Not too close

Blueberry ((closed))

I looked back at Leo that sat behind me. I had been working as a make up artist for Vixx for two weeks now. Before, I'd been working as a private stylist, but when I heard that Vixx had stylists from a special company,I decided to show my interest. And then later, one of the stylists quitted her job, and I got in. 

The first days of my new job were thrilling and I couldn't wait until I got to meet my boyfriend. Leo.

But as the days went by, and Leo made no try of approaching, I couldn't do much... I sighed as I turned my attention to the boy in front of me. 

 "So I was thinking that since the AD said it was cold, but still romantic winter-theme, I decided that we should put some white here in your hair..." I said and tried to explain for the boy in front of me what he should expect. 

 "Ken." The boy in front of me said.

 "What?" I asked confused and stared blank at him. 

 "My name. I'm Ken." He said with a smile. 

 "Oh." I said, not only a little a bit embarrassed over forgetting the name of the one I was styling. Sure I'd seen him on tv before, but my eyes had always been on Leo. Nearly two years of dating secretly...

 "How's it going Inna?" My older cousin, the AD that had asked his client if I could help too, asked. I was the only one of Vixx stylists that was there together one other stylist. 

 "Pretty good thanks!" I said with a smile and turned to him. "So, I was thinking of spraying some white in Ken's hair to make it a little more... Well, wintery you know" I said. 

 "That sounds good." He said and looked at Ken. "Could you please do a little more blue on the edge of his eyelids?" He asked me and pointed at Ken. 

 "Sure boss." I said in a playful tone. My cousin just shook his head and ruffled my hair as I stuck my tongue out. 

 "You two sure looks close." Ken said to me as I turned to him again. "Boyfriend?" He asked.

 "What? Me and Myungsoo?" I asked amused as I began to laugh. "No, he's my cousin." I said and begun to think of Leo and had to resist the urge to turn around and look at him. "Oh, and I'm Inna by the way." I said with a smile. 

 "Oh!" Ken said with a smile which made me wonder if maybe was hitting on me. Ah. Probably not. I thought and returned the smile. 

 "Let's fix the blue first, okay?" I said. 

 "Yeah, sure boss." He said and we both begun to laugh again. 

 

The photo shoot lasted for serval hours with single photos, and group photos taken together with different clothes from the designer. Even if only Leo, Ken and Hyuk were the ones doing the photos, it still was a very tiring job. Lucky me, both Ken and Hyuk tried to light the mood up as much as possibly, and the photographer turned out to be really good at rock, paper, scissor.

I looked at Leo. Kim Inna, try to approach him! He's your boyfriend! Do something! I thought to myself when we were going to say our goodbye's, and head home after a long day. 

 "Leo." I begun when I saw him leaving with the other members to head to their dorm. He turned around and looked at me. 

 "Yeah?" He asked with no hint of trying to do something. 

 "Well, I was wondering if you'd like to do something later..." I said to him and felt how I began to blush for no reason. 

 "Oh... I'm sorry, but I'm pretty tired now. Another day, Inna?" He asked me and I plastered on a smile. 

 "Of course you are! How silly of me..." I said and tried to not show my disappointment. "Yeah, let's meet another day." I said and turned to Leo and smiled as he smiled back and walked out of the room. Tomorrow for sure, I thought and tried to focus on all the happy moments we'd spent together. Trying to not feel the wall that suddenly had appeared between us.

 

The day after that, Vixx had a big concert pretty close to Busan. I'd been watching Leo go up on the stage and rehears the concert, and also doing a sound cheek. I couldn't believe how I still got starstruck whenever I saw him perform. Of course I didn't love him only because he was from a kpop band. I loved him because he didn't judge people because of their appearance. Because of how lovely and cute he could be at times when we were alone. Playing piano, and going outside to play a sport together. How I miss those times... I thought and looked at the clock. It was less than an hour left until the concert would star. 

I looked around the room. Where are you? I thought for myself as I wondered where Leo could be. I turned around on the spot and then suddenly I saw him going into the staffs room. I hurried after him and saw him standing inside the room alone. 

 "Leo?" I said. He turned around when he heard my voice, and then stood there quiet. "I wanted to ask you something..." I said and began walking towards him. He nodded his head as an answer and I swallowed hard. "How about going out later and eating together?" I asked him and crossed my fingers. 

 "I don't know..." He said and looked away.

 "Why oppa?" I demanded to know. "We never do anything together anymore since I began working here." I took a deep breath. "Don't you want me here? Why not saying it straight to my face then?!" I took a calming breath and looked up at Leo.

 "Can't you just stop it? Don't you understand that I don't want you here?!" Leo then suddenly said to me in a loud voice. I felt my eyes sting as I suppressed the tears that wanted to fall. 

 "Leo... I-" I begun to say, but got cut of by Leo's harsh voice.

 

 "-No. Just, please. Don't say anything more." He looked at me and then turned around to the door. 

 "45 minutes left!" A young boy with a huge headset shouted as he opened the door and stuck his head inside the room. 

 "Okay. Thanks." Leo said to the boy that immediately rushed outside. He turned to me once again, and then he turned around and walked outside. I fought the tears back with all my might, but couldn't stop two of them falling. I hurried to brush them away, and took twenty deep breaths before I opened the door too and went outside. The show must go on. I thought for myself, and plastered a fake smile on my face.

 

The minutes became hours, the hours became days. We still hadn't talked to each other again since the concert, and with the last concert approaching, my heart felt like a rock. Ken had somehow understood what had happened, and tried to comfort me whenever he could. 

 "I really like you, Inna. But if your heart is with someone els, I can't do anything." He said one day when I was feeling down. 

 "We all thought that Leo had a girlfriend", N also had said to me. "He always smiled after looking down on his phone, and he never allowed us to as much as touch it." 

 "Yeah, and he also made sure that we all stayed away from you when you first arrived here. And when Ken mentioned you, he became grumpy in less than a second, and began muttering things." Hyuk also had mentioned once. It filled me with a small happiness knowing that Leo cared for me, even if he didn't always show it. 

 

 "Let's go to a karaoke club." Ken suddenly said one day. 

 "Should I ask everyone els too?" I asked, and felt stupid when I saw how Ken looked a bit sad by me inviting the others too. 

 "Let me do it." He said instead with a smile, and took up his phone. "How about tomorrow night 20:30? We're done with the broadcast event then, and it would be nice to celebrate a little." Ken continued and showed me a flyer with a picture of a karaoke club on it. 

 "That sounds good!" I said and took a photo of the flyer that Ken held in his hand. "I need to go now-" I said to Ken after taking the picture.

"-but let's talk more tomorrow?" I said with a smile. 

 "Sure!" Ken called back, and then we both walked away. I thought of Ken as I hurried away from the scene. It nearly felt like I was using him. I loved Leo. You know he didn't mean to yell... I thought for myself as I looked down on the floor. He just seems rough sometimes because he's stressed... I tried to calm myself. 

 

I knocked at the door in front of me. Nervously I waited two seconds before opening it. Who more did you invite, Ken? I thought worried as I looked inside the room. Hyuk, Ken, Ravi, Hongbin, N and one boy and a girl, who's names I'd forgotten, turned when I looked inside the room. 

 "Hi." I said nervous and sat down on the couch next to Ravi. Everyone smiled back at me and said "hi" back, and then we all sat quiet in a very awkward silence. 

 "Perfect! I think Leo will be here in any moment." Ken then said to break the silence and looked at me. Oh my. I only had few seconds to calm down before I heard the door open.

I looked up at Leo that walked into the room. My heart begun to beat faster as I watched him, but I couldn't stop thinking of the small pain that I also felt when I looked at him. I turned to face Ken that smiled at me. He took my hand and gave it a fast tug. It made me feel somewhat safer, but I still didn't dare to look at Leo. We were still officially a couple, and I didn't want two years of something, to transform to just nothing yet. Even if I end up hurting more, I'd fight 'til the last second. I looked up at Leo and rose from the sofa. Iopened the door and deeply hoped for him to follow as I walked a few meters from the door. I closed my eyes, and opened them again when I heard the door open. Turning around to face the person I only thought of one thing. Please let it be Leo. 

I looked up at the person in front of me and saw a famililar face. 

 "Leo..." I said but stopped when I realized that I didn't know what to say. He took my hand I looked down at our intertwined hands.

 "I'm sorry for what I said before..." He said while holding my right hand in a gentle grip. I closed my eyes for a brief second and then opened them. 

 "Then why?" I asked confused. I was still hurt from what he'd said before, and listening to him now, didn't make it any better. 

 "I just... I guess I took you for granted, and that I became worried with other people looking at you too." Leo sighed. "I know that I'm a bad boyfriend. I was scared that if you would be this close to me everyday, you would see that I'm not that perfect. And that you would find someone better than me. But you mean so much to me. And I totally understand if you like Ken more than me. It just that I-" he begun but I cut him of by placing a finger on his lips.

 "But you're the one I love. Leo, I love you." I said and felt my heart beating crazy fast, and my stomach doing flips. I looked up at him and removed my finger, but Leo immediately took my hand and held it in a soft grip next to his face. I knew Leo really didn't like skinship that much, so him holding me this close were like once in a life time. I melted at his bare touch and I felt how I fell more in love.

 "I love you too," he whispered next to my hand. Suddenly he embraced me and held me tight. I could feel his heart beating next to mine. "I really love you, Inna." He then said and took both his hands and placed them on my cheeks. He carefully kissed my lips and the moment seemed so perfect that I never wanted it to end. I love you too, Leo. I thought as I kissed him back. I love you.

 

 

A/N: I'm sorry it took longer than I thought it would. I had some *ehrm* depressing moments in my life...

I also had like 10 different endings in mind, only three of them were happy... Heheh ^,^''' I hope you liked the story ~! 

 

P.s Oh! And if you didn't know, AD means Art Director, which means that you're basically working with advertising, ex. photoshopping. ^^