Secret Admirer (Jihope)

Bulletproof Oneshots!

cutiedogsapphire
Requested by HopefulMoonlight a Jihope oneshot with the prompt secret admirer


 

--------------------

You look nice today :)

Jimin stared at his locker and smiled, most people would think it weird to have a stalker, but honestly the younger boy appreciated it. He would almost look forward to these small little compliments on his locker and on good days he’d even try to hide out and try to catch whoever was leaving them behind. He figured it was some girl in his class doing it, but the handwriting as the time went by looked a bit more masculine (even for a small sticky note) and he narrowed it down to it being a male.

That was also something that should be creeping him out even moreso; not only was this person being a stalker but this person was definitely identified as male. However, Jimin never really cared much for the gender of his admirer because honestly just having one made him smile. He was always very self-conscious of his looks and even his personality so he always wanted to maintain a distance from people.

His best friend, Taehyung, always told him to not think these ways but it was a bit hard when last year Jimin had a crush on Jeon Jungkook (two years younger than him mind you!) and Jungkook ended up asking Taehyung out (who accepted only after Jimin finally gave the okay) and since then he hasn’t tried.

“You better hurry to class Park before you’re late.” Taehyung brought Jimin out of his thoughts and startled him slightly.

“Uh, yeah, okay thanks Tae.” Jimin chuckled awkwardly, opened his locker finally to grab his text books, and shut his locker just to see that same sticky note and smiled at it once more. He quickly grabbed it and walked with Taehyung the short distance to their first class to start the day. Jimin, at first, always glanced around the room to see if anyone looked suspicious like they were his stalker, but he soon found out that his admirer was just simply not in his class.

He could not even be in his grade!

“Oooh! Maybe an older boy likes me!” Jimin grinned at the thought and completely ignored the teacher as he told everyone to open their text books to the next chapter. Luckily Taehyung kept Jimin focused enough on the class period for Jimin to not get into any problem with the teacher.

“Seriously dude, you always space out in first period because of those sticky notes, this admirer of yours might just want you to fail your history class.” Taehyung spoke up the second the bell rung and signaled for them to head to their next class—in separate directions.

“I’m fine, I always space out because I’m tired.” Jimin defended, huffed up some air and waved goodbye to Taehyung as he was off to Math and Jimin was off to his very favorite elective; dance.

For someone only in the second year of high school he was one of the most advanced dancers on the team and always focused his hardest in this class. He really didn’t have any friends in the class, but he really wanted to befriend Jung Hoseok who happened to be the class clown. But this class clown was one of the most talented dancers in the whole team; even better than himself! Jimin admired the happy-go-lucky boy and just wished to get to know the male before the end of the school year when Hoseok graduates. that they weren’t in the same grade, but at least they had the same class for a whole year before this one!

And after that the day becomes boring up until lunch when he has to deal with Jungkook and Taehyung making cute faces at each other which now sickens Jimin to the point where he doesn’t even want to eat. So instead he stares at Hoseok from across the lunch room where he always eats with his two friends Namjoon and Yoongi.

“—And then Seokjin just slammed his text book on my fingers, hey Jimin are you even listening?” Taehyung stopped and looked at Jimin who was paying absolutely no attention to his best friend. “Earth to Jimin!”

“Huh?” Jimin glanced away from Hoseok and looked over at Taehyung, “You said something?”

“Yeah! I was telling you guys about my tutor who totally has the hots for me!” Taehyung pouted and put his hands on his hips. “Jungkookie was paying attention, why weren’t you?”

“Well shouldn’t ‘Jungkookie’ be jealous of said tutor?” Jimin asked glancing at the sad Jungkook who tried not to look too obvious to his boyfriend.

“He should know that I love him and wouldn’t leave him for some college student that my parents hired for me to understand math.” Taehyung smiled at Jungkook and laced their fingers together to show his support. “Besides he slammed his text book on my fingers for not paying attention! Some tutor he is!”

And at that Jimin went back to paying little attention to his friends and back to Hoseok. There was just something about that happy personality that drew Jimin in and that smile that Hoseok gives when he’s happy or excited about something was a smile that could melt even frozen hearts. He wasn’t sure when this crush started or why it was going on for so long, but he couldn’t help it now.

Sometimes on good days he wished that Hoseok was his secret admirer.

But he was sure his secret admirer was someone from afar who he probably didn’t even know—and probably will never actually meet.

--------------------

I like the way you move! (>^.^)><(^.^<)

Another day, another note. Jimin made it a routine to head to his locker as fast as humanly possible so that he could grab that note before someone else could snatch it up! He smiled at it, got his text books out for the day and headed to class, this time without Taehyung’s help.

And of course it was another day of Jimin daydreaming during history with Taehyung luckily being good at the subject and always offering to study his notes with Jimin when the tests came around.

Then his dance class brought him out of his daze and smash back to reality as he watched his crush dance around the room with such ease and grace that it shocked Jimin that this boy was such a clutz! There was like two versions of Hoseok, one when he was dancing and the other when he was not. The sad part was Jimin fell for both Hoseok’s and knew he was far too deep in this simple crush.

But he knew it wasn’t going to work for him and instead held on to his sticky notes with a large hope of finally meeting his stalker and getting to know said admirer. Obviously this guy had to like Jimin to go through so much just to put sticky notes on this locker for months now.

“You seem to be really out of it today, are you okay Jimin?” Taehyung asked once lunch rolled around but Jimin only nodded and continued to eat his food. He was far too much in thought about the dance routine coming up where Hoseok and himself had to showcase a duo dance for the festival. The instructor stated that Hoseok deserved the spot since he was the hardest working dancer in his grade, and Jimin got the second spot by being second best in the class for his grade.

But that meant they had to practice together and actually speak to each other, which they haven’t actually done besides small greetings in class.

“Are you sure?” Jungkook asked, waving a hand in front of Jimin.

Jimin nodded once more and smiled shyly, “I get to do a duo dance with Hoseok in the upcoming school festival and I’m a bit nervous.”

Taehyung grinned immediately at the name and nudged Jimin, “This is your chance dude, didn’t you have a crush on him since like late last year?”

“Yeah since the last school festival actually, but he’s a whole year older than me and very experienced as compared to me. I’m nervous that even if I get the chance to say my feelings that it won’t work since the school year is going to end not much longer after it.” Jimin explained and sighed. He really didn’t want the school year to end, even if the school festival was still two months away.

But he tried to keep that thought away as he started to practice his dancing routine for the festival. The class was soon split up into the groups for the festival and that meant an entire class period where Jimin got to dance with Hoseok and actually get to talk to his crush.

Jimin tried not to think too much about Hoseok and focused on the small sticky notes each day as ways to motivate himself to try his hardest in his dance class. Usually he would just get small notes like You look great! Or Keep up the good work! But then one day Jimin walked up to his locker and noticed a different note that caused him to completely forget about anything else.

I’m your hope! :3

He really didn’t know why this one single note affected him so greatly but suddenly his urge to find out who this admirer was increased tenfold.

“That is just crazy, are you sure you want to go through with that?” Taehyung asked as Jimin explained his ‘crazy’ plan to him.

“It doesn’t sound that hard to me.” Jungkook shrugged and Jimin smiled at him, maybe he wasn’t crazy.

“To come to school at four in the morning to see if he could find his secret admirer is a bit stalkerish, wouldn’t you think?” Taehyung turned his question over to Jungkook and he just shrugged once more.

“Not really, I mean this guy is already a stalker so it shouldn’t be a problem. You should go help him.” Jungkook offered and Jimin blushed at how nice Jungkook was being. Being an ex-crush that he was Jimin never really got over his attraction to Jungkook, but never let that on to Taehyung since he didn’t want to cause any problems in their relationship.

“I don’t want to help stalk Jimin’s stalker.” Taehyung whined and kicked Jungkook’s feet slightly from under the lunch table.

“Fine, then I’ll help him.” Jungkook stated and both Taehyung and Jimin gasped.

“Really?” Jimin asked already getting nervous from this idea.

“Yeah, sure.” Jungkook shrugged again and Taehyung pouted.

“I don’t want you to go, being up so early is bad for you, Jimin why can’t you just go alone and tell us about it?” Taehyung tried to reason with the two but Jungkook seemed determined to help.

Jimin had to weigh the options since he really didn’t want to go alone, but at the same time being alone with an ex-crush could be equally as bad. “Nah, its fine Kookie, I can do this myself. I’ll be fine.” Taehyung smiled at this answer and Jungkook pouted.

“You sure?”

“Yeah I can do this and I’ll tell you guys what I find out.”

Taehyung looked satisfied while Jungkook just crossed his arms and leaned back against his chair. What has Jimin gotten himself into this time?

--------------------

Waking up a three in the morning was by far the hardest challenge Jimin has ever faced in his life. Getting an F in his math class back in middle school has nothing on the challenges of trying to get ready while everyone else was asleep. It wasn’t like Jimin wanted to go tell his parents that he wanted to go to school at four in the morning to stalk his stalker—that would just sound way too weird.

By the time he actually reached the school it was really wishing he took Jungkook’s offer simply because he was about ready to sleep next to his locker and that would do nothing for him! He tried to keep himself awake by walking back and forth and slapping his cheeks when he felt like closing his eyes but eventually sleep overtook him.

He had wanted to sit down for a second to catch his breath and leaned against his locker in hopes of just resting his eyes—that went terribly wrong.

Next thing he knew he was being shaken awake by his best friend and there was a sticky note currently attached to his forehead. Taehyung was saying something about how he was idiotic for sleeping right next to his locker but honestly all Jimin could think about was the note on his head. So in favor of ignoring Taehyung he instead grabbed the sticky note and read it.

Thank you for trying to catch me but in due time I’ll reveal myself! ^o^

“I can’t believe you blew it, now he knows you want to catch him.” Taehyung muttered and lifted up the still sleepy Jimin from the ground and moved him safely to their classroom. Jimin was too busy just thinking about that note and suddenly feeling nervous.

His secret admirer wants to reveal himself? When? How? Will Jimin know who it is the second he sees this mysterious person, or will this person just to be some random person?

And suddenly Jimin couldn’t focus in his History class for a whole new reason, a reason that distracted him so much that he ended up slipping on the dance floor and falling right in front of Hoseok. Great.

“Are you okay?” Hoseok asked kneeling beside Jimin and checking to see if Jimin had hurt himself. Jimin blushed frantically and nodded his head in hopes of Hoseok backing away from him. “Are you sure, you look really tired.” He had a weird knowing look in his eyes but Jimin just shook it off and stood up.

“I’m fine, I just got a bit too dizzy and stressed, I’ll be okay.” He tried to smile and look at Hoseok but in the end he just stared at the ground and attempted to focus on the dance routine once more. He did better the second time around and Hoseok stopped looking as worried as before, but Jimin was still as cautious as ever and tried to not make a single mistake.

After dance class Hoseok walked up to Jimin once more and asked if he really was okay, Jimin confirmed it once more but Hoseok wouldn’t leave him alone. “Want to eat lunch together? We can talk some more about our dance routine and the upcoming festival.”

Jimin immediately got extremely nervous at just the idea of Hoseok being at his lunch table but he couldn’t just refuse such a nice offer as that! “S-Sounds great.” He stuttered slightly but got himself together and smiled. “You can come sit over with me, if you’d like.”

