Chapter 2

Turns of fate

"Yixing-hyuuung~" Chen kept calling as he made his way into the apartment.
He was the first one in, followed by Chanyeol who was carrying bags of chips and drinks and Suho who was leisurely holding two cups of coke. Yifan was the last one who made it in the living room as he had to close the door - a bit unwillingly at that.
"Hyuuung~~" Chen repeated as he saw another figure emerge from the bedroom.
"I'm guessing we don't have to cook anything for our visitors?" Yixing said as he saw the grocery. "Are you guys planning to stay here until tomorrow, or what?"
"Ask those two," Chen answered. "I. haven't. had. a. quiet. time. in. ages." he added in full emphasis. "Those two were in my apartment too early almost every day and even today."
"5am isn't early, Chen-chen," Chanyeol noted as he put down the bags on the table.
"Help me..." Chen pleaded to his hyung.
"I'm guessing this is going to be interesting..." Yifan said as he sat on the couch and grabbed one of the drinks held by Suho - who sat next to him.

 

"So, may I ask what motive do you guys have for bothering Chen?" Yixing asked once they were all settled in the living room area. Each one holding a snack - or chocolate bars, in Chanyeol's case.
"We made a bet," Suho said honestly. "Chanyeol and I."
"We're gambling to see which of us Chen would prefer to hang out with in the end... or even end up as his partner."
"WHAAAT?!!" Chen shouted angrily. "I should just kill the two of you right now..." he added as he stood up to reach one of the scissors they used to open the chip bags. 
"Hold on, little princess," Yifan stopped him. "I'm pretty sure there's a sick logic behind this joust of your princes..."
"You say that one more time, emotionless giant, and I'm introducing another giant model to Yixing-hyung - one who's kind to me."
"You wouldn't dare."

"So, anyways..." Yixing interrupted. "A bet?" he asked Suho.
"Yup. Chanyeol started it. He said as the rest of the group formed pairs and left just the three of us, life would be sad for the last one of us three who wouldn't 
have partners... especially if the partners is another one of that three."
"So you guys are courting Chen?" Yixing asked.
"I'm not sure if you guys are stupid..." Yifan added. "Or blind." he said as he looked at Chen in full judgment, earning a slap on his crown by the person in question.
"We just made a bet who he'll first ask to hang out or something," Chanyeol said. "It doesn't really need to lead to love. I mean, no offence Chen, but it wouldn't be right to waste this gorgeous man on another man. The ladies would go mad."
"And you think bothering him at 5 in the morning is the best way to do it?" Yixing asked.
"You know how competitive I am, hyung."


"Well... I'm going to call Luhan-hyung..." was the only thing Yixing was able to say after failing to talk Chanyeol and Suho out of the deal for 20 minutes. Yixing thought proving that bothering a person is the worst way towards his heart would be enough... but Chanyeol played a card he just couldn't rebut.
"Yifan-hyung often bothered you in going out... even for those Thursday dates, and it worked for you."
Yixing was defeated.

 

Roughly 40 minutes had passed when they heard the doorbell ring.
It was pretty much a quick time since Yixing and Yifan just watched their visitors annoy each other. Chen would live his own life either by playing a console or 
watching TV, then either Chanyeol or Suho would approach him and insist that an RPG game needs two people to play or that an animation is best understood when one is being cuddled.

Yifan got up when the doorbell rang for a second time. "This should complete the group of weirdoes..." he thought as he opened the door to welcome the two other friends missing in action. And the first sight completely proved how lovely his friends were.

"Couple shirts... seriously?" Yifan deadpanned as he eyed the two visitors.
Luhan can only laugh embarrassingly as he scratched the back of his head, asking to be let in. "We didn't know you guys would call us over..."
"You are not coming in wearing that." Yifan stated as the text: "I love ->" and "I love <- too" glowed extra cheesy in that hallway.
"They're just shirts, hyung," Sehun stated as he forced his way in. "They wouldn't ruin the great Yifan's coolness."
"And you're okay wearing that around town??"
"I look good in them."
"Around town??"
"Luhannie picked them."

It wasn't about 15 minutes more when everyone got settled back in the living room. Chanyeol was having a blast taking pictures of Luhan and Sehun. Suho and Yixing was too busy feeling embarrassed on the sight.

"You guys are stupid," Luhan managed to say after being fed with the information between the trio.
"Ah, that was the answer," Yifan mumbled.
"Chen doesn't like to be bothered in the morning..."
"Thank you, hyung," Chen said happily as another person sided with him.
"If you want him to fall in love with you, best way is to stay with him until late night... he prefers night hang-outs."
"Looorddd..." the victim cried silently.

"I can't believe you're taking on this bet, hyung," Sehun asked Suho.
"Me neither."
"Then why are you?"
"For fun? Or maybe because I wouldn't be able to stand if I see Chanyeol's arrogant grinning face once he wins this."
"So you're at Chen-hyung's apartment at 5am as well?
"No, that would be rude."
"Good to hear."
"I call to wake him up at 4:30."


Leaving that problem to solve by itself, Yixing got up and decided to serve ice cream. He had been thinking of a good alibi to let Yifan allow him to eat ice cream.  "Yifan is just a bully" he thought to himself as he wondered why the other enjoys not letting him get his treat. Sometimes Yifan would hide Yixing's earphones or his camera's cap. But Yixing would get back by hiding Yifan's favorite pair of shoes or sunglasses. 

It was a bit childish, Yixing would agree. And sometimes he actually wishes they don't do it, especially when really really wants to use his earphones. But, at the end of the day, Yixing thinks that the fact they're still able to play like this is great. Yes, they are lovers but they were friends first. Yixing liked the idea that nothing changed - everything was just built on top of what they had. 

As Yixing made his way to the refrigerator, Suho and Sehun followed. Yifan was the one left trying to convince Chanyeol out of the bet.
"I just don't get why you guys are making a big deal out of this," Chanyeol said. "It's not like we're plotting anything bad."
"Annoying me and keeping me up almost every day isn't bad?!" Chen argued. "Then what is? Me waking up and seeing you snoring beside me?!"
"That, my friend, comes if you become my lover..." Chanyeol winked at the other.
"Where the hell do you guys keep your guns?" Chen asked Yifan.
"What?!" Chanyeol protested. "It's normal if you're lovers, right hyung?" 
"Uhh... yeah." Yifan replied, obviously trying to avoid further conversation into it.
"What's with that reply?"
"It's not something you should openly ask people," the older dismissed.
"Whut? When it happened between Luhan-hyung and Sehunnie, we were all talking about it!"
"That's because no one can deny it happened!" Chen added, causing Luhan to cover his reddening cheeks.
"Why is that?" Suho asked from the kitchen.
"Hyung can barely walk and stay awake the next morning... he was a mess in the office," Chanyeol remembered as everyone laughed - even Yifan. "So I don't think it's a 
pretty awkward topic for all of us..."
"I didn't say it was awkward; I said it was private."
"Why are you being defensive about it?!" Sehun teased.
"I am not!"
"It's not like you can deny that it never happened between you two..." Chanyeol snickered.
Then the room fell silent... except for the very heavy and awkward breathing of Yifan.
"Did... it not?" Chanyeol asked again.
"Why would it not happen?" Sehun claimed. "They live together and it's Yifan-hyung we're talking about! The man who always gets people on his bed!"
"If that was true..." Suho said. "Then can somebody tell me another reason why Yixing is sticking his head into the freezer?"

The moment the topic was opened, Yixing couldn't help but feel embarrassed. Yes, it still hasn't happened between the two of them. Why? Neither of them knew why... maybe the time wasn't right? Maybe they didn't have a good opportunity? Maybe no one made a move? But Yixing is thankful that Yifan didn't force it to happen. He was thankful Yifan didn't rush into it, that it happened just because that's the normal course of relationships these days. Yixing liked to think that if it was any other girl, Yifan would've had her in the bedroom on the first night. Yixing felt different. He felt cherished. And besides, he was glad he could have more time to prepare himself mentally. 

"So it hasn't happened?!" Chanyeol exclaimed.
"Shut up." Yifan commanded.
"Yixing-hyung, is it true??" Luhan asked the person who was still trying to have the freezer un-red his cheeks.
"Is it??" Sehun tapped Yixing on the shoulders.
"I. am. going to... get the ice cream scoop!" Yixing said in a panic as he ran towards the bedroom, causing everyone to laugh afterwards.

In between the "I'm disappointed at you, hyung!", the "The great Yifan fails to make his move!" and the "How is the ice cream scoop in the bedroom?", Yixing heard  Yifan's phone ring - which probably gave the other a good excuse to save himself from all the teasing.


"Yes, I'm all set for next month," Yifan reassured the person on the other line.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------    
A/N: Hey guys, sorry for the late update. Been really busy... i promise the next chap would be sooner than this was. ;)