009

Seatbelt?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yeah Sehun, get your head out of my junk!” Baek shouts loudly, making Jongin stifle a giggle. 

“I can’t,” he groans as he attempts to shift back to his seat, “My hair’s stuck in your seatbelt!”

“Well then I’m getting up, because there’s no way we’re staying like this for the next ten minutes.”  

Baek makes a move to unclip his seatbelt too, before their manager stops him with his booming voice that once again echoes throughout the van for the second time in the same minute. “Byun Baekhyun, stay sat down. We’ve just got on a bumpy road, keep your belt on.”

“But manager hyung, I’ll only be quick I swear. We could pull over?”

The manager sighs. “Fine, but I’ll pull over first. If I kill you boys, there’s no way the big SM cheese wouldn’t have my head for breakfast.”

The van is steered to a halt on the side of the busy road, stopping the engine before Baekhyun unclips the belt quickly and waits for Sehun to move. It would seem that the maknae has shifted and gotten comfortable, sprawled across the two boys. Their singer doesn’t feel that Sehun should get to sleep if he woke him up, so in a flash move, he stands up and flings the blonde haired boy onto the floor, standing with a victorious smile on his face.

“Ha.”

A bright light envelops the insides of the van, only a split second before it is suddenly thrown sideways. Right into the wall they parked next to, meaning it flips onto it’s side. The four boys that stay securely on their seats are only tossed about a bit, but Sehun was laid on the floor. His body rolls through the air into the window before it hits the floor, smashing the glass that sticks into his skin before he blacks out from the pain and the shock. Baekhyun’s body was standing up at the time of impact, so as the van goes to the left, his body is thrown like a doll to the right and he hits the opposite window to Sehun, smashing that like the left side before him. His head hits the metal wall, whilst one of his arms goes through the window which is then converted to the new roof, so he goes falling from one side of the van to the other and lands on the smashed glass. His brain takes an extra moment to quit on him, so he lies there thinking about what happened. Is he dead? Is this a dream? Is it a prank? His head hurts and he’s got blood gushing from numerous places, not to count all of the spots on his body that feel like they’re on fire.

All of a sudden he can hear Kyungsoo’s voice calling for Jongin, then Suho’s voice arises as well as Jongin’s. But where is Chanyeol’s soothing, deep voice? There’s a quick thump on the ground where the window used to be next to Baekhyun’s head, but he can’t open his eyes. They seem to be glued shut, like there’s something preventing him from looking at the love of his life. Like someone’s going Hey there, so here’s the deal. We’re going to toss you about a bit and break a few bones, then to tip it off, you’re not going to see your lover before you go. How’s that sound?

“Chanyeol, you could be hurt!” Suho shouts with anger in his voice and Baek suddenly feels very, very light headed, feeling the unconsciousness slipping over him like a blanket.

“I don’t give a about me,” is the last thing Baekhyun hears before his mind gives up on him. At least he was the last thing in his mind.

- -

Chanyeol’s laid peacefully in his bed, this being one of the nights that he doesn’t have nightmares from the second he drops to sleep. Perhaps that’s due to the presence of the boy in his arms, chest flat to the boy’s back. Chan’s arms are protectively hugging his hyung to his front, promising him he’ll never let him go again. He just wants the boy to be perfectly safe, so he’s disturbed when a kick to his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter