Prologue Pt. 2

Can't Hide It

Can't Hide it Chp. 2

 

Thinking

"Speaking"

_____________________________________

The hall they were in was filled with excited chatter and obnoxious yet nervous laughter. There were hundreds of faeries and sprites gathered in the big area for this special occassion. Families crowded together with tears in their eyes, and friends embraced and exchanged banter over shared memories from the past years. Joyous energy filled the area as hundreds of young sprites prepared to begin their next journey.

Yerin sat in the middle somewhere of the seating arranged for those whom this ceremony was held for, Jimin by her side.

"Mmmmmm! I'm so nervous!" Yerin squealed with her soft voice, shaking in her seat. She and Jimin grinned at each other giggling.

"I'm ecstatic! Our coming of age is finally here, which means soon our song will appear! Do you know how many times I practiced my stage walk for this moment?" Jimin exclaimed.

"Of course I do, you made me watch you all 46 times," Yerin laughed rolling her eyes at her friend.

"Ehe, don't-" Jimin started but was cut off by a loud intercom.

"Everyone, please settle down and take your seats. The official 15th Annual Soul City Coming of Age Ceremony is about to begin!" the announcer said jovially over the intercom.

The two girls joined hands and shook them in the air in silent excitement as everyone calmed down and prepared for the event to start. They watched together as the  three most important people came onto the stage and took a seat, their wings laying smoothly against their back. From left to right, coming in and taking their seats at center stage, their was Chief Yang Han-suk , Chief Kim Young-min, and their favorite, Chief Park Jin-young; also known as Chiefs YG, SM, and JYP. A few previous faeries that are under each chief and had successfully gained their wings in the previous years also came up as well and sat to the back left and right.

"Look there's Suzy! She's so pretty!"

"Aww Henry and Onew are so cute!"

"Jia's wing's are so gorgeous!"

"GD's wings are stunning, like, I can't even,"

"It's Nickhyun! It's Nickhyun!"

"Dara's so beutiful!"

"Look at Jaejoong being all majestic and ish. Ugh, my heart can't take it," Jimin said dramatically as the other young sprites all whispered amongst themselves in aww of their predecessors.

"They're beautiful...everyone of them," Yerin said quietly, awestruck by how graceful they all appeared.

"Someday soon, we'll have wings like that too."

______________________________________________________________

"Ahjusshi, thanks for the meal!"

"Thanks for the meal!"

"We love you!"

JB who held the door open chuckled and swat Jackson on the head  as they all left the cafe giving their thanks and laughing. They had been in the cafe for about an hour or so just chatting it up since they really didn't have anything else to do that Friday night. Making their way out to the street they headed down the sidewalk with Youngjae and Jinyoung in the front, Bam Bam, Mark, and Yugyeom behind them, and JB and Jackson bringing up the rear. Talking amongst themselves, they made their way to the intersection crosswalk before Jinyoung stopped and turned to them all.

"So, where exactly are we going now?" he asked.

They all looked at each other not sure what to do. No one wanted to go home, but they also hadn't thought of anything else to do either.

"It's still kinda early..." Mark said slowly.

"Yeah," JB agreed trying to think of something they could do.

"Wanna go see a movie?" Bam Bam suggested looking around at his hyungs.

The others all glanced at each other before nodding in agreement.

"Sounds good," Youngjae said moving to the side as JB moved to the front of their group and led the way across the cross walk.

"Yeah, let's go! Let's go!" Jackson yapped immediately hopping up and down like a kid next to Yugyeom. The magnae just laughed at his hyung and slung an arm around Bam Bam as they crossed the street and headed to the theatere.

___________________________________________________

After all the main people came on the stage, the ceremony began with lots of long, but meaningful, and heartfelt speeches. Led by Chief YG, the speeches given were about the past years and what is to be expected of this new group once they complete the ceremony. Some of the faeries under him gave short speeches as well to encourage and uplift the sprites in the hall who were being promoted this day. Yerin and Jimin listened closely, clapping when necessary, and taking mental notes while anticipating the end.

Taking over after him, for the next thirty minutes Chief SM then proceeded to give out special awards and recognition to some sprites for certain achievments or actions they took to help in the community through the years up until now, as well as congratulations to the family for having such an honorary child. Jimin and Yerin weren't one of the few to get an award, but they were happy all the same for those that did.

Finally, at last, Chief JYP stood and made his way to the mic, head held high. He looked out over the sea of sprites eagerly awaiting to hang off his every word so that they would be prepared for their new journey. With a cordial smile, he began.

"As you all know, and have been hearing about, today is very special. Not only because you sprites are now coming of age, but because you are now about to begin a new adventure that will take you places you've never been before. I'm sure all of your family and friends here today are very proud of each and every one of you, as well as I and the other chiefs. However, before this ceremony ends, I am here to give you your final task to officially complete your coming of age ceremony."

A quiet murmur began across the room as everyone wondered what the final task was going to be. Every year each coming of age group had a task to complete before their coming of age was really considered official, but it was a different task every time that wasn't revealed until the end of the gathering.

"Your mission," Chief JYP started and everyone settled down again, "is to collect sugar."

"Wha-?" Jimin questioned like the many others murmuring around her. She looked to Yerin who looked back just as confused as she was.

"We just need to collect...sugar?" Yerin reiterated outloud to herself still trying to understand. Both girls just looked quizzically to the stage as JYP began to explain.

"Yes, you are to collect sugar. But...not just any sugar, not the sugar you eat. You all will be placed on another planet, called Earth. There you will meet these 'humans' who have the sugar inside of them. By doing really sweet things, that is how the sugar will come out. You have six months to help encourage these sweet moments and fill up your Sweet Tooth, which you will be given once you make it to Earth. By the end of the six months, depending on how much sugar you have collected will determine how your wings will unfold. No ones wings will be the same, whether you all fill your sweet tooth up to the top or barely cover the bottom, so do not take into account how much you have, but instead something else. Now, you have the choice to do this alone, but we do encourage you to work together with your friends and peers as it will most likely prove more beneficial in the end. As you leave today, there will be resource goodie bags for you all in the foyer to help on your mission." Everyone clapped and cheered for a second but soon settled down again.

"I wish you all success on this journey, and that you discover the actual meaning behind this to help you grow. With this mission, we, the other Chiefs and I, hope that you will quickly gain your wings and find the song in your heart, so that you can fly high and share it with everyone."

As his speech came to an end, all the others on stage stood as the song written and chosen for their generation began to play, Fly So High*. Yerin and Jimin stood with everyone else, as well and looked to the stage as the faeries that were sat behind the chiefs all had came to center stage to sing together. As they sang there parts in unison and in fluctuating order, some of the crowd joined in, then everyone else as was tradition. By the end everyone's voices were lifted high and they all smiled at one another as the song came to a close, but the moment lingering as hugs were given all around and cheers began to erupt as the ceremony ended and everyone met up with their families and began to leave.

"WOOOH! CONGRATULATIONS TO US!!!" Jimin hollered with all the others who were shouting out random things.

Yerin laughed but yelled too, albeit it was a more raising of her voice than anything, "We did it!"

"Time to celebrate! Where's the party at?!" Jimin said excitededly, doing a little happy dance. Yerin smiled and wiggled her arms in a silly dance style along with her friend.

Yerin and Jimin of course were celebrating together with their families so they picked up their mission bags together and walked out arm in arm, huge smiles gracing their features and a happy glow surrounding them.

____________________________________________________

Twenty minutes later when the guys finally arrived, they picked a random movie and each bought their own tickets. After that everyone then headed to the concession stands to buy snacks and popcorn. The lines weren't very long but they still had to wait a minute or two before they made it to the register. Mark was looking intently at the menu trying to decide which candy he could do without this time, though he really wanted to buy most of them.

"Mark hyung I wanna sit with you! Let's buy candy together then okay!" Jackson whined like a little kid as he moved up and hugged Mark from behind.

"Only if you stop that fake whining," Mark replied not about to deal with that when he had important decisions to make, because choosing between Reese's and Twix was a hard ing choice.

"Okay! And just get both, Twix and Reese's, I know you want them," Jackson said smugly, feeling Mark's stomach jerk slightly as he huffed out a short laugh and grinned while shaking his head.

"Yugyeomie, you'll buy hyung's snacks right," Bam Bam said trying to be cute to the magnae so he wouldn't have to pay.

"I think its supposed to be the other way around hyung," Yugyeom replied. He doesn't mind buying, but it's fun to annoy his hyung when the other tries to be cute to get his way. The other pouted and tugged on his sleeve as they moved up with the line.

"Jr, I'll pay for you and Youngjae, 'kay," JB told the two who were also looking at the snack menu. Youngjae nodded.

"I can pay for myself,"Jr replied.

"I know that, but I'm going to this time," JB answered smirking at the other who was eyeing him suspiciously.

The line moved forward and they were next.

"Yugyeom! Ugh, you're so annoying!" BamBam huffed and crossed his arms over his chest while the younger boy laughed at him.

"Haha, okay, okay, I'll buy you snacks," Yugyeom finally conceded.

"No, I don't want it now," BamBam pouted.

"Really? Okay the-"

"I want a large popcorn with extra butter, two packs of jolly ranchers, a snickers, a large Lemonade with a dash of Sprite, and...a pickle," Bam Bam said cutting him off. Yugyeom sighed but nodded.

Mark, hearing the youngers convo just shook his head and looked back at the cashier who was waiting for him to order.

"Uhm, let me get two regular popcorn-"

"One large," Jackson in over Mark's shoulder. The older looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"What? We can just share a big one and save money," he explained. Mark rolled his eyes.

"Okay. Sorry about that. Let me get one large popcorn with extra butter, a Twix and a Reese's, some Mike&Ike's, a Cookie'snCream Hershey's, and a large blue Powereade with a dash of Sprite." Mark ordered taking out a couple of dollars from his wallet and taking the money Jackson was putting in on their order.

"I wanted a drink too," Jackson said.

"We're sharing 'cause it'll 'save money', right?" Mark said quoting the other and paying the cashier before taking their buyings and moving out of the way so the others could order.

Jackson took the popcorn from him and his candy, so Mark wouldn't be holding everything on his own, and hummed an 'oh' as he also took the first sip out of their drink which Mark was holding.

The others quickly got their order, BamBam paying for half of his and Yugyeom's because he didn't really want the younger to pay for it all, and they all made their way to the right theatre room settling in and enjoying the movie.

_________________________________________________________

Hi! So I know I'm two days later than what I said, but my computer crashed and I'm using my mom's right now. I don't know when I'll be able to update again, and I'm probably not going to start saying when or be on a schedule,  because my life is getting pretty hectic and frustrating lately so taking time to write may not be as often as I've had before.

Anyways, I hope you liked this chapter. The prologue is finally finished and the two parties will get to meet soon! That's when the real plot begins ^.^  Right now the points of view are split because they are in differen't worlds, but, once they all finally meet I will probably only do one point of view for each chapter, and just switch between characters.

*Also, the song they ended their graduation/ceremony thing with was the song Fly So High by Beast, 4 Minute,and G.Na that they did for United Cube.

Please Comment if you liked this chapter or the idea so far, and Subscribe if you'd like.

ByeBye! (^.^)/

1280x720-mxr.jpg