Your Hopeful Oppa

Your Hopeful Oppa

A/N: This story is dedicated to my maknae Jazzi. Hope you guys enjoy!

 

                You bounced on the balls of your feet in excitement as you tried to see how far you were from the panel. Not far. You couldn’t sleep the night before because you were so happy. You are going to see the people that put a smile on your face, that made you laugh, that made you appreciate music. Those people were none other than BTS.

                Since you come from the States, not only did you have to pay for the expensive fan meet ticket, but your plane ticket and hotel as well. You had worked hard to save up enough money. The past few months were difficult for you. You had taken on an extra job, including your other job and school. There were days when you felt like giving up, but you knew you couldn’t, because you’ll never get another chance to see BTS again. It was your dream to see them face to face. Especially J-Hope. J-Hope is your favorite member, and whenever you would watch a Bangtan Bomb with him in it, you would always smile or laugh. You didn’t know how, but J-Hope made you so happy.  And now, you’re finally here, only a few steps from the panel.

                You clutched the BTS album tighter as the line slowly began to move. Your heart began to beat out of control and you suddenly found it difficult to breathe normally. You were excited, but also scared. What if I mess up on some of my Korean? What if I forget how to speak Korean? What if I don’t say anything? You were pulled out of your thoughts as a staff member ushered you up the stairs to the panel. J-Hope was the last member in line. You sigh in relief. You don’t think you could handle it if J-Hope was first.

                You stepped up to the first member. V. He gave you a smile and a cute wave. You bowed and said hello as you handed him your album. You were extremely nervous. Not only are you standing a few inches away from a BTS member, but he’s one of your favorite members. You loved that he’s so down to earth and weird. Especially because he doesn’t care what other people think. “What’s your name?” V asked you. “J-Jasmine,” you stuttered. You mentally scolded yourself for sounding so stupid. V merely chuckled and asked you where you were from. “I’m from the States,” you replied. V’s eyes widened and his mouth made an ‘o’ shape. You couldn’t help but laugh. “You came all the way to Korea just to see us?! Wah~ daebak! You’re a true fan!” You smiled at V’s praise. “Who’s your favorite member?” V asks excitedly. You scratched the back of your neck in embarrassment. “J-Hope oppa,” you admitted. V smiled. “Well thank you for coming. Really. And I hope things go well with J-Hope hyung,” V says as he slides over the signed album.

                You go member by member, answering their questions, and even asking some yourself. You were surprised. The boys were so much more natural than you thought. When they spoke to you, it felt like you were just talking to a normal person. They didn’t talk like an idol. They spoke with more freedom. You respected them even more after learning that. BTS isn’t like other groups in your opinion. They love music because it’s their passion. Not just because it’s their job. You loved how they acted like themselves no matter what.

                You reached the second to last member, and also another one of your favorite. Jin. You bowed and Jin waved at you, crooked fingers and all. You handed Jin your album and he gave you a heart-stopping smile. “What’s your name, honey?” he asked in a soft voice. “Jasmine,” you reply confidently. You loved Jin because he doesn’t let the fact that not everybody pays attention to him get to him. He’s comfortable with himself and is confident and doesn’t really need all eyes on him to be happy. Jin inspired you to be confident in yourself and to accept yourself as who you are. “Um, Princess Jin. T-thank you for being so kind to the other members. I don’t think they would survive without you,” you say. Jin covers his mouth as he laughs. “Ah thank you. I try my best,” Jin says as he bows. “Could…could I have a hug?” you asks shyly. Jin nods and stands up from his seat. His long arms wrap around you and you do the same. He smells nice. You smile as you two pull away. Before you move on, Jin grabs your hand and kisses it. “I hope to see you again soon my queen,” Jin smiles.

                You move on to the next member with confidence. But as you lift your head to face him, your heart stops. It’s J-Hope. He’s smiling at you and his eyes are sparkling. You feel your chest tighten and you find it hard to breathe again. Suddenly you realize that J-Hope, the J-Hope was sitting right in front of you. You dream had finally come true. After all the hardships of the past few month, you were finally able to see J-Hope. Without noticing, hot tears pour down your cheeks. J-Hope’s smile is replaced with a look of concern as he stands up from his seat. “What’s wrong? Don’t cry,” J-Hope pleads as he grabs your wrists. You try to look away from him. You don’t want J-Hope to see you like this. Why are you crying? You should be happy! You are! So why are you crying?  You think to yourself. Suddenly, J-Hope is close to your face and he’s making one of his famous derp faces. You can’t help but laugh. J-Hope smiles and makes another odd face. You smile and laugh again. “That’s good. Keep smiling. You look so pretty when you’re smiling. So please don’t cry,” J-Hope wipes away the rest of your tears, “let me be your hope,” he says, and pulls you into a hug.

                After you’ve calmed down, you apologize to the waiting fans and staff, and before you go, you make sure to thank J-Hope again. He winks at you and gives you a thumbs up as you walk away. As you’re leaving the event, you hear J-Hope shout “Jasmine, fighting!” You laugh and wave back before finally leaving.

                During the bus ride back to your hotel, you open your album and trace your fingers over the signatures. You make your way to J-Hope’s signature, and you smile at the message written in sloppy hand-writing. “Your smile can make the whole world shine so don’t hide it! Don’t worry about anything and let me be your hope,” signed “your hopeful oppa.”