Sudden

One Night to Forever

Sungkyu's POV 

 

"What's wrong with you?" i asked the kid Woohyun who still seems to be wandering somewhere ever since we arrived.

 

"Nothing."

 

I just let the guy be as we arranged our stuff in the cabinets. They have a walk-in closet now. How nice, right? They'll be residing on the top floor of the building. 4 units are on the top floor. 15 floors total. Technically there were 16 floors. The top floor occupies 2 floors since it is loft-type -2 rooms upstairs, 1 room downstairs, then the kitchen, balcony and living room. The living room is overlooking the golf course. The other side is facing the city. Our room also has a balcony.

 

"Hyung, manager hyung said a popular idol group is also residing here. They’re the ones occupying the unit across the unit beside us." 

 

"Who?"

 

"Manager hyung also doesn't know. I guess we'll see them a lot since we're on the same floor."

 

"Who's occupying the one beside us?"

 

"It's the daughter of the building's owner. I heard that her family migrated so they sold their old house and decided to occupy one of the units here."

 

"Well that makes sense. But why was she left if they migrated."

 

"I heard (again? Hahaha. Our Woohyun is very nosy eh?) that she has to finish her school first."

 

"Wah... You really know a lot of things... Hahaha"

 

"Well that's me hyung... Hahaha"

 

We continued arranging all our clothes in the drawers and hang some of it. This is really nice.

 

Dara's POV 

 

"Neh. Can you please bring the documents in my unit later so i can sign them? Yeah. Thanks Hyejin-ssi."

 

The building manager just called me to say that the new border bas moved in and he needs me to sign the documents. The rental has been settled too. The rental is by post-dated cheques so it is easily managed. To be honest, the employees in the building are really reliable so i only need to check the balances of all rentals and fix everything that needs to be paid for taxes, admin stuff and such. I still has to go to school for another semester but i doubt my family would allow me to follow them in America. They want me to manage the whole thing alone.

 

I was supposed to debut with 2ne1 as the 4th member but my father really opposed the idea to the point of attempting suicide. Even YG Sajangnim was not able to do anything. My father just wanted me to finish school first. He said that once i have a diploma, i can do anything i want. I guess it was due to the fact that he and my mom never even got into college but just got lucky with real estate. He said he didn't want to take any chances and he didn't want his 3 children to suffer the same thing my mom and him suffered. I never get to understand why he insisted I'll be left behind though. I can always transfer to a school in the US but he decided against it.

 

I am now fixing all the groceries i got. I'm fixing up some pasta for the 4 of them tonight. She'll just prepare the ingredients first because the girls won't be here till midnight. I decided to fix a sandwich and juice for my lunch, juice and a bag of chips. She decided to eat it at the balcony to relieve her stress. 

 

Looking at something green always relieves eyes from strain. My corner is facing the golf course and the other side faces the city where the path walk is too. Bigbang is just across her unit. They could have taken the one beside her but they said that the quiet doesn't suit them that much. Besides, Jiyong doesn't seem to want to see her that much. Jiyong is her ex-boyfriend. They broke up when she learned about the model Kiko Mizuhara. They still lasted 3 years. They could've gone longer if he hasn't cheated. They've managed to save their friendship although not like before. It's for the sake of their friends, bigbang and 2ne1. 

 

She remembered the days she was training with YG. She went against her parents. They didn't want her to join and said she'll just waste her life away like that. I never wanted to study. Bigbang just debuted then and Jiyong and i were on our 2nd year. I am training and he debuted. On our 3rd year, they have to stay in Japan for 3 months. When he came back, he was never the same again. He was the kid in our relationship, always wanting to receive text of sweet nothings or me visiting while he is recording, hugging him out of nowhere. He got cold. He started getting annoyed with my nosiness. He didn't want me visiting while he's recording as he's saying it's burdensome. Then on our 3rd anniversary, news broke out about her and Kiko being seen on a date of what sort. I didn't believe it and i tried to talk to him. We got on a 'date' and he told everything then. After that i didn't attend any practices. I cried for a week when i went home to my family. They were really worried at that time. I never accepted any call from 2ne1 or Bigbang. YG himself even came. That's when i decided to quit singing and follow my family's wishes. Sajangnim understood and just offered to sign me up as an actress. I declined.

 

They tried to talk me out of it but i just told them that the idol life is too complicated for me. It's now 4 years since and i don't have any regrets. I've seen how successful my friends were. Yeah Jiyong and i are still friends. I have 5 months to go. Sajangnim's offer still stands. He said i got offers for drama series and modelling for makeup brands among them. 

 

She heaved a deep sigh as she looked out the golf course. She got up after finishing her food and went in.

 

Sunggyu's POV 

 

I was drinking water and was trying to breathe some fresh air from the balcony when i noticed a woman from the unit next to ours. She seems to be deep in thought. I just stood their gazing; silently hoping that she's the girl from last night. Her dark hair, her physique is all the same but he can't be sure. He waited patiently. After finishing her food, she stood up and went inside. The moment she turned, her hair covered her face as she looked down. I just sighed in frustration. Will i ever see her again? Just then the door opened again and i almost broke my neck when i snapped my head to look. She stood there with eyes so wide, they’re about to pop out from their sockets. 

 

 

"Ye-yeah! M-ma'am, I'll be going now." and just like that she disappeared and there seems like running from the other unit.

 

I woke up from my trance and ran towards our door to chase her after realizing she's about to leave.

 

Ma'am? So she doesn't live there. Perhaps she's only visiting. Will she ever come back? Just as when he opened their door, he saw their elevator closing. He took the stairs to catch her but to his disappointment; she's nowhere to be found when he reached the ground floor. Aisht! How can that girl be so fast.

 

I decided to go back up. It will be rude to just go to the next unit and ask. Aigoo... This is really frustrating. How can they meet for the 2nd time (3x for dara) in a day and still manage to miss each other. Ai, this must be fate.

 

NOTES:

I'll treat you to 3 updates instead for today. lol!!!