Baek (One Hundred)

Baek

"Hyung, wake up."

Youngjae’s slumber was stirred by eager hands and a annoyed voice. The heavy weight of sleep had yet to leave him; eyes still closed, body still lax.

"Hyung, come on! I go through all the trouble of making breakfast for everyone and you’re not even awake…" The voice trailed off.

A groan came from deep within the older boy’s throat as he opened his eyes. Youngjae was awakened by an irritated Yugyeom who was cross armed and huffing indignantly.

"How can you sleep so long? I've never met a person who could sleep well past ten so easily." Yugyeom said as he dragged his hyung up into a sitting position on the couch. The brunette whined through the process, blinking up at his dongsaeng who sported his annoyed expression.

"Yugyeom what time is it?"

"It’s a quarter to eleven and your breakfast is probably cold, now get up!" Yugyeom kicked the older boy’s leg lightly, "You’re lucky umma and appa didn't bother you earlier, or else they’d have your ear."

"Yeah, yeah I know." Youngjae yawned loudly, while standing up. "What did you make for breakfast?"

"Pajeon. I was thinking about making it with fish but it’d be a waste." Yugyeom said while walking out of the living room and into the kitchen to retrieve the serving he saved Youngjae; the latter followed him, lulled by the prospect of food.

"Why would it be a waste?" The two of the boys made it to the kitchen, Youngjae immediately rummaging through the fridge for a drink as Yugyeom made him a plate.

"Not everyone is eating today. Mark-hyung and Bambam are out meeting some friends or something and Jackson-hyung left without telling me where."

Youngjae stopped for a moment, looking up from the fridge. “Jackson left?” He didn't even realized he woke up without him. Did he leave in the middle of the night? Or was it just a dream?

"Yeah, he said he was busy with something. Here you go," Yugyeom handed Youngjae his food. "And he was fooling around saying something about it being a secret, but I think he’s just being a tease again."

Youngjae paused for a beat before blinking back into reality and mumbling a small, “Oh.”

Yugyeom stopped to look at the older boy for a moment, a bit worried by his dejected tone. “Youngjae-hyung, is something wrong?”

"Huh?" Youngjae looked up, feigning cluelessness as he put his plate down on the counter. "Hm? I’m fine, why?"

"Yah, hyung." Yugyeom spoke seriously, putting his hands on his hips. "You already know you’re not a good liar, so why are you trying to trick me?"

. Youngjae forgot how well Yugyeom could read him. He should've known he can’t trick him like he could Jackson, the younger had been his first friend when he was recruited. “I-I mean, it’s nothing.” He sighed. “It’s not a big deal, I promise.”

Yugyeom locked eyes with the shorter boy, still staring silently after Youngjae coward away from his gaze by shoving some food in his mouth. Youngjae could feel the heat of his seering look as the moments passed when suddenly Yugyeom says the unimaginable.

"Are you and Jackson dating?"

Youngjae has to keep from looking too much like a deer in headlights when he looks up at Yugyeom, swallowing the food in his mouth carefully as he would surely choke.

"What?"

Yugyeom was unfazed. “You two are a thing aren't you?” It was a question in form but not in essence; this was an accusation. “That would explain how you guys have been acting.”

"How we've been-, Yugyeom, I told you to stop reading comments in the fancafé."

The sincerity put into Yugyeom rolling his eyes was unmatched. Youngjae briefly wondered if his eyes would roll to the back of his head if he rolled them like that.

"Youngjae, you know what I mean."

"Actually, I don’t have a clue."

"Really? So the whole 'sleeping on top of Jackson' thing this morning was strictly platonic?"

Youngjae stiffened, knowing he already lost. “,” was the small muttering he looked back down at his plate. “, you actually saw that?” The question was more to himself than anyone else.

"Uh, yeah I did. Living room’s in the middle of the damn house, you’re lucky Jackson left before anyone else saw. I might hound you for the truth, but Jaebum-hyung would have a full interrogation over it. Not to mention punish you for lying."

Youngjae shook his head. “Technically, we just didn't tell anyone.”

"That’s just as bad as denying it." Yugyeom sighed, dropping his arms before walking over to pat Youngjae on the back. "Look I don’t care that you guys are dating. Honestly, I don’t even know why you kept it from us, it’s not like anyone has a problem with stuff like that."

"It’s not for that reason, it’s…" Youngjae trailed off a bit before turning around to press his face into Yugyeom’s shoulder and groaning.

Yugyeom fought the urge to sigh again-he found himself doing that a lot-and hugged the older boy with sincerity.The older boy stood silent, but he still hugged the taller male back. They stayed like that for a while, content with giving and receiving comfort.

"Thank you, Yugyeom."

As long as Bambam had been his best friend, Youngjae is the first one Yugyeom felt truly was family. They clicked so well together and Yugyeom really meant it when he called Youngjae hyung. Youngjae would joke that they we’re probably brothers in a past life, but Yugyeom wouldn't be surprised to find that they may be a true pair of soul mates. So things like this happen with no questions asked.

"Don’t mention it."

Youngjae breaks the hug, looking up at the younger boy with something of a remorseful face. “I’m sorry for not telling you of all people. I should've known you’d find out sooner or later.”

That earned him a punch to the shoulder.

"Hell yeah, I’d find out!" Yugyeom exclaimed. "But seriously why didn't you just tell us?"

Youngjae took in a deep breathe before exhaling heavily as he leaned against the marble counter. “I guess we were nervous. Like, if we tell you guys, then what’ll stop us from getting too comfortable and accidentally slip up on a hidden camera or something? Not to mention…” Youngjae paused, wondering if he should even bother saying this. No, he has to make an effort to tell Yugyeom everything. It’s the least he could do. “Like, the age difference and everything…”

"Age diff- what’s that got to do with anything?" Yugyeom asked, completely confused.

"Well, you know." Youngjae made a waving gesture with his hand. "We don’t want people to get the wrong idea about us."

"…I’m not following you."

"Oh my god." Youngjae huffed exasperatedly. "Then, I’m pretty sure you’re to young for me to tell you."

"What?! No way, you gotta tell me!" Yugyeom gaped at the older boy. "That’s so not fair, you’re not even that much older than me!"

"Well, then you should be able to figure it out."

"Wha- well you could at least give me a hint."

"I totally already did."

"When?"

"Age difference, Yugyeom. Age difference."

Yugyeom narrowed his eyes, thinking hard. ‘Jackson is twenty and Youngjae is seventeen… So three years apart right? So who cares? It’s not that serious of a difference right?’ Yugyeom’s friends in school would go on and on about wanting to date noonas four or five years older than them, so three years can’t be a big deal, he concluded.

"I need another hint."

Youngjae sighed. “Seriously? I have to spoon feed it to you? Fine. Legal age.”

'Ok, ok. So Jackson is technically legal. Well, not really he's a foreigner on his work visa. Well that's legal enough. And Youngjae isn't legal until January. So…'

"So you’re not a legal adult and he is. So what?"

"Oh my- jesus, Yugyeom." Youngjae pinched the bridge of his nose. "We don’t want people asking us if we've had and get Jackson in trouble."

"Oh." Yugyeom said aloud. "Wait, you guys are having ? Speaking of which, how long have you guys been dating?"

“No. We’re gonna wait. And today’s our hundredth day.”

"Hundredth- woah!" Yugyeom backed up, arms raised. "You lied to me for a hundred days?"

"I didn't lie!" Youngjae said, defending himself, but Yugyeom wasn't having it.

"I can’t believe you, you’re like a completely different person! First you’re banging Jackson-hyung-"

"We’re not having !"

"-and now, now, you’re telling me you lied for a hundred days?" Yugyeom threw his hands up in outrage. "I don’t even know you anymore, how could I forgive-"

Youngjae covers the younger boy’s mouth. “I’ll buy you ice cream for a week.”

Yugyeom pulled back, clearly pretending to be shocked by the offer. “I am appalled. To think you’d try to buy me out for forgiveness after you-“

"A month."

Yugyeom quickly dropped his act and snatched Youngjae’s hand, shaking it wildly with his signature grin, “Deal.”

Rolling his eyes, Youngjae pulled his hand back to press his palms into the counter and lift himself into a sitting position in the counter. “You can’t tell anyone.”

"Youngjae, at the very least Jaebum and Jinyoung should know. Umma and Appa would kill you if they found out themselves."

Youngjae stayed silent, contemplating the notion. A punishment for lying to the leader was unheard of only because no one dared to do it before. God only knows the trouble he’d get into with Jaebum. On top of that Jinyoung always made an effort to be moral support for everyone. Losing his trust would be like losing an anchor. Youngjae groaned loudly.

"Yeah…you’re right."

"Of course I am. So when are you going to tell them?"

"I don’t know." Youngjae said, exasperated. "Yugyeom, you gotta help me."

"Only if you add another month to the free ice cream deal."

"…You know you should apply to a business college or something, you’re really good at this negotiating thing."

"I’ll take that as a yes."

———-

It was seven o’ clock in the afternoon and the summer heat combined with six hours worth of must and sweat from seven men overpowered any air conditioner JYP could buy for their dance practice room. Youngjae was the first to flop on the couch when Jaebum ended practice, completely exhausted. He closed his eyes, relaxing on the company’s couch as the members began to file out of the room. When he opened them again a few minutes later, he found himself alone in the room.

"The hell-" He began, questioning everyone’s disappearance-a bit upset no one even told him to come leave-when suddenly his phone went off.

[7:14 PM] WangKong: hey angel go wash up and meet me on the roof of our dorm
[7:14 PM] WangKong: ive got a surprise for you ❤

Youngjae couldn't help but smile at the KakaoTalk message, giggling at the heart emoticon Jackson sent him. It only took a moment for him to respond, getting up and leaving to get ready soon after.

[7:15 PM] Mokjae: ok hyung~♥♥♥♥

—————

It only took thirty minutes for Youngjae to get ready and run up the last flight of stairs of the building. He could see Jackson’s silhouette at the top landing, making the younger boy run up the stairs even faster.

Jackson grinned brightly as Youngjae reached him, leaning forward to kiss his panting boyfriend’s nose. “Happy anniversary.”

"Happy? I just climbed the entire staircase of a seven story building, I’m dying here." Youngjae joked between pants, making Jackson laugh.

"Sorry about that. Here I hope this makes up for it." Jackson pulled out a bouquet of pink chrysanthemums from behind his back, offering it to the younger male.

"You…you got me flowers?" Youngjae asked, shocked as he received the bouquet from the larger male. Of all the gifts he’d imagine receiving, flowers were last on his list. He never imagined Jackson doing something so sappy. Not that he’s complaining.

"Don’t worry, that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Come on." Jackson reassured as he took Youngjae’s hand, leading them out the roof door that stood behind Jackson.

The door opened to a transformed dorm patio. What used to be a dirty, unkempt patio became an immaculate space. The stone floor was polished to a shine, the sun bleeding warm hues onto its hard surface. The rooftop was lined by potted plants, whose vines overflowed and hung out of their designated spots. Their flowers brought vivid bright colors of violet, red, white, and blue; each flower hanging delicately and Youngjae knows he’ll mourn when they wilt away. Situated in the center of the patio was a raised wooden platform, adorned with plate after plate of food which circumnavigated a decorative candle stick holder.

Youngjae could barely take more than a few seconds of the scene before emotion began to overwhelm him. Had Jackson done all of this for him? Looking over to the older male, Youngjae could see the proud smile on Jackson’s face.

"Sorry if all the flowers were a bit much, they had a sale and- mmph!" Jackson was silenced by the younger male’s lips crashing against his. Thin arms wrapped around Jackson’s neck, incidentally pressing the bouquet against the back of his head but the man could hardly care.

Youngjae pulled away, grinning as he felt stronger arms snake around his waist. “It’s perfect.” He said breathily. “It’s perfect and it’s beautiful and you-” Youngjae cuts himself off with a shaky exhale, feeling out of breath and as if he would cry. “You’re amazing.” He finishes, making sure to enunciate his claim with another passionate kiss.

Jackson kisses back with as much vigor, rubbing circles into the small of Youngjae’s back. Pulling away to press their foreheads together, Jackson began to grin as well. “I’m glad you think so. Come on, let’s eat before the food gets cold, okay angel?”

"Yeah," Youngjae responded giddily, pressing a quick chaste kiss before pulling away. "When did you even get the time to do all of this?"

"I woke up early to set up. Sorry about this morning by the way."

"It's okay." Youngjae reassured. 

Jackson smiled, taking Youngjae’s free hand, walking his boyfriend to the platform before sitting down across from him. “You know I can’t cook all that well, so I just went ordered our favorites from that restaurant we like, I hope that’s okay with you.”

"It’s fine." Youngjae said as he placed the bouquet to the side. "Let’s eat well okay?"

"Yes, angel."

——-

Dinner went without a hitch, the food quickly disappearing in the midst of two growing boys. The sun had fully set while they put aside trash to be properly recycled later, which Jackson made sure to take note of.

"Hey baby can you do me a favor?"

"Huh?" Youngjae looked up, placing the last paper plate into a plastic bag. "Sure, what do you need."

"Close your eyes."

"Close my- oh no." Youngjae stopped to point an accusing finger at the man. "Last time you said that, you cracked my phone’s screen."

"Yah, that was an accident!" Jackson said adamantly defending himself. "Besides I’m not even gonna touch you just close your eyes."

"Yeah, an accident, sure." Youngjae dragged out his words to emphasize his skepticism. "Fine, I’ll do it but only because I left my phone at the dorm."

Once Jackson was sure Youngjae had his eyes closed, he quickly ran to get the bag he hid under the platform. Grabbing the bag, he quickly placed each item in their appropriate spot, working as quickly as he could. When he finished, he threw the plastic bag to the side and wrapped his arms around Youngjae from behind.

"Okay, open your eyes."

Youngjae held back a gasp as Jackson managed to send him for a whirlwind once again. The floor and platform were littered with small, lit candles. Youngjae felt another grin creep up on his face when he felt the eager hands of his boyfriend gave a small squeeze. The candles brightened up the whole rooftop, making the younger male sigh happily.

"What did I do to deserve all of this?" He asked himself quietly.

"You accepted my heart."

There was a moment of utter silence. The next sound was that of the two males making groans and shivering gestures, not to mention the loud ‘ewwww’ that ensued by the youngest.

"Yah, hyung that was too cheesy even for you." Jackson’s high pitched laugh was followed by another squeeze.

"Sorry, sorry." He apologized in English. "Hold on."

Youngjae yelled in mock frustration when Jackson let go, turning around to question the elder. “What there’s more? Are you going to have someone paint the sky or something?”

"No, no nothing like that." Jackson reassured before reaching into his pocket and sitting down on the platform, his back against the wall. "Come here." He ordered, patting his thigh.

Youngjae sighed, still a bit giddy and excited for what Jackson has in store for him. Not to mention what he has in store for Jackson. Moving closer to crawl on to the platform, Youngjae made his way to Jackson, straddling the older man’s lap. “So what is it?”

Jackson pulled out two necklaces from his closed palm, one with a capital J and another with a capital Y. “Check this out.” Jackson picked up the silver letters and overlapped them, until the formed a haphazard heart, but it was still very clearly a heart.

"Apparently," Jackson began as he grabbed the chain of the J necklace and slide it down Youngjae’s head. "there was some sort of artist who was working for the jewelry store down the block that specialized in stuff like this. So I said, eh why not, you know?" He finished, putting his own Y chain.

Youngjae grinned, taking the larger J piece into his hand. “This is so cool.” He said, beaming with joy. “So I get a J for Jackson and you get Y for Youngjae?”

"Yep."

"Ah, then we had similar ideas." Youngjae sat up so he was up on his knees to fish out two black rings he had in his pocket, before sitting back down on his lap. "They’re made out of Tungsten or something, no idea what that is though but I thought you’d enjoy the color. Oh! And look at the engraving." Youngjae added, handing over Jackson’s ring.

The ring was engraved on the inner rim and filled with white coloring that said, ‘Youngjae’s’ “Ah, the possessiveness is showing in you Mr. Choi.”

"Shut up mine says Jackson’s too." Youngjae retorted. "Besides I thought it’d be cute…" Youngjae mumbled out.

"You’re cute." Jackson teased, putting on the ring. He leaned forward to peck the younger boy on the lips, enjoying the happy smile that blossomed from the kiss. Placing his hands possessively on Youngjae’s hips, Jackson hummed contently.

"Hey, hyung?"

"Hm?"

"Can we do something?"

Jackson furrowed his brow. “Like?”

"Well," Youngjae started, slowing into a mumble. "I was just thinking that maybe we could stargaze or something..."

Jackson could only grin at Youngjae's sudden reticence. The idea of the smaller boy blushing and being too nervous to ask him to do something of this nature was enough to send Jackson into a tizzy; though to have the actual sight in front of him was a completely different matter. Jackson felt himself having to strain against the urge to coo at the boy in his lap, instead settling for a short, sweet kiss.

"Of course we can. Scoot over." Jackson instructed, waiting for Youngjae to get off of him.

