Kyuhyun I

Pride in friends

My Father always used the expression ' All you need to do in life is love, laugh and live.' My Father is a simple man with simple pleasure, and had tough experiences in the middle of his life, but well all experience things that break us in different parts of our lives. So this is story about my friends and I. How we began, how learned from the experiences we shared, and how we became the people we are today. The best thing about looking back, is that there is always someone or something you can smile at, and in others there is fear and nightmares that we have to face. I will tell you about how we learned to love certain people, push through the barriers of our fears and doubts and basically live with it and get over it. We each have our own indivdual problems, and know we have to face them all in the sunlight, where they can't hide.

 

I was born in cold middle of winter, the beginning of Janurary, right at the beginning. I'm not a great man. I'm not above of an average intelligence, I'm not a marvelous looking person, I'm not skilled in anything amazing, and I have made mistakes like any other person, maybe even a little worse than other people. I'm not normal, though I'm not unique. But there is a lot that I pride myself in, and those are my friends and family. My friends and family are some of the best and occasionally the worse people I know, and that is unfortunatly from some of the problems they have (though sometimes I believe they like the drama in their lives). The person I'm probably closest to though, is my partner Cho Kyuhyun.

He is the biggest goober I know. Don't let that smiling picture fool you, he isn't all smiles and happiness. He is quite moody when he wants to be. Kyuhyun is my best friend, my lover, and is the biggest part of my life. Kyuhyun has simple interests, he loves to drink wines and coffees from different areas of the country and from across different continents. He has tried Merlots from Spain and Italy, Shiraz's from Australia, Chardonnay's and Reisling's from America and coffee's from South America to the beans they grow in Austria . He loves all things sweet as well. There isn't a time after he comes home from work, finishes his meal, that I don't see him with a chocolate bar, a piece of cake, a tin of caramel or anything that could give you a cavity, in his mouth. He is usually eating as he is gaming. Sometimes that computer irritates me more than anything. He is either playing LoL( League of Legends), Killing Floor, Star craft, Fallout, or Skyrim lately. Mostly Killing Floor though. Some nights I feel totally neglected because of that goddamn computer.

Kyuhyun is probably one of the most understanding people I know, he continously helps me with my problems, and he tries to understand as best as he can (as difficult as it is for him to try to understand my problems from his perspective). But Kyuhyun has some of the most depressing promblems I know, and most if it comes from the simple fact he hates the poeple he works with. Kyuhyun hates to feel as though he is smallest most insignificant thing in world. He hates how people talk to him, how the feels as though they are telling him what to do, and that if he was to say no in anyway, they would go off at him, insult him, fire him, and it eats away at him, like caterpillar gnawing at a leaf. The only outlet he believes he has is the computer. It's like he totally wraps himself into the computer to escape everything in life, and it destroys me sometime, and when he does talk to me about the issues he is having, he breaks down. He grabs a hold of my hips so hard it almost hurts and cries loudly into my stomach, hoping that the pain that encloses around in his head and heart will go away, and that he won't have to face these problems anymore. It takes awhile for him to cheer up again, but it usually happens when I wipe away the tears that stain his face and kiss him softly. When I whisper into his ear how important to me he is, how much I love him, and in no way is he small in my eyes. No one could be bigger or better to me.

But I know that Kyuhyun is a strong person, I know that he can do whatever is on his mind. He can fight people the people, by bettering himself so that he won't end up like the people who he believes control him. That way when he gets at the top, he won't be like those other people, he will be better than everyone else. He won't belittle his co workers, he won't make them to feel the way he does right now.

The tale of how Kyuhyun and I came to be, is rather weird. Considering he had been with one of my closest friends prior to our being together, though just so you know, they had been broken up for quite awhile before we met again. It still confuses us on how and why we began a relationship, or that we even developed feeling for each other, considering the lengths that we went to ignore each other, through some of the coming year we got to know each other again. I suppose considering the friends we made their forced us to be in the same confines together, and the way we talked to each other about the issues of what would happen once we left our prison of higher education, we grew closer.

