1/2

Coincidence? I think no!

A/N :: Finally! Damn, I’m such a terrible person ; ____ ; sorry cuties, I kept you waiting for so long…I hope it was worth it! Oh dear, it’s long and very cute and a bit dramatic sometimes, so prepare good tea and tissues for long reading. I hope, you’ll enjoy it at least as much as I did writing it. Enough of my tacky speech. Have fun, cupcakes!~

 

 

 

*

Oh no… No! Chen. Chen! Don’t you dare die on me! Don’t you dare die on me! Don’t you… Don’t you dare die on me! Do you hear me?! Don’t you dare. Chen. Chen, please. Chen! Open your eyes. No, no, no, no, no, no. Chen!

You and me against the world… right? Chennie… Please, I’m begging you. Wake up.

 

 

Junmyeon woke up with patting heart and sweat on his forehead.  That dream again. He didn’t know any Chen but apparently some Chen knew him as he or she was hunting his dreams. Over and over again. He rubbed back of his neck. Only thing he remembered was this dull pain in his chest, name and sometimes blurred figure in red dress, walking away. He never saw her face, no matter how hard he tried. And he found himself crying. Again.

 

He patted his bed and found no one, only cold sheets. It was almost year, when he started his life all over again. He didn’t remember anything from before he woke up in hospital. Whole his previous life thrown away. No stories, photos, people or things could bring his memory back. Most of his friends looked at him with this huge sympathy, that only annoyed him. He needed to learn how to live again and he wasn’t the same person, they’d known. Baekhyun, who apparently had been one of his best friends since forever, said it’s probably better that way. It won’t hurt so much if he don’t remember Jeonghae. His wife. He also hadn’t remembered his children at first. But he didn’t need even a second to love them both with full feeling he could offer them.

 

“Dad? Everything is alright? I heard the noise.”

His eight-year-old son stuck his head through the doors.

“I just had a bad dream, kiddo. You should get back to sleep.”

“It’s okay, it’s Sunday after all. Want me to get you some water?”

Junmyeon looked at his son with love. He was a great child. He was wondering, what he did to deserve such an angel.

“Come here, Minseok.” He patted place by him. When he did, Jun wrapped duvet around him. “You had to grow so fast because of me, hadn’t you? I’m an adult here. Yet you are so mature, that it hurts.”

“Sorry dad.”

“Oh no, don’t be. I’m so proud of you. But I feel guilty. You are a kid after all.” He hugged him close.

“It wasn’t your fault, dad.” He cuddled his head into father’s chest.

 

*

In the morning Junmyeon found himself tangled between two small bodies. He didn’t remember the moment, when his younger kid had joined them. Zitao looked so cute, like little angel, in his panda patterned pajama and dark circles under his eyes.  He had those since forever. Boy, feeling the movement, raised his head from Junmyeon’s arm and gave him a sleepy look.

“Hey baby, what are you doing here?” Jun whispered, petting his long dark bangs. His fringe was almost on his eyes. He needed a haircut soon. Boy sat and rubbed his eyes.

“Morning baba. Where is mommy?"

Junmyeon winced. Tao sometimes forgot about this whole situation and then was coming to Jun, crying and calling for Jeonghae. It somehow broke his heart. Junmyeon himself didn't miss his wife. How could he? Technically he even didn't known her voice, her smile, her behavior. Only thing he knew, was her calm, wounded face from the coffin.

He knew that conversation will end with a cry and he didn't know how to prevent it. He decided to ignore the question and turn child attention.

"What would you like on breakfast, Taozi?"

"Mommy's pancakes."

Junmyeon sighed heavily. His pancakes had never been good enough.

"Okay baby, but only if you help me." He smiled to his son. Only now he noticed, Minseok was awake. He gave him a warm smile and petted brown locks. "Hey there."

"Mommy can't help you? You are hopeless when it comes to pancakes, daddy." Five-year-old pointed out with serious face.

"Taozi. Mom can't help dad anymore. She's in heaven with angels, remember?" Sleepy yet firm voice of his other son came with help. Again.

Tao gave them the look.

"Taozi you can't cry. Do you want make mom sad?"

"No..." kid sobbed.

"Alright. That's why we have to teach dad how to make the best pancakes in the world! The last in the kitchen is a llama!"

And with this words Minseok jumped from the bed and rushed to the doors.

"Hey! That's not fair!" little one clambered out of the bed. It took Junmyeon few seconds to realize what’s going on.

"Yah! You rascals! Leaving your dad like that?”

Junmyeon chased them and caught Tao on the stairs, with him under his arm and burst of giggle, had managed to embrace Minseok just before he stepped into kitchen.

"Gottya!"

 

 

*

"So what are we going to do today, boys?" Junmyeon asked, trying to make his kitchen look like kitchen, not battlefield, again.

"What about park?" Minseok suggested.

"Yeeees! Park baba! Let's go to the park!" Zitao threw his hands full of crayons into the air, to prove his enthusiasm. Jun laughed from above the sink and nodded.

"Okay then. We haven't been in the park from ages" he agreed. Actually had they ever been? He couldn't recall it during those eleven months. Because cemetery didn't count, right?

When he put the last spoon back in a place, he looked through his younger son arm. His drawing skills, even for five-year-old were bad. Really bad. If not clumsy handwrite, he wouldn't figure out on picture was four people. Daddy, mommy, Min and Tao. And then he noticed Chinese character on a cloud with something that could be an angel. If he recalled correctly, it meant 'morning'. But he couldn't  remember, how to read it. Apparently because of their mother, his sons spoke quite good in Chinese. He'd even say, that somehow Zitao spoke better in Chinese, than Korean.

"Family morning?"  He asked with smile, pointing on the character.

"’Chen’ is a name, baba."

Junmyeon frowned in confusion. Chen - the name from his dream.

“Zitao, who is Chen?”

Boy looked at him with wide eyes, what Junmyeon took as confusion. But his eyes started to watering. Tao turned his sight and looked at his brother unsure. Minseok gave him assuring smile and younger one looked back.

“I don’t know, daddy… but I think she is an angel.”

That hadn’t sounded completely sincere for him, but he didn’t have any reason to disbelieve, either. Tao never lied to him. He was the most honest child, Junmyeon knew, what often got him into troubles.

“But why did you write that name on your picture?”

Boy was looking for answer in his mind. “I copied it from the photo” he said eventually.

Because his son didn’t look like saying anything more, Junmyeon dropped that. It probably was connected somehow with his previous life, nevertheless it wouldn’t make a difference. He didn’t remember anyway.

 

 

*

 

That was something people call lazy Sunday. Perfect weather, day off and personal time with his kids in the park. It was warm late afternoon and they were a bit tired, because they spent whole day together having fun. Well, maybe except Tao, who was full of energy as always. Junmyeon was sitting on the bench with Minseok and Zitao’s favorite teddy. Little one was running three steps in front of them, doing plane with his arms. He almost crashed with some man but he manage to change his path just before him.

"Sehun, if you won't stop acting like grumpy cat, we won't go to feed the ducks!"

That was what Tao heard from the man he’d just avoided, when he was playing airplane, doing engine noise. He stopped for a moment and looked at the man who was leading other little boy in pond’s direction. With ' whoosh' sound he took a turn to his father and brother to say them the news.

"Baba, baba!"

Junmyeon waved to him, all ears in what Minseok was saying. His elder son was explaining him twisted plot of Wolverine, when his phone rang. He looked at the screen and all his happiness floated away.

“Oh no… not him again… Sorry boys, I need to take that.”

“Baba, baba! There are duc…” excited Zitao run back to him.

“Not now, Zitao. Dad has to answer that dummy old fart’s call.” As he said, he did. But Tao didn’t give up.

“But babaaaaaa…”

“That’s enough Zitao! Whatever you want, it can wait ten minutes, until dad end his phone call. Minseok, go buy some ice-cream.” Junmyeon gave boy some money. With sigh he sat on the bench and apologized person in the other side of the phone. And tried to not burst with anger on annoying Mr. Kwon.

 

Junmyeon spend another ten minutes, trying to get rid of his client, when he noticed Minseok running to him with two ice cream cornets in his hands and tears in his eyes. Every little inch of his body started screaming that something is wrong.

“I’m truly sorry Mr. Kwon but I really need to go. If you have any further questions, please call my deputy. Good bye.” He left this crazy situation in Baek’s hands. He didn’t put phone away yet, when he asked a question. “What’s going on, Minnie?”

“Taozi. He’s gone.”

“What do you mean, ‘he’s gone’?” Jun looked horrified on his sobbing son.

“I’m sorry daddy. He chose his flavor and I just turned for a second to pay and then he wasn’t by my side anymore. I’m so sorry, I…”

Junmyeon put his hands on his son’s shoulders. When Minseok focused his teary gaze on him, he petted his hair and said, “It’s not your fault, okay? We’ll find him.”

 

 

*

Jongdae looked at lonely dark-haired child, watching curiously the ducks on the other side of the pond. He had cute red sweatshirt with ‘WOLF 88’ on back and he was hugging hilariously big teddy panda. He could swear that it was bigger than kid.

“Hello there. Where is your mom, kiddo?” Man squatted in front of the child.

“Gege says she’s with angels.” Boy didn’t even looked at him, totally in ducks.

“Is that so? Here.” He gave him some bread. Kid took it with enthusiastic smile and joined Sehun. It wouldn’t skip his attention, that child was mixing Korean and Chinese. “Should we look for your dad then?”

“Baba is busy with Mr. dummy old fart.” He gave him a pitying look, one of those how-dare-you-suggest-to-disturb-my-father. Chen couldn’t help but laugh.

“Jongdae, look.” Sehun pulled his sleeve and pointed at shwings on other kid’s shoes. “Cool. Can I have one?”

“Er, sure, I’ll think about it when your birthday comes.”

“But it’s almost year ahead!” his nephew whined.

They didn’t noticed that dark haired child had kneeled and removed his laces, meanwhile.

“Here, I have more.”

Kid grinned, pushing shwings under Sehun’s nose. He glanced unsure on Jongdae, looking for approval. For Jongdae’s sake, before he could even think what to do, they heard sweet voice with a pitch of panic.

 

“Oh my God! Zitao!”

Boy raised his head immediately with a big grin.

“Baba!”

In a second, he despaired in tight embrace.

“You little rascal! Do you have any idea, how worried I was?” man said and started tickling boy. Kid was giggling like a mad.

“Ha ha ha, stop, baba, stop.”

“You rascal. You almost gave me a heart attack, what should you say?”

“Sorry, baba.” Boy was still giggling, when his father stopped and kissed top of his head.

“Don’t do that ever again. And say sorry to Minseok.”

“Why?” Tao sulked. He wasn’t a person who liked to apologize. Especially his brother.

“You made him worry about you. Apologize.” Boy was staring at him for few long seconds. Junmyeon frowned and warned boy with firm voice.“Now, Zitao.”

“I’m sorry gege,” he said with no remorse. Jun sighed.

“I don’t mind, leprechaun” older one smiled. Tao winced at the nickname. “I’m glad you’re okay.”

 

Jongdae was eyeing the scene amused. It wouldn’t skip his attention, how good looking was the father. Nice. So nice. And so cute, together with his sons. Just damn perfect. With this nice figure under the… well, grandpa like clothes. (But hey, who was he to judge, anyway?) With the wind running through the dark hair. And with this deep brown eyes, which made him... okay Chen, you should stop. Then the owner of those eyes turned to him.

“Thank you for checking out my boy, sir.”

“Oh, I didn’t do anything. So their yours? Cool kids.” His lips curled into a kitten-ish smile

“Thank you. Is that yours?” Junmyeon looked confused at the man.

“Sehun? Ahaha no, no. I wish. I love children. His my brother’s kid. I’m just babysitting. Apparently my job and being godfather makes me the best nanny in the city.”

“That’s not true.” Sehun gave him ‘judging you so hard’ look. “Mom says it’s because you are as ‘mature’…” he did quotation mark move with his fingers “…as I am and…”

Man covered his mouth, “Oooookay Sehun, go and play with Zitao in sandbox.” Jongdae pushed both of them in the direction of sandbox and sat on the bench with loud sigh.

Junmyeon tried to keep poker face. With quite lame result, when he chuckled.

“Oh, Zitao wait! What’s with your shoes?” Junmyeon frowned and kneeled to fixing his son’s Nikes.

“I wanted to give Sehun shwings. I can, right daddy?” Kid show his father shwings he’d taken off his shoes.

“No, no, I’m so sorry, don’t listen to him,” Jongdae interrupted. “Sehun just found them cool and…”

“It’s not a problem. He has a lot of them,” Jun smiled and encourage other kid to take the present. “My friend bestrews him with gifts like that. It won’t hurt him. “ Sehun took it hesitantly and grinned.

“Sehun, what do you say?” Jongdae sighed.

“Thank you!”

And both boys ran to sandbox, dragging Minseok with them.

 

 

So… y, kind and generous. Jongdae couldn’t help, but find man attractive.

“Thank you. That’s very nice both of you and your son.”

“No problem. It’s not like he starve without them. His godfather is a fashionista, who likes to turn my son into a doll…” Jun sighted. For a second there was awkward silence between them.  Junmyeon was looking at kids in the sandbox, while Jongdae was giving the father secret glances.

“Soooo Zitao? Isn’t it Chinese name?” Jongdae changed the subject.

“Indeed it is. My wife insisted to name him after her grandfather. She’s half Chinese.” Was… was half Chinese, Junmyeon reprimanded himself in mind.

“Ah, I see. So you are a housekeeper and she’s a woman in pants?”

“What? No.” Junmyeon chuckled. “I’m a single father. I’m working full time as you see.”

Jun pointed at his kids. Working and having kids was filling his schedule till the last second of day.

“Ahaha, it must be hard for you.” Not like Chen really cared. Word ‘single’ was important here and made him focus on those nice lips and sweet voice even more.

“It’s not easy but I don’t complain. Boys are the best thing, that happened in my life.”

“So where is she?” he asked before he remembered and bit his tong. Zitao’d told him.

“She’s dead.”

It sounded so emotionless, that it almost hurt. Jongdae looked at him a bit confused. Mostly death of mother of your children isn’t something that you say as it was talking about the weather.

“Oh, I’m sorry…”

“Don’t be, Mr. ….?”

“Kim Jongdae. But friends call me Chen.” Man reached his hand.

Someone would call it coincident. Others called it fate. But exactly at that moment when Jongdae was introducing himself, someone laid a rubber on the street. Junmyeons hand stopped halfway. He felt like someone had just broken some glass wall inside his mind. He kneeled down and grabbed his head with eyes wide opened.

“No…”

“Hey! Everything is okay? What’s going on?”  Chen looked confused and threatened.

When Minseok heard Jongdae’s cry, his head bobbed. Kid got out of the sandbox, leaving his brother and Sehun behind and rushed to his father. He hugged him closely. But Junmyeon wasn’t there. Everything was so far and muted. Unwanted memories were filling his mind painfully. And he was crying.

 

 

 

*

“C’mon, just one more time. Kids love that song.” She meant ‘Love is an open door’ from Frozen, which they’d sung like thousand times already.

“Chen! My throat is like a desert” he said with no anger but shot her a witty look. He gave her that nickname long time ago and he used it only in private. Same as she called him Suho, when they were alone. Rarely when they was with kids. That’s why he named his company ‘Suho security’. Those nicknames were their thing. And only theirs.

“You know, I’ll reward you, when we reach home” she said seductively.

“Don’t tease me Kim Jeonghae” he chuckled above the wheel. He could see her smirk in the rearview mirror.

“Oh I don’t know what you mean, Kim Junmyeon!” His wife was giggling so adorable. Could he be more happy? Probably not.

“Mommy why are you laughing?” Zitao asked from the back seat.

“You’ll understa… Suho watch out!”

Out of the blue on the street appeared a kid who was chasing the ball. Child looked up and froze. Junmyeon crossed the wheel and hit the brakes. They heard a squeal of tires. Jun jerked the wheel again. Not fast enough. The strong impact hit their vehicle from the right. Car jumped on the curb and started overturning. It seemed like an endless spinning.

In few seconds everything was over. The car was on the roof. His head was bleeding nastily. He saw his wife, curled protectively around their four-year-old. Zitao was crying.

“Jeonghae? Minseok?”

“I’m okay, dad.” He heard from the backseat.”Mom?”

He inhaled painfully and very careful unfastened the belt.

“Mommy…My arm hurts… baba.”

“Don’t cry, Zitao. Daddy will be there in a moment.” Junmyeon managed to get out. He looked at the car terrified. It was crushed from Jonghae’s side.

Firstly he helped Minseok leave the car.

“Mom!” Boy repeated with terrified voice, when he was out.

“Chen, hon, are you okay? I need you to get out.” There was no answer. “Chen? Zitao, come here.” Junmyeon reached down to the car and carefully pulled out his son. “Take him Minseok. And call the ambulance.”

“Mommy?” Zitao cried. He struggled, trying to escape from his brother embrace. Both of them were scared and shocked.

The driver from the truck which hit them was running forward them with his phone by his ear. There could be heard: ‘oh my god’s, repeating like a mantra.

“Chen, honey. Chen.” He was calling her with no result, as he kneeled by the passenger window.

Remembering what he was told on the course in first aid, he carefully get out his wife’s from the car. She wasn’t breathing.

“Oh God… No, Chen, no.” He started resuscitation. “Oh no… No! Chen. Chen! Don’t you dare die on me! Don’t you dare die on me! Don’t you… It’s not funny. Don’t you dare die on me! Do you hear me?! Don’t you dare. Chen. Chen, please. Chen! Open your eyes. No, no, no, no, no, no. Chen!” Junmyeon was crying. He heard the ambulance, far, far away. He gave her two inhales and started pressing on her chest again. “You and me against the world… right? Chennie… Please, I’m begging you. Wake up.”

“Please move, sir.” Rescue worker took his place by force.

Someone brought AED and Jun saw, how they put on her oxygen mask and tear his wife red dress.

“Clear!”

Her body jumped from the impulse. First rescuer attempted to pressing on her chest.

“Bring the stretcher!”

“Junmyeon!” He heard familiar voice. He looked at his brother with unseeing eyes. Two steps behind him was Baekhyun. Minseok must have call them. Smart kid.

Someone was bustling about him, trying to disinfect and dress his wounds. Junmyeon’s eyes were fixed on his wife. How her body was jumping again and again, how someone’s hands was trying to make her heart bit. He saw all this but he didn’t hear anything. Though he was sure, they were shouting something. When he felt someone’s hands on his shoulders, he got out from embrace, which wanted to lead him to the ambulance.

“Don’t touch me.”

“Sir, please, your wound is bad. It needs to be taken care of.”

“I said leave me alone!”

He stood as a stick in one place observing man, who tried to help love of his life. He didn’t care about blood running down his face. A terror glistened in Jun’s eyes, when the rescue worker stopped pressing on his wife chest and turned to him. No.

“I’m really sorry.”

“No!” Junmeyon jumped and run to his lifeless wife. He pushed the man and started resuscitation again. “ No! No! You can’t die. You can’t leave me.” He’s voice broken and he slowly stopped, embracing her. “You are my every morning.” Junmyeon was cuddling beloved body, crying soundlessly, swaying back and forth.

“Hyung, we should go.”

“No. No!” Junmyeon shook  Baekhyun’s hand off his shoulder.

Next and first thing Junmyeon remembered, was waking up with no memory. He was in hospital and he didn’t know why. He was explained what’s going on, but he didn’t understand what they were saying. It was madness. He didn’t know who he was, he didn’t know where he was, who he lived with, what he was doing for his life. All his twenty eight life was a blank sheet of paper.

During Jeonghae’s funeral, everyone walked on eggshells around him but he even hadn’t remembered the woman in the coffin. Three of them looked like a portrait of misery. He just stayed there, with blank expression, resting his hands on his sons shoulders and with head wrapped around with bandages. Zitao was crying loudly and calling for his mother, rubbing his eyes with one hand as second was in plaster. Minseok was sobbing silently with head down. All three had multiple scratches and bruises.

Then, after, everyone continued tiptoeing, trying not to mention nothing about her.

Zitao was the worse. It was hard to explain four-year-old, that his father didn’t remember anything and what happened to his mommy. Minseok was the strongest. He kept brother close to him, comforting him all the time.

 

 

 

*

It all was a sick coincidence. It was coincidence, he could sneak out of his work that day. It was coincidence, they decided go back home different way. It’ was coincidence, that boy ran out on the street. It was coincidence, but still his fault, that his wife died. But finally it was coincidence that man was named as he was.

“No. No. No, no, no, no, no, no, no.”

“It’s okay dad. It’s okay.” His kid was rubbing his back. So much power in such a little body. “You’ll be fine.”

“No! How could I…” Junmyeon was crying. “I’m so sorry, Minnie. I so, so sorry. I’m sorry Chen.”

Jongdae looked at him really confused. Minseok rushed with explanation, before man could ask about anything.

“Dad means my mom.”

“Oh…”

“She’s dead… my Chen. She’s dead. Oh God, please no. How could I forget?!”

“It’s okay dad. We know it’s hard for you. Mom wouldn’t mind that, you know?”

Chen was looking at the boy and couldn’t believe. How this happened, that small kid, was comforting his parent like an adult. He couldn’t be older than ten and he looked even younger. Minseok took phone from his father jacket.

Meanwhile Jongdae recovered from the shock and knelt beside Junmyeon.

"Sir? Come on, I think you should take a seat."

He helped the man stand up and left him to the bench. He glanced at kids in sandbox. They were playing loudly with twin girls and hadn't even noticed that something was wrong. Minseok was by his father's other side.

"Here you go. Should I go buy you some water?" Jun wasn't responding, so he looked at his son.

"It would be really kind of you, sir."

"Please, it's Jongdae. Look after your brother and Sehun, I'll be back in three minutes."

Kid nodded. He was calmly petting Junmyeon's back. But Jun was in deep shock now and didn't seem like realizing what's going on around him. Minseok dialed a number.

"Uncle Baekhyun!"

"Hey Minnie, what's up?"

"Can you come to park? Like now?"

"Well... I suppose? But what’s going on?"

"I think dad's memory is back... I don't know what to do."

"Okay, I'll be there in ten." There were a lot of concern so unfamiliar for Baekhyun in his voice.

"Please, hurry."

 

Before Chen was back, panting Baekhyun finally joined them. He beat his running life record for sure.

"Baekhyunnie ahjussi!" Tao ran to him, when he spotted bending man with hands on his knees, trying to catch a breath.

"Stop calling me that, Taozilla," he split between breaths and stuck his tongue to the kid, like an adult he was, then focused on his friend. "Hyung? Hey Jun, talk to me."

Man raised his eyes. He looked at Baekhyun with mix of horror, sorrow and pain. He still was sobbing.

"What's wrong with baba?" Boy looked confused.

"Not now, Taozi. Go play with other kids.” Baekhyun waved him into sandbox direction. Tao pouted and didn’t really looked like he was going anywhere. Baek didn’t care though, just squatted in front of Junmyeon. “Hyung. Hello there. Earth to Jun. Is anyone alive there?"

Baekhyun frowned.

“Okay kids, we have to go…”

“We can’t. We have to wait for Mr. Kim.”

"Who? Whatever. Okay, here is the thing. Your father need to rest, so I'll call miss Park and..."

"Miss Park quitted" Minseok interrupted again.

"She what?! When?"

"On Wednesday.”

“But she was perfect! I thought Zitao likes her.”

“He did. Till she decided to make the best pancakes in the world.”

Baekhyun rubbed his temple. Right. Pancakes were a tabu.

“Oh noo… what an ungrateful kid. Zitao, do you know how long it took me to find someone old, nice, with boat of patience and always available? Someone who has no chance to be Jun’s future wife? And there wasn't a threat that you'll starve to death or your father poison you with his cooking!” Zitao totally ignored him, playing with his teddy panda. “Oh kkaeb song… she was doing so great. She was an angel! She broke the record!” Baekhyun didn’t noticed Jongdae, who appeared behind him. On his face was something between amuse and confusion as he heard part of conversation.

“Yup, exactly two months and eighteen days. Mr. Kim, you’re back!”

“Yeah… Baekhyun?”

“Chen? What are you doing here? You missed me so much that you couldn’t wait till Thursday?”

“You wish. I have no need to look at your ty face more than once a week” Jongdae retorted with a smirk. “I’m living here, Bacon. Like for two weeks now. I’ve told you. Thanks for listening…”

“You did? I didn’t know you can afford for living in Gangnam.”

Jongdae sighed with frustration.

“I can’t. I’m taking care of friends flat. Never mind. I believe we have an issue here.” He pointed smartly on Junmyeon.

“That’s why you moved out from Chanyeol! Now that makes sense.”

“You seriously haven’t asked him for all that time, where I’ve been?”

“I’ve been busy.” He shrugged. “Are you their new babysitter?”

“I’m what? No!”

“Oh, you did things like that before. Don’t you want to?”

“I’m about to finish my master degree, remember?”

“In music Jongdae. That doesn’t mean you’ll have a real work.”

“I’d like to remind you, that your boyfriend is on the major with me.”

“Well, I have money.”

“Oh just shut up. Here” he pushed the bottle in his hands. “Sehunnie, we’re going home.”

“Whoa. Aren’t we touchy today?” Baekhyun grinned. “PMS?”

“Get lost. You have friend to take care of.”

“Right.”

 

 

*

Junmyeon let Baekhyun to lead him back home. His friend ordered kids to go to Minseok’s room and choose pizza they’d like to eat for dinner. There was no way that anyone here would cook right now, anyway Junmyeon was hopeless in that matter, and as far as Baek knew, Kyungsoo, their only hope, was in a plane right now. That’s why he told Minseok to get whatever they wanted and meanwhile he entered to Junmyeon’s room and helped him to sit on the bed. His hyung didn’t look well. Who would? His eyes were red, swollen and empty. And he murmured some soundless nonsense. That was kinda scary too.

“Hey, Jun. Are you alright?” Stupid question, of course he wasn’t. Baekhyun shook his arm, to draw his attention. “Jun, don’t be like that. It’s not an end of the world.”

This words sounded bitter and quite false. They should offer a comfort, except they didn’t.

“She’s dead.”

Baekhyun scowled. He didn’t have to be reminded about it.

“It’s my fault…”

“It’s not.”

“I’m the one who’s suppose be dead,” he continued without listening. He stood up and started to walking circles around the room with hands pressed to his temples. “It’s my fault. I killed her. I don’t deserve to live. I should be dead.”

“Stop! She wouldn’t like that. You blaming yourself. That wasn’t your fault.”

“It was! But you don’t even care. You don’t understand it. How could you? You weren’t there. I should be dead instead!” Junmyeon cried.

“You think this’ll bring her back to life?!” Baekhyun shouted. “She was like sister to me. I’d also grieved!” He pushed him to the wall, gripping his shirt till his knuckles were white. “Stop self-pity. She told you, you have exactly one morning after her death for being bereaved.  And then start living again.” Jun gave him a shocked look. “Yeah, I received a letter too. So pick yourself the up.”

True, Jeonghae had a thing to the epistolography and was writing a lot of letters, even though it is a dying art. So it wasn’t anything surprising that Baekhyun, who practically raised with her, received a letter to.

“What do you expect me to do?”

“Go on a date.” He released him.

“For goodness sake, I can’t date a woman! I’ve buried my wife, Baek!”

“A year ago.”

“Geez, you are such a .”

“You used to love my , because you know. Now you remember.” Baekhyun grinned.

“Why do I even talk with you?” Junmyeon rolled his eyes and looked at Baek with high reprimand to show him, how inappropriate that comment was. Jun looked like he was about to punch Baekhyun but also he knew, he wouldn’t be able to do that. He would miss for sure. It caused only burst of laugh. Whole argue tension was gone.

“Because I’m your best friend and you love me. And because you made poor worried Minseok called me after you freaked out. I’ll call Chanyeol to take care of kids and we’ll go out.”

Junmyeon was about to protest, but Baekhyun put his phone on the speaker already.

Yeobseyo?

“Channie!”

NO.

“Wha… You don’t even know, what I wanted to say.”

The answer is still ‘no’.

Click. Beep, beep, beep. Baekhyun looked like he was going to burn his smartphone just with his eyes.

“Park Chanyeol, did you just hang up on me?! YAAAHHHHHH!!!”

“You know, yelling at the phone won’t make it…”

“Okay, never mind, I’ll deal with him later.” Devious smirk danced on his lips. Junmyeon felt sorry for poor Chanyeol immediately. “We’ll have to stay here.”

They ate dinner with Minseok and Zitao. Then four of them spent some time on watching TV and playing games. After a bit fight they managed to put kids to beds, with accompany of whines, about nine.

Baekhyun fast made himself like home. In no time he put in front of Junmyeon two glasses and bottle of vodka which he’d for sure taken from elder’s cabinet.

“Are you serious?”

“Deadly. If we cannot go out, we’re going to commemorate Jeonghae here. Tomorrow, we’ll go on her grave. And at twelve I’ll see your back in the work.”

Junmyeon was thinking about it for few seconds but eventually he took the bottle.

“That’s my boy!” Baekhyun grinned.

“Watch it. I’m your hyung here.” He shot him a warning glare, which was as threatening as a fluffy kitten.

“Boo-hoo, watch how I’m trembling.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes. He raised his glass. “For Joenghae.”

“Yeah. For my beautiful wife. Our best friend, mother of my children, love of my life” Junmyeon said, putting her picture from  a wallet on the table.

Junmyeon almost forgot that there was no holding back when drinking with Baekhyun. His glass was all the time full and he even didn’t know, from where that alcohol came from. But he didn’t care. He liked the feeling, he didn’t want to be sober that night. There were joys and sorrows, when they went down memory lane. Finally, he was able to talk about his wife, his friends, his life. Finally he didn’t feel empty.

“How about that, I’ll set you up with Chen. You met him today.” Tipsy Baekhyun noticed that Junmyeon glowered at him. “What? Why are you looking at me, like I’ve killed your cat. Chen’s pretty handsome...”

“Stop calling him that,” Junmyeon snatched with grumpy voice.

“Why? That’s his nickname. Everybody call him Chen.”

“I said stop.”

“Okay, okay. Nevertheless his cute. And he’s not a girl, so your problem is solved.”

“I won’t date a guy.”

“Why not? You’re not completely straight anyway…”

“I said no.”

“But why? Don’t you like him? He’s…”

“Cut it Baekhyun,” Junmyeon yelled at him. And leaded by anger he added before he thought. “I don’t need someone like him for my kids! They need a mother, not some twisted relationship, which cause bullying and laugh in their schools!”

“Okay.”

Baekhyun stood up with blank face before turning on his heel. It made Junmyeon realize and sobering in a second.

“Baek… I…” He followed him. “Wait. I didn’t mean to. I’m sorry.”

Younger one pushed away his hand. Junmyeon whined helplessly.

“Please, Baek. I’m really sorry.”

But his friend only slipped into his shoes. “I still see your in work at twelve.”

And just like that, he slammed the door on elder’s face.

Junmyeon stared at door for few seconds, before hitting it with his fist. I’m an idiot.

“Dad?” Minseok peered sleepily out of his room. “What’s going on? Where is uncle Baekhyun?”

Junmyeon shot him embarrassed glance.

“I… he’s just left. Go to the bed.”

 

 

*

I’m an idiot. I’m an idiot, who just made my best friend sad. The one, who is always there, when I need it. Junmyeon was chanting in his mind, sitting on the apartment building stairs.

“Oh, that’s you again.” Kitty smile man, who shared nickname with Junmyeon’s wife, appeared in front of him. There was concern in his voice. “How are you?”

“Hard to tell… It’s kind of funny, because I’m reliving my grief after a year… when I’d buried love of my life as a stranger, with no emotion in my heart. And it hurts like hell.” He laughed bitterly. He didn’t know, why he was talking about this to the total stranger. But he didn’t care anymore. “Oh, yeah and I made my best friend sad, by being an .”

“I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to…”

Junmyeon lit the cigarette and took a drag. He exhaled slowly.

“Don’t sweat about it. She left me amazing treasure that I have to take care of. I missed my chance to dig myself into the blankets with a box of tissues and locked doors.”

Chen looked at him with weird eyes.

“Oh, please, my wife gave me exactly the same look. I know, my jokes are lame. Why everyone has to point it to me.” Junmyeon sulked with a fake sorrow.

That made Jongdae seriously laugh. Junmyeon thought that it was one of those laughs, which you can’t forget and you’ll always hear among hundreds of people. He offered a cigarette to the man, when other sat beside him, but he only shook his head politely.

“I would never tell you are a smoker. You don’t look like one.”

“I used to be. I think I forgot how good it is. My wife hated it. So I quit…”

Jongdae nodded and sat next to him.

“Actually, I don’t even know your name.”

“Oh… sorry.” Jun searched his pocket and took out his business card. “Kim Junmyeon.”

Chen raised his eyebrow. “CEO of Suho security? You are defending my house!”

“And half of the neighborhood.” Jun chuckled.

