Apples Really Aren't So Great

And Baby Makes Six~

 I sat in the crowd, waiting for the event to officially start. Finally, I was gonna meet the one and only Nu'est! I'd literally been waiting years for this moment. These boys were the center of my universe since their debut single FACE. Through good times and bad, these five boys have been a part of my everyday life for over two years. Aron, JR, Baekho, Minhyun, and Ren.... Five separate people, each holding their own special place in my heart. Aron, the jokester, JR, the kind, shy otaku, Baekho, the big brother, Minhyun, the mommy, and Ren, the precious little maknae.

Wait, wait no.... I sound like a crazy sasaeng right now, don't I?! Please believe me, I don't follow idols around or hide under their beds or some . I'm just an average, non-crazy, 18 year old girl from Washington D.C. Who happens to like KPOP. And Nu'est.

I do sound a little crazy though, don't I? I don't know.... it's just...I haven't had the best couple of years, to be honest. My parents died a little over a year ago, and I guess Nu'est has been my rock. I guess whenever a person feels lost or hurt, they try to hold onto something they can rely on. Something that makes them feel good. And Nu'est made me feel good. I listen to their music every day, I've seen every reality show they've ever been on, so it was like watching them grow up alongside me. Like having big brothers that live far away and you never get to see, but of course you still love them.

And I've saved up every penny I could to come visit Korea this summer, and to finally meet Nu'est at this fanmeet. I came here by myself, but I've already had an incredible vacation around Seoul. Now today will officially make this week a dream come true.

The lights , the event was starting. I had a big goofy grin plastered on my face as I saw each member appear in front of the crowd: Aron, JR, Baekho, Minhyun, Ren.... Each one looking more beautiful in person.... *sigh*

The crowd all cheered as Nu'est thanked us for coming out tonight. They bowed and started the event. They played games, sung songs, answered questions (which sadly I was too shy to ask any....), and basically spent an hour and a half goofing off and giving the fans a good time.

It. Was. Awesome.

Now was the best part: The fansigning. Nu'est sat at a long table as we came up one by one and spilled our guts out to them; how much we loved them, how handsome they are, what they each meant to us..... And they listened as best they could and made each one of us feel special.

Or at least, that's how I thought it would go.

Instead, there were time constraints. Tight ones. Ones that only allowed 100 of the more than 250 fans take part, and left the rest to cry and beg and fight past security guards, wanting even just one measly second with the boys they had been waiting for hours to meet.

And guess which group I was in?

Guess.

Guess.

Just you guess.

I'll give you a hint, it ended up with me sobbing and mumbling to myself, hugging my knees, sitting alone outside of the building.

Why the hell didn't I volunteer for the games? Or ask any questions in the interview? I wish I would've just jumped on the stage, gave them each a big cheesy hug, and ran for it. What's the worse they could do, deport me? Do it. Get me a free ride back home.

God dammit....

I sat at the curb for about a half hour trying to pull myself together. It wasn't working. Then suddenly, there was a shadow hovering over me, and I heard a voice.

“Child.... what the hell are you doing...?” I looked up and saw a short, plump lady with heavy jewelry (and even heavier perfume). I could tell she was glaring at me through her thick shades.

“I...I....” I began. I got choked up and started crying again.

“Child...I might be able to help you...IF YOU CAN SHUT UP FOR A SECOND AND TELL ME WHAT YOU'RE DOING.”

I...was surprised, to say the least. But I choked back my tears and managed to tell this woman everything. Everything. Losing my parents, Nu'est, the fanmeet...trying to push a security guard twice my size out the way.... I don't know why, but spilling my guts out to this random ajumma on the side of the road felt...right.

At the end of my story, the lady put her hand on her chin in thought. I stared at her. I wonder what she thinks she could do for me....

“Come with me,” she said bluntly.

“Wait, where are we-” she grabbed me buy the elbow and dragged me back towards the building. But instead of the front doors, she took me around back, through a set of doors labeled DO NOT ENTER-EMPLOYEES ONLY.

“Wait no seriously where are you-”

“Didn't I say you need to shut up, child?!” I zipped my lips.

She marched around this place like she'd been here before. We reached the corner of a main hallway and abruptly stopped. The ajumma lady pulled an apple out of her sleeve (Was that up there this whole time?!), closed her eyes, and started muttering over it. I didn't know what was happening....

Then I heard more muttering. But it wasn't from her. It was coming from down the hall, and it was getting closer. Fast. I dared to peak my head around the corner, and instantly wish I hadn't.

“BAEKHO GIVE IT BACK,” Ren snapped.

“Say, “Hyung, give it back'!”

“HYUNG, GIVE IT BACK.”

Baekho laughed. “Now say “Hyung, please give it back'!”

“GIVE IT BACK YOU ING .”

“Ren, watch your mouth! And Baekho, give him back his Chuckie doll. Now.” JR snapped.

“My...,” the ajumma said. “Don't they have a way with words.”

All five of the members were coming around the corner and this crazy old lady and I had no where to run. Whatever she was doing she need to hurry up with it.

“Look, I don't know what's going on, but if we get caught-”

“DAMMIT CHILD I AM ALMOST DONE. Ungrateful brat. Now here, eat the apple.”

“What?!”

“TAKE IT, NOW. Eat it and it will help you.”

I looked at her suspiciously, and then the apple. How was this apple supposed to fix my problems? What did this have to do with anything right now. What was this, Snow White...?

“DAMMIT GIRL THEY ARE COMING AND IF YOU DON'T TAKE A BITE OUT OF THIS DAMN FRUIT-”

Oh wait. Yes. YES. OF COURSE! Snow White, Disney Princess...NU'EST...! THIS APPLE WILL MAKE ME NU'EST'S STORYBOOK GIRL!!!

MAYBE.

POSSIBLY.

WORTH A SHOT.

I took a bite from the apple; I chomped down as hard and fast as I could. I kept biting and swallowing, waiting to feel the magic happen or some .

WAIT-It was happening! I felt my body warm up. I grew lightheaded and closed my eyes, basking in the comforting glow of whatever this apple was.

And Nu'est was standing right in front of me. I stared at them. They stared at me. Finally, Baekho broke the awkward silence.

“Hey, what's this baby doing here?”

What...?

“I've never seen her before.... Look, she's a white person! Is she American, Hyung?”

“Ren, now how would I know that?”

I looked at my hands. They were really...small. I looked up and saw Nu'est coming towards me. They were really...really...big....

Aron knelt down in front of me.

“Hi, princess~!” Aron smiled. “My name's Aron!”

Yeah, no . I looked around and saw everyone.

Everyone except the ajumma.

“Can you tell me your name? Oh, no, please don't cry! It's okay!” He picked me up (Aron ing picked me up) and started rocking me from side to side.

“Shh.... What's wrong?Whatever it is, I'll make it better! Where's your mommy? Do you want your mommy?”

No, I don't want my 'mommy', and no you can't make it better! Cuz she and my dad are both dead and I'm trapped in this country with nowhere to go and I...I...I really messed up.... Big time....

“Hey, Aron, look at her bracelet,” Minhyun took my wrist gently and held it out to the others. I had never seen that bracelet before, but if they woman could turn me into a baby, I'm sure she could slip a bracelet on me with out even touching me.

“Ee...bee? Is that how you say it?”

Aron glanced over. “Ivy.... Is that your name? Are you Ivy, sweetie?”

I stared at him. His smiler grew even bigger.

“Well, don't you worry Ivy. Aron is gonna make it all better! How about you come back to the dressing room with me and my friends, and we'll get you some water, and we'll sort everything out. Alright?”

I stopped fidgeting and laid against his chest, willing to be taken anywhere, because honestly, what are my other options?

“That's a good girl.... C'mon, let's go!” The group turned back down the hallway, me in tow.

How am I gonna get myself out of this one...?