Chapter I

The Red Umbrella

CHAPTER I

"You're like a lost puppy, hm?" She grins while she's chewing her warm noodles. She ruffles my hair which is quite annoying cause no one do that to me and I don't like it. "You were kicked out of your house or you left home?" She asked. I stopped eating the noodles and thinks of an answer to her question. "I was kicked out of our house." I told her without any emotion. She shrug before she lift her head and grins at me. "I figured. You're kicked out of the house." She laughs and scoops some of her soup. "What did you do? Family problem? Or you're sick of him playing around with other ladies?" She almost hit to the point that it made me lost my appetite and put down my spoon and chopstick. I just look at her. She looks at me in return and grins. "Did I hit it to the point?" She hisses and grins again before raising up her hand. "You're going to pay for this, right? You have some money with you?" She asked as she hands me the bill for the food we ate. 

I didn't answer her and just fish out my wallet from my back pocket and pick out some few bills. I paid for the amount which is just cheap and leave out some tip on the table. 

"Shall we go?" She told me as she get up from her seat and take her sling bag on her shoulder. 

She plop a chewing gum back to as we reached the front door. The rain has almost stopped. I feel warmer now. Thanks to the noodles we had. "Hm." She hums and it caught my attention. I look at her raising an eyebrow and waits for her to say something. "I am leaving now. I need to take some rest for my job later." She said. I nod my head understanding that she has to leave.

"Um.. wait!" I tried to stop her from leaving. "What's your name?" I asked. I want to know her name from the kindness she showed me. "Candy. Just call me Candy." She told me. "Candy?" I tried to  say her name even though I hesitated to speak it straightly. She nods her head and take something on her bag. A business card. I take it and look at her. I chuckled. What the hell is this? It's a cheap business card for a pros.... I stopped and looks up at her. She winked at me. "Call me if you want to have some fun, arra?" She ruffles my hair before she leaves and I was there stoned. Standing alone at the pavement. 

I huff and keep her business card on my back pocket. She showed her kindness on me and share me her umbrella. That was so kind of her. I look down on my clothes and found out that somehow my clothes are still wet. I heave a deep sigh. I should buy some change of clothes. I don't plan on going home yet. I walk to the pavement and find a store to buy some change of clothes. By this time I am sure my father blocked my credit card as usual but then I should give it a try. It might work still. 

I pick up a black sweatshirt. It's sale around $10. It's been a long time since I've done this kind of shopping and then. I stopped and clutch the sweatshirt.

'Yah! Jinwoo-ah! Don't waste your money. Here. Here. It's only $10. I will pay it for you? Arra? Let's not waste your money to something expensive. You can even pay for my food the whole week with that amount.' 

I huff. That was her words that I thought she love me for who I am and not for my money. Why is she even with that guy? That guy who treats everyone of us like trash and say bad words against us? I hisses and clicks my tongue in annoyance. I don't want to think about it anymore and just move on. What I need right now is someone who I can talk to. I fish out my phone on my left front pocket. It's not in there then I tried at my right and it's not there again. Sighs. . I just realized that I left it at home. 

The telephone booth is not far from here. I inserted few coins to call at home and waited for who will answer. I hope it'll be the maid. That way it'll be easier to ask her to come and meet me to bring my phone and few cash from my room. It only rang 2 times before someone answer the telephone. I didn't speak and waited for the other line.

"Hello? Hello? Kim Jinwoo is that you?" she asked. She's frantic. Maybe she already know that I will call. "Where are you? Come home now son." Son? I despise her. She doesn't have the right to call me son. She isn't my mom. I have to endure it. I need my phone and money. I brushed my hair irritatingly before I answer.

"I need some phone and money. Meet me at the coffee shop close to my university." I ended the call and put both of my hands on my pocket.

I wave my hand to call the taxi. I don't know which bus number should I ride to get on my university and I don't want to ride one to the fact that I am going to remember her again. 

I take a sit at the middle of the coffee shop so she can see me easily and hand me the things I needed. I didn't wait for long till she came. He hand me my money and pleaded me to go back but I didn't hear her and just leave after I get what I need. 

It's kind of sad to think that I am in to this kind of situation. I have no place to run. I don't have real friends who can let me stay for a night. I'm hopeless, I think?. I lean my back to the sit and takes a deep sigh thinking of where to go maybe I should stay at a hotel for a moment?

It didn't took me long till I find a hotel to stay. It isn't a luxurious one since I also want to save some money till my head cools off and come home. I came by on a club near the place I am staying. I need some drink before getting off to bed. I am not used to the place and it'll be hard for me to sleep for sure. I ordered two glasses of black label and slowly sip it. 

"Hey!" A female voice from my side greeted the bartender in front of me. I turn my head to look at her and she seems to be familiar. Isn't she the girl earlier. She turn her head to look at me and smile before saying Hi. "Candy?" I called her name and she shows me her eyesmile. 

"Yeah. Anything I can do for you?" she draped an arm around my neck as she lower down her body. I can almost see the top of her s from my view. I tried to calm my breathing "Sure. Have a drink together with me. Two glasses of tequila, please?" I raised my hand to call the attention of the bartender but instead she hold my hand and stop me. 

"I will have a ladies drink, please." She said. "I am sorry but I don't want to get drunk. I still have work." 

I nodded and sips my drink in one go. "So this is your job?" I asked her. Maybe I am right. Maybe I guessed right that she's a hooker somehow because I can see it on the way she dress and the way she carry herself. She's confident enough to wear such and clothes and make-up.

"Oh! You mean this?" she laughs and covers his lips with the side of her palm to ease it a little bit. "Yeah. I am." she sips her drink that is light blue with a lemon on the lid of the glass. "Did you follow me here?" she asked suddenly that it made me laugh.

"It was just a coincidence. I stay at the hotel close by."
"You mean the motel?" she clears it and I shake my head. I pass by the motel earlier which is close on this place. Maybe she's gone there a couple of times since I've seen a few couples coming in and out of there a while ago and the girls are wearing the same style as her.

"No." I didn't want to tell her where I stay. I know what is she want. Money that's why she chose this profession and I can't tell her nor give her hints that I have that. 

"Then where are you staying?" she asked playfully leaning her face close to mine. I can feel her breathing so close to me. I turn my head to look at her as our lips almost touch. She backs away and smirks. "You want it, don't you?" 

I huff and smirk before turning to look in front again. She place her hand on my lap and she starts caressing it slowly before I feel her lips close to my ears. "Why don't you come with me?"