Gushipsam (Ninety Three)

Baek

It’s been ninety three days. Ninety three days; two thousand twenty three hours; one hundred thrity three thousand nine hundred twenty minutes. That’s how long Choi Youngjae has accepted my heart. That’s how long he’s let me hold his hand and kiss him when no one was looking. That’s how long he’s let me love him.

In a week one hundred days will pass and it seems to be a big deal for Youngjae. Well, it seems to be a big deal for Koreans in general and while I usually have trouble understanding and adjusting to Korean culture, this tradition I get. You get to celebrate an anniversary every year as a couple so missing one could be made up for, but your one hundredth day comes once so it makes sense that it’s a big deal.

Sadly, I don’t know much more about it. I can’t ask Youngjae because I want everything to be a surprise. I can’t ask Mark or BamBam because they wouldn't know either. Yugyeom…I’ll be honest he’s a little too smart, I think he gets it from Jaebum and Jinyoung. His intuition is otherworldly.

Speaking of the “married” couple, I definitely can’t ask them because if I know anything about those two, it's that they’ll go off on some tangent about how romantic their’s was and, “He looked so handsome, I thought he would carry me away to some wonderland,” or “I was gonna pass out when I saw how beautiful his smile was,” and blah blah blah. Mark and I made the mistake of asking how one of their dates went and we regret wasting that hour of our lives.

So now I’m down to my last resort. The internet. The world wide web has yet to fail me so I’m gonna place my trust in it one more time.

Shifting in my bed roll, I sat up and grabbed my laptop to open up Google. I googled “what to do for your 100th day” and found a plethora of results, but I didn't see any I was looking for. All of them were “What to do for her on your 100th day” or “How not to piss your girlfriend off on your 100th day”. None really told me what to do for my boyfriend except one. Sadly, it featured a lot of bland gifts like homemade chocolate or a video game. I cross referenced the article with some of the more popular “What to do for your girlfriend” sites and came to a few conclusions.

One, it seems like the hundredth day is treated like any other romantic holiday where its just a chance for the guy to show off his money to his girlfriend, which is pretty damn cliche and annoying. Two, the only thing that a lot of these sites have in common is being a matching couple on your day. For instance, couples could get matching shirts or something. It’s a cute idea, regardless how cheesy, and it seems too common not to do so I’m going to have to make a note of that.

Lastly, I’m gonna have a really hard time trying to figure out what to do for our hundredth day. I refuse to give Youngjae anything less than an amazing anniversary but all these ideas are a little too lame for Wang Kong. I lay back into my pillow and groan, not prepared for such a task. I already told Youngjae I was going to give him a big surprise and I definitely can’t back out now.

God, the look on his face was enough to make me want to keep my promise, to hell with pride. His usual sunshine smile was like a heavenly glow more than bright light. Oh, and the way his ears turned a little pink when he hugged me.

"Aaaaah!" A smile had managed to creep on my face and I rushed to cover it with my hands. Just thinking about my angel made me feel like some school girl in a drama. Rolling over to my side and putting my laptop down, I rested on my back to stare at my ceiling.

First things first, I need to make sure I get money. I don’t normally ask my parents for money, but thankfully they've been kind enough to at least open up an account for me where they put a little money in every month. I haven’t touched it at all so I should have quite a bit stashed at this point, all I really have to do is get the pin number.

All the websites said to do something the two of you normally don’t do together. Considering our situation, keeping things from fans and our group members alike, we don’t really get to do much more than occasionally kiss in a closet or an empty hallway. Maybe I should take him to a restaurant. I’d have to find a way to make it secret though and that sounds practically impossible. A rooftop dinner kind of thing sounds good. With candles and stuff. He’d love that sort of thing.

I can just imagine Youngjae blushing and laughing in candlelight. He’d probably hit my shoulder when I bring it up, but even then he’d be so cute. It’s a little weird, because before I met Youngjae, I only found girls cute in that way. Then again, I was younger and I only knew that girls could be cute in that way. I never thought to even allow myself to look at a guy the way I looked at a girl. I still like girls too but Youngjae isn't pretty or cute like a girl at all. He’s charming in the goofiest way possible and he’s radiant. He’s handsome in his own way and he regularly ruins that image for the sake of a joke and I love it.

I love him.

Just as I delve into a mental monologue of how glad I am to be with the love of my life, said person enters a previously lonesome room.

I quickly shut my laptop to a close, not letting my potential plans to be caught by the boy in my doorway. Youngjae closes the door behind him, smiling brightly like he does and comes over to lay beside me.

Proping his head up on his hand, he lays on his side. “What are you hiding?” he asks playfully. “Where you watching something dirty?”

He makes a coy little smile and I can’t help but play along. “And so what if I was?”

Youngjae laughs and hits my chest. “Yah, Jackson-hyung, stop being such a ert. You can’t just watch things like that in broad daylight when anyone can walk in the room.”

"You’re right." I lean forward and kiss my boyfriend on his lips. "You’re the only one who I’d want to walk in the room at times like that."

His ears are red again. I remember the days when he’d melt into a crimson, stuttering mess whenever I stood too close. He’s gotten used to it, but it's so adorable that he still gets flustered. “You’re too much I swear…” he mutters under his breath. “Jinyoung-umma said to get you, we have a schedule soon. You've got thirty minutes to get dressed.”

"Thirty minutes? That’s plenty of time." I sit up and stand, walking toward Mark and I’s shared clothes rack. "If I get dressed quickly does that mean I get to spend more time with you?" I asked playfully, turning around to catch Youngjae making another cute and flustered face.

"I guess so…" I laugh at his quiet response and turn around to take off my shirt. In the corner of my eye I see Youngjae already walking to leave to room. Catching him by the wrist, I narrowly stop him from leaving.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

Youngjae turned around, but his head was angled toward the ground as if he didn't want to meet my eye. “I was giving you privacy to get dressed.” He said, obviously embarrassed by my bare chest.

"Yah, Youngjae. If I wanted you to leave I would've told you. I’m only changing out of my shirt and pants, its nothing serious."

"But-"

"No buts, it’s not a big deal now go and sit back down so I can cuddle you when I’m done." I pull him closer, encasing him against my chest with my arms. "Mark isn't coming back soon is he?"

Blushing furiously, Youngjae shook his head. “He left early, but hyung is this really necessary?”

"What?" I asked as if I didn't know exactly what he was talking about. "You mean this?" I squeeze his sides and press him just a little closer to my chest, being the tease that I am. "You should get used to seeing your boyfriend shirtless sooner than later shouldn't you?"

"You're so full of you know that?"

"You love it."

There's a light punch to my chest and a hard kiss on my lips, then Youngjae starts to laugh. "You're right I do love it. Now get ready so we can go, ."

He's making that cheeky grin, sticking his tongue out and everything and I can't resist him anymore. "Anything for you, angel."

Everything. That's what I meant. 

Everything in the world is for you if you asked for it, Choi Youngjae. I promise.