After a bit of resituating and adjusting, the two ended up in a tangle of limbs with Jackson on his back and Youngjae using his chest as a pillow. A small breeze sent a slight chill up their backs, making the two males pull impossibly closer; the two were practically glued together by the time Jackson wrapped his arms around Youngjae. Looking up at the night sky Jackson noted that there were far more stars here than he's ever seen in Hong Kong, especially considering most weren't actually helicopters.

"Ah, there aren't even half as many stars here as there is in Mokpo..." Youngjae mused aloud. "I should've known."

"Really? I don't think I've seen more stars than these in my life." 

"Huh? Really?" Youngjae asked, looking up at his hyung. "Hm, I guess we'll have to go on a trip to Mokpo soon so I can show you all the stars there."

"To Mokpo? Just to look at stars? Shouldn't you invite your boyfriend to your hometown to introduce me to your family?"

That earned him a light hearted slap to the shoulder. "Yah, I never said you couldn't do that too."

Jackson let out another one of his signature laughs again, before nuzzling the top of Youngjae's head. "When do you think we should tell our families anyway?"

"Hopefully during our next big break. I was thinking about telling them this break but it might be a bit too soon."

"Yeah, probably."

The conversation died off, neither wanting to think too hard on the subject our outing themselves to their families. Time passed steadily as the two cuddled together on the rooftop, long after the candles died out. At some point they stopped staring at the stars and stared instead at each other, which is when the cuddling session truly broke out. Between nuzzling each others noses and legs twining together, lips somehow came into the fray and slowly but surely the two feel back into their habitual make out sessions.

Jackson had only just begun to nibble at Youngjae's bottom lip when suddenly a loud buzzing ringing came from his pocket.

"," he muttered under his breath, recognizing the ringtone. "Hold on baby that's Mark."

Youngjae nodded in understanding pulling back just a bit so Jackson could answer his phone.

"Hello?" He said in English.
 
"Hello? Hey, Jackson it's Mark. I'm just calling to tell you I won't be home until the morning, I have to do something with manager-hyung, so don't come looking for me."

"Ah, okay cool."

"Where are you anyway? It's like, eleven at night."

"," Jackson forgot to filter himself. "Yeah, sorry about that I'm hanging out with Youngjae. I guess we lost track of time."

"You should hurry home then. If you're lucky Jaebum and Jinyoung won't notice, they were sleeping when I left."

"Really? Sweet, when did you leave?"

"Like, twenty minutes ago."

"Alright, we'll make a run for it then, thanks.

"No problem. Bye"

"Bye." Jackson hung up his phone, immediately groaning.

"What's wrong? Are we in trouble." Youngjae asked, confused.

"We will be if we don't hurry. It's already eleven." 

Youngjae cursed under his breath, already getting up to start cleaning. "Where do I put the candles and stuff?"

Jackson told him to but the trash in the plastic bags they came from, getting up to help as well. The two rushed to put away all the candles and put the the bag in the corner with the other trash they accumulated. Jackson made sure to put Youngjae's mind to rest by telling him he'd take care of the trash and come back for the bouquet in the morning, kissing the younger male's forehead when he pouted. As soon as they finished, Jackson opened the door to the dorm building, ushering Youngjae inside.

"Wait." Youngjae said urgently, stopping him. Grabbing Jackson's new necklace, he made sure to have it tucked behind his shirt, before doing the same with his own. 

"Good idea, they would've noticed that." Jackson said proudly, more than content with Youngjae's quick thinking. 

He was a bit more surprised, but no less content, when Youngjae very swiftly crashed their lips together, going straight for a heated open mouth kiss. This lasted for only a few seconds, any longer and Jackson probably would've lost himself in the kiss. Youngjae pulled back, panting heavily with a grin. 

"There, now I'm satisfied. We can go downstairs now." Youngjae said with a nod before dragging Jackson the rest of the way through the door.

"I'm glad to know that." Jackson replied, just as amused.

The two ran down the few flights of stairs to their floor, walking as silently as they could to the dorm. Jackson carefully unlocked the front door, hushing Youngjae quietly as they entered and took off their shoes when suddenly a loud voice scared them stiff.

"It's awfully late isn't it Jinyoung?"

.

~*~*~*~*~

A/N: Finished! This ended up a hell of a lot longer than I anticipated but I got it done in a week like I said! I hope you enjoyed this fic as much as I enjoyed writing it! Thank you so much for reading!

I made a poll for you guys to decide if I should write a bonus chapter so please vote!