Breakfast

Make It To Me

You wake up to Ellie walking around the room. 

 
"Ellie can you please let me sleep?" You say and cover your head with the blanket. 
 
"You have to wake up anyways! Jay said to meet him at 9!! And he said his friend is gonna tag along so your not alone." You pull off the covers and sit up. 
 
"Ellie you do know I'm engaged, right?" She just stands there glaring at you. 
 
"You think I would forget when you bring it up all the time." You take a pillow close by you and chuck it at her. She laughs and runs away. 
 
"I do not!" 
 
"Come on get up! It's not like we're doing a double date!! We're just eating breakfast together!" She whined falling on top of the bed. "But can you just......." She says looking at your hand. Your eyes widen. 
 
"Ellie! No!!" 
 
"Come on please! Just this once!! It would be awkward if you have it on." She gets up putting her hands together and pouting. "Please! Remember all the favors I've done for you?" You roll your eyes. 
 
"Ellie!" You say falling back down on the bed. "I've done favors for you too! But this is too extreme." 
 
"It's not like I'm telling you to sleep with the guy! Just come without the ring! No one will know! PLEASE!!" You sigh loudly so she knows that it's killing you. 
 
"Fine!" You say. 
 
--------------------------
 
You reach the cafe with Ellie. Your fingers trace over where your ring always is and you felt without it. You look down at your hand and pout. 
 
"So we're here..." Ellie turns around and sees you pouting. She glares at you and places her hand over it. "Really? For just one hour your going to get sad?" You glare at her. 
 
"Let's go he's waiting for us." You say walking past her and into the cafe. You look around and see Jay talking to someone sitting across the table from him. You only saw the back of the other persons head. You take a deep breath and let Ellie walk in front of you. As you reach the table Jay looks up and smiles really big. 
 
"Hey Ellie!" He says pulling her in for a hug. He then looks at you and says hi and hugs you too. "This is my friend, Daehyun." He says pointing to the young gentleman that was sitting across from him. As you look at him you quickly look away. 
 
"Hi it's nice to meet you." He says shaking Ellie's hand and then he reaches his hand towards you. You take it and shake his hand. He tilts his head to the side and looks at you with furrowed eyebrows. "I believe we've met before?" He says and you smile. 
 
"In the hallway. Thank you again." You say and he nods his head. 
 
"No problem." He says smiling and your heart stopped a little at his beautiful smile. Ellie walks over and sits next to Jay while Daehyun waits for you to go in the booth next to him. As you sat down he comes and sits down next to you. 
 
Ellie and Jay talked to each other while you and Daehyun stayed quiet. You tried to look through your menu to seem like you weren't avoiding him meanwhile you were. 
 
This was all so wrong because your heart was beating so fast. And not because you knew this was bad but because he was so handsome. 
 
"Do you know what your getting?" Daehyun asks you breaking you away from your thoughts. You look up at him and shake your head no. 
 
"Everything looks so good." You say laughing and he laughs along with you. 
 
"Well your in luck because this is my favorite cafe." He says picking up his menu and putting it between you two. "What types of food do you like?" He says looking at you. 
 
"I'm not picky, I like anything. What do you recommend?" You say smiling and looking down at the menu. 
 
"Well I usually get this..." He says pointing and explaining the tastes for his favorites. You sat and listened to him explain his favorite foods and nodded. "So which one do you think you want?" 
 
"I think I'll get this one." You say pointing to his ultimate favorite dish. You look up and he's already looking at you smiling. You felt your cheeks grow hot and you quickly look down. "That one looks really good." You say and gulp really loudly. 
 
"Good choice." He says. Just as he was going to continue the waiter came to take your order. Ellie and Jay decided to share a plate since Ellie probably couldn't finish it. You were starving so you were glad Daehyun didn't offer to share a plate with you. 
 
The waiter left and you guys sat there kind of awkwardly. It's been years since you've been on a date so you were a little rusty on this whole thing. Even though it was a fake date and it would never happen again you felt bad not being able to think of anything to talk about with Daehyun. 
Ellie and Jay were in their own world and didn't seem to notice you two sitting there quietly. 
 
"Do you live here?" You randomly blurt out and he looks over at you. 
 
"I live in Busan but I come to Seoul a lot." You nod and look outside. 
 
"Where are you from?" He asks and you look at him. 
 
"I'm from California." He raises his eyebrows and smiles. 
 
"I've always wanted to go. What do you recommend to go and visit?" You look up and pursed your lips together. 
 
"Um I've lived there my whole life but haven't been to everything but ......" You started talking about your favorite places. He listened to you while watching you intently. You kept avoiding eye contact because you knew your face would grow hot. 
 
He gave his little comments in each place you talked about and then your food came. 
 
"Let me know how you like it." He says smiling at you. Your heart fluttered a little. 'Stop this.' You said in your head. You nod to him and take a bite out of your food. He was right this was the most delicious thing you've ever had. 
 
"This is really good!" You say taking another bite. He laughed and you looked up at him. 
 
"I'm glad you like it. Do you want to try some of this?" He said pointing his fork towards his plate. You nod and he cuts a piece of it off for you. He was going to pick it up and put it in your mouth but stopped himself. He put his hand down and puts it on your plate. 
 
You take it and put it in your mouth. It was just as delicious as the food you ordered. 
 
"Wow I really need to take you with me when I go to places to eat." You say laughing. He laughs along with you and takes a bite from his food. "You can take some of mine." You say moving over your plate in between you two. 
 
"Thank you." He says and cuts a piece of it. "Do you just want to share our foods?" He asks and you nod. He smiles and puts his plate in between you two. 
 
----------------------
You and Ellie were now waiting outside as Jay and Daehyun paid for your foods. You guys got closer while you shared your food which only made you feel worse about lying. 
 
"Hes so nice!" Ellie said and smiled really big. "We have so much in common." You laugh and shake your head.
 
"So he's not a killer?" You say raising an eyebrow and she looks over at you. 
 
"No. But I really like him. I wonder if they're going to want to keep hanging out." She says looking over at them. 
 
"Ellie." You say and she looks over at you. 
 
"Please! I really like him." You shake your head and look away. 
 
"Ellie I don't want to lead Daehyun on. He's so nice and my heart keeps fluttering because of his smile. I'm engaged to someone else and all of this is wrong." She looks down and pouts. 
 
"Fine." You look at her and feel bad but this was enough you had to stop yourself. Just as you were going to say something they stepped outside. 
 
"So if you guys don't have plans we were wondering if you wanted us to show you around?" Jay says putting his hands together smiling. You look at Ellie and she looks at you with a serious expression meaning you should answer him. You try not to roll your eyes and look at Jay and smile. 
 
"I'm sorry I have something to do for work that I've been putting off. It's due tomorrow and I haven't started it." You said lying. You always did your work and finished all projects before you left. You look at Jay and Daehyun. Daehyuns face kinda fell a little at your response. 
 
"Oh." Jay says looking at Daehyun. "How about you, Ellie?" 
 
"I'm free." She says and you look at her surprised. She was always about stranger danger and she just said yes to hanging out with them alone. Which only meant she was pissed right now. 
 
"I also got work so I guess I'll get going." Daehyun says and reaches out his hand to shake yours. "It was nice meeting you. I hope we can hang out again." He said smiling and you smiled back. 
 
"Yes it was nice meeting you." You purposely didn't say you hoped you can meet again because you didn't want to lead him on into false hope. You can tell he forced a smile and nodded. He said bye to Ellie and Jay and left. As he left you did the same. 
 
You walked to the hotel alone. You were deep in your thoughts that you didn't notice Daehyun walking a couple people in front of you. 'Of course you guys were at the same hotel and same floor.' You thought to yourself. 
 
You tried to walk slower but there was no use when you both reached the elevator. You looked around to see if there were stairs you could take. Maybe you can sit somewhere and wait until he leaves. Just when you were going to leave he turns around and sees you. 
 
"Are you following me?" He says laughing. You shake your head no and put out your hands. 
 
"No I swear I'm in the hotel too." 
 
"I know, remember the hallway?" He says and your eyes widen. 
 
"Yeah. So you're on the 5 floor too?" You ask and he nods his head. You both stand there awkwardly. The elevator opens and he puts his hand out for you to go first. 
 
"Thank you." You say and walk in. He walks in and it was just you two. He clicks the number 5 and moves back next to you leaning his back on the wall. 
 
"What kind of work do you do?" He says breaking the silence. 
 
"I work as a kindergarten teacher." You say. 
 
"Really? I could see it." He says looking at you tilting his head. "You're really nice." 
 
"Thank you." You say looking to the other side trying to breathe. Why did you feel this way with him? The doors open and he lets you walk out first. You nod and walk out. He walks next to you in silence. You needed to get away from him. 
 
"If your not doing anything later on for dinner do you want to go to this restaurant close by?" He says and you look up at him. 'No no no no no no.' You kept saying in your head. 
 
"Yes." You said out loud as he turned to look at you. He smiled and nodded at you. You reached your room and stopped. "Well this is my room." He nods. 
 
"Ok I'll see you later." He says smiling and you nod. You exchange numbers and you go and open your door. 
 
"Bye." You say and walk in. As the door closes you walk and lay down on your bed. Why couldn't you say no?