Kyuhyun and I had first met when he was twelve and I was Thirteen, we had been forced by our parents to start a tutorial class with my friend Ryeowook's mother. Her being a casual teacher and having free time at the end of the day, made our parents think tht she would help better our education. Little did they know that, we refused to learn anything, and the information didn't stick. Kyuhyun was a cute little boy, he had this fluffy brown hair that fell in his bright mahognay eyes, his was a slim little figure, with a big head too, it made me giggle the way he would nod his head and it slop around on his body. But the cutest thing about him was his huge smile, he cheeks would look full and fill with colour, his lips spread wide, and show these pearly white teeth.

Of course I felt a little crush niggling on my mind and chest when I looked into those bright eyes, but I pushed it aside at that age, and that was because Ryeowook liked Kyuhyun. He would tell me everyday during and after school about his feeling for him. That he loved the cute way he smiled, the cute way his laughed, the cute way he did anything, and all I could do was nod along and just say 'yeah'. Everyday after school though, I would sit across from Kyuhyun and we would joke and smile about things that had happened at school that day, the way Mrs. Kim's would shout at one of us for talking to much, and when we kicked each other in the shins to get the others attention, or when he would slap me up the back of the head was I was being to loud. We ended up talking usually just before we left Ryeowook's house, we would sit outside on the front porch waiting for our parents to come collect us.

He would look at me with those big eyes as we talked. He kept his secrets obviously, but the one that he let go one day was very surprising to me. Ryeowook had somehow told him about how he felt. In my 13 year old brain it seemed to crash and be happy at the same time. I felt happy about the fact that Ryeowook had explained his feeling, and happy that I could try to let go fo this stupid little crush (believe it or not I did want to try and further my studies in some way). But I was a little crushed at the fact that I did have to let it go I suppose, it was the first time I had actually felt a crush, and the fact that someone else explained their feelings before me, and that they were my closest friend hurt. But being me, I decided to smile and ask what he thought about it.

"He is nice, and I do like him, so I suppose we could go out."

I smiled and replied with 'Good idea. He really does like you.' But when my parents arrived to come get me, the car blaring in the darkness to annouce that they were there. I left the porch and smiled over to him, I knew by tomorrow that Kyuhyun would be with Wookie, and that he would be happier than pig in slop. I only continued going to tutorial class for maybe a week more, it was kind of sickening to watch Ryeowook kiss Kyuhyun's full cheek, and to see him blush madly underneath the touch of lips. The only person I expected who understood me at the time was my Mother. When she noticed that my grades had slipped slightly, and that I begrudgingly going to tutorial, is when she asked me what was going on. I decided to tell her the I just wasn't feeling as though I was getting the best out of that tutorial as I could. So I stopped going.

A couple of days after I stopped going, Kyuhyun broke up with Ryeowook, and nothing that Ryeowook could say to him would change his mind. We still talked to each other when we saw each other, and I saw him growing taller as the months went on, but after awhile, Kyuhyun moved schools. His Mother was going through a spiritual stage and decided to enroll him and his Sister into a christan school (that's where he would meet another one of our friends Donghae, and introduce him to our friend group years and years later). I totally forgot about Kyuhyun when he left, though Ryeowook would still mention him every now and then. He would get annoyed when I asked who he was, and he eventually stopped talking about him to me.

It wasn't until I was seventeen when I heard about him a again from Ryeowook. Kyuhyun was returning to Ryeowook's school and that they had started going out again, I just nodded like usual, trying to recollect the memory of Kyuhyun again in my mind, but I only had a mental picture of fuzzy brown hair and wide smiling lips.

"Whose Kyuhyun?" I would asked Ryeowook, who only huffed unhappily.

It had been the first time in months that Ryeowook had come over to talk to, my grades had slipped drastically to the point I decided to leave the school, I had issues that past year that had caused this, and both of my parents believe it to be best for me to stay at home for this year and recover mentally from what had happened. The only time Ryeowook would come over was to re-establish our friendship, was when he decided it got to the point that we needed to talk again, and whenever he did come over he would look at the mess strewn acorss my floor, usually books or dvd's, and sneer, and he would feel the need and urge to start to clean it.

Ryeowook would look over at me,I would always have a book in hand, focusing on the fictious world, rather than my unhappily painful reality that I was surrounded in. It took a couple of tries for him to pry the overread pages out of my hands so I would pay attention to the discussion. He reminded me over and over again of who Kyuhyun was while he talked about their relationship, he would talk about how we used to talk all the time, that we used to kick each other under the table, that he would slap me up the back of the head when I was being to loud. Which caused me to start referring him as 'the guy who hit me so I would be quiet'. But everything that Ryeowook was saying, was not sinking in, it was like it just wasn't coming into picture for some reason.

The next few months Ryeowook would call me more, to talk about his relationship with Kyuhyun. It was probably just a way so I would gain some normalicy into my life, and that it would kick me out of my room and house so I would go out. Ryeowook sounded so happy with each call, and visit. His smile was so large that it almost blinded me, it was like looking to sun almost.

Then one day I got a call from Ryeowook again, he was crying and squealing like the child he used to be. Kyuhyun had broken up with him again, and through a text message of all things! I listened as best as I could, trying to understand the warbles, that weren't coming out coherently. I nodded on the phone and got him laugh occasionally. All the constant calls and messages about Kyuhyun still came up from Ryeowook. He ended up telling me that he left the school, and that he was staying at home until he decided on what he wanted to do.

I suppose in some way Ryeowook calling so reguarly and visiting as often as he could with one of my other friend (who we shall talk about later) did bring back some normalicy into my life, and I decided that I did want to go back to school, but not back to highschool. I decided that I would do a Tertiary Certificate (so basically it's like the last 2 years of highschool except crammed into one). When I announced the news to my parents, they couldn't be more happy.

The next year I was enrolled into a building that would become somewhat prison to me like for the rest of the year, I had taken a college scholastic ability test, and passed. I assumed that it was the from the year of reading and watching tv that had me pass, though most of what I had read was was not scholarly in anyway, and alot of it was manhwas. To my surprise I met one of my highschools friends there, he had dropped out due to his health. His name was Kim Kibum, and how much fun he was in highschool when I did see him. We talked and renewed our broken friendship so easily, and I was ecstatic to have found a friend again.

Little did I know though, that on the otherside of the room was Kyuhyun and his friends, preparing for the same exam as Kibum and I were. That day I only had eyes for Kibum and the test. In just the one day I felt as though I had been reborn again. I felt happy for the first time in ages.

Kibum and I had made more friends in the first couple of days, though they were not going to be premanent. They were nice enough, until the conspiring day, when one's parnoids thoughts destroyed other friendships I had made through them. Her name was Sooyoung, and that's all I really remember of her now. The other two, I know one like to be called Jessica, and the other Krystal, but there last names as well seem hazy...

Kibum could get along with anyone, and thats what had brought Kyuhyun to my attention. Kibum had been friends with a young man named Park Chanyeol, who was partnered with Byun Baekhyun. Chanyeol easily remembered Kibum, but grew fuzzy when he looked at me. I didn't blame him though, I was pretty much a ghost in highschool. Though when I said 'hi' softly to both Chanyeol and Baekhyun, and introduced myself to them, I notice a head snap up so quickly that it made me look for a moment, then I stared back at the people in front of me momentarily, then down to the floor. Kibum then turned and smiled at Chanyeol's friends, he inquired their names and the figures stood up, slowly introducing themselves.

I remember it so clearly too..

"Han Geng or Hankyung, which ever you like."

"Kim Joonmyun, how're you going?"

"Cho Kyuhyun. Hi Lee Sungmin."

 

A/N: Hope you guys enjoy this, it's been stuck in my head for a couple of days and I needed to get the story out.