The Letter H

Affection for the Pure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan was introduced to the pack formally a week after he had been taken it. He had seen most of the members before - he especially adored motherly Kyungsoo who seemed to enjoy taking care of others; and Sehun, of course, who was beyond gentle and patient, almost as if he had been trusted to take care of a precious flower and was unsure on how to cut it in fear of it wilting. 

With a soft sigh, the omega tugged at the hem of the shirt he was wearing. It hugged his small form perfectly,almost reaching his knees. It was a pale blue color, complementing his hair well. Nervously, he glanced at his mate, blushing lightly when the alpha grinned at him in encouragement.

"They love you already. Just smile and be adorable. You don't have to do much for that." he remarked cheekily, planting a brief kiss on the small boy's cheek. However, he grew more serious as he grabbed Luhan's tiny hands, holding them tightly yet with care: he wouldn't want to crush the petit omega's bristle bones."You are a strong one, Lu. So don't be scared. No one here would even think of harming you. I know that it must be frightening to meet your new pack, but you have to be brave."

"I know.." Luhan's answer was quiet as he once more sank his sharp little teeth into his rosy lips, drawing some scarlet blood out of the sheer fear coursing through his entire body. His mate's pack or not, he couldn't calm his timid heart's vivid flutters: he was far too petrified for that.

And yet, as calloused palms cupped his cheeks and a deep voice coaxed him to relax, to inhale, then exhale, he felt himself do just that suddenly, flushed cheeks glistening with sweat as tiny pants escaped him, eager for the sweet, sweet oxygen to feel his starved lungs. Luhan didn't even notice how he had forgotten to breathe and now, he was drowning in it, eyes half-shut and lips parted.

"Stop worrying, it makes me do the same..." Sehun murmured softly, his slender fingers digging into the smaller wolf's long hair. He played with the silky, orange strands gently, curling them before letting them fall back to where they belonged. 

"Sorry..." Luhan apologized breathlessly minutes later, his tiny fists having found their temporary home in his mate's T-shirt, clutching the dark material as if his life depended on it."I'm just scared because they may not like me..." he admitted the obvious, cheeks turning an even brighter shade of crimson.

"Love, there is no way they won't love you. I've told you before, and not once or twice: you have met them already, and they all love you. Haven't Baekhyun begged you to go shopping for his pup with him and the others? This little meeting is purely because it is customary to have one's mate introduced to their pack formally, just so everyone knows that from now on, they - both the alpha and omega - are claimed." The alpha was smiling gently even if his mate's emotions were making him uneasy. As those whose necklaces were literally made for each other, they would usually long to be in their destined one's pack as well, and would get on well with the others - both alphas and omegas. However, while this seemed to work on the pack's side - they were supposed to be as accepting as they were right now, after all - it seemed like that something was bothering Luhan, making him unable to rely on his instincts.

"I...I know but still. I'm just scared of being sent away, that's all.." Luhan whispered meekly, clenching his fists a little."Sorry for... for being like this." he muttered, repeating himself for the umpteenth time.

"Little one, just calm down." Sehun said with a low sigh as he pressed his nose into the flustered boy's hair, inhaling his scent."It will be over in a moment. Just smile and chat with them, okay?"

Luhan nodded, clinging to his mate tightly as finally, they made their way to the living room when the entire pack - consisting of bulky alphas and tiny omegas - sat, the fire of anticipation wild in their eyes.

"Finally." Baekhyun exclaimed with a grin, his hand on his swollen stomach as he watched as the small boy made his way to the middle of the room, obediently following his mate.

"He's so shy...I wonder if our pup will be like him..." Chanyeol whispered lowly, pulling the smaller male closer to him."He doesn't seem very happy to be here." he remarked bluntly albeit he had nothing against the young boy. Only, he couldn't quite understand why he was so distant when facing all of them like this: just a day before, they had raided the kitchen to make chocolate muffins. Almost everyone had been there, except for Sehun - who had to plan how they would return to their home, the forest -  and Kyungsoo, who had been down with a nasty case of stomach flu for a few days by then.

Luhan had seemed so careful at that time, his eyes gleaming like stars. He had even tease Baekhyun quietly when the other complained about how their muffins didn't look too good. 

And now, the meek omega was quivering like a leaf, never lifting his gaze from the floor.

"Everyone, this is my mate," Sehun said, a proud smile on his lips. He looked undeniably happy, eyes filled with adoration towards the small boy he held so tenderly."I trust that you will, from now on, treat him as you would treat me, your leader. With respect and love." he said before slightly bowing his head. Everyone else - except for clueless little Luhan who had seemed to have forgotten what to do - bowed as well, showing their acceptance towards their new member - and brother."His ceremony's date is undecided," the alpha continued, his grip visibly tightening on the tiny creature in his arms," and for now, I'd rather you not think so much about that matter. I have decided on going with the flow for now."

Luhan just stood there, looking at everyone nervously. Kyungsoo - who seemed quite pale, but better than before - was grinning at him madly, one hand on his stomach. Somehow, the small boy knew what he meant instantly and finally; he allowed his lips to curl into bright smile. Jongin was looking at him intently as well, a certain fondness in his eyes. Just by his stance - one hand wrapped protectively over his mate's waist, fingers tapping on the other's stomach lightly - it was obvious to the small omega that he knew already.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun were the same, both looking overjoyed as they eyes their new pack-mate lovingly.

