Aspiring Artists (Yoonmin)

Bulletproof Oneshots!

cutiedogsapphire
Requested by my friend Kat this was a Yoonmin oneshot with the prompt aspiring artist and producer Suga

--------------------

“How do you think I’ll do?”

“Terrible.”

“Great.” Jimin sighed in a sarcastic tone. “Thanks for the support Taehyung.”

Taehyung merely smiled and patted Jimin on the back. “You’ll do fine.”

Strangely, Jimin felt even more nervous with Taehyung cheering him on than when Taehyung was annoying him.

He took in a huge breath and smiled widely. He had to think positive about this. This has been something that he has been working towards since he was 15 and barely starting high school. He wanted to proudly walk into this company and showcase everything he’s got to them to prove that he was ready to take this step forward.

His best friend was here to show some support but mainly he had to take this on by himself and that was what made him the most nervous. Taehyung has always been there to listen to Jimin practice, even if for hours, and now knowing that his friend couldn’t join him turned him into a nervous wreck.

Taehyung breathed out a ‘fighting’ as Jimin walked through the main doors and soon Jimin was all on his own.

The day had finally come and here he was wishing to turn back and forget this had all happened. He worked hard to get here and yet he wanted to give up and take up a job more suitable for a boy just out of school. Go to college, get a career and live a completely normal life.

However, that wasn’t what Jimin wanted to do.

He wanted to sing. He wanted to dance and he wanted to show the world that he could be a professional and do the things he loved to do. He wanted to go up on stage and sing to his heart’s content and woo the crowd.

And with that he finally gained the courage to walk up to the main desk and state his purpose to the woman working at the computer. She looked absolutely uninterested in everything about Jimin but still directed him in how to get to the performance room.

“Floor 5, room number 505. I got this.” He muttered to himself and stepped towards the elevator in what looked like the slowest walk known to mankind. He had some time to spare since he wanted to be early, and by early it meant two hours prior to his actual time.

Being early never hurt anyone, right?

Exactly! Jimin nodded to himself and fist pumped the air awkwardly as the elevator door opened and he walked through looking determined once more. The doors were about to close completely when suddenly he heard a “Hold the door!” and frantically tried to keep the door open for a younger boy to come running through the doors picking up an already decent sweat.

“Thanks man! I didn’t think I was going to make it.” He smiled and pressed the 5 on the elevator and waited for the door to finally close. Jimin shrugged it off saying it was because he was a nice guy and that he was heading to floor 5 as well.

“Going to an audition today?” He asked casually as if he hadn’t just ran the entire way to the elevator door.

Jimin nodded, “Are you?”

He nodded as well and smiled brightly. “I’m going to finally get in! I can feel it!” He looked pretty young to be wanting to be a singer or dancer, but maybe he just looked young for his age.

“What’s your name?” Jimin asked, basing this solely on if this kid got in then he’d have a friend at least in the company.

“Jeon Jungkook, and you are?” He answered and returned the same question.

“Park Jimin, I just got out of high school not that long ago.” Jimin answered feeling the need to state how old he was as well.

Jungkook looked flustered at this and bowed slightly, “I’m barely in high school this year.”

Jimin stopped in his tracks and stared at Jungkook. “You mean to tell me this kid is only 16?!” “Then I’m your hyung, right?”

Jungkook nodded and suddenly Jimin felt awkward to be in the elevator with this high schooler. If this kid wanted to be a singer at the age of 16 and was already up for the task then it made Jimin look just average in his presence.

He cursed to himself inwardly for even stating his age and wished for this elevator ride to be over. Luck was on his side this time and the doors opened finally and the two finally walked out already feeling more awkward than when they entered.

Jimin walked slower on purpose and watched Jungkook run ahead of him and towards the same room he was supposed to enter.

Maybe showing up early wasn’t such a great idea. Now he knew what his competition looked like and it wasn’t looking good.

He arrived at the door shortly after Jungkook rushed in and opened it awkwardly to an almost empty room with only three other people besides Jungkook. Two of the three looked intimidating and hard to read while the third looked a bit lazy and was slouching in his chair as if he had no worries at all.

“Oh so another one showed up?” One of the scary looking guys commented looking at Jimin and he immediately froze up. Maybe he wasn’t supposed to be here and it was a bad idea to even enter the room.

“Yeah that’s Jimin, he is also here to audition.” Jungkook piped up and smiled at his ‘hyung’ even though all Jimin wanted to do was frown back.

“Ah, okay, go sit in the corner and wait your turn.” The other scary one said and Jimin nodded instantly and found a comfortable spot away from the judges and Jungkook.

Looking at the time Jimin knew he showed up way too early and looked like an idiot in front of these judges. It felt like they were already judging his actions and he hadn’t even had the chance to go yet.

“Shall we get started?”

Jungkook nodded his head excitedly and waited for the instructions.

“We will be your judges today. My name is Kim Namjoon.” One of the scary ones introduced himself, he had white hair that was covered almost completely in a beanie.

“And I’m Jung Hoseok.” The less of the scary ones stated and finally smiled showing that he wasn’t completely heartless.

Then silence. The third one didn’t speak at all and Jimin was worried that the man had passed out.

“The third judge over there is Min Yoongi, don’t be fooled by his appearance, he is just as ready as the both of us.” Namjoon pointed at the lazy looking one and chuckled slightly. At least with Jimin showing up early it cut back on the introductions of the judges.

Jungkook bowed politely and smiled at the introductions. “My name is Jeon Jungkook. I will be performing a short rap sequence, a dance and one song. My age is 16 and I have been training since I was 14.”

Namjoon looked interested in the speech, Hoseok looked pleased but Yoongi looked like he wanted to be anywhere but here. Jimin frowned at the lazy man and wished that there were only two judges instead of three.

This had no effect on Jungkook and he just went straight into his audition without a single problem at all. For a 16 year old Jimin really didn’t know what to expect, but what he heard was definitely not it. Jungkook was perfect. He rapped first quickly and without a single bit of hesitation. Then came the dancing section which he also mastered completely earning the impressed looks from the two judges that actually paid attention to the audition.

Jimin’s confidence that was once there and going strong started to grow smaller and smaller as the younger boy danced to his heart’s content and even went straight into his song afterwards without a break. This boy could not be real, this could not be happening to Jimin after working so hard to get in, just to get beat by a small 16 year old boy.

Once the audition stopped everyone clapped for Jungkook and Jungkook bowed in response. “Thank you.” He smiled and walked towards Jimin.

“Do you think I did well?” He asked Jimin in hopes of getting a good feedback from his could be future companion.

“You did beyond well.” Jimin voiced out nervously and smiled awkwardly.

“We will call you within the next few days on how we liked or disliked your audition. You are allowed to leave now.” Yoongi spoke up finally and yawned loudly.

Jungkook ignored the yawn and nodded to them and exited the room with that same dorky smile. Jimin could only hope he could impress the judges like Jungkook had just done.

“And you are?”

Jimin froze at the question and turned to Namjoon who had spoken up. “I-I’m Park Jimin, I came a bit early but I’m also here to audition.”

Namjoon first looked at Jimin up and down and towards the door and shrugged at Hoseok. Hoseok shrugged back but nodded to Namjoon silently agreeing to something that Jimin was completely unaware of.

“Care to do your audition now while we have time?” Namjoon voiced out his agreement and Jimin stiffened up. He had hoped to show a good impression to the judges, not go earlier than planned.

But of course Jimin had to agree and pull himself together and show these judges just who Park Jimin really was.

He had planned a dance and a song for his audition, not a cool rap sequence like Jungkook had done but at least he had something to perform.

“Of course I can!” Jimin smiled and brought himself up to his feet and walked up to the front of the judges. Yoongi turned his head to look at Jimin and suddenly for some reason that gave Jimin enough courage to bow at the three of them and introduce himself.

Yoongi didn’t even care for Jungkook’s performance and yet he turned to look at Jimin? There had to be some good in that somewhere!

So he performed to the best of his ability. He danced his favorite song from Taeyang and sang his own song that he had composed back in high school along with Taehyung. He hoped it was good enough for the judges, but of course he wasn’t going to get any feedback on anything. All he got at the end was Namjoon telling him the same thing that was told to Jungkook.

And just like that he was leaving the company building and heading back out to the real world. He was greeted by Taehyung and surprisingly Jungkook as well at the entrance of the building and the three ended up going out to eat afterwards.

“I met him waiting outside for you and we just ended up talking!” Jungkook smiled and pointed at Taehyung. “He is a great person, no wonder he is your best friend!”

Jimin laughed awkwardly at the situation but nodded and tried to smile, “Yeah we’ve been friends for years now, right Taehyung?”

