ii.

The Window Seat

Soojung kicks the pebbles along the way as she walks towards the bus stop for her ride back home, suddenly, Jongin appears out of nowhere and asks, "Tell me, how good can you cook?" She looks at him and shrugs her shoulders, replying, "Never tried them, how did you get home yesterday though?" as she raises a brow.

Jongin answers, "Why do you care?" keeping his hands in his pockets, stopping at the bus stand. She shakes her head and mutters, "Never mind, it doesn't matter." He ruffles her hair and replies, "I had something to do and went home late, okay? You still haven't answered my question though."

Soojung looks at him with furrowed brows, "What question?" He flashes a small smile, "Your birthday." She replies, "Why does it matter to you?" playing with the straps of her backpack, she continues, "It's not like you'll remember it anyway."

Jongin glares at her, "Can you stop being so negative at every word that escapes my lips? No wonder no one wants to be your friend." She crosses her arms and retorts, "If no one wants to be my friend, then what are you?" The latter chuckles softly, "I don't want to be your friend - I want to be Jongin."

She shakes her head and says, "You're not making any sense, do you know that?" Jongin answers, "Yet, you still talk to me - I appreciate that." Soojung replies, "You're a weirdo," looking at her phone screen. The bus is late than it's schedule and Soojung wants to get herself home already or at least away from Jongin.

Jongin says, "Come on, when is your birthday? Why does it take you so long to answer one simple question?" The lassie rolls her eyes, "It doesn't matter when is my birthday - I don't celebrate it and nobody remembers it, so just quit talking about birthdays!" The latter walks over to her and asks, "You have got to be kidding me - you don't celebrate your birthday?"

She shakes her head no and replies, "What's the use? It comes every year - if I don't celebrate it this year, there's always next year or the year after." He crouches down to face her and says, "Get up, you're not going home today." Soojung blinks, "Huh? What do you mean?"

Jongin flashes an impish smile and grabs her hand, "Come on - we're gonna celebrate 17 years worth of your birthdays," dragging the fairer to God knows where. Reluctantly, Soojung allows him - anywhere is better as long as it's not home, even if she has to endure Jongin and his shennanigans. She asks, "Where are we going?"

Jongin stops dragging her and asks, "What's the place that you dread to go but never got the chance to?" She thinks about it for a while and answers, "Namsan Tower?" Jongin's jaw drops, he replies, "Are you for real? That's like asking a five year old where she wants to go and we all know, it's Disneyland."

Soojung snorts, blinking her eyes as she replies, "Are you dissing me? Forget it then," walking away from the latter. Jongin looks at her and shakes his head, running after her. He asks, "Wow, you're really bipolar as they say you would be."

She shoots a glare, "Aish, just get yourself home already - I don't want your parents sueing me for kidnapping." He chuckles, "I'm not a kid though," and stops walking, looking through the glass window of the convenience store. He calls, "Soojung-ah."

The lassies stops her steps, replying with a soft hum as she looks at him, "What is it?" Jongin flashes a toothy grin, "Let's eat ramyun in a cup, I'm hungry." Soojung escapes a laughter and shakes her head, What a dork, she thought.


author's note:

hi my fellow sweethearts, sorry for my slow updates - feel free to read my recent blogpost to know why. also, i hope none of you had done anything dumb due to all the drama surfacing among sm idols esp. luhan's leaving. if you wanna talk about it, i'm all ears and feel free to voice out your opinion in the comment section and i'll do my best to reply. ♥