And as his gaze nervously shifted from wolf to wolf - omega, alpha, beta and so on, again and again - he had to realize that his fears had been irrational. Everyone was looking at him in glee, obviously happy to have him there. 

With a soft huff, he finally bowed a little before hugging his mate tightly, nuzzling his nose in the alpha's chest."Thank you, thank you, thank you..." he murmured again and again, his small form finally relaxing fully, not even bothered by the watchful eyes of Sehun's - and now, his, too - pack.

*****

"Are you sure I can do it?" Luhan asked, gaze anxiously shifting from Baekhyun's face to his swollen stomach, again and again."I mean...your baby is in there and..." he rambled softly, cheeks flushed a deep shade of scarlet. The other omega had asked him if he would like to introduce himself to the baby boy that was growing in his stomach. It was, just like the introduction to one's pack, a custom. Pretty much, the wolves showed their love with this to the youngest, unborn members of their pack.

However, Luhan hadn't been through the ceremony yet. He didn't even know what it was as Sehun refused to speak about it. It seemed like the leader had forbidden everyone else to mention it as well. And still, everyone treated the tiny omega like he belonged to them already. It made him overjoyed to know that there were people who actually cared for him.

"Lu, just do it!" Baekhyun sniggered lightly, interrupting the boy's worried thoughts as he ruffled his fluffy hair"Just say hi to the baby and wait for him to kick. I'm sure he'll love you." he soothed softly.

Slowly, Luhan nodded as he reached out slowly lay his hand on the other's stomach, gaping in surprise when he felt a strong kick against his palm."Hi." he whispered softly, biting into his lower lip."I'm Luhan. I'm the leader's mate..." he said in a whisper, even if he knew that he looked somewhat infantile, talking to himself.

"I think he's more than happy to meet you." Baekhyun sang as the baby kicked once more, surprising Luhan again."I'm glad you're here for Sehun." he added more seriously as he moved to hug the boy shortly."We've never seen him this happy before." he added.

"I'm happy, too." Luhan admitted quietly."But I'm scared, Baekhyun. I mean... I love being here and I don't want to leave but... Somehow I'm scared that something bad will happen or that you will decide to throw me out one day. I... I've never belonged to a pack before..." before he knew it, he was whimpering softly, tears already sliding down his cheeks."I was thrown out for being born as an omega." he added almost soundlessly. He didn't even know why he was suddenly talking so much, especially someone who he still barely knew."I never knew the life I am living now and I'm scared that you will abandon me, too...just like my parents did."

"Aw, sweetheart.." Baekhyun cooed quietly as he rubbed the tiny omega's back, wishing to take away his worries, even if that wasn't possible yet. He had suspected that something like this had happened to the pup, it was just obvious by the way he acted around other wolves. Some of the greater packs preferred to only keep the stronger pups, believing that it made them stronger. In actuality, in the long run it didn't as they threw out many of those who were able to bear children. While female wolves weren't a rarity, it was a well-known fact that those who were alphas or betas weren't too fond of raising children: they preferred hunting to taking care of others.

Baekhyun found it disgusting as he couldn't even imagine not having tiny replicas of himself and Chanyeol.

"You do know that just because they acted like that doesn't meant that everyone hates you, right?" he asked softly as he bent down to peck the tiny boy's hair."We all love you already, and this means that we will never let you go. Sometimes, there will be times when we will fight, and there will be times when you will want to hide, to run away, but it happens to all of us, lil' one. You are but a child with a horrible past. And we will all help you to get over it."

"Thanks..." Luhan sniffed, quickly wiping away his tears."Sorry, just... this is so new to me."

"Of course it is!" Chanyeol's booming laugh made both omegas stiffen at first as they hadn't noticed him entering the living room."You just arrived, pup." he added and pulled the two omegas to his chest."Stop being all 'oh my god they will hate me' and enjoy your life here." he added. Despite his cheerful voice, concern was evident in his soulful eyes."If you ever want a hug, just come to us!" he added with a grin.

Luhan sniffed, tears once more streaming down his cheeks but this time, out of sheer gratitude. He let out a soft giggle - a broken but blissful little sound  mixing with sniffles and hiccups - and nuzzled close to the couple, glad that they seemed to care for him so much.

"Thanks." he said."Really. And I may ask for hugs more than you think." he said, a sly grin hiding in the corners of his lips as he nuzzled closer to his packmates.

"That's the spirit, kid!" Chanyeol said brightly."We are brothers, after all." he added, stressing on the word brothers. He knew well that Luhan still didn't quite believe the fact that he had been taken in for good, and he felt the need to say it more than once so maybe the slow little omega would finally understand it.

Slowly, they all separated and moved to sit around the table with Luhan leaning on it, a long yawn escaping his rosy lips."Sehun will be coming back soon, right?" he asked hopefully, his eyes gleaming with love the moment he mentioned his mate.

"I'm sure he is." Baekhyun said as he ruffled the small omega's hair before pecking his cheek lightly."I bet he is as eager to come back home to you as you are for him to be back." he added somewhat teasingly.

"I hope so..." Luhan admitted, his cheeks a bright crimson color. He really did: all he wanted at that moment was to rest peacefully in his alpha's hold, forgetting about what the future could bring for a while."I know it sounds silly, but I kinda like him a lot... I have no idea why but..."

Suddenly, a familiar warmth enveloped him as strong arms curled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter