Chapter One: Beauty in the Box

Absolute Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter One: Beauty in the Box

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Working again?" Luhan glanced up from his desk to greet a familiar smiling face. 

"Wanna help?" He grinned as he gestured towards the stack of papers on his desk. 

"No thanks," Minseok shook his head with a good natured laugh. "I heard that Song Inc. will be coming over to the conference room today." He informed his best friend. "They want to discuss a partnership, I hear."

"Did you hear the price for it?" Luhan inquired, quickly completing the stack of papers he had been working on currently. Minseok shook his head in response to signal that he did, in fact, not. "I guess I'll have to find out myself. Thanks for stopping by- oh and say hi to Maemi for me!" 

"Haha, she'll appreciate it. I'll be going then," With that, Minseok left the office. 

Luhan briefly glanced out the window, halting his progress on his paperwork, and thought to himself- what was it like to 'be normal'? His best friend, Minseok, had already gotten himself a lover and settled down nicely while Luhan... he worked and worked, but for what? What was he working for? A family? 

Before he could dwell on the matter, his secretary called to inform him that his next meeting with Song Inc. was in five minutes. Luhan ran his fingers through his somewhat curly, black hair. This was it, all he had to do was not screw up and he'd be fine. Heh, easier said than done for sure- but there was nothing he could do about that. With that in mind, Luhan slipped on his coat and hurried out his office. 

"Hello, I'm Luhan of X Enterprises." The curly haired young man greeted the CEO of Song Inc.- Song Yongjun. 

"Song Yongjun of Song Inc." A middle aged man shook the hand of Luhan and smiled politely. The two of them sat down across from each other as Yongjun took something out of the briefcase he brought with him. "This won't take too long, if you don't mind." Luhan shook his head, indicating he didn't mind. "Before I accept a partnership with X Enterprises, there is a product that I want you to personally test for me. If you can do that, then we have a deal."

Luhan's eyes widened at the man's words. Basically, if he tests their product then he'll get the deal. It was so... so easy! No, it wasn't just too easy, it was too odd. In the world of business, getting a partnership with Song Inc. was always said to be the hardest thing you'll ever do- but this was just...

"The product..." Luhan began carefully. "What kind of product is it?"

"It's..." Yongjun paused to find the words before hesitantly continuing. "It's best that you find out yourself." Xiao Lu blinked, it was almost as if the man in front of him were saying something completely different. However, it didn't matter at the moment. What mattered was that partnership and if it could be delivered on a silver platter to him, then Luhan would absolutely take it.

"That's very interesting." Luhan smiled enthusiastically. "You have yourself a deal, sir." 

That evening, Luhan plopped down on the white, vintage couch in his living room of his home. Unlike other wealthy individuals, he didn't live in a large house with unnecessary furnishings. The home he lived in was only slightly larger than average and had two stories with an open, deck-like roof at the top. Around the house was a steel gate with a simple keycard scan for entry, and a simple garden in the front of the house. His living room would be the first thing you'll see once you walk in, but it wasn't anything too special- not as flashy as other wealthy homes. There was the white, vintage couch pushed to the wall and next to it was a television set that was nearly the size of Luhan himself, and under it were sets of gaming consoles that he d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter