Not A Bad Thing

Not A Bad Thing

i'm sorry for unforgivable grammar.. i'm bad at english T^T

enjoy

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I won’t stop until you believe

♥♥♥

Nothing special happen this Sunday, everything is fine and normal. One thing that made ​​this day special it’s just because one of my friends held a mini concert in a large park at the center of the city to celebrate his 2 years debut in the music world.

So, here I am. Sitting on the step stool watching Kim Jonghyun who was singing one of his own composed song titled I'm Sorry, with the other fans and accompanied by my best friend, Lee Jinki. He sat right next to me, and looks really enjoyed the song that being sung by Jonghyun. Well who's not?

All the audience applauded when Jonghyun finished his song, a few fans even screaming his name and crying. I can only shake my head. Jonghyun smiled and walked past the grand piano that he just played, he finally stood in the middle of the stage, holding a mic.

"This song I made ​​for a special concert tonight  ..." he said to the audience

But I can't focus on listening about what Jonghyun said because suddenly the man right next to me -read: Jinki- who suddenly can’t stand still. He tapped his hand against his thigh. He looks nervous. I frown and tugged back of his elbow, I made ​​a face as if to ask if he was all right?? But Jinki only smiled just before he shook his head and pointed with his chin toward the stage as to ask me look back to the stage.

Still with the frown, I returned my gaze to the stage where Jonghyun was standing there, holding a guitar.

"In this special evening, in my special concert .." Jonghyun chuckled "..there will be a special stage from someone who I know. Well, actually he begged me to give him a special stage tonight. And because I'm a very very good person I'll give him five minutes. Do you guys don’t mind it??" Jonghyun asked to the audience who answered in unison

"NEEE !!!!"

I bit my lip, thinking. Who is that someone?? Is someone that I know??

Jonghyun voice that come out from a big speaker in my back startled me and I snapped back to the reality.

"Alright then.. So, Lee Jinki !! This stage is yours now .." called Jonghyun from the stage.

Surprised, I turned my head to Jinki who close his head with his palm. Angrily, I glare towards Jonghyun who only grinning and shrugged. I cursed, will I kill Kim Jonghyun later. How dare he make a fun with Jinki. Didn’t he know about Jinki’s stage fever??

I glance back to Jinki who wants to stand up, his face were red blushing hard. I grabbed his wrist and shook my head to tell him not to do this. I’m begging to not follow Jonghyun stupid game.  But the man that I worried only show of his stupid –but I like- grin and ruffled my hair.

Half heart, I released my grip on his wrist. I don’t know what possessed Jinki tonight, but Jinki that I know didn’t like being the center of attention. But that guy now calmly walked to the stage and surpraiseingly his face was calm too. I clasped my hands tightly, for some reason I feel nervous when I saw Jinki slowly getting closer to the stage.

God please, don’t let something bad happen to him.

I snapped when someone tapped me on the shoulder, Minho and Taemin just arrived and they sat next to me. Minho chuckled talk to me "We came on the right time .."

I have not had time to digest what Minho words mean. There is another loud sound from the big speaker behind me and I quickly shifted my view back toward the stage and Jinki already standing there.

Jonghyun gives Jinki a brief hug and gives his guitar to Jinki

"Everyone, my best friend Lee Jinki .." Jonghyun said as he swung his arms as a signal that he gave the stage to Jinki. Jinki reply it back by bowing to thank Jonghyun then bowing towards the audience.

Standing on stage with a guitar in his hand, I know that he is nervous. I can see it clearly on his face. He closed his eyes as he took a deep breath in, trying to eliminate his nervousness. And without realizing I was doing the same thing. I held my breath as he opened his eyes and met my gaze.

one second …

two seconds …

three seconds …

My heart jump and I feel a strange feeling in my stomach as he smiles oh-my-favorite-smile to me. The nervousness that I seen clearly on his face was disappeared and replaced by a confidence that radiates from his crescent eyes.

"Anyonghaseo, may I introduce myself?? I’m Lee Jinki. Thanks for Jonghyun for giving me his most precious five minutes from this concert  ..." Jinki looked at Jonghyun who already sitting in front of the piano "And to the audience, thank you for your time .."

"Ohh, stop with the chit chat .." Jonghyun rolled his eyes "You've only got five minutes. Tick tock tick tock .."

The whole audience laughed, and so did I.. It seems like all will be fine.

"Alright alright .." Jinki mumbled with some ageyo-tone but quite audible because the mic was in front of him so everyone laughed again.

