Kidnapped - BTS's Jungkook - Part One

The One Stop Shop for Oneshots!

Image result for jungkook

Pairing: Jungkook x OC (Laura)

Genre: Drama, Gang!au

Warning: Some swearing

 

Three years ago my family and I moved to our current town, having moved to be closer to my grandparents whose health has seen much better days. With the relocation came new faces, new landmarks, new schools, and a strict plea to never, ever, venture into one particular neighbourhood. The area was supposedly where all the corrupt individuals were. The ones who didn’t particularly care about anyone or anything other than drugs or money; they were the ruthless gangs that when walking down the sidewalk, people would cower away or run back inside their homes.

I followed obediently this particular rule for a short while, until all the mysteries the neighbourhood held deemed it necessary for me to go in search of the answers. Two and a half years ago I found myself travelling into their forbidden land, searching for the evil that apparently resided there. I found none. What I found instead were people ready to protect their families, and would do anything to provide for loved ones. I found people pretending to be scary and intimidating so no one dared to step on their well-earned treasures. I remember smiling to myself, learning once again that people should never be judged for their outward appearance; it’s all smoke and mirrors – an illusion covering the beauty that each person cradles inside.

“What are you thinking about?” A gentle nudge to my shoulder brought my thoughts back to the present time, and I quickly shook my head to rid myself of the lingering nostalgia.

“Just thinking of when I first moved here.”

The loop of memories continued, since it was hard to think about the present without truly appreciating the past events that got me here. Standing beside me was my boyfriend of two and a half years, a special individual that I met when I felt obligated to break a particular rule. I met him and his gang on the streets, while strolling along the sidewalk and just pleasantly enjoying the brisk day. They came up to me that day, reiterating what I have heard countless others say to me: you shouldn’t be here. Unfortunately for them, I was tired of hearing the same pointless warning; one I had already come to realize was baseless and empty. I simply glared at them and with a parting single finger gesture, I kindly told them to off.

We met again later in that same week, for them to apologize and for myself to as well. From that moment on we became close knit friends, to the point I was gladly welcomed into their little family: BTS, as they proudly called themselves. A few short moments after that their youngest, Jungkook, quickly became an integral part of my life. We spent all waking hours together, just enjoying the other’s company, and it soon became something more. With him asking if I would be his girlfriend, and myself undoubtedly agreeing, history was made in the one part of the neighbourhood I was always forbidden to travel.

“Earth to Laura, you’ve gone spacey again.”

“Sorry!” We were supposed to be on a date, even if it was three in the freezing morning. Jungkook’s little mind thought it would be a fun idea to head to a secluded park and have a picnic with the stars as our backdrop. As romantic as it sounded during the day when he had first mentioned it, the cool night air was always better when it was on the outside of a solid building, and I was on the inside under warm blankets.

“What’s got your mind so preoccupied? We’ve already reached the park.” Sure enough we had, and with Jungkook’s chiseled arm draped protectively around my shoulders, he led me just off from the playground.

“Just thinking about how we got to this point.”

“Ah, so you were thinking about me.” His smirk irked me.

“No you , I was just thinking about when I moved, and your crooked neighbourhood, how we met. Just things like that.”

“Admit it; you can’t stop thinking about this fine piece of .”

“I’ll admit you’re going to get kicked in the if you don’t shut it.” My smile radiated innocence, and Jungkook easily broke into an amused chuckle.

“Ok tough girl, whatever you say. Help me set this blanket down and we can get out little date started.”

Jungkook handed over one side of the blanket, and together we managed to settle down into a nice little spot: blanket draped neatly on the cold ground, thermoses of hot chocolate placed delicately in the center, surrounded by little cookies stacked precisely in small containers. To an outsiders’ eye, it may have looked like a childish date, but it was the simplicity that made it charming. Jungkook was a gangster, a feared one along with the rest of s, so something simple and easy was much appreciated to break up his usually hectic and violence filled life. But it was also the usual bickering between the two of us that made everything much more fun.

“You pig! You have crumbs on your mouth. Sheesh can’t take you anywhere without getting yourself dirty.”

“I am a clean and classy gentleman, thank you very much.”

“Sure, says the hot chocolate stain on the collar of your shirt.”

“Damn it!”

Laughter filled the silent air. Nothing at this hour was awake – rightly so – and it made your laughter seem to echo around you and become amplified. However, it wasn’t just your laughter that became a part of the night life either.

“Well look at who we have here.”

Forty minutes. Forty peaceful minutes were easily shattered within seconds by the arrival by one BTS’s rival gangs, The Kings. They were a gang that wanted everything BTS owned and not a penny less. How they started this conflict was beyond me; all I knew was that they definitely weren’t the friendliest.

“Stay behind me.” Before I could comprehend the situation further, Jungkook was already standing strong in front of me, daring his rivals to take even one step closer. I followed in his footsteps - though clumsily - standing from the ground but keeping my space behind Jungkook’s broad back.

“Aw what’s this? Little Kookie and his little girlfriend having a little picnic date. Isn’t that the cutest.” The Kings laughed uproariously as though their leader said the damn funniest joke in the world. I simply rolled my eyes and tried not to scoff, finding their childlike amusement nothing similar to how a gangster was usually perceived.

My eyes then slid over Jungkook while The Kings started to settle down from their obnoxious outburst. His back was flexed and his fists were curled tightly by his sides. I couldn’t see his eyes, but I could only imagine the burning fire and hatred within them. He resembled a tiger at that moment, ready at a split second to pounce on his pray and sink sharp teeth into waiting flesh. If I knew anything about Jungkook, or any of BTS for that matter, it was that they were extremely protective. On any given day, they were absolute sweethearts, enjoying life and all that they were thankful enough to receive. It was the moment something precious of theirs was threatened that their dark demeanour surfaced; they didn’t let anyone get away with hurting one of their own.

“Get out of here. You don’t want to start anything.” Jungkook’s voice had dropped into a deep growl. Had I not heard it before, the animalistic quality would have been sure to spook me, but living with members of a gang made it easier to become accustomed to certain qualities. I looked over to the group leisurely standing in front of us, gauging their reaction to the given command.

“Or what? You stupid fool, don’t you realize you’re out numbered? We can deal with you, and leave with your little girlfriend there. She seems like a nice play toy.”

The members agreed with their leader’s words, ogling at me and chuckling as dirty thoughts undoubtedly swirled through their simple minds. I didn’t realize it could have been possible, but at that moment Jungkook became even more tense and demonic.

“Touch her and I’ll kill you all.”

“Outnumbered remember? Man you’re stupid.”

With that, chaos ensued. Without warning, the leader figured it was the opportune moment to attack first, lunging straight at Jungkook with a howl of anger and loathing. I stumbled back before the two men had a chance to collide into me, instead meeting with the cold hard ground underneath. I kept moving back distancing myself slowly from the mess happening in front of me, but my eyes were moving faster than my legs. They continuously darted around, unquestionably looking bug eyed and frantic. I was attempting to keep everyone in my line of sight, determined to not get myself in any troubling situation that would distract Jungkook from the fight he became occupied with.

Unfortunately my good intentions vanished as soon as I backed up into a large chest, and a rumbled snicker diffused into my back. I froze for a second, cursing in my head at the unfortunate turn of events that I found myself in. The next second though, I attempted moving forward, distancing myself now from the evil beast looming behind me. As Jungkook was throwing punches and dodging them as well, I was attempting to dodge the two thick arms that were grabbing at me, intending to take me hostage.

“Get away from me!” It was on instinct that I yelled, desperately trying to defend myself in the only way I thought how. I couldn’t really fight, and any efforts would have been pointless against a ruthless gangster, so I yelled and continued to back up. Unfortunately though, my desperate pleas only distracted Jungkook, and not the man whom it was intended for.

“AH!”

I whipped my head around to the unmistakable voice coming from my boyfriend. I realized instantly that he became distracted by my screeching, turning his head away from his attacker to look for me and ensure my safety. At the same time though, the ring leader of The Kings took the given opportunity to throw a punch squarely on Jungkook’s jaw, making him fall unceremoniously to the floor. My eyes widened in horror, and my mind whirred at the realization that everything was quickly falling in favour of the enemies.

By the time Jungkook was staggering to his feet, I was now fully in the possession of The Kings, and I was desperately wishing the scene unfolding in front of me would vanish as though it was all just a nasty dream that I had yet to wake from.

“JUNGKOOK, HELP ME!”  As I was forcefully being dragged away, Jungkook was frantic to get steady on his feet and come after me. However, the leader ensured his inability to be my savior, as a swift kick to the gut and another to the ribs momentarily incapacitated him.

I struggled as best I could, but the strength of three men was no match for mine, and I was easily shoved into the back of a nearby truck. I heard faintly the transfer between Jungkook and the main leader as I sat glaring at my captors,

“Let her go you bastard.”

“Sorry Kookie, looks like your time with her is up. Don’t worry I’ll take good care of her.”

“Leave her out of this. She has nothing to do with our business.”

“She’s been a part of this ever since you two love birds started dating. Now she’ll be just for me.”

I heard nothing after that except for my erratic breathing, and even then I was trying to calm it down. Short moments later the driver side door creaked open, revealing the leader of the monsters that had surrounded me even in the small vehicle. He smiled at me through the rear view mirror and I became instantly disgusted.

“Let me go you freaks.”

“Oh sweetheart you aren’t going anywhere. We are going to take you home with us and have some fun.”

“Oh are we going to play with some legos, you stupid children.” I knew it was against better judgement to be this rude to a gang, but I was distressed and my irrational brain was coming to the forefront. It was clear that it wasn’t taken well by anyone in the gang, and the leader was quick to show his dislike to my outburst.

“Someone shut her up please.”

With that I felt a sharp jolt to the side of my head, before the dark van became even darker.

 

*****

 

Jungkook was struggling to stand to his feet, feeling the weight of a thousand boulders pressing into his back and shoulders, wanting him to stay moulded with the dirty ground. Gripping his side and wincing with each step, Jungkook walked to the edge of the park and looked around, attempting to get any sort of clue as to where his precious girlfriend may have gone. With no one in sight he soon lost hope and grabbed his cell phone to call for his friends.

After a short but urgent conversation, Jungkook ended the call and heavily sat down on the curb of the sidewalk, waiting with head in hands for his friends to come get him. He let out a heavy sigh, his breath mingling with the cold wispy air. He wasn’t one to cry, but he came close to allowing tears to stroll down his cheeks. He didn’t understand how a simple date could go so wrong so fast. Looking up into the dark night sky, with now less stars than at the beginning of the night, Jungkook prayed for the first time in his life that his girlfriend would be safe and not harmed too badly.

By the time ten minutes passed, Jungkook was getting antsy and his foot was tapping hastily on the pavement. Time was wasting away and he knew the longer he was sitting there on the cold, rough ground, the more time The Kings were allowed to do unspeakable things. Before he could become even more restless, screeching tires brought him to his feet and he jumped in through the open side door before the car even came to a quick halt.

“We have to find her!” Jungkook broke into a worried mess in the car, desperate to burn rubber and save his girlfriend. The anxiousness of every person filled the van and made the car ride tense and uncomfortable. Fortunately they knew where The Kings had their hideout, so Jin who took the role of driver, quickly sped off in the correct direction.

Twenty minutes later, everyone was ready to jump out of the van, but a shrill ring from Jungkook’s phone made every single person pause.

Did you make it to our hideout? “  It was the leader of The Kings, his voice making Jungkook’s blood boil to unimaginable levels.

“How did you get this number?” The animalistic growl was back in Jungkook’s voice and he hated how at that moment he couldn’t teleport through the phone and strangle everyone in his sight.

How do you know I didn’t beat it out of her?”

“You’re going to regret ever taking her and messing with BTS.”

Oh I’m so scared. By the way, you aren’t going to find us where you are.”

“What?” Jungkook easily became confused by the statement and hastily motioned for his fellow members to take a quick look around the building. As they started off he heard the next sentence that made his boiling blood quickly run cold,

We went somewhere else, didn’t want to make it that easy for you.” 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________-

A/N: Request done for Taemins_LittleNoona! Thanks for requesting dear. This is part one.........part two is coming soon! :) Happy reading everyone!