006

Seatbelt?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How come they called you and not Chanyeol?” Lay asks from the passenger seat as they tear through the streets of Seoul to get to the hospital. Luhan’s car is right behind, risking every light to get to the hospital at the same time as his friends.

“They tried, he wouldn’t answer his phone and I was down as the second contact. I’ll ring him when we’ve seen Baek.”

The arrival to the hospital involves two screeching cars and a frustratingly slow parking ticket machine, which eventually lets them run inside after five minutes, since they agreed to go in together. Seven of them wait in the familiar waiting room, whilst Jongin and Sehun venture into Baekhyun’s room. Jongin knocks on the door quietly, opening it just as carefully as if the boy inside will break.

As the two walk in and shut the door, Baekhyun looks at them. There’s no greeting, no smile, just a look. Like a confused one, but more subtle. He stares. And stares. And stares.

“Baek?” Sehun whispers, again treating the boy like a deer that will bolt if he’s too rough. Although by the looks of it, he couldn’t run away if he wanted to. His face is healed up and his bandages have lessened, but he still looks weak. They don’t get an answer to the whisper, so Sehun tries again. “How are you feeling?”

Again, no answer. The glare intensifies and the patient’s eyes quint at the pair pupils flickering between both of them as he cranes his neck forward. It’s almost as if he’s going to sniff the air in a second. A minute of more intense staring follows, prompting Jongin to try.

“How are you doing buddy?” Baekhyun’s gaze fixes on him, scanning his face for clues. “We’ve missed you.”

Once again, the only response is another glare. It’s a glare of confusion, and then it hits Sehun.

“You don’t remember us, do you?” he whispers, mostly to himself and his best friend next to him. Jongin seems horrified, but then puts on a brave face and pretends he isn’t absolutely heartbroken by the news.

Then finally, it speaks. And points, apparently. “Jongin. And Sehun.” Then he claps his hands together and that stupid grin goes across his face, his face settling into a comfortable one as he gets

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter