Welcome to Galaxy

Such A Chaste

 

I stood up on the aisle of the bus, stretching. It's the longest ride I've had so far. My hurts and maybe got flattened for hours of sitting. But that's the point of taking provincial bus instead of bullet train: to stall time. To have enough hours to think about things.

I was born in Korea and raised in China, mainly because my parents' businesses are concentrated there. Few days ago, I convinced my parents to let me visit Korea when my closest housekeeper requested for few days off. Basically, I stayed with her in Busan for days.

But that wasn't my plan. My plan is to stay here in Korea, not in China, for college; to take multimedia arts instead of business administration. So when I was able to sneak out yesterday, I did ride a bus to Seoul in no time. The whole time I'm in the bus, my phone hasn't stopped ringing and messages came flooding I need to turn it off instead. In short, I'm a runaway.

 

And I've been abducted. I'm being dragged with my arm by two gripping hands. I was pushed inside the car just a second I exit the bus and before I even get to step on the soil of Seoul. Yes, I've been abducted by my very sweet friend, Seulbi.

She hugs me, kisses me, she jokes by trying to speak in Mandarin and she has not stopped talking for already 30 minutes since we got inside the cab. Remind me not to make my friend miss me a lot.

"I just hope there won't be any cops carrying search warrants in the house now that your parents knew what you've done." She jokes.

"No. My dad won't go that far. I talked to him yesterday on the phone though I'm not sure if he really listened at all. But I'm pretty sure it's hours before I'll be disowned."

"Oh boy..."

"So I'll be leeching on your riches instead."

"Take it all darling."

"No way. You've been so nice enough to let me stay for nothing back. I'll be looking for part time job soon as I settle things up so I could at least pay for my food."

"Girl, I told you, we---"

"No arguments. C'mon."

 

We went inside her house first. She led me upstairs, towards the rooms, where one is reserved for me. But even before I could start unpacking, she already gave me a dress to change for. I don't really have any energy left to argue with her so I wear what she wanted me to--- long sleeve cream blouse and black skater skirt. It's pretty decent actually and really really cute.

Even before I could protest, I'm already being dragged back in the car and we hit the road until we stop by in front of a club. I turn to look at her like asking if she's serious but she looks back at me as if answering she's totally sure of this.

We hop out the car and walk towards the entrance door. At one side of the metal door, letters were engraved and it says,

GALAXY

"Uh, Seulbi-yah, I think clubbing on my first night to Seoul is not a very good idea." I worried for a while when my friend is about to push the doors.

"Oh, c'mon, this is not your ordinary club, my dear."

Now that's even more alarming.

What else could be there if my bestfriend thinks it's not ordinary?

I gulped as I follow her inside when she pushed the heavy metal door to open.

It's actually my first time in the club but I can tell this one is not as simple as Seulbi said just a while ago. It's not because I'm not allowed, it's already been a year since I'm in the right age to go clubbing anyway but my parents set out the rule. It's my surname and their reputation that I'm not free to do something that might taint those two. But since I even run away from home, might as well get the full experience. There's no smoke and liquor like what I often see in dramas. The place is surrounded by loud booming of speakers and filled with college students or like from young adults to adults and beyond. Screaming fangirls from the top of their lungs, jumping and pushing, each can't get enough from shouting the group's name or the guy's name or simply 'oppa'.

"Great! We just made it to Growl's performance." Seulbi said as she pulls me more inside.

"What's Growl?"

"Oh, the one performing on stage. See? My cousin's over there too."

Well, I can barely see. The stage is somewhat far and tons of girls are getting wild over the place.

I stopped when Seulbi pulls me by my arm, "Hey, no way I'm going near the stage. We're going to be squeezed, morelike, crushed by girls acting like sasaeng fans!"

"Ha Yeon Soo! You're spoiling the fun! C'mon, the guys are even more amazing upclose!" And so she drags me and before I knew it, we're standing on the railing separating us from the stage.

 

I looked up the stage to watch the five guys performing. All of them doesn't seem to look far older than my age, early twenties atmost. They're dancing in the tune of hiphop, electronic R&B and they're really good! Their dance steps matches the song perfectly and sways the crowd satisfyingly. Nothing can pull off these kinds of dance steps wearing high school uniforms but boy, they're rolling!

They took their caps off, dropped them on the floor, revealing their faces full under the lights as they continue to dance. I thought there's gonna be stampede when the girls got higher and wilder and oh...
Oh my.
Oh.
My.

I couldn't take my eyes off the main dancer. He's insanely gorgeous. His fierce eyes rake through the crowd, making sure he meets every eyes on him. His platinum blonde hair is nothing but a mess and nothing but tempting to touch. In contrast to his light hair is his killer tan. The way he wears his uniform isn't helping either. Unlike other members, he doesn't wear a tie. Three buttons undone and his shirt is untucked--- shouting how bad a student he can be.

He's nastier than sin, his moves hotter than , scanning the crowd, like he's dancing with every single girl in the club, like he's swaying only for you, taking you right here right this moment. Running his hands over his own body, casually pushing his coat further against his back and pulling it back again; I wish he would just totally take it off, no, not like that, I mean, I wish he would just stop teasing the crowd. My God, all girls go lunatic everytime he does that.

Another thing is that alarmingly flirting half-smile of his. It's such a tease. Seducing enough that though discreetly given, girls get more chaotic the moment it passes over them. His gaze bore mine and surprisingly stayed. I blushed until I noticed the girl on my back starts hyperventilating, the one on my side begins to lose her mind, and the girl in front of me seems to faint. Then maybe it's not only me he's staring. I tear my eyes off him and notice the other members.

 

The two guys on the left side are also cute. One has pale blonde hair, slightly taller than the main dancer, and has a very handsome face. His moves synchronize perfectly with the main dancer, he's probably one of the lead dancers of the group. The other one on the further back is shorter than the rest of the group and is very cute! He is dark-haired and has a very pale skin and a pair of big round eyes and also, cherry-shaped lips. He is also a good dancer, only that those two lead are incomparable.

Moving on to the right side of the stage is another pair of equally attractive guys dancing. One next to the main dancer is shorter and the last, and the only one I recognized, is the tallest of them all.

The shorter one is very charming. He smiles widely through the crowd and appears to be friendly. He has a light brown hair and dopey eyes that matches his small nose and thin lips perfectly. He dances rather cutely.

The last one whose name I know as Tao is now a blondie. I used to remember his raven black hair then but now, yeah, he's blond and dancing. His mysterious aura is still there I see. I still admire his sharp cat-shaped eyes and high nose. He looks very manly and cool. He is Seulbi's boyfriend. He is the reason why Seulbi and I became closer than ever. 

 

Seulbi pulled me out the crowd just before the last dance of the group, said it's disastrous the moment they finished and get down the stage. I could imagine the girls literally throwing themselves at them, at the main dancer. And so, I take one last glance at him, as usual, he is utterly y and he knows it. He runs his hand on his hair, down to cover face side of his face as he tilts his head a little while he breathes and part his lips. He trails his throat with his fingers and down to his collar bones and watching him makes me feel... bad? I don't know, wicked? Whatever. It's good we're going away from the stage.

 

We sat on stools at the bar, there are fewer people around the area for most of the population are still dazed near the stage. Apparently, they serve fruit juice or wine along other alcoholic drinks.

"I didn't know Tao is in the group." I started as I point my finger on the stage.

"Yeah, Growl started since high school but official gigs started when the boys turned 18."

"Oh, so no one's in high school by now?"

"You're not seriously asking that are you?"

"Well, they wear uniform and all."

"Well, though this isn't your ordinary club, it's still restricted to minors so the ones with access inside here are those 18 and above. As for the uniforms, that's Baekhyun's idea. That guy seriously loves costumes and Tao finds it sick but he wears it anyway."

"Probably 'cuz you said he looks nice in those."

She laughs. Then we noticed the noise got louder. We look back the direction of the stage and figured Growl has just finished. I look back on my drink while shaking my head in disbelief. 

"So Baekhyun is the one on the center?" I asked half-curious about this main dancer.

"Ah no, Baekhyun is the guy next to Tao, you know the one with lots of smiles and all, the main dancer in the center is---"  her statement was cut off when we both turned to the stage once more because the crowd got very silent all of a sudden.

We watch as a man holding his guitar on one hand walks in the center of the stage and sits on the stool while settling his guitar on his lap.

"Oh, so he's here today huh, no wonder it's more crowded than usual." I hear Seulbi comments on my side.

But I can't comment back. I stood up and walk nearer the stage the moment the guy strums his guitar, the moment he places his lips closer to the mic and sing.

His voice is soft and sweet. The lyrics of his song are so mellow, almost heartbreaking. The melody craves deeply to touch. The singer's eyes looks real sad and he closes his eyes from time to time as if feeling his own voice too.

 

"Dragging the suitcases, carrying my backpack
Leaving for a far off place again
But I will be without you by my side

"The past few days when I held you in my arms beside me
A happy time
You suddenly left, I couldn’t take it.
Putting a full stop on happiness.

 

He sings the lyrics which I knew he wrote himself with so much passion and as if it tells a story of his life. His voice started as low and slowly, it begins to creep you inside with caress. I'm not even sure I'm still breathing.

 

"Walking by your side, a restless heart.
The tears of farewell pour out. 
Yet the helpless I only begs for time to be able stop.

"Sitting at the gate, pain in my chest
Being unable to see you for the last time
Your smile to me, your whining to me 
I still want to feel it again.

 

When he starts to sing the chorus, I'm certain I am breathless. More emotions came rushing from his voice. It both hurts and relieves. It's soothing, like how he can always be.

 

"Oh baby don’t leave
Don’t leave me to wait alone
Oh baby I’m in front of you
Love is waiting for you to come by my side

"Oh baby talking about letting go
Don’t want to go on like this again alone
The one not letting go of love is me
Want to become your guardian.

"Oh baby don’t leave
Don’t leave me to wait alone
Oh baby I’m in front of you
Love is waiting for you to come by my side"

 

Even after the song finished and the crowd cheers and shouts for an encore, I still can't breathe. I can't move. Can't take away my eyes from the man on stage that is staring back at me. He is not a stranger. Because I'm certain his saddle brown hair is naturally wavy. I remember those pair of hooded eyes. I recognize that soft warm voice. I can tell the dimple deepens when he smiles.

I know this man.

I know him from my childhood memories as a bearer of my young love, my first crush.

And I have his name Yixing in my heart.

 

 


that's it for the first chapter, it's first person pov, I hope it's ok... and sorry for late update, I thank you guys for subs even before the first chapter came out. :)

np : airport tears by exo lay