Taehyung nodded and grinned, “Yeah I have tons of stories about this derp! Do you want to know about the time that he fanboyed over Taeyang? Or maybe the story about when he first wanted to become a singer!”

Jimin blushed at the mentions of his past and immediately went over to Taehyung and shut his mouth, “Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here.”

And thus concluded one of the most nerve wracking days of Park Jimin’s life.

The next was the day he got the call from Kim Namjoon himself telling him to come back to their company for the final feedback on his performance.

Taehyung cheered him on yet again and this time he went along with Jungkook who had also gotten a call back and was giddy to know he wasn’t alone in this. Jimin just didn’t want to hear that Jungkook was better and that he’d have better luck trying again next year.

But of course things turned out bright for the two aspiring singers and both were accepted as trainees. Jimin moved to the dorms and ended up sharing a room with Jungkook who opted to stay in the dorms instead of at his own house. Their schedules were massively different from each other as Jungkook still had high school and Jimin wasn’t in school anymore.

That pretty much meant that Jimin had more time to practice and prove himself as the better trainee than Jungkook.

…and gave him more free time to hang with Taehyung.

It also gave him a chance to make a new friend who was also a trainee in his vocal class. His name was Kim Seokjin and he was three years older in age who had wanted to be an actor but dropped out in hopes of becoming a singer instead. It made Jimin a bit happier to know someone older than him and not younger than him like Jungkook.

And finally it gave Jimin a chance to really bond with one of the producers who happened to be the laziest one at his audition.

Yes, Park Jimin ended up close to Min Yoongi for some odd reason. Jimin wanted to take a composing class in hopes of gaining knowledge in the field of making his own songs and ended up being the only trainee in the course with the only teacher being Min Yoongi.

At first it felt weird and Jimin absolutely hated the older male, but after sitting through a class or two on composing Jimin’s attitude completely changed.

Yoongi was a usual lazy and do-nothing kind of guy and that in turn made Jimin find him not worthy of being a teacher, but when talking about composing there was something different about Yoongi. He would smile and talk more when he talked about music. He confessed to saying that being a ‘judge’ to new auditions was boring to him but he had a slight interest in Jimin from the start.

That sparked a returned interest in Yoongi from Jimin and soon they became a lot closer than one would have thought.

“Hyung!” Jimin shouted once he noticed Yoongi walking from across the room. Yoongi smiled goofily at the younger as Jimin ran from across the room all of the way up to the older. “Are you about to have lunch?”

“Yeah, why?” Yoongi asked, already knowing where this conversation was going to lead.

“I, well…” Jimin trailed off, losing his confidence immediately and becoming shy in front of his hyung.

“You want to eat lunch with me?” Yoongi asked finishing the too embarrassing question that was on the tip of Jimin’s tongue.

“No! That wasn’t it!” Jimin defended but ended up smiling and nodding his head anyways.

Jimin always tried to act cool in front of Yoongi but always ended up getting embarrassed and shy around him. This was the first time a person had ever made Jimin feel this way and he was starting to believe he might have a crush on the hyung who happened to be three years older than him.

Also the hyung who was his composition teacher and who happened to be a producer in this company. Jimin knew nothing was ever going to happen between the two of them, but he still silently wished for Yoongi to have the same feelings as him.

“So where do you want to eat?” Yoongi asked bringing Jimin away from his thoughts and back on topic.

“Anywhere is fine by me Hyung.” Jimin smiled just at the feeling of calling his crush hyung.

“Great let’s go somewhere nearby because I’m too lazy to walk any farther.” Yoongi smiled back and took the lead and started walking towards the front of the company building. Jimin followed silently admiring Yoongi as he walked behind him. The qualities that Jimin at first had detested about Yoongi just ended up adding more to his admiration for the older and he already knew he was too far gone to go back now.

Why would the producer of the company want anything to do with his dongsaeng? Min Yoongi was a prodigy of the company, someone who gained status fast in his life and worked his way to the top at a young age. Most people would look down at a 21 year old producer but it was the exact opposite for him. People looked up to him and admired him in more ways than Jimin could ever imagine. Yoongi probably got any kind of girl he wanted and wouldn’t even have to try to do so—that is if he wasn’t so lazy about everything. Every time a relationship is brought up among the two Yoongi would just wave it off as being too burdensome or too tiresome for him to do. Did that mean that Yoongi had no interest in girls or in relationships in general?

