Epilogue..?

Goodbye My Love

A/N: Also really rough. Fair warning. Good luck!


It’s been four years since Kris left Exo and three years since everything has been settled with SM. Now it is no longer Kris, it is Wu Yi Fan, and he is the happiest and healthiest he has ever been. He is named as one of the top upcoming actors in China and has even landed roles in American films, along with being a very successful model. He no longer involves himself in music, it brought back too many painful memories of a certain petite diva.

He still misses the sassy short male everyday of his life, and it is one piece that has always remained empty, but he can’t bring himself to fill it.

Leaving behind Baekhyun was the hardest thing he ever had to do, but he had to do it for the both of them. He didn’t want to stay and make himself ill, he didn’t want to stay and be so unhappy that he ruins whatever they had together with harsh words. He had hoped-prayed- that Baekhyun would understand even though he has never said anything. At first, he had wavered in his faith that Baekhyun would understand when he saw that the younger was dating Baekhyun, he was happy for him-happy that he was not hurt and he could find happiness elsewhere, but then he had seen that video of Baekhyun singing Goodbye My love and knew that the younger was anything but happy.

He kept up with everything Exo, silently cheering them on and watching them over them. Finally, almost a year later, he had sent Baekhyun his favorite picture of them with song lyrics quoted on the back. It wasn’t much, but he watched as Baekhyun became his usual self again on shows, how that happy glint was back in his eyes. And it gave him peace.

He didn’t ever want to erase the younger from his life, he wanted to cling onto him for dear life, and he hopes that maybe one day, he’ll return back to him.

Yi Fan smiles at the thought before settling on his couch and turning the TV on to an entertainment news channel. His eyebrows shot up in surprise as he saw the title,

TAEYEON SEEING ANOTHER MAN?

Listening to the reporters talk, it seems as though she had been seeing this man for three years. Evidence showed that Baekhyun and she had broken up close to their one year but had not said anything to anyone.

Yi Fan watched with interest, and slight happiness, before reaching over to answer his ringing phone.

“Wassup?” He greeted in English to one of his main friends.

“Dude! Check a Kpop news site pronto.”

“Wha-Okay, yeah I got it. Hold on.” Yi Fan held the phone between his shoulder and cheek before typing in a kpop news site on his laptop, he drops the phone before quickly picking it up again.

“I know right?!” He hears his friend yell into the phone.

“I’ve got to go. Yeah, thanks man.” Yi Fan quickly hangs up, and hold the laptop tight, still not believing his eyes.

BREAKING NEWS

Byun Baekhyun of Exo disappears.

It appears that one of the main vocalists, Byun Baekhyun, has left the idol sensation Exo. This is not the first time this has happened at SM, or even Exo. Four years ago, the leader of Exo-M had filed a law suit after disappearing as the rest of the member returned back to Korea. Although, it seems this time, power vocal Byun Baekhyun has paid out of his contract. The mystery remains as to why the talented singer left, and where he has run to.

Yi Fan was close to finishing the article before his doorbell had rang throughout his apartment signaling that somebody was here. He was half tempted to ignore the person in favor of finishing the article, but he sighed and stood up before making his way to the front door.

He opens it quickly, eager to get back to his reading, when his heart stops. In front of him stands a small soaking wet figure in a large hoodie clutching a duffle bag tightly. Yi Fan couldn’t see the person’s face, but he didn’t have to.

The petite, wet figure looks up, his soft brown eyes locking with Yi Fan’s, causing a smile to spread on both their faces.

“I think this goodbye has lasted long enough.”


A/N: Thanks for reading! Fighting!

You're a brave soul.

                                 -Double XX