"Ahem .. Actually the reason why I’m standing here is to tell someone that... It’s not a bad thing to fall in love.. And I beg you, please open your heart for me .." he spoke with a pleading tone

I can hear teasing voice and whispers envy from the audience. And Jinki heard it, his face flushed and he bit his lower lip. Somehow I could hear clearly a woman said "Aigo kyoptaa.." but I didn’t pay attention. I was too busy, thinking about who is Jinki spoke to. Did he like someone here?? That is why from earlier he can’t stand still?? My heart squeezed, no.. I'm not ready to lose my best friend.

"Ki??" I lifted my face when my name was called and for the second time in the night my heart was going to jump out and I feel strange feeling in my stomach when our eyes met and he smiled "This song, I'll sing it for you .."

I gaped, don’t know if it’s true or just something wrong with my ear.

Melodious sound was heard when Jinki strumming his guitar. His eyes never leave from me, as if to reassure me that I was the person he really meant. And then he began to sing

-Not a Bad Thing by Justin Timberlake-

♪♪ Said all I want from you is to see you tomorrow

And every tomorrow, maybe you'll let me borrow your heart

And is it too much to ask for every Sunday

And while we're at it, throw in every other day to start ♪♪

 

Suddenly a memory flashed in my mind.

"Kibum-ah, what will you do this Sunday??" asked Jinki to me who was sitting at the school yard while reading a book.

"Hmmm.. I’m gonna study, I guess.. Our midterms soon.. why?? "

Jinki shook his head before he smiled stupid and ruffled my hair "This Sunday I will pick you up at 10 am.. I want you to accompany me somewhere.." Jinki winked and ran away, left me who still don’t understand what just happened.

 

♪♪ Now how about I'd be the last voice you hear tonight?

And every other night for the rest of the nights that there are

Every morning I just wanna see you staring back at me

'Cause I know that's a good place to start ♪♪

 

Drrtt drrtt

I groaned, as searching for my phone that choose to hide under the pillows. While searching my phone that keep ringing, I looked at the digital clock on my desk. It’s 5.30. I grumbled, who is this stupid person who calling me too early in Sunday.

I opened my heavy eyes slowly as I found my phone and saw Jinki called me from skype. I taped the answer

"What??" I asked with my hoarse voice

He laughs, perhaps seeing my wake up condition "Good morning my princess, do you know that get up early and exercise in the morning is very good for your health??"

I rolled my eyes and then looked at my phone screen. Lee Jinki, for some reason someone who’s not a morning person but seems to look very dazzling every morning.

"I just wanted to sleep .." I muttered while holding my drowsiness.

He laughed again "I give you fifteen minutes, and I'll call you again .."

"Whoatevhooaaamm .." I replied with a yawn

He smiled "Nice to see you this morning .."

And my face began to heat up

 

♪♪ I know people the make promises all the time

Then they turn right around and break them

When someone cuts your heart open with a knife, now you're bleeding

But I could be that guy to heal it over time

And I will not stop until you believe it

'Cause baby you're worth it ♪♪

 

I hugged my knees and hide my face on it. I cried, for the nth time Jinwoon hurt my feelings again.

I hear when someone walks towards me and sat beside me. I keep silent, waiting for that person to speak, or maybe go. But that person said nothing. I raised my head my head and i saw Jinki sat beside me, looking straight to the lake.

"W-what are you doing here ??" I asked without trying to wipe my tears or snot that comes out from my nose.

Jinki glanced at me. He just smiled and patted his shoulder, offered for me. And subconsciously I was crying and hugged him.

And I just realize it now, that he hugged me tight that day.

 

♪♪ No I won't fill your mind

With broken promises and wasted time

And if you fall, you'll always land right in these arms

These arms of mine ♪♪

 

He is always right there beside me when I need him.

And I never realized it before,

Until today

 

♪♪Don't act like it's a bad thing to fall in love with me

'Cause you might look around and find your dreams come true, with me

Spent all your time and your money just to find out that my love was free

So don't act like it's a bad thing to fall in love with me, me

It's not a bad thing to fall in love with me, me

Not such a bad thing to fall in love with me♪♪

 

Jinki finished his song with a big smile on his lips,  makes all of audience standing and clapping, giving him standing ovation, seems like they were hypnotize by Jinki beautiful and gentle voice. So do I. It’s just, I’m not able to stand up, my legs were still shaky and weak. It seems like my whole body including my brain still can’t digest what had just happened. I realized Minho and Taemin who were sitting beside me keep teasing me over what had happened. But I don’t have any energy to stop them.

 

Suddenly the whole applauds and cheer from the audience stopped. I raised my head to see what was happening on stage. But because of all the people in front of me stood up, I couldn’t see what happened. I just heard the sound of some minor shouting "Omo omo omo .." Before chubby fingers and gently held my wrist.

I looked at the owner's fingers that were just smiling at me flushing hard as he pulling me up gently.

"Come on .." ask  him, while his free hand took my bag and bring it together. I followed him, helplessly.

My face heated up again, my heart beat faster and hundreds of butterfly in my belly dancing crazily. Oh God, what happened to me? Jinki firm grip feel so soft and warm. I don’t care about an audience that been watching us leaving the venue. All I care right now is about someone who grasps my hand and brings me to a place that only he knows where. I'd really want to read his mind, like he always read my mind. I want to know what's on his mind now at this time, is he really meant about what he said before??

We stopped at a small lake, a little far from where Jonghyun hold his concert. This lake is one of my favorite places, a place where I can let go of all of my anxiety just by sit here and breathe some fresh air. And this is the place where Jinki always find me.

There is silent, none of us know how to start or to say. We both just stood staring at the moonlight.

"Ki??" finally someone dare to start

"Hmm .."

"Surprised??" he asked

I nodded and tilt my head "A little .."

"Reallyyyyyyyy??"

I could hear the smile in his voice, and it makes me smile too

"Well, a lot.. Somehow I never imagine it.."

"So??"

"So what??" answer me, a little faster than my brain.

He laughs and just by hearing his laugh my heart thumping very loud.. Jinki turn to me, hold my shoulder and turn me towards him.

"Can we stop this awkwardness??" asked him

I slap his shoulder then looked at his face "You started it .."

He laughed again "I know, I'm sorry.."

I don’t say anything. We didn’t say anything. Just stared at each other, tried to find any answer for something that can’t be explained.

"I know you don’t believe me.."

"Hmm??"

"You still scared to feel that pain again..”

"It's complicated Jinki, I-"

Jinki my cheek with his gentle fingers, it makes me goosebumps. God, what he did to me?? Why am i like this??

"I'm not going to ask you to like me, like I do... I only ask you to open your heart door just a little and let me in.."

Sincere, that's what I feel from every words that Jinki said. But I can’t answer it. I'm too scared.

He squeezes my hand tighter "I'm not going to force you Kim Kibum, you know it. But I will prove to you.." he smiles, oh my favorite smile.

There were heard a loud voices from the distance

"I think the concert is over, let's go back now.." Jinki turned and walked toward too where the concert held. For a moment I feel sad to look at his warm back walk away from me. I really don’t know what should I do, half of my heart want to remain in my safety zone where I don’t want to fall in love again. But the other half keep to shouted that he needs it, he needs love. And that love has come even without I realize it. I took a deep breath, finally I made up my decision.

"Jinki .." call me

He turned around "Yea??"

I stretch out my hand.

He frowned as he asked what I mean. I want to laugh, this is the first time he can’t read my mind.

"I've already opened my heart for you from the first time, it’s only I didn’t realize it that you already come in and steal it ."

I could see the smile tugs on his lips "And do you realize it now??”

Shy smile, without even care my face getting red. I nodded

Without I even realize Jinki already grasp my hand and pulled me into his arms.

He kissed my hair and hugged me tightly "Oh god, it needs a big sacrifice to make you realize with my feeling..”

I laughed and hugged him back "Thank you for your singing, I like it.. Very much.."

Then something snapped my mind "Oh no !!"

Jinki release his hug and holding my face, he looks panic "What?? What happens?? Are you okay??"

"I don’t record your performance.. Omo I should record it .."

Jinki gently smacked my forehead "Aigoo, this kid .."

I stick out my tongue and he pressed his forehead to me "Actually, I've already asked Minho to record it, because.." he shrug "..who knows you want to watch it again.." Jinki said with a shy smile.

And I really want to pinch his cheeks because he was so cute, but instead of pinching his cheek I hugged him and buried my head in his board and warm chest. I felt very safe, comfortable and ease being in his arms.

"You know Jinki??”

"Hmm??”

"You were right..”

"About what??"

"It's not a bad thing to fall in love with you .."

He tightened his arms and kissed my forehead "I know .."

And this Sunday turn out the special day. At least for me, and Jinki.