Chanyeol

One Shots

The purple and orange strikes in the sky tonight.

Baekhyun, you are here with me, aren't you ?


This is Baekhyun's voice mail ! Please leave a message after this beep, kkaepsong~

I sighed..... 

A routine that I've done for the past 6 months.

Calling Baekhyun.


"Let's try your new song !"

5 days before the accident

"Yeollie....." He pouted. "It's embarassing..."

"Why ?" I nudged his elbow. "I think it's amazing, do you want to sing it or not ?" I reached for my phone and tapped Jongdae's number. "If you wanna, I could ask Chen and D.O to..."

"okay ! Okay !" He sighed. "I'll sing...." We both sat on the piano. "Jeez, you really want me to blush, right ?'

"Baekhyun." I muttered. "What if you didn't have the chance to sing me the song again, will you regret it ?"

"Chanyeol." Baekhyun's face frown. "Don't say that, are you leaving ?"

"No, it's a trick to make you sing !" I laughed hardly, and recieving punches from that skeleton boy, really, Baekhyun's fists is like a baby.

It doesn't cross my mind at all, on that day, was the last chance Baekhyun could sing his song to me.


24 hours before accident

"Hello ?"

"Yeol-ah, I'm sorry !" On the other side of the phone, I could hear him crying.

"Why are you crying Baek ? Come over to my room !"

"No !" He screamed. I could just hear the faint yell from downstairs. "I'm hideous, you know."

"Then, tell me. Why you had to call ? Can't you just tell me yourself ?"

"I've got a dream. That I let you die in my arms."

That froze me. "Baek...."

"You just being hit-hit by a-a bus. Lorry, I don't know, but it's bloody hell. I-I don't know how you got there, or how I got there, but really, I let you die, bloodied in my arms."

"It's just a dream." My voice feels weird. "It doesn't matter."

"Chanyeol-ah, I'm sorry." Oh Baekhyun.... Such a soft boy.

"Do you know I love you, Baek ?"

"Yeah...."

"Then, you've done nothing wrong except cheering me since the day we met." I smiled a bit when I remembered how me and Baekhyun met, "Remember, that cute Rilakuma we fought for ?"

"Yeah.. Hahhaha" He could hear Baekhyun's laughter. "Yeol, I love you too."

"Brothers forever, but if you leave, I won't forgive you." 

"Yeol !"


"Do Kyung Soo ! You're late !" My eyes beamed at the silly boy.

"It's not entirely my fault you know, the traffic was high !" His love-shape lips just made me laugh at the way he pouted.

"Well, Jongdae tried to distract that beagle boy and it won't last long, come Dyo, let's decorate the house !" 

Today, it's Baekhyun's birthday, and as he's best friend, it's feels like we're gonna celebrate it ! Chen and Lay distracted him, while me and Kyungsoo decorate the cakes and I will decorate the room.

He'll have a blast. I promise.

"Chanyeollie-" Baekhyun paused as he saw Kyungsoo. "What brings you here ?"

"I'm playing." He pointed at my video game set. "Have fun with Chen and Lay !"

"God, you've just got here and you're already throw me. Don't be naughty, Soo." He playfully punched Kyungsoo's belly and heading out where Chen and Lay were waiting.

He didn't realize Kyungsoo's wink at me. Hahahhaa. Have a blast, Baek. 

"Oh, yeah, Yeol...." Suddenly, Baekhyun's head popped out. "I love you, you know it right ?"

I grinned. "Just come home late, Baekhyun-ah. Then you'll know how much I love you."

Wait until you come home this evening. I say to myself. You'll be stunned.

Wait....

I feel aching in my chest.


"Chanyeol... You have to come to the hospital.... Baekhyun."

What ? Baek.....

"Chanyeol ? Hey, Chen's on the phone !" Kyungsoo grabbed old on my phone and turned to loudspeaker. "Yah Jongdae ? What's up ? Chanyeol became a stone..."

`"Kyungie. Don't yell or whatever... But Lay and Baekhyun is in the hospital...."

"Are you dead serious ????" Kyungsoo screamed. 

"I'm totally true. Lay's already ok, but Baekhyun...."

"Dyo-ah. Enough." I snatched the phone and took it in my fingers while my other hand pulled Kyungsoo straight to the car.

"Jongdae-ah, tell Baekhyun to wait for me. Just please tell him... that me and Dyo will get to him." I couldn't bear the aching chest that started violently the moment Chen called me.

Is like having half of your life ripped out.


"Yeollie......"

I woke up immediately. What I saw was, Baekhyun pulled his oxygen mask and his eyes trainned on me. Luhan, Kris, Tao, Chen and Xiumin stayed with Lay, while me, Kyungsoo, Jongin, Suho, Sehun stayed with Baekhyun.

They're all sleeping. 

"Baek.." I whispered. "Put your mask back..." I felt like a piece of me were dying and the first time I see the boy infront of me were attached with many wires, bandages all over the body, even wearing the mask that supports his breathing.

Seems like he's really is dying.

"You haven't tell me you love me back." He whispered.

"You know who am I, Baekhyun. You're my best friend. Don't leave me yet. We-we still have many things to do in our teens. Please...." I held his fingers.

"Chanyeol...." He breathed. "Thank you anyway...." It's only me and you now Baekhyun.... Don't leave yet... 

I choked. I froze. All of the sudden the machine beeped so loudly that it suprised everybody in the room. Baekhyun's chest rumbled across the bed and his grip hardened. I still didn't move when the doctors shoved me to the side. Still I held the slender fingers, that pinched my ears, the slender finger, that were there when I've cried, tightly.

His eyes stared at me, I could see the pain were agonizing for Baekhyun. 

My poor friend, I wish I could take half of your pain. The memories with him rushed into my mind, all those years of having fun and playing around, grew love for the one we called friends.

I never moved and never blink, and only then I came back to reality.

Only then I realized I was crying badly when the doctors finally gave up and went out to called the rest.

Only then I realized the pressure on my fingers were gone.

Only then I realized. Baekhyun won't be there for me anymore.


6 months later

Byun Baekhyun.

I never managed to say the name fully. When I got to Hyun, I cried.

Yes, a man never cries for nothing, and Baekhyun isn't nothing. He's my friend.

A friend that never got the chance to hear something like love from his friend.

And I blamed myself for that. Baekhyun never got my love, even until his last breath. It hurts me a lot, thinking about it.

His mother took all his things from our house, but leaving me with his treasured box, Baekhyun never lets anyone get near to it, saying that he woud like me to have it.

His cell, her mother took it, but she never shut it down. And I, never stop calling him.

"Chanyeol." Kyungsoo called me. I turned to watch him holding a key. "I found this, below Baek's bed."

I snatched it and get a hold of it. It's small, too small for our bedroom keys. It's big enough to open....

"Kyungie ! The treasure box !"

It never crossed my mind that Baekhyun would left me with keys, as he always say I'm clumsy. And I never felt this pumped out thingy since his death.

It's like waiting for him to come home at the eve of his birthday, 6 months ago.


"Aren't you gonna open yet ?" Kyungsoo's voice hit my ears. We're knealting in front of Baekhyun's chest box.

"Ummm... Can you do it ?"

Swiftly, his fingers grabbed the keys and slotted it in the locks. It's a match; of course it will, the only key for the box. I closed my eyes, anticipating for something shocking happened, like Baekhyun's soul burst into my face.

None...

"Yeol.." Kyungsoo's tapping made me suprised and opened my eyes. My eyes trained on the very first word I saw.

fearless

In there, hundreads of Poloroid of us 12 were kept inside. A bracelet, his ex-girlfriend gave it to him, were still there. A notebook, probably from his childhood days, was the colour of worn out chocolate, suggesting that it's been there for a long time.

On top of the Poloroid was a picture of me and him, fingers locked together, Namsan tower and 10 other friends were there as a backgroud.

Also, a bundle of letter, each written 11 names, Do Kyungsoo, Kim Jongin, Kim Jongdae, Kim Joomyeon, Oh Sehun, Wu Yi Fan, Zhang Yixing, Kim Minseok, Luhan, Huang Zitao

And Park Chanyeol.

Kyugsoo grabbed the rest of the letters, left me with mine and opened his. I watched as suddenly tears fell down from Kyungsoo's cheeks.

"Dyo ? What did he wrote ?"

"He-he, wouldn't let me gave-gave to anyone... If you wanna know, read yours."  He quickly left my room and leave me with Baekhyun's treasured box and the letter.

The letter....

"Byun-byun Baek... Hyun..." I croaked out his name, feeling my cheeks wet than ever.

I stared at the letter, neatly written "PARK CHANYEOL" across it.

And then, I opened it.


Park Chanyeol

Chanyeollie ! Firstly... Don't let anyone read this. Because this is for you, and only Park Chanyeol can read Park Chanyeol's letter. Hahahaha.

You know I love you, don't you ? This random letter, I wrote this when we were all at Namsan Tower, 12 of us, having fun, enjoying Potato Swirl, having a blast at the Tower.

Truthly, I felt so sorrow that day. How did I met with you, Chanyeol ?

You're so nice, and annoying, but overall, you're the nicest friend I ever had. My best friend, so to say.

And I always regret that you always ignore my love for you. 

But I do know, deep in your heart, you love me too, it's that Park Chanyeol is such an egoistic friend !

If I were to die (we all will) I want to die after I say Thank You and I Love You to you. It's such an honour to have a friend like you, Yeollie, that been with me since then.

Take care of my mother, of Kyungsoo, because he's another one special friend.

But he never replaced you, Yeollie. He never replaced Chanyeol.

And I love you because of that. I'm sorry.

Remember, Hope ?

Saranghae..... Byun Baekhyun.


Hope.

Byun Baekhyun. Hope.

I like to hope that I will see you again.

"Sa-rang..hae. Baekhyun-ah." My eyes feels stinging as I said those words.

I said that, only after 6 months of his death. How relieving it was.

How regretting it was.....


"We'll leave you for awhile. If you done, we'll wait..." whispered Chen as the others walks away.

"Baekhyun-ah.." I said loudly in front of his gravestone. "Saranghae. I miss you. And yeah, hope.... I hope one day I could meet you again. Or at least you entered my dream..." I smiled.

I raised my chin when I heard some birds flying across me. Its 7 p.m.

The purple and orange strikes in the sky tonight.

Baekhyun, you are here with me, aren't you ?

Someday, me and Kyungsoo will follow you, Jongdae, and everyone. 

And finally, we could be together. Right ?


That night, my hope became true.

Ring, ring, ring

"Hello ?"

"Chanyeol... It's me. Saranghae. Gomawo."


inspired by a fanfic by valiesva *if the user's name is correct* tittled Last January. I like the the writer wrote about Kai's phone call to Kyungsoo, when her sister who loves Kai, had to hear his confession of love to Kyungsoo.

ert, yes, but beautifully.

another thing, i admired BaekYeol pairing. i admired all EXO's friendship, until Overdose.

they're lovely as twelve.

~anish16