Broken territory

Brotherhood

"Tao,Haung zitao wake up!"Krista said shaking her brother."Are you okay?You look like you were having a bad dream."

"Krista,I had a dream our house its gone..."Tao said panting and sweating.

"Come on we have to bring this firewood back home before it gets dark."Krista said getting up from the ground.

Krista and Tao walked down the hill to get home and on the way the loud shrill ringing of the bells could be heard,the regiment,they're back but why so soon.Tao got excited,he never missed any chance to meet the regiment.He squeezed his way through the crowd and stood on a box to get a better view,krista followed suit.His eyes glisten and expanded as the leader rode in on his horse.

"Captain choi."Tao said in awe.

The captain saw tao staring at him and instanly looked away leaving tao confused.An old lady came up to the captain and for her son,the captain could only take off and bow in respect towards the lady.He reached out his hands and gave the lady an envelope and a badge.

"He was a great warrior,he fought till his last breath but unfrotunately...."The captain spoke.

"My...son...you mean to say my son is gone...."She cried out.

"Im sorry maam."

The troop continued walking and as they walked tao noticed that the amount of men is lesser than the amount of man they started with.The people were injured bandages all over their body and some was even unconcious on the horse cart.A group of man in front of tao and krista were discussing on how their money was all wasted on the regiment only to come back unsuccesfull.

"Excuse me sir,"Tao interrupted."Sorry to intrude but who are you to say that."

"You're just a kid what do you know?"They told him off.

Tao's hands were curled into a fist and he was ready to throw a punch at any of those two old man.Before tao could do any damge,krista pulled him away and ran to their house.Outside their house,tao's mom was already waiting with a worried look on her face.The two of them walked anxiously to their mom and only managed to give her a grin before dumping the firewood in the box and running into the house.Their mom caught their hands before they could even step in the house,they got dragged into the house by their mom and was forced to sit on the dining table.

"Why are you two so late?"She asked With a serious look on her face.

"Uhm....we err...we...."Tao stuttered.

"Tao wanted to go see the regiment."Krista said.

"Huang zitao!I told you many times to never do that!"She said sternly"There are things that shouldnt be seen for a young boy like you."

Tao just sat there silently as he played with a peice of lint from his shirt,krista on the other hand stood up and apologized to tao's mom.She pulled tao up and forced him to apologise to her.

"Its okay now this is your last chance,one more time I hear about this thing both of you will be grounded."She warned."Now will you help me lay the table for dinner your dad is coming home soon."

The three set up the table for dinner and when tao's dad came home they all had dinner together.Dinner was just canned soup and bread as the rations were limited to only that.In the midst of the meal tao's dad started talking,its weird because he was never the one to talk on the table.

"Tao,krista we need to talk."He sai placing his spoon down."I'll be gone for a while to the next village,while Im gone I need you to take good care of the house okay tao?"

Tao looked at his dad seriously and noded his head,the family then proceede with their dinner.After their dinner they all went to their respective room and it was lights off.It was late at night,krista stared at the ceiling as she couldnt fall asleep.Suddenly from nowehere she heard a graon,it sounded as if it was from tao's room,krista crept out her room and peeked into tao's room.Tao was squirming in his bed and graoning he seem to be in a lot of pain,krista couldnt muster up her courage to go in.His graons grew louder and by now he was sitting up on the bed curling into a ball and holdin on to his head,he looked to the door and saw krista.

"Ah...."She gasped.

Tao was staring at her with bloodshot eyes and he had abnormal teeth,he growled at her sending her to her room afraid.Krista burried herself in her blanket and forced herself to go to sleep.

~~~

It was a bright morning,the two siblings were on their way down the hill after collecting some raw ingredients.It was extra awkward today because krista didnt say anything since breakfast and tao couldnt think of anything to say.

"Why arent you talking to me?"Asked tao stopping in front of krista.

"What is there to talk about?"Krista answered back.

"Ouch help,no give it back."Cried a voice.

The two siblings walked towards the sound only to find a tiny boy with ash black hair struggling to reach for a book that was being tossed amongst three taller boys who looks way older.Krista instinctively ran towards the boy and pushed him down,the two siblings worked on the three boys as the tiny boy collected all the lose papers on the ground.Once the boys were being chased away they turned their attention towards the tiny boy.

"Are you okay?"Krista asked handing him a lose page from his book.

"Im fine thank you,also thank you for just now..."He Thanked repeatedly as he clutched onto his book.

"Im tao and this is my sister krista,whats your name?"Asked tao.

"Im chanyeol,park chanyeol."He replied.

"What book is that?"Tao asked curiously.

"This?It a book about the world out there!"He said sounding a little excited."S..sorry."

A long shrill bell was sounded throughout the entire city and in no time people were screaming and running about.

"W..what is happening?!"Krista asked.

"It has happened,the monsters they are in..."

 

 

 

A/N:Congrats for actually surviving that.I tried the best I could to actually write this,this is my first time writing a genre like this so I might be a little awkward about it.So I hope you guys like it and do subscribe and comment  beacuse it really means a lot to me and also you can upvote ((Shamelessly asking people to upvote and suscribe)).Thanks again for reading my story ^^

P.S:Sorry for my english TT.TT