Fight & make up!

I just need you

A/N: this is a sudden idea from some news I saw on the Internet. Hope you enjoy!

 

       - Bam, it's late. Let's go to bed now! Or at least turn off the light for me - Yugyeom grumbled on his bed, sleepiness clearly in his voice.

       - Don't sleep yet Gyeom, you're my best friend, show some sympathy here.

       - Urgh, Bam, I'm tired. Plus, I have been listening to your complaints the whole evening. What do you expect more from me huh?

       - I'm not even sure if my words got into your ears or not - mutterred the second maknae.

       - Yes, very clear indeed, you and Jackson hyung are having a cold-war right now and you hate it. Why don't you just tell him and make up already instead of getting it out on me? 

       - But he was the one at fault. He is supposed to apologize to me first - huffed BamBam.

       - Someone please save me - Yugyeom cried, standing up to turn off the light himself - both of you are stubborn and I don't understand why you fought in the first place. That and I'm going to sleep now. You should too. Don't post goodnight twit then stay up late like this.

       - Hm, fine, go to bed yourself. I will later.

Darkness and silence dominated the room and a few minutes later, Yugyeom's small snoring echoed in the space. BamBam sighed quietly, staring up at the ceiling. He wanted to sleep as well but he couldn't. Not when all his thoughts were about a certain Hong Kong person and their fight two days ago. To be honest, BamBam didn't even remember what caused their quarrel. It's not like they never fought before, but they always made up within the day. This time is different, Jackson left the dorm to film Roommate and they haven't seen each other since "that night". His anger has gone away already and what was left now is loneliness and emptiness. Despite all his complaints to Yugyeom, BamBam missed the elder and he wished Jackson would be here next to him. Without his warmth it's so hard for BamBam to sleep these days.

                                                                                                           *                  *                    *

       - Hi, Jackson, why are you sitting here alone this late? Can't sleep? Where's Kang Jun? – Joon Hyung sunbae-nim asked.

       - Oh, hi hyung, I'm still not used to my new room yet. Kang Jun hyung is sleeping already.

       - Uh, it may take a little time. Want me to accompany you? I don't want to sleep either.

       - Sure hyung, it would be great.

       - So, how do you like it? Better than the dorm? - asked the elder jokingly.

       - Well, this house is fancy but I like the dorm better. Because the dorm is where he's, not here - he kept the second part for himself, suddenly thinking about the Thai boy at home.

Flashback:

       - You are saying you're jealous? What are you jealous of? I only liked a few pics of your friend. Damn it, he is YOUR friend.

       - Yes, he's my friend. That's why you don't need to be so closed to him. Do you know that the fans even started shipping him with you?

       - What's the big deal? It's only for fun. You are the one who unfollowed me on Instagram just because I liked a few pictures.

       - I'm sorry I didn't think much about that.

       - I don't believe you. You did it twice on 2 consecutive days.

       - I just hated seeing that #nicbam hashtag okay.

       - Well, then what do you think when I have to see you show off your body for the whole world on TV. And I was happy to know you leave that show until I found out you would join Roommate and temporarily not stay in the dorm.

       - I can't decide that, it was up to the company. And you know it's for Got7 sake.

       - I know, that's why I didn't say anything. So stop complaining about me liking pictures of your friend or taking pictures with the others please. You were totally okay with it before.

       - I don't have problems with you taking pictures. What I am not fine with is how closed and happy you guys stood and looked together.

       - Gosh, you're being too unreasonable here. It's selfie, of course we had to stand next to each other. And I thought you should understand it. While you go out broaden your relationship with other people, I just want to strengthen mine within our JYP nation. What gotten into you hyung? This is the last night before you go filming Roommate again and I didn't imagine it would end up like this.

       - Bammie, wait...

       - No, I'm going to sleep now. Don't go into my room - BamBam said, turning his back on Jackson, slowly walking away - have fun tomorrow.

The memory came back to Jackson clear and fresh like a flood. They were so happy the moment before then he brought it up and everything went wrong, completely wrong. Thinking about it now, Jackson didn't know why he acted like that. He regretted immediately what he said the second he watched BamBam retreating back and the slamming door on his face. But he didn't say sorry at that time. Which was his next big mistake. And that’s the reason why he's sitting here alone, being tortured by the guilt and missing feeling. Jackson glanced at his phone, hoping in vain that BamBam would call or text him a message. He missed his baby like crazy. This cold war is just too painful to endure.

       - Why are you so quiet? Where is the energetic Jackson in front of camera? – Joon Hyung patted him on his shoulders - you looked like you were just kicked out of the house by your wife.

Jackson laughed awkwardly at the elder's joke, nodding to himself that his situation was almost the same as that.

       - So, how does it feel to debut and become a celebrity?

       - Ah, it felt surreal. I was famous before in Hong Kong but it's not the same in here. I love it though. Did you remember how you feel the first year you debuted hyung?

       - Yeah, of course. It's like a miracle to be on stage and meet the fans instead of staying in the basement.

       - Well, we still practice in the basement but it feels different now – Jackson chuckled lightly.

       - The first year is always special. You may feel tired or want to have a break in the future but now when everything is still new and interesting, you never thinks about relaxing, even if you are out of energy. When you are a rookie and when you become a sunbae, it's different. Your passion stays the same but how you view the showbiz world or what you want to try out will change as you grow up.

       - ... Do you have any regret as being an idol hyung?

       - Hm, I do. But what do you want to hear about? My work or my relationship?

       - You were dating?

       - Don't be that surprised! Many idols date, it's just they want to go public or not. Did you have a girlfriend before?

Jackson shook his head, his mind once again wandered back to the Thai boy at home. To be exact, he dated in high school before but nothing worked out with those girls. So he can say that BamBam is his first love.

       - Ok, you will experience it. Secret relationship is never easy. It's stressful, you'll have to be careful all the time, and you can't go out freely without disguise. It's not fair for her, I couldn't give her what she wanted in a relationship, and we fought a lot, in the end we broke up.

"But we won't be like that, we will always be together. If only I hadn't messed it up" - Jackson thought and sighed - does it mean all relationship would end if you fight?

       - Huh, oh, no. It depends on what's your action after that. Every couples fight and it's not too bad. It's a way for them to understand each other more. But if you couldn't fix things then it would result in breaking up. OMG, if JYP know I taught you dating lesson like this, will he try to kill me?

They burst out laughing at that and Jackson thanked him inwardly. Their relationship is not gonna last with this fight, Jackson thought to himself, he will apologize and make up with BamBam tomorrow when he comes home.

The next day was long for the two lovebirds. They couldn't concentrate on whatever they did. BamBam made several mistakes during their practice for Around the world: either was he slower for the beat or he forgot and messed up the movements. It was to the point that JB was on the edge of exploding and even asked them if it was for a hidden camera or not. "Haiz, can't believe love would influence a person that much. If they aren't going to make up tonight when Jackson hyung comes back then I'll lock them up tomorrow. Gosh, never see BamBam depressed like this" - Yugyeom thought, glancing toward his friend in the corner of the room. JB decided to let them have a small break and "get yourself together" (this part directly aimed at a certain boy).

Meanwhile, the aforementioned Thai boy was sitting quietly on the ground, his head buried in his arms, his music was playing as loud as possible. He knew that he slowed down the group pace and he's sorry for that, but lack of sleep made him so tired. Urg, how much of an impact Jackson has on him, BamBam thought bitterly, the harsh truth hit him again. This hurt more than he would imagine.

       - Hey Bam, why you look so down today? Jackson will come home tonight, cheer up.

BamBam looked up to see Jin Young and Mark sitting down next to him, they both had an encouraging smile on their face. The youngest let out an awkward laughter, not wanting to tell them that he and Jackson were having a fight indeed.

       - Did you two ever quarrel about something before? - He asked hesitantly.

       - Huh? - They turned to look at each other then at him - why all of a sudden? Of course, we even fought over the smallest things. Disagreement happens in every relationship.

       - No, I meant serious fights which you didn't talk to each other for days?

       - Hm, nope, it's not easy if you stay in the same dorm and have to face each other every day, want or not. So we tried to solve it as soon as possible. What’s wrong Bam? You and Jackson have some problems? - Mark asked, looking concerned.

       - Really? If Jackson bullied you, I'll kill him - Jin Young' maternal mode on.

BamBam quickly denied it, waving his hands and faking a grin to ensure the overacted Got7 omma. And luckily for him, before any more questions could be asked, JB once again their music, signaling it's time to get back to practice. BamBam tried to stay focused as best as he could although his mind was busy thinking about how to make peace with Jackson later.

On the other hand, the Hong Kong native was counting every minute to the end of his shooting. He couldn't wait any longer but it seemed like he had no chances of finishing until mid-night. Which would be too late by the time he gets back. Jackson's patience had never been challenged this much. He paid no attention to what the others were talking and laughing about, instead revised carefully the apology he prepared earlier in his head, hoping that BamBam would accept it.

       - Alright, that's for today. Thank you guys for all your effort. See you next time - finally the words that he's dying to hear came from PD nim.

During the ride back, Jackson thought how it naturally became his new habit of getting back home alone without the others in the middle of the night. It wouldn't be a surprise if he came home to find the entire place totally dark and quiet and everyone already went to bed. His memory flew back to the night when BamBam stayed up to wait and made noodle for him. The younger boy was always willing to wait and welcome him when he returned but Jackson refused it after a few times seeing BamBam falling asleep on the sofa. So whenever he got back, Jackson would quickly take a shower before silently sneak into the maknae room. Somehow the Thai boy always knew when he climbed on the bed and lied next to him no matter how carefully Jackson tried. And then he'd tell him a small "hi hyung, let's sleep" with his cutie sleepy voice, smiling a little before snuggling up into his embrace, drifting back to dreamland again. Today though, he didn't know if that could happen or not.

Jackson dragged his feet tiredly, urg, how much he hated the stairs to his dorm. He opened the door lazily, didn’t expect anything special. So when he saw the dim light in the living room and someone was sleeping on the sofa, his heart slowed a beat and he was stunned.

BamBam was dreaming when he felt someone shake him and called his name. He slowly opened his eyes and saw a familiar face full of concern in front of him:

       - Hi hyung, you're home! - BamBam' voice muffled because of sleepiness.

       - Why are you out here? You may catch a cold.

       - Hm, I'm waiting for you.

There was an awkward silence after BamBam's confession. For a few second, both of them didn't know how to talk. They just looked at each other, trying desperately to find their reflection in the other eyes. BamBam searched and searched, lost in the matrix of his own feelings and those from the brown ones opposite him, but at the same time gradually got his answer.

       - Bammie, I'm so sorry... – finally Jackson decided to break up the silence...

       - Shh, no – but BamBam interrupted him with his finger - don't say anything and just kiss me.

A second of surprise before Jackson bent down and they kissed. It felt so good when their lips met, bringing with it all their unvoiced emotions. BamBam didn't need to hear what the elder was about to say because he already knew. Because while locking in Jackson's eyes moments ago, he saw everything. His guilt, his anxiety, his apology and importantly, his love. The love that belonged to him. And it was enough.

       - Forgive me? - Jackson asked, his voice muffled as he buried his face in the crook of BamBam's neck.

       - You're already forgiven - replied the Thai boy, his fingers tangled the Hong Kong hair.

Silence once again, but this time, it is a comfortable silence. They kept their position like that for a while, didn't want to ruin their peaceful moment. Because for Jackson, there was nothing more endearing than the words he just heard from his baby. Because for BamBam, there was nothing better than being in the familiar embrace again. Because for both of them, words weren’t needed at this instant as small gentle touches would bring a whole different meaning and influence them on so much more levels.

And actually, because they realized the simple truth that nights would never complete without the other's presence.

 

P/s: please comment, thank you :*