“Wow, I would never thought you can be some kind of kickass.” Jongdae looked suspiciously at his arms. “What you are hiding under that sleeves?”

“I’m not. I barely know how to keep a gun.”

“Oh…” he sounded truly disappointed.

“Hey! What’s with that ‘oh’?”

“You know, I though you are some kind of knight in shining armor…”

“Haha sorry for disappoint you. I think, Jeonghae was one of them more than me. Being a mom is tough thing…”

“Being a single father also must be hard.”

“It is. I think my friends and family hate me, when I can’t find babysitter on time.” He laughed.

“No way. They are such a cuties!”

“I said me, not them.”

“Touche. I’m good with kids, so if you don’t find anyone next time, you can knock to my door.” Jongdae grinned. Junmyeon eyed him skeptically but nodded with a thankful smile. “So what’s the problem with your friend? If you want to talk about it.”

Jun put out the cigarette and looked up, wondering. Then he looked back on Jongdae, who had been staring at him and now was blushing, like he was caught red-handed. Though elder didn’t seem to noticed, still a bit tipsy.

“I’m just a jerk.” He sighted. “Maybe unintentional, but it doesn’t make things right.”

Jongdae nodded, waiting patiently if other one wanted to say something more. And he did.

“Ironically I said to my gay best friend, gay relationships are twisted.” Jongdae winced a little. He didn’t saw any irony in that – a lot of straight people see them that way. It made his heart flinch, though. “I really didn’t mean that. I just wanted him to back off… and Baek didn’t give me a chance, to apologize.”

Jongdae looked again at the business card with which he was playing all that time. Only now realization hit him.

“Wait! Kim Junmyeon?! That Kim Junmyeon? Byun Baekhyun’s best friend?”

“Hm? Yeah… do you know him?”

“No way, you had that ridiculous blonde hair!”

“Wha… how can you know?”

“We’ve met at some parties before.”

Junmyeon frowned in confusion. He definitely didn’t remember man in front of him. The big one, Chanyeol, yes. But not him.

“We did? I’m  sorry, but I don’t recall you…”

“Probably because Baekhyun made you drink as mad every single time…”

“Oh, that can be a reason…”

They spent another half an hour on chattering and gossiping, when Junmyeon decided he should probably go back. Jongdae agreed that he should get going as well, standing up and brushing his off the dust. Surprisingly they both walked in the same direction and burst out laugh, when they realized Jongdae lived just across the corridor right now, taking care of his friend and Jun’s neighbor flat.

“By the way, you can call me Chen!” younger one said cheerfully. He didn’t notice, that Junmyeon flinched a little.

“I’ll stay with Jongdae, if that’s not a problem.”

“Sure, whatever you want, man.” He grinned anyway. “Sleep tight!”

Junmyeon closed the doors behind him. He needed to agree with Baekhyun – Jongdae has his charm. But that didn’t mean he was going to date him. He really needed to apologize Baek though. He was pretty sure, other one won’t show up on the cemetery.

Junmyeon was so tired, he just took a quick shower, then headed back his room and yelped in surprise, when he saw movement in his blankets. Raven haired head stock out of them. Jun looked at his son and pinch of sorrow run through his heart as he looked so alike his wife.

“Dad, why are you sad?” he asked very sleepy and a bit scared.

“I’m not, buddy. Having a bad dream again?”

Zitao nodded with eyes fixed on his stuffed panda. He was ashamed of his nightmares.

“You want to sleep in my bed, baby?” Junmyeon sat down by his son and kissed his hair. Boy nodded again. “Are you mad at me?”

“No, of course no. Why would I?”

“Because you look sad, baba.” Tao bit his lip. It made Junmyeon’s heart clenched. He laid down, taking his son with him and hugging him closely. Zitao cuddled into his chest but looked unsure. “Have I done something, daddy? Is it about the park?”

“You haven’t done anything wrong, baby. I just messed up with your uncle and I’m a bit angry at myself. It has nothing to do with you, okay?” He ensured kid, hugging him even closer. Boy nodded into his chest and fell asleep, feeling safe. It wasn’t so easy for Junmyeon.

 

 

*

“Are you two still dating?”

Good morning to you too, Chen.” sleepy voice sounded unclear from the speaker. Yet Jongdae had his hands full of his cat and navigating with phone would be pain in the . “You mean me and Baekhyun? Yeah, you know that, bro… when you are going to stop that? It’s like a beginning of every single phone call we’ve had since year… You’ll never get bored?

“Well at least I’ve tried… I still have hopes, Baekhyun will open his eyes, leave you and I’ll take care about his y .”

Thanks, Chen. Really. Why am I even friends with you, again? Anyway his team bottom. Same as you.

“Ouch. You don’t know that! I’m very dominant!” Jongdae pouted but Chanyeol of course couldn’t see that. Although he knew his friend well enough to laugh.

Sure.” Jongdae  literally saw this big grin plastