Safe House

AON World On Fire [ HIATUS]

Chapter Two

 

CL

 

Kris drove determidely like he knew where he was going. He was from here after all so I didn't question him. Plus my mind was occupied with thoughts of what we would do next. The mission is definitely compromised now, so how are we to continue? Should we try to make it back home? Even if we did what about him? Not that I'm worried about him, but where would he go? I'm sure the government won't give him immunity like they did Tao. I'm pretty sure that they plan to arrest him as soon as were finished here. If we do finish here. I sighed.

Everything is totally ed. We don't know who we can trust, where we can go, and how to resolve this. As soon as we get to wherever he's taking us we'll have to start brain storming solutions. We started to leave more out of the city where buildings loomed into a more rural area filled with single homes. We then turned into a drive way and Kris shut off the car. "Where here." He said and I wondered where exactly here was. He got out of the car and I followed him to the door and before he could even knock the door was flung open and a petite girl flew out wrapping herself around Kris. "Yi Fan." She said breathlessly.

Who the hell is she?

Did he bring me to his girlfriends house? 

I awkwardly stood back waiting for him to remember that I existed while his attention was focused somewhere else. Finally he said. "CL this is Angela Zhang. She understands korean so you can speak comfortably."

I bowed. "Hi. Its nice to meet you."

She smiled sweetly at me. "Likewise. Come in please."

We followed angela into what I assumed was her home. "We need to stay here for a few days." Kris told her. "I figured. You know your always welcome here." She said looking adoringly up at him.

Ok this was getting sickening now. 

"We should take care of your arm." I said. From the moment we've gotten here Kris hasn't kept his eyes off Angela. Not that I care. But we have important things to discuss. How could we do that if he was to busy starring at his girlfriend with love struck eyes?

"Are you hurt?" She said. "You should've said something sooner."

Kris grinned. "Its just a graze. CL is just worrying over nothing because she won't know how to continue on with life if anything happens to me." I just looked at him coldly without saying a word. He laughed. "Ok she couldn't care less if anything happens to me."  He ammended. I sighed and rolled my eyes. We are in a serious situation and he's  over here making jokes. I glared at him again hoping to get the message across that I wasn't in the mood to be playing games. Angela glanced back and forth between me and Kris trying to keep the smile off of her face. "I'll go get the first aid kit." She said walking off.

"Who is she?" I asked as soon as she was out of sight.

 

"Why jealous?" He asked.

 

"You wish."

 

"Yes. I do." He said seriously.

 

I rolled my eyes again. It seems that's all I do when I'm with him. Its like he can't take anything seriously and has to be joking around. "I'm serious Kris. Who is she? Can we trust her?" I said. 

 

"She's fine. You can trust her. I've trusted her with many things over the years and have never regretted it."

 

I nodded accepting his answer. 

 

Angela came back with a white first aid kit. She placed it on the table and said. "I'm going to make you guys something to eat. You look like you've had a rough day."

"Thanks Ang." Kris said wraping a arm around her shoulder. She nodded and then pushed him away so she could go to the kitchen. I opened the first aid get just to give myself something to do instead of wondering about what their relationship was. "Sit and take off your shirt." I said briskly. I rather concentrate on something that I had control of. Suprisingly Kris did what I asked without a snarky comeback or a ual innuendo. He pulled the shirt up over his head and my eyes lingered on his lean toned body. He sat down on the couch beside me and I examined his arm. He was right, it was just a flesh wound, nothing major. I dabbed some poroxide on a gauze pad and began wipping away the dried blood. Then I rubbed some germ preventing cream on it before wrapping it with gauze. "There all done."

Kris was watching me intently and I couldn't figure out what he was thinking. Feeling uncomfortable about how close together we were I stood and busied myself with repacking the first aid kit. "So where going to be staying here for a few days?" I asked trying to dispel the awkward silence in the air. "That's the plan." He replied. "And is that all of the plan or is there more?" 

He sighed and leaned back. "That's all I have for now. I'm still thinking, trying to figure things out. Its good to lay low, relax, when you're in a tough and unknown situation." He said. I wasn't a person that did well with idle time. I needed to be actively doing something. I didn't want to lay low here for days with Kris and Angela. I would probably go crazy. There had to be something we could do. We don't know for sure who those people were that tried to kill us it could very well have been not connected to our mission at all. I imagine Kris has a lot of enemies who want him dead. Then the secretary of defense didn't betray us. Which means the mission is still a go and Kris can get the information he needs. I know it's a lot of 'what if's' but it was better than just doing nothing. Anything is better than just doing nothing. 

Kris was suddenly in front of me his hands framming my face. "Stop thinking." He said. I went to tell him the obvious lie that I wasn't when he interupted. "You have that puckered up look on your face and the line right here," He touched the spot on my forehead between my eyebrows, "Has appeared, so I know that you're thinking hard. Stop."

I bit my lip and just nodded. There was no point in arguing. I'm so frustrated. Im used to being and charge and giving orders but here all I can do is blindly follow Kris.

"I promise there is more to the plan. However I'm still thinking it through."

 

At that moment Angela walked back into the room. She gasped. "Sorry" and ran back into the kitchen. It was then that I realized Kris still had his hands on my face. I shoved him back. "Move." He easily let go of me and chuckled. "Angela you can come back." Now she would think that me and Kris were a thing. Where definitely not a thing. I don't even know him, and what I do know about him I don't like. Yet when I usually keep most men at a distance he keeps getting past my defenses. If any other guy took the liberty to just touch me like that I would have dropped him where he stood. Yet Kris, I stand docile as he invades my persnal space.

 

Angela came back into the room her face bright red as if she cought us having right there on the floor. For gods sake we weren't even kissing. But her reaction answered one of the questions on my mind. Her and Kris definitely weren't involved. If they were she would've thrown a fit seeing us together like that instead of rushing off in embarrassment.

"I was just coming to say that the food was done." She replied.

"Great I am starving." Kris walked out with a satisfied look on his face while me and Angela remained looking at each other awkwardly. 

That .

 

I waited for Angela to go before me and then I followed her to the kitchen. Kris was already at the table stuffing his face like a pig. I wrinkled my nose at the sight. Disgusting.

How could someone so attractive have no care for how he looks as he eats?

"He's been that way since he was a kid." Angela said as she sat down next to me.

"What?" I asked.

She laughed. "I noticed how disgusted you'd looked as you watched him eat. Unfortunately he's  eaten that way since he was a kid."

 

I wanted to question her as to how long she's known Kris. What's his personality is really like and much more, but its not like I could do that with him sitting a few inches away. So I just smiled in acknowledgement and began to eat. 

After Dinner Angela showed us where we would sleep, thankfully separate rooms.

Alone at last as I laid on the bed I began to worry about Bom, Dara and Minzy. I left my cellphone back at the hotel. What if they've been trying to call me? My girls are the closets relationship I have with anyone. I love them all like they are my sisters. Both my parents died when I was really young and I have no siblings. I was raised by my uncle who wasn't the loving caring type. He took care of me and always provided for me but he was cold. The girls are my family and I can't stand the thought of any of them distressed worried about anything happening to me. I know I would be a wreck if I was in their position.

I jerked up out of bed and walked down the hall to Kris's room. I knocked but being too impatient to wait I walked inside. 

"I need a phone." I demanded.

He was hasitily pulling the covers up to cover himslef. His face looked a little red also. This is the first time I've seen him look so unsure and uncocky. "What are you under there?" I asked trying to stir his embarrassment up some more. But he truned the table on me. "Want to come over and see?" He asked lifting the cover slightly up and away from his body. I squeezed my eyes shut but then opened them wide. I am a cool and chic city woman. I don't get embarrassed at the thought of a man's body. I cocked my hip to the side and smirked daring him to do it.

He got out of bed and I saw he was fully clothed. I don't know if I was releived or disappointed.

He's so strange. Why was he acting so embarrassed if he wasn't doing anything, or ? Whatever. "I need to make a call." I said getting back on track to the reason as to why I had barged in.

"To who?"

I raised an eyebrows at him. "Do I need to tell you that? Last time I checked you weren't my boss." I sneered at him. He laughed and said. "Woah. No need for the attitude. We're partners now. Parteners share information with each other."

That's true. I guess we are partners. We only have each other to depend on in this situation.

"I just wanted to call Bom." I told him.

He pulled a cell from under the blanket he was laying under. "I was just talking to Tao. He can get her."

I narrowed my eyes at him. So that's why he was acting so weird. He didn't want me to know that he had been talking to Tao? But why?

"Is the secretary of defense still there?" Kris asked. Tao replied which must have been in the affirmative because Kris then said. "Call back when he leaves." He hung up the phone. "He's going to call back and then you can speak to your girls."

I sighed in releif. I already felt better knowing I would be able to talk to them and fill them in on everything.

 

 

Seoul, South Korea

Park Bom

 

I dialed Chae Rin's cell again and still no answer. This wasn't like her. She hadn't shown up to work and wasn't returning anyones calls.

"You don't think anythings happened to her right?" Dara asked fearfuly. She was practically shaking. Cl disappearing isn't  good for Dara. After Chanyeol died she had a mental breakdown and she's just starting to get back to normal.

"I'm sure she's fine." Minzy said putting a comforting hand on Dara's shoulder. Just as I was about to call her again Mr... The secretary of defense waltzed into the metting room.

He eyed the three of us sitting around the conference room. "Where's Tao?" He asked.

Minzy gave him a cautious look before answering "He had to make a call."

We all have very warrented distrust of higher ranking public officials. After we where betrayed before my moto became fool me once shame on you and fool me twice shame on me. "Why do you need to know where Tao is?" Dara asked snidely. "Just don't want to have to make the same announcement twice. But I guess you can fill him in." He said looking at Minzy. She nodded. I watched the Mr Choi closely. I'd only met him once before but he seemed like a guy who drew a very distinct line between right and wrong and didn't dare cross it. But what do I know. I never expected the betrayal of Congressman Lee. "What are you here for?" I asked wanting him to get to the point. 

"Lee Chae Rin is on a mandatory vacation. Until her return you Park Bom is in charge." He said.

We all watched him disbelief. Did he think we where idiots?

Why would he need to come and announce some sudden mandatory vacation like this? He way more important things to attend to. And did this mysterious forced vacation CL was on not allow her the use of her phone? Uh uh. Something was definitely up. She knows how much we worry. She wouldn't just up and leave unless something was happening. Whatever it is. I'm going to find out.