We Get a Baby Sister!

And Baby Makes Six~

This chapter's so short.... I'll try to update quickly to make up for it! ^^

 

 

We made it back into the guys' dressing room. JR was already on the phone with social services.

“Yes, sir.... No.... Uhh, no.... She just showed up and no one here's ever seen her before, not even the employees. Yes. Uh...we're pretty sure her name's Ivy; she has a little engraved bracelet that says 'Ivy' on it. Yes.... Yes, okay....”

Aron sat down without letting me go, and began rubbing circles in my back.

“Shh.... Shh, don't cry.... You're alright, I got you.... Aww, it's okay.... It's okay, Princess! Shh....” I couldn't hold it back; I just kept crying into the crook of his neck. I didn't know what else to do.

“Here.... Can she drink from a bottle?” Baekho asked. He held a water bottle to my lips, but I couldn't get my mouth to work like I wanted it to, and the water just went down my shirt. I started crying harder.

“Baekho, you idiot, that's not how you do it!” Minhyun snapped. “Put the cap back on; now give it to me. Here. You take a pin and poke some holes in the top. And...voila! Now she can on it like a baby bottle.” He pulled me into his lap and offered his little invention. “Here you go! Take the bottle, Ivy, take the bottle!”

I looked at him warily before wrapping my lips around it. ...Hey, it actually worked. A little awkward, but I managed to empty out half the bottle before coming up for air. Didn't realize how thirsty I was....

“Ah! That's a good girl!” Minhyun cooed. I heard a few “oohs” and “aws” from the others.

“Hey guys, I just got off the phone with Social Services, Child Protective Services, and Immigration. They went through the Missing Persons database and couldn't find a match; and there are no foreigners living in or visiting Korea right now that fit her description. It's like she came out of thin air.”

“That's kinda creepy....” Ren mumbled. “So what's gonna happen to her?”

“We're gonna have to turn her over to Child Protective Services.”

“What?! No! No way!” Baekho yelled. “We can't just throw her into some foster home like that!”

“Baekho, we don't have a choice. She can't stay with us.” No! I thought. Please don't ship me off to some strangers!

“And why the hell not?!”

“She needs to be living with a registered foster home; it's her best bet for finding her real family right now. That's the law, and there's nothing we can do about it!”

Everyone went silent. Except for me; I was back to crying uncontrollably. Minhyun tried bouncing me on his knee but it was no use.

“Wait....” Aron said. “I think-”

“No, Aron. She has to go with someone else.”

“But I'm a foster parent! I'm registered and everything!”

Everyone looked at him. “...WHAT?!”

“No seriously, you guys! When I turned 18, my parents asked me to do it in case something ever happened to them and my sisters needed somewhere to go!”

“And you never bothered mentioning this before?!” Minhyun snapped.

“I am now, aren't I?!”

“Look, you guys....” JR began. “We've known this baby for less than an hour. And babies are a huge responsibility.... But, if everyone's sure about this....”

“So she can stay?”

JR stared at me.

“...I'll...I'll make a phone call....”

“YAAAAAY!!!!! We get a baby sister!!!” Ren cried.

Yay! I'm not homeless!

 

I knew babies slept a lot, I just never realized how much was 'a lot'. One minute Baekho's throwing me up in the air, the next I'm waking up in his lap in a social worker's office. One minute someone's buckling me into a car seat, the next they're buckling me into a shopping cart.

“Wakey wakey, Ivy~! We gotta go shopping for you~!” Baekho cooed.

“Yeah!” Minhyun added. “We gotta get you a stroller and a crib and a high chair and lots of cute clothes!”

I swear if this guys don't quit it with the baby talk....

We made our way back to the baby supplies. JR and Minhyun took the lead, going down each aisle and debating every option

“What do you think JR? This stroller's only $40, plus it's got all these little compartments.”

“No way, it doesn't have any head support. She's too young; she needs something more solid. This one has support and a little food tray for her!”

“Dude, that's like $200! I really don't know.... What do you guys think? Guys? Guys?”

Minhyun turned around. “Guys! What the hell do you think you're doing?!” he hissed. “Get the hell out of there!!! Now!!!”

I looked and saw a rainbow play pen on display. With three grown- men inside it.

“Aww, come on! We were just testing it out for her!” Aron laughed. “See, look! C'mere, Ivy, c'mere!” He unbuckled me and pulled me into the pen with them.

“Look, Ivy! It's got buttons and lights and a mirror...!”

A mirror. That stopped me dead in my tracks. It was the first time I got to see...the new me. My skin was still fair, but looked pudgy and softer than usual. My eyes were much bigger and my lips were extra pouty. My brown hair fell down to my cheeks in ringlets.

“Aww, she likes the mirror!” Aron smiled. “That's you, princess! Aren't you a pretty girl? Hmm?”

I gotta admit, I was kinda cute. This body might need getting used to, but hey, at least I'm pretty.