Rule of the Thumb

Rule of the Thumb

It starts with a scream.

 

Zitao, who had knocked out on Yifan’s bed the night before, bolts upright, groggy eyes looking around wildly for the source of the scream. Finding none, Zitao inches closer to Yifan’s side of his bed. “Duizhang. Duizhang, did you hear that?” He looks to his side, expecting to see Yifan and creasing his brows in confusion when he doesn’t see him. “Duizhang?”

 

Something moves at the corner of Zitao’s eye and he glances at the pillow, jaw dropping open and eyes as wide as they can be.

 

It’s Yifan. Shrunk.

 

“D-d-duizhang?” Zitao gasps out.

 

“If you scream, I will kill you,” Yifan threatens. Well, at least his voice sounds, well, normal and not squeaky like Zitao had expected. “Your loud voice will make my head explode.”

 

“Okay,” Zitao nods, his voice dropping to a whisper.

 

“That doesn’t mean you whisper either. I can barely hear you.”

 

“Make up your mind,” Zitao whines.

 

“Just don’t. Shout,” Yifan growls, eyes closed as he massages his temple. “And don’t whine either. My head’s feeling like it’ll explode.”

 

“But how can I not?” Zitao clamps his hands to his mouth, voice muffled. “Urgh, you look so cute, duizhang!” he squeals, the high-pitched sound sharp in Yifan’s ears.

 

“What did I just say?” Yifan snaps, his hands pressed tight against his ears.

 

“Oops,” Zitao whispers again, but unable to hold in the giggle that bursts from his lips. “I’m sorry.” He leans forward and pecks one of Yifan’s ears. Yifan falls over and Zitao chuckles, kissing him lightly once more. “You’re so cute, duizhang. But I have to ask, what happened?”

 

Yifan sighs, sitting back up and wiping at his ear. “I have no idea. I fell asleep, and the next thing I knew, I woke up feeling suffocated from being covered by the blanket. I had to literally burrow my way out of here.”

 

“We need to go on with our day, though,” Zitao sighs, the top of Yifan’s head with a finger. “I need to show you to our members, in case they ask where I’m keeping you.”

 

“We can just ignore them and spend the whole day cuddling,” Yifan suggests, though he doesn’t fight when Zitao wraps gentle fingers around him.

 

Zitao chuckles. “Cuddling with Yifan junior is not what I do, if you catch my drift.”

 

Yifan sighs. “I do, sadly. I need a less corrupted lover.”

 

 

 

 

 

The first thing that Luhan did was scream.

 

“Yeah, scream louder, why don’t you?” Yifan grits his teeth. “I don’t think you killed my brain cells enough.”

 

“Oh, but you look so cute!” Luhan squealed, snatching Yifan into his hands and ignoring Zitao’s indignant cry. “Aw, who’s our cute xiaolong?”

 

Red colors Yifan’s cheeks. “ you.”

 

“What happened?” Minseok asks, a hand pressed against his mouth as he tries not to laugh. “How did this even happen?”

 

“He doesn’t know,” Zitao says, now watching Luhan coo over the tiny leader. “He just woke up like that.”

 

“He’s lucky we have no schedule,” Yixing purses his lips in thought. “If we have dance practice today, we would have trampled over him. And think about how much he has to run to get to his positions.”

 

Jongdae only chuckles.

 

“What’s more important is keeping this a secret to the other members,” Minseok says, holding an arm out to stop Luhan from spinning. He holds out his hand and Luhan pouts, placing Yifan on his open palm. “Do you want the other members to know?”

 

“Definitely not,” Yifan crosses his arms, sitting down on Minseok’s palm. “Think of the things they’ll do to me.”

 

Yixing tilts his head to the side in confusion. “Like?”

 

Yifan shoots a glare at Luhan. “This one’s already planning on dressing me up.”

 

“But you’ll be so cute!” Luhan protests.

 

“So keeping his suddenly tiny size as a secret is a yes?” Jongdae asks.

 

“Looks like it’s the only way,” Minseok sighs, gesturing Zitao to come closer. “Who knows how they’ll react.” He angles his hand with Zitao, allowing Yifan to walk to his boyfriend’s hand.

 

Yixing shrugs. “Knowing Baekhyun and Chanyeol, they’re going to tease duizhang endlessly.”

 

“So we keep this a secret,” Luhan confirms.

 

“Got it, Jongdae?” Minseok shoots Jongdae a sharp glare.

 

Jongdae presses his right hand to his heart, his left hand in the air like he’s making a vow. “I promise.”

 

Of course, Jongdae tells the other members.

 

 

 

 

 

It’s only been fifteen minutes since the discovery of Yifan’s drastic change when their front door bursts open, the other members collapsing through it and onto the floor in a heap.

 

Yixing stares from where he’s making jianbing, Zitao quickly grabbing Yifan and slipping him up into his sleeve. He was forced to wear a jacket earlier by Luhan, to quickly hide Yifan in case their manager suddenly visits. While Zitao had whined for a full minute while putting it on, he’s quite glad that Luhan had talked him into wearing it, despite it being such a hot morning.

 

“So,” Baekhyun says loudly, standing up and helping Chanyeol to his feet. “Where’s our little thumb princess Kristelina?”

 

Yifan resists the urge to shout a who’re you callin’ a princess, you er very loudly at Baekhyun, biting the inside of Zitao’s sleeve instead.

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Luhan says nonchalantly, feeding Minseok a cut-up piece. He smiles fondly at the other boy when Minseok chews obediently, patting his cheek with his other, clean hand.

 

“You all can drop the act,” Sehun grumbles, allowing himself to be pulled up by Jongin. “We’ve been told by Jongdae hyung that Kris hyung woke up as a four-inch doll.”

 

Zitao whips his head to look at Jongdae, eyes glinting.

 

“Oh, you cute little maknae, you,” Jongdae laughs. “Oh, you cute little maknae who doesn’t know when to shut the up.”

 

“Oh please, Jongdae,” Baekhyun rolls his eyes. “How else would we know if not by you?”

 

Jongdae thinks for a while, tapping his chin before nodding. “Yeah, I guess you’re right.”

 

Joonmyun sighs. “I’m sorry, guys. I tried to stop them. I really did.”

 

“But he didn’t,” Kyungsoo says.

 

“Okay, I didn’t,” Joonmyun agrees, a smile forming on his face. “I really wanna see this.”

 

Yixing sighs and turns off the pan, sliding the last couple of jianbing onto a plate. “Why do you wanna see him anyway? It’s exactly like imagining duizhang … just smaller.”

 

“Yeah, that’s hard to do when he’s constantly towering over you,” Kyungsoo grumbles.

 

“I can’t even imagine me small,” Chanyeol adds.

 

“’Cause this isn’t about you,” Baekhyun rolls his eyes. “This is about Kris hyung, who we will see, by the way, in his teeny tiny elf self.”

 

“But …” Zitao takes a step back.

 

That action alone is enough for the Korean subgroup to realize that Yifan’s with Zitao. Sehun holds a hand out at Zitao, expression surprisingly stern. “Hand him over.”

 

“Um … just a sec.” Zitao zips into the comfort of Yifan’s room, sighing as he gently pulls Yifan out. “Ge, what do we do?”

 

Yifan sighs and shakes his head. “I don’t know. I guess … we gotta show them.”

 

“Are you sure?” Zitao creases his brows in worry. “But what about them wanting to do things to you?”

 

Yifan runs a hand through his hair. “Well, what else can we do?” He lets out a frustrated grunt. “I knew we couldn’t trust Jongdae with this.”

 

“I’m sorry,” Zitao smiles.

 

Yifan looks up at Zitao and smiles back. “You’re so cute,” he scoffs, rolling his eyes. Zitao lightly taps his head with a finger, Yifan wrapping his arms around the digit and planting a tiny little kiss on the tip, causing Zitao’s smile to grow even wider.

 

“No, you are,” Zitao corrects. “My cute little duizhang.”

 

 

 

 

 

By the time Zitao steps back outside, their counterpart members are gathered in front of the door, sitting on chairs arranged in a semi-circle. Zitao instinctively takes one step back. “Wha—”

 

“Just hand us the leader, Zitao,” Kyungsoo says, “and nobody gets hurt.”

 

“Do what he says!” Jongdae screams, Zitao now realizing that Kyungsoo has him in a painful-looking choke.

 

“Or don’t,” Minseok says calmly, sipping on some Oolong tea Luhan had prepared. “He should get what he deserves for telling them about Yifan’s predicament even when we specifically told him not to.”

 

“Umin da ge!” Jongdae wails, Yixing snorting unattractively. “Umin da ge, forgive meeeeeeee!”

 

Kyungsoo tightens his grip a bit and Jongdae chokes. “Quiet, you.”

 

Jongdae whimpers.

 

“We just want to see what he looks like now that we’re finally taller than him,” Joonmyun says with a kind smile.

 

“Well …” Zitao puffs a cheek out, “okay.” He can never really resist his mama. With gentle fingers, he reaches back into his sleeve and carefully pinches the back of Yifan’s shirt, lifting him up for the members to see.

 

The scramble to see him was ferocious: Baekhyun elbows those in his way and Sehun shouts at those blocking his view; Kyungsoo drops Jongdae (who begins inhaling oxygen as much as he could) and scrambles to the front; Joonmyun tries not to grin viciously at the sight of Yifan dangling from Zitao’s fingers. The small leader is fuming, arms crossed as they crowd around him like he’s some sort of exhibit.

 

“He’s so cute!” Chanyeol squeals.

 

Jongin just rolls his eyes and turns away, grumbling a he’s not that cute under his breath, making his way to Luhan.

 

“Oh, man,” Sehun stares after Jongin.

 

“He’s pissed off now,” Baekhyun faux whispers, even though his attention is still on Yifan.

 

“Oh, come on, Jongin-ah! He’s not as cute as you! He’ll never be cuter than you!” Chanyeol calls after Jongin, ignoring Kyungsoo’s snigger. “Jongin-ah! Wait!” He abandons s, almost tripping over his own feet as he scrambles after Jongin.

 

“He’s so tiny,” Joonmyun grins, poking Yifan’s belly with a finger.

 

“ing ow, !” Yifan growls, hands clutching his stomach as he curls into himself.

 

Baekhyun grins and claps in delight. “Aw, how cute! His voice hasn’t changed! Such a deep voice on a tiny body! It’s mildly horrifying and mentally scarring, but it’s still cute!”

 

“I’ve still got some of Monggu’s clothes in my room,” Sehun says. “I hope they fit you.”

 

Yifan groans. This was a bad idea.

 

 

 

 

 

Brunch was … a questionable affair. Yifan doesn’t know whether he enjoyed it or not.

 

It’s nice having Zitao take care of him (for once). The boy cuts up his food into teeny tiny pieces, feeding them to Yifan with his hands and smiling at him every once in a while. Yixing seemed to have arrived to the conclusion that if he gives Yifan enough food, he’ll grow back to his normal size, so he keeps piling Zitao’s plate with food, telling him to keep feeding their shrunken leader.

 

Their counterpart members had decided to stay over for lunch too. While it normally gives Yifan a familial sense of comfort, it’s been nothing but a pain in the .

 

With every small morsel of food Zitao feeds Yifan, Baekhyun and Sehun would snort, Chanyeol would coo and Jongin would angrily stab at his food.

 

Luhan shushes them by flapping a hand in their faces. “Hush, kids. I think it’s cute!” He sighs dreamily as he watches Zitao carefully pour a small amount of water into a water bottle cap, passing the cap to Yifan.

 

“Chanyeol thinks so too,” Jongin grumbles. Sehun rolls his eyes and inches closer to Jongin, wrapping an arm around his waist to placate him.

 

“Let it go, Jongin,” Yixing says wisely, sipping the cup of coffee Minseok had prepared for him.

 

“I can’t wait to bathe him,” Zitao squeals, Yifan choking on his water and almost cutting his lip with the cap.

 

“W-what?!” he nearly screams. “You’re gonna be bathing me?!”

 

Zitao shrugs. “Well duh. There’s no way you can reach the shampoo with your height.”

 

“Or lack of height,” Kyungsoo smirks. He’s enjoying this. He’s really enjoying this a lot.

 

Yifan scowls at Kyungsoo before turning back to Zitao. “Can’t you just give me the things I need and then leave me in peace?”

 

“What are you talking about?” Baekhyun jumps in. “If Zitao bathes you, then he gets to see your micro!”

 

“That’s exactly what I’m talking about!” Yifan growls, face coloring. He waves at then ferociously. “Out! Out! I want everyone who isn’t part of M out!”

 

“This would be so life-endangering if it weren’t so cute,” Sehun smirks, taking advantage of Yifan’s momentary lack of authority and threat because of his small size.

 

Minseok sighs and stands up abruptly, his chair scraping harshly against the floor. Baekhyun and Jongin instantly scramble from their seats, dashing towards the door. Chanyeol grabs the back of Kyungsoo’s and Sehun’s shirt collars, dragging them with him and ignoring Sehun’s yelp of let go of me or I won’t give you head tonight! Joonmyun shakes his head and, with a smile and one last parting wave, leaves the dorm.

 

Yifan breathes a sigh of relief. “Thanks,” he says gratefully to the eldest member.

 

“My pleasure,” Minseok replies, sinking back down and continuing to eat as if nothing happened.

 

“Umin da ge is the best!” Luhan squeals, throwing his arms around Minseok.

 

Yixing smiles at the sight of Minseok patting Luhan’s back with one hand and trying to spoon some congee into his mouth with his other hand. “So a lot has happened and it’s not even noon yet. Why don’t you kids take a bath?” he gestures at Yifan and Zitao.

 

“Really?” Zitao’s instantly suspicious. He’s the youngest and, according to the Korean lifestyle, always has the short end of the stick whenever it comes down to things like the order on taking baths, so he can’t help but be wary. “Why?”

 

“Just accept it with gratitude,” Jongdae says with a raised brow, the faint marks of Kyungsoo’s hands still apparent on his neck.

 

“Okay …” Zitao says slowly. “Thanks … I guess …”

 

“A little more gratitude than that,” Jongdae rolls his eyes.

 

Zitao rises from his seat and hasn’t even taken two steps when Luhan calls him back. “Where are you going?”

 

“Um … to the bathroom?”

 

“You’re going without Yifan?” Luhan’s brows raise dangerously close to his hairline. “The kid’s gonna drown without boyfriend supervision.”

 

“Who’re you calling kid?” Yifan growls.

 

“Okay, I’ll take him,” Zitao considerably brightens at this. He scoops up Yifan in his hands, ignoring the latter trying to bite his fingers off as he makes his way to the bathroom. “Stop biting me or I’ll drop you.”

 

It’s an empty threat, but Yifan stops anyway, clinging onto Zitao’s pointer finger. “I just wanna bathe alone.”

 

“Well, you can’t. Or you’ll die,” Zitao says simply. “Do you want to die?”

 

“Jesus Christ, I’m not going to die,” Yifan snaps.

 

“Well, you will in this size,” Zitao steps into the bathroom, flicking the switch on. He rests his hand on the counter, allowing Yifan to jump off. “Hmm …” Zitao taps his lower lip with his finger, “we’ll need to give you a bathtub. Um, we can use the container of one of your facial products.”

 

“No,” Yifan growls. “You are not touching my baby.”

 

“It’s almost finished anyway,” Zitao rolls his eyes. “Barely enough for even one cheek.”

 

“This is fantastic,” Yifan rolls his eyes, his arms crossed as he watches Zitao move around the bathroom.

 

 

 

 

 

The water in the container is perfectly warm, Yifan begrudgingly admits. Zitao had cleaned the container at least three times before deeming it “good enough”. Yifan’s clothes are folded into a tiny pile, pushed to a corner of the sink. Zitao just washes him happily, occasionally squeezing a teeny tiny drop of L’Oreal shampoo onto his forefinger and gently scrubbing Yifan’s hair with it.

 

“I can do it, Zitao,” Yifan waves his finger away. “Your giant man finger can’t get through the strands.”

 

Zitao pulls away and dips his finger into the basin filled with water to wash away the shampoo. “Okay. It’s nice taking care of you, duizhang.”

 

Yifan snorts, suds popping out of his hair. “Why do you only take care of me now when I’m the size of a Ken doll? Ingrate child.”

 

Zitao grins, his eyes turning into crescents. “No offense, but you’re smaller than a Ken doll. And you never let me take care of you. It’s part of your manly boyfriend and leader repertoire.”

 

Yifan snorts. “As if I would let a mangy child take care of my fragile body.”

 

Zitao frowns and flicks Yifan hard enough for him to lose his balance and sink fully under the water.

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh no. Hell no.”

 

“But duizhang!” Zitao whines. “You can’t reach it!”

 

“I can regardless of my size,” Yifan growls. He slaps Zitao’s finger inching towards him. “Go away, you ert!”

 

Zitao frowns. He just really wants to help Yifan wash up. Surely it’s hard for him to clean down there now that he’s smaller, right? And him being curious as to what a tiny looks and feels like is completely not the reason why he wants to help Yifan wash up. “Come on, duizhang, just a little help.”

 

“There is no way in hell I am letting your giant predator finger touch me,” Yifan glares. “Not when there’s a chance of you injuring me.”

 

“I’ll be gentle,” Zitao smiles reassuringly before his smile drops and his eyes glint dangerously. “Now let me see your tiny .”

 

“ OFFENDER,” Yifan screams. “STAY AWAY FROM ME.”

 

“OH, COME ON. LET ME SEE YOUR .”

 

“GO AWAY, YOU ERT. DON’T MAKE ME REPORT YOU.”

 

“I JUST WANNA SEE YOUR .”

 

“STAY AWAY STAY AWAY STAY AWAY –”

 

“YIFAN, JUST LET ZITAO SEE YOUR AND SHUT UP ALREADY.”

 

Needless to say, Zitao gets to see Yifan’s shrunken fun-sized .

 

 

 

 

 

After showering, drying up and Zitao making Yifan wear the same set of clothes (“ugh, same underwear … so ing gross.”; “just wear it and stop complaining, ge.”), he brings Yifan to the living room, where Luhan looks up from Monggu’s head.

 

“Oh, hey,” he grins. “Jongin’s sister brought the dogs over, but Monggu had suddenly fallen ill and K can’t take care of him.”

 

“Why can’t they?” Yifan asks with creased eyebrows.

 

“Um, let’s see …” Luhan tilts his head as he tries to recall the reasons Baekhyun had told him while dropping Monggu off. “Um, Kyungsoo’s cooking because he’s bored, Joonmyun’s already experiencing hell taking care of the other Jjanggoo and Jjangah, Baekhyun’s just watching him to continue making his life a living hell, and from what I and I assume everyone else in the apartment can hear, Chanyeol and Sehun are trying to go for three-way with Jongin.”

 

“Oh God,” Yifan says the same time Zitao asks, “trying?”

 

Luhan nods. “Jongin’s still angry with Chanyeol so Chanyeol’s trying to make him feel good, but Sehun just wants to get laid so he’s being totally uncooperative.”

 

“That sounds like Sehun, all right,” Yifan sighs, rolling his eyes.

 

“How sweet,” Zitao smiles.

 

Monggu yips tiredly, quickly gaining both Luhan’s and Zitao’s attention before Yifan can respond to Zitao’s statement. Zitao squeals at the dog, zapping a shock of pain into Yifan’s ears, and sets him down to play with Monggu.

 

“Okay, wow,” Yifan pouts, sitting down heavily and folding his arms in a huff.

 

“Don’t be jealous, ge,” Zitao says, the dog’s fluffy fur. “Why don’t you play with Monggu?”

 

“When he looks inches from eating me?” Yifan gestures to Monggu, the dog staring at him curiously. “Pass.”

 

“He’s just surprised at your sudden size change,” Luhan chuckles. “You were always a giant to him. Then again, you were always a giant to everyone.” Zitao clears his throat. “Except to your fellow giant members.”

 

Yifan stands up to go closer to Monggu, sitting back down and leaning against his fur. It’s extremely nice now that it feels like a really comfortable bed. Yifan almost sinks into the mass of fur, Zitao laughing down at him. “Monggu-yah,” Zitao coos, catching the dog’s attention. “Don’t eat Yifan ge, okay? He’s too lanky and doesn’t taste nice.”

 

“Hey,” Yifan frowns.

 

Luhan shoots Zitao a confused look and asks, “How would you know that?”

 

Zitao allows a creepy smirk, one so scarily similar to Chanyeol’s, to grace his face, and that’s all it takes for the two eldest Chinese members to understand.

 

“Oh my God, Zitao,” Yifan covers his face with his hand, face bright red.

 

“Oh God, Zitao!” Luhan’s face does the thing where he combines too many facial expressions to try and express his point, only to end up looking constipated. He looks disgusted and horrified, as though some supreme ruler banned soccer from the world.

 

Zitao only hums to himself, Monggu’s head.

 

 

 

 

 

The rest of the day passes by uneventfully, the only interesting thing happening is listening on Jongin screaming as Chanyeol pounded in him, Sehun’s voice unheard anywhere. Zitao, mortified, covers Monggu’s ears. Luhan suggests that Sehun was kidnapped by aliens and Chanyeol is hiding his comfort using Jongin’s body and that Jongin’s screams are actually cries of agony and misery at having his Sehunnie taken away from him. Kris counters more reasonably that maybe Chanyeol had gotten sick of Sehun not cooperating so he tied and gagged him up or something.

 

Minseok comes out of his room a few minutes later, looking well-rested and generally happier than earlier. Almost instantly, Luhan flies to him, sobbing into his hair and hands touching everywhere they can. “Umin da ge! Why did you lock the door? I was so lonely without youuuuuUUUUuuu~”

 

“Because you’d be bothering me in my sleep,” Minseok says simply, patting Luhan on the head. “I’m here now, don’t cry.” Luhan doesn’t listen and continues to sob, so Minseok turns his attention to the couple on the floor, smiling when he spots Monggu. “How was your day?”

 

“Eh,” Yifan shrugs.

 

“Monggu was sick so we took care of him while Chanyeol hyung, Jongin and Sehun had ! We heard them and everything!” Zitao says enthusiastically.

 

Minseok’s eyes bulge out, horrified at the fact that their sub-group’s youngest was corrupted in such a foul way. “Wh-what? I’m gonna –” He pushes Luhan away from him and storms out of the dorm, clearly intending to lash out on the K members.

 

“You’re evil,” Luhan says, sitting back down on the floor next to Zitao.

 

“That’s what they get for dunking my panda plushie in their toilet,” Zitao mutters, scratching under Monggu’s ears.

 

“Okay, they’re evil,” Luhan corrects himself, laughing to himself.

 

Yixing returns just then from taking a walk in the park, taking off his cap and mask. “Hey, guys,” he smiles, smile growing when he spots Monggu. Monggu sits up excitedly, tail wagging happily at the sight of Yixing. “Hi, Monggu. How was your day?”

 

Yifan shrugs. “Eh. Could have been better.”

 

“We told each other funny stories,” Zitao says, releasing Monggu and watching him bound to Yixing. “Luhan ge laughed so hard he fell over and hit his head.”

 

“They were funny,” Luhan grins, rubbing the spot that suddenly throbbed.

 

Yixing only smiles at them, allowing Monggu to his fingers. “When’s your dad gonna stop banging, huh? You need to go back home.”

 

“They’re still doing it?” Yifan asks, eyes especially wide. It’s been five hours. “They’re quiet! I thought they would’ve stopped by now!”

 

“I saw Baekhyun outside his dorm, along with Joonmyun hyung and Kyungsoo,” Yixing explains. “Minseok hyung, too. He said something about giving them a piece of his mind when they’re done with their screwing. Baekhyun said that they’re using gags, but that Chanyeol can’t control his hips, so that ground shakes a lot when he’s ing into –”

 

“I don’t want to know,” Yifan cuts in, slapping his hands over his ears. “Look, this has been a long day and I’m tired.”

 

“You barely did anything –”

 

“I said,” Yifan grits his teeth at Luhan, “that this has been a long day and that I’m tired. Why don’t we head on to bed?” he suggests, tugging on Zitao’s finger to gain his attention.

 

Jongdae enters the living room, a Chinese textbook in his hand. “Learning Chinese is so hard,” he whines, flopping on the couch. “I wanna give up.”

 

“Don’t you dare,” Luhan gasps. “We need our almighty Chenminator!”

 

“Don’t call me that, you ,” Jongdae glares. “Chinese is hard and I’m going to bite someone’s off if this continues –”

 

“We should go to bed,” Yifan repeats, glancing at the clock. It’s only about ten, but today’s events have tired him much more than it should. “Take me to bed, Zitao?”

 

Zitao smiles and gently scoops Yifan into his hands. “Goodnight, ge,” he says as he walks away, the other present band members waving to him. In the bedroom, Zitao rests Yifan on the dresser before he prepares the bed, fluffing the pillows and untucking the blankets. He turns on the lamp and turns off the main light, smiling at Yifan and gently taking him in his hand again.

 

“You wanna sleep or wear the same set of clothes?” Zitao asks, the extremely dirty shirt Yifan has been wearing for the entire day, as well as last night.

 

Yifan shrugs. “I’ll just sleep in my boxers. It feels less gross that way.”

 

Zitao sets Yifan on the bed and strips down to his wifebeater, searching through his closet for a pair of comfy loose sweatpants. Now in their proper sleeping attire, Zitao burrows into the bed, giggling at an amused Yifan. “I hope you don’t become big again, ge,” he whispers, gently Yifan’s face with a finger. “It was fun taking care of you.”

 

“It felt nice being taken care of you,” Yifan admits. “I wouldn’t mind being small for a while …”

 

Zitao chuckles, shuffling closer and carefully pressing a kiss to Yifan’s head. “Go to sleep, ge. You need the rest.” He presses another kiss to Yifan’s head, a chaste one this time. “I love you.”

 

“I love you too,” Yifan smiles, grin threatening to split his face. It looks ridiculous on such a small figure, but Zitao decides not to say anything, biting the inside of his cheek to prevent himself from laughing.

 

Yifan falls asleep pretty quickly. It’s not really a surprise, considering what he had to go through today. Zitao reaches over to turn off the lamp, plunging the room into darkness. It takes a while for his eyes to adjust to the darkness, but once they do, he studies Yifan in this small body. He’s really cute. It’s like having a doll. Zitao laughs through his nose, continuing to study him, eyes threatening to close until he, too, succumbs to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

Yifan groans when Zitao’s phone alarm goes off, burying his head into the pillow. He deeply inhales it once, twice, three times before he bolts up, staring at the pillow with wide eyes. It’s not as huge as he remembered it to be last night. He glances around then at his body, patting himself and realizing that, yes, he’s in his normal size now. Yifan’s so happy that he rolls over to Zitao’s side of the bed, poking the boy with incessant jabs until Zitao whines.

 

“Ge,” he groans. “Get off.”

 

“No.” Yifan’s still grinning like a madman. “Wake up.”

 

“Damn it, ge,” Zitao hisses, throwing the blankets off to glare at Yifan. “What do you –” His glare fades. “Oh.”

 

Yifan holds his arms out at his sides, as if presenting himself as a masterpiece. “I’m normal-sized again. What do you think?”

 

Zitao only laughs, shaking his head before crawling back to bed, snuggling into Yifan’s bare chest. “I think that I liked you when you were smaller. You were so cute.” Zitao kisses a patch of exposed skin and hugs him around the middle, looking up at Yifan with twinkling eyes. “But I still love you no matter what size you are.”

 

Yifan wraps his arms around Zitao’s slightly bulkier frame and leans in to kiss him when a  piercing shrill makes them freeze. With only a second’s hesitation, the two of them break apart and scramble out the door, curious as to what caused the scream. When they enter the living room, their counterpart members burst through the door as well, hair rumpled and clothes messy. It’s obvious they were awoken from the scream and wanted to see the cause of it.

 

Yixing and Jongdae are up as well, the latter rubbing his eyes as Yixing eyes the eldest members’ closed bedroom door curiously.

 

“That sounded like Luhan hyung,” Sehun says groggily, on the verge of falling asleep standing up.

 

Yixing pushes Yifan forward, the latter stumbling. “What are you doing?” he asks, turning looking behind him to stare judgingly at Yixing.

 

“Isn’t it obvious?” Yixing blinks. “I’m offering you as sacrifice. Out of all of us, you’re the oldest, so you lived the longest. Make way for the new generation.”

 

Yifan stares before shaking his head, deciding not to question anything further. Yixing’s logic always seems more incomprehensible in the morning. Bravely nearing Minseok’s and Luhan’s shared room, the other members gasp in suspense as he slowly encircles the doorknob with long fingers.

 

Taking a deep breath, he flings the door open, brows furrowing at the sight of Luhan just sitting on his bed. Not only is that weird, as Luhan wakes up when the sun begins to set, but because he’s holding something in his hands. Yifan takes a closer look and realizes that in his his hands is what seems to be Minseok in the same predicament as he was yesterday.

 

“M-Minseok hyung?” Kyungsoo whispers out, face pale and jaw hanging open. Yifan didn’t even realize when the rest of the members gathered around the doorframe.

 

“Oh –” Joonmyun breathes.

 

“– my –” Sehun stares.

 

“– bananas,” Jongdae gasps.

 

“In pajamas,” Baekhyun finishes.

 

“I ing loved that show,” Chanyeol whispers.

 

“Me too,” Jongdae agrees.

 

“One single word about this and I’ll kill you all,” Minseok threatens. They know it’s not an empty threat despite his shrunken size.

 

“But Umin da ge, you’re even cuter now!” Luhan squeals, squishing Minseok against his face.

 

“Luhan hyung’s right! He looks so cute!” Chanyeol’s voice booms, grin stretching across his face. Jongin looks inches away from committing cold-blooded murder.

 

Yifan sighs and shakes his head, Zitao looping his arm around his and laughing. This is going to be a long day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Tumblr | Twitter

 

Late birthday fic to myself! \o/
- I like writing birthday fics to myself.
- Usagis, your (totally longer than expected) birthday fic is coming hopefully soon right up sometime within the week, so keep waiting for that ^_^