He mentally slapped himself for the second comment and wanted to retract the statement but Hoseok agreed and Jimin just accepted it. Even though he already knew Taehyung and Jungkook were going to subtly make fun of him for the rest of the lunch period—maybe even the year.

Annnd that was exactly how it went.

“So Jimin how about that secret admirer of yours.” Taehyung asked and Jimin literally just had the mental image of him strangling his best friend.

“Shut up Tae.” Jimin muttered and turned to Hoseok and laughed awkwardly, “Ignore him, he’s just trying to make you uncomfortable, but really that’s just his personality.”

Hoseok laughed sincerely at that and smiled, “Its fine, my friends like to make other people uncomfortable too. Namjoon never shuts up and the second Yoongi gets comfortable he is unbearable to others.”

That helped ease Jimin slightly and allowed him to smile and mentally love Hoseok even more than he did five seconds ago. Most people don’t like Taehyung and say that Jimin and Jungkook are weird for being friends (slash boyfriends) with him. Hoseok was literally just that nice to people and even that made Taehyung grow fond of him too (in a non-relationship way).

“Now shall we talk about our dance routine?” Hoseok asked cleverly switching the subject away from friends and secret admirers and back on the original topic.

“Oh yeah, so do you think we should just continue to practice only in class, or should we meet up on the weekends to get some more practice in?” Jimin asked secretly wishing to spend more time with Hoseok and disguising it with practice.

It seemed to work. “That sounds like a good idea, I’m free on Saturday nights though you’d have to come over to our hangout since I’m expected to be there.”

“Awesome, just give me directions and I should be good.” Jimin couldn’t help but smile at the idea of being able to see Hoseok even after school and that meant they would see each other 6 times a week and not 5.

Taehyung snickered at this and Jungkook nudged him as to not give away Jimin’s crush. Jimin didn’t even notice as Hoseok took Jimin’s phone and typed in not only his number but the directions to his ‘hangout’.

“Great! I’ll see you there.” Hoseok responded and handed the phone back and stood up. “Now I’ll be taking my leave, see you in class tomorrow.” He smiled and nodded at the group and left. Jimin sighed happily holding on to his phone and hugged it close to his chest.

“I can’t believe I get to see him more and even got his number.” Jimin spoke softly to no one in particular, though Taehyung just chuckled at his weird friend and went back to eating his lunch.

--------------------

Jimin really didn’t have the confidence everyone thought he had. One look at Jimin people would believe that he was radiating confidence, someone of his status should but in reality he was a scared puppy. Taehyung knew this and of course over time Jungkook as well but really no one else wanted to believe that fierce Jimin was actually puppy Jimin in disguise.

So once Jimin reached the location of Hoseok’s ‘hangout’ he suddenly wanted to turn heel and walk away, but if he did that then he’d never be able to get close to Hoseok. He gulped loudly and took a step closer to the front door and cringed at the loud hip-hop music playing from the inside. Now don’t get him wrong, he loved hip hop as both his favorite dancing music and all around favorite genre…but not when it was so loud one could hear it clearly from the outside.

“You can do it.” He whispered to himself and clenched his fist. It was now or never. He could either walk in and meet Hoseok’s friends and become a part of the group, or leave and never get this chance again.

Okay maybe he was exaggerating but he’d be too embarrassed to come back if he skipped out this time around.

He breathed in heavily and exhaled softly and finally took the final steps to the front door. He hesitated once more but before he could back out he opened the door and walked inside. The music blasted at him at double the volume and the smell of sweat was prominent as he walked completely inside and allowed the door to shut behind him. People were all around dancing to the music and rubbing up on anything or anyone close to them.

Some girls noticed him and winked his way and immediately he realized he dressed for dance practice and those girls probably were checking him out. This was the last time he’d walk into a place with shorts and a sleeveless shirt. Before he could chicken out he forced himself to walk more into this club and look around for any sights of Hoseok and right when he was going to give up he noticed the happy-go-lucky boy at a table in the far corner of the club.