Either way it didn’t help Jimin’s case that he was a boy who was indeed younger than him.

And this kind of friendship went on for a while between the two, up until Jimin finally stopped needing to go to a composing class and suddenly his life became a lot more boring.

He would still try to catch lunch with Yoongi when he had the chance but every time he tried it looked like Yoongi was too busy to even leave his office. Which was when Jimin took their friendship a bit further and brought lunch to Yoongi every day so that the composer didn’t even have to leave his office.

They grew closer through these private meetings and Jimin smiled at the chance of being alone with Yoongi in a more personal setting than in a classroom or practice room.

And Yoongi was forever grateful for Jimin who always brought food and made sure that Yoongi was actually eating and not skipping out on meals because of his laziness.

“You know you can leave right? It’s already late and you have practice early tomorrow.” Yoongi muttered after taking another bite of the dinner that Jimin had once again brought.

Jimin just assumed now that Yoongi just lived in his office and never went home.

“You deserve the company, hyung.” Jimin smiled, “Besides word has it that you don’t even sleep at your house anymore.”

Yoongi laughed at this and just shook his head, “I just haven’t been feeling like returning home.”

“What, too far away for you?” Jimin joked and avoided getting hit from a pencil that Yoongi had thrown in an effort to shut Jimin up.

“It’s just—“ Yoongi stopped and sighed. “Lonely.”

Lonely? “Being by yourself?” Jimin asked suddenly a lot more serious than he was a moment ago.

Yoongi nodded and placed his head on the desk next to his food. “I’ve just been feeling down these past few weeks.”

“Do you need some company?” Jimin asked feeling a spike of confidence suddenly but it vanished completely when Yoongi rose his head and looked directly at Jimin. Jimin flushed a bright red and started shaking his head, “Like you know to play games or something!”

Yoongi smirked at this but nodded, “Would you like to come over to spend the night?”

And suddenly Jimin was a big nervous wreck once again.

But that didn’t stop him from agreeing to Yoongi’s statement and following the older male all of the way home. Which was not that far of a walk at all—of course.

Once inside the small one room apartment Jimin felt like he was ready to explode from embarrassment and he had no clue how to even hold conversation in such a personal setting with only him and Yoongi.

“So what game shall we play?” Yoongi asked innocently and turned to look at the completely nervous Jimin.

“You can choose!” Jimin didn’t mean to shout but he was caught off guard by the seemingly innocent question.

“Hmm.” Yoongi hummed and walked towards Jimin with a huge smirk on his lips.

Jimin felt a shiver go down his spine from just the look Yoongi was giving him and suddenly it felt like the entire apartment was a lot hotter than it was a minute ago.

“Let’s play too hot.” Yoongi suggested and walked even closer to Jimin and Jimin ended up walking backwards and falling towards the couch.

“T-Too hot?!” Jimin didn’t shout this time but he was just as surprised. Too hot was a game one played with their girlfriend or boyfriend, a game played where the two have to kiss until one of them grabs for the other.

Yoongi just nodded and leaned forward until he was directly in front of Jimin and slowly placed his lips on Jimin’s.

Being a fresh out of high schooler like Jimin he never really had the chance to actually get in a relationship. He figured out that he liked boys by middle school and hid the fact from all but Taehyung who had also said he felt the same way. They made a mutual friendship out of it and got through high school with absolutely no experience in relationships.

And now here he was being kissed by his crush—the producer who was three years older than him and the person who was far too lazy to even pursue a relationship.

Jimin finally snapped out of his thoughts and started kissing back and trying his damned hardest to not touch his hyung but ended up grabbing for his shoulders when Yoongi leaned back and caused Jimin to grow off balanced.

“Well that was fun,” Yoongi muttered against Jimin’s lips and kissed him once more before backing away. “Now I get a prize, right?”

“Well what do you want?” Jimin asked once he regained his voice, but he only managed to whisper it out.

“You.”

Jimin was a bit taken back by this request but suddenly his confidence spiked up once more and he grabbed Yoongi’s shirt and pulled him closer to him once more. “Everything you see is yours.” He whispered in Yoongi’s ear and moved to kiss Yoongi once more on the lips.

And that was the story of how the aspiring singer Park Jimin landed with the producing prodigy Min Yoongi in the best illegal relationship one could ever want.