Foreword

The Red Umbrella

Foreword

Looking to the marble floor as my eyes get fixated to my pair of black shoes. I huff and stare at the doorknobs of the two door study room of my dad. I slowly move my hand up to the wooden door and uses my knuckle to knock on the door, after the fourth knock I heard my father's voice from the inside. 

"Come in." he said on a monotonous tone.

I hold on to the doorknob handle and pull it down. I step inside of the well lighted room and walks in front of his table. He looks at me and stare at my eyes for a couple of minutes before he speak in his usual tone.

"Please, take a sit."

I put my hands on my pocket as my dad asked me to sit. I turn my back from him as I walk in to the couch and take a sit. He gets up from his table and takes the couch across. 

"Maybe you already know why I called you, right?" he asked with his usual powerful tone. I don't have any idea why though to be honest.

I shake my head as a response towards his question. My eyes travel to his hand and I know where is this leading. I rub my nape and look down, annoyed to the fact that we're going to discuss and argue about it for the nth time. I am just tired. Tired of arguing about it.

"If this about studying overseas again. I will refuse. I will never leave this country." raising my voice out of anger.

"And it is because of that girl again, right? That girl who only wants some money from you. Are you even aware of that, huh? She only wants money form you." My head starts to boil on what he said. My girlfriend is different. She's not the girl he thinks who wants money from me. She's different. We're always happy together and we love each other. She will never betray me that's what I know because I trust her. I clutch my hand into a fist as I look up and glared at him. I gritted my teeth in anger.

"She's not that type of girl! She loves me! I know she loves me!"

He laughs. He laughs like a maniac as if there is something wrong on what I've said. "You're insane." He stand on his seat and give me a hard slap on my cheek. It stings. It hurt so much. I look up at him and I can feel my tears that are threatening to fall down. I stared in to his eyes in anger. I am so mad at him. He only thinks about business, money and fame. 

"Who's insane on the two of us dad? You who's playing around with other girls behind my mom's back? No wonder she died early because of too much sadness and pain that you brought her." I spat back. I know I shouldn't speak like this but I am so mad. How long is he going to do this to me? First was my girlfriend in high school and then now. How long is he going to hunt every girl that I am dating.


"GET OUT! GET OUT OF THIS HOUSE! YOU'RE UNWORTHY!"


I walk out of the study room with his second wife waiting at the living room. She must be eaves dropping. My dad and her never had a child. Seems like she has some problem. I look at her and curve my lips in to a smirk with disgust. I don't like her. No matter how hard she treats me like her own child. I will never like her. She's like the girl who's my dad was talking about. She just want some money and fame. I heave a deep sigh and looks at her in a boring kind of look before I walk out of the foyer and get out of the main door. I didn't bring anything just my wallet at my back pocket and my phone. 

I brushes my hair as soon as I was about of the main gate of the house and huffs some air to cool of my head a little. I know where to go and I know she will be there waiting for me. 

It took me an hour or so before reaching her small apartment. It's a low cost apartment  and I remember we argue about her moving on to a nicer one but she doesn't want. She told me that she's more comfortable in here. I knock on her door a couple of times and no one is answering. I huff and look down checking on my shoes. I turn the doorknob and it was open. Why is it open? I enter inside her house taking off my shoes first before stepping in to the wooden floor. I silently walk pass to the small foyer. My heart beat stops.

My eyes are widen as if it's about to pop out of my eye socket. What's going on? Why is she kissing this guy? I didn't dare to blink and watch them exchange tender kisses. My hands are starting to form in to fist as my nails digging in to my palms. I gritted my teeth in anger. I want to punch that guy so bad. Who is he? Did he force her to kiss him? I launch my fist in to his face. He hold on to the part where I hit him, blood is now visible to his lips. 

"WHO THE ARE YOU?!" I spat.

My eyes are fixated to him all the time when she suddenly step in front of me. Shock. Her hair is disheveled. Her lips is swollen. I look in to her face anger, betrayal and disgust is all I can feel towards her. I didn't speak any word. I don't need any explanation. If I hear it now it'll just make me embarrass the way I punch the guy. I walk out inside her house and slip my feet in to my shoes. 

I wonder around the street not caring who I bump in to. Some got mad and some almost punch me on the face, and ask for a fight but I just walk straight as if I don't care about anyone. I stop on an empty sidewalk and look up in to the sky. Maybe my feet was so tired from too much walking. Where I am right now? I don't know. I don't care. This is not my lucky day and the worst day I ever had most probably. I laugh shortly in disbelief thinking of worst things like running in to the middle of the street and wait for a car to hit me or make a scene by jumping off a tall building and wait for the moment till my bones crack and blood splattered on the wall. I shrug. That's too disgusting. I shake my head in disbelief. Faith isn't with me. I am hopeless. I have nowhere to go. 

It's about to rain. I can feel it on how the clouds looks dark right now and how I can hear the wind blowing in to the trees and brushing off to my face. Seems like the sky is going to cry out with me. I laugh and slowly I feel something cold flowing out my eyes. "This can't be happening." I murmured to myself as tiny drops of water starts to fall out from the sky. I shut my eyes tight and form my hands in to fist, letting my tears mix in with the droplets of rain. It's starting to rain harder and I feel cold. My clothes are already soak but I don't care. I like this feeling. Cold. Empty. I deserve something like this to cool off what I am feeling but suddenly it stopped. 

I slowly open my eyes and look up. A red umbrella? I look in to the corner of my eye and sees a woman chewing something on must be a bubble gum. Her lips are red. Her make up is dark. 

"Annyeong!" She smiled at me.

I just look at her shock at her appearance. She's a strange woman base on the clothes she's wearing. She's wearing a skimpy outfit not a normal one. Her eyelashes are pretty long and she have this thick eyeliner over her eyes. It's pretty. They way it was draw on to her eyes. it is pretty.