It took a bit to weed through the crowd but finally Jimin found his way to the table that seated his crush plus his crush’s two best friends. One had dyed blond hair and a very masculine face while the other looked more laid back with short deep red hair.

“Oh hey Jimin!” Hoseok shouted the second he noticed the younger male and motioned for him to come over closer. Jimin smiled at this and regained a little bit of his confidence and made his way to the front of the table.

“Oh is this your friend?” The blond haired one spoke and Jimin was baffled at how deep his voice was.

“Yeah! Jimin this is Namjoon and the red head is Yoongi.” Hoseok introduced his friends and gestured at the two of them and then patted the seat for Jimin to sit down. Jimin awkwardly sat down and waved at the two boys unable to really speak. He had hoped for them to be in a place where they could practice, not socialize.

“Hey Jimin, we’ve heard a lot about you.” Yoongi smirked and rested against the seat as Hoseok freaked out, laughed and shook his head.

“Oh come on Suga I don’t talk about him a lot.” Hoseok awkwardly laughed and hit Yoongi from across the table.

“Yeah sure, I think we know more about him than you, J-Hope.” Namjoon joined Yoongi’s side and made Hoseok even more flustered than before.

“Shut up Rap Monster!” Hoseok shouted a bit too loudly and Jimin could see a blush on his cheeks.

Did Hoseok like him? Did his actual crush have a crush on him?!

Namjoon just sat back like Yoongi did and smirked at Hoseok. This just couldn’t be real! Hoseok actually liked Jimin back!

“Oh really now.” Jimin smirked suddenly getting a confidence boost and looking at Hoseok. Seeing Hoseok so flustered like this was something Jimin hoped to see more than just this once.

“Don’t listen to them! They’re just trying to embarrass me!” Hoseok exclaimed and made a cross with his arms. “They should not be trusted!”

But the blush on his cheeks told a different story.

“Oh, okay then you wouldn’t mind if we left these two and went somewhere a bit more private?” Jimin inched closer to Hoseok and even gaining the courage to place a hand on Hoseok’s thigh.

This caused Hoseok to completely freak out and squeak really loudly before he finally answered, “Yeah, uh there is a practice room that we use; we better go practice our dancing routine before it gets too late!” He made that awkward laugh again and rushed Jimin out of the booth they were seated in and pushed him towards the back of the club.  

Once alone the confidence that had spiked within Jimin suddenly shattered and now he was in an awkward situation between the two of them.

Hoseok coughed awkwardly and moved to the middle of the room and motioned for Jimin to follow. “We use this place to practice dancing and rapping so I thought it would be the perfect place. Since it’s so loud outside no one can even hear the music playing in here and it muffles out the sounds from the outside.” He explained and Jimin nodded along and looked around the empty room.

There was an entire wall just covered in mirrors and the other side had a whole recording set probably used when they wanted to make a song. After having Hoseok in his dance class for almost two years he would have never imagined Hoseok’s outside life to be like this.

“Do you want to make or do music once you’re out of high school?” Jimin found himself asking this question to even himself once in a while—it felt weird to finally ask someone the same question.

“Well yeah, don’t you?” Hoseok answered shyly and scratched the back of his head.

“Duh.” Jimin smiled and finally the awkward tension of the room lifted and left the two of them to finally start practicing like they had wanted to.

Once the practicing was done it left Jimin with this unbelievably large desire to get to know Hoseok and a goal to learn as much as he could able this mysterious rapping dancer.

--------------------

And getting to know Hoseok was exactly what Jimin did. He learned a lot about the dancer in the allotted time he had during practice every Saturday night and he just found himself falling deeper in love with him each session. He learned about Hoseok’s reasons for pursuing music and how he had a tough time at first getting the approval from Namjoon and Yoongi (better known as Rap Monster and Suga which are their stage names). Hoseok learned from Jimin as well and got to know about the actual puppy Jimin and not super confident Jimin that everyone thought he was.

But finally every good time has to end and before they knew it the music festival was upon them which meant also the end of the school year.

Jimin sighed for the nth time as he dressed up into his stage uniform and looked at himself in the mirror of the dressing room. “I don’t want this day to end.” He feared that after today Hoseok would stop talking to him and go back to how things were before. He also feared that he would never get to know his secret admirer since as of late the sticky notes stopped and he felt hopeless.

Taehyung and Jungkook cheered him on and told him to keep on a positive note and even promised to be up in the front row for the dancing part of the festival but even that didn’t help all too much.

“Are you ready?” Hoseok peeked into the room and looked at Jimin all dressed up for the stage. He smiled at Jimin and walked into the room. “Are you nervous?”

“Yeah just a little.” Jimin answered honestly and looked into the mirror at Hoseok’s reflection. He wanted to soak in this image so that he would remember it as he moved on to his last year of high school and be away from the ray of hope that Hoseok brought him.

Then suddenly the sticky note from a while back flashed in his head. I’m your hope! :3 He remembered back to the conversations Namjoon and Yoongi would have, when they would call Hoseok by his stage name J-Hope. They said they gave this nickname to Hoseok when they saw that he was a ray of hope in everyone’s life and was always happy. He would introduce himself as “I’m your hope! J-Hope!” and do a heart towards the crowd whenever they would perform something as a group (their group being called Bangtan).

He can’t be. Jimin shook the thought out of his head mentally and smiled at Hoseok. “I’m ready.”

The stage performance was everything Jimin had hoped for. They practiced so perfectly that once they were up they had no nervousness as they stared at the crowd. Jungkook and Taehyung waved at Jimin from their front row spot and it gave Jimin enough courage to just get right into the song and dance the best he has ever done.

It wasn’t too surprising to see that they had performed not only the hardest song but the best out of everyone else on the dance team and won an award that would be put up in the dance room. It filled Jimin with pride that he could stare at that award every day in the upcoming year and remember this day.

Once the festival ended Jimin walked out of the dance room after changing back into his casual clothes and noticed Hoseok waiting outside in the hallway.

“Hey.” Hoseok spoke softly, a distant look in his eyes.

“Hey.” Jimin replied and smiled sadly at the idea of how close school was to ending.

Then Hoseok said, “I need to confess something to you.”

Jimin stayed quiet as he waited for Hoseok to continue, silently telling him that he would listen.

“I’m your hope.” He whispered suddenly feeling really shy.

“Huh?” Jimin questioned only thinking about Hoseok’s stage name as J-Hope, but what did that do with Jimin.

Hoseok then pulled something out of his pocket and placed it in Jimin’s hands. It was a sticky note, a bit crumpled but still readable. It had ‘I’m your hope’ written on it in the exact handwriting that Jimin had gotten so used to. His secret admirer.

“You’re…” Jimin couldn’t even finish his sentence.

Hoseok nodded shyly and shuffled his feet. “I told you I’d reveal it.”

“I can’t believe you’re him!” Jimin shouted, happy that no one was in the hallway at the moment. “You’re my secret admirer!”

Hoseok nodded once more and put his head down. It looked like he was ready for some sort of rejection.

“I love you!” Jimin exclaimed and closed the distance between them in a tight hug. “I’ve loved you for so long, you as Hoseok, you as J-Hope and even you as my crazy cute stalker!”

“Really?!” Hoseok asked suddenly feeling overexcited. Jimin nodded and looked up at Hoseok with a genuine smile on his lips. “I love you too.” Hoseok admitted and moved his head slightly to allow his lips to press them slightly on Jimin’s. He was asking silently for Jimin to respond so that he would know if he did the right thing or not. Jimin responded immediately by moving his lips against Hoseok’s and holding him even tighter than before.

And suddenly the upcoming year was going to be much harder for Jimin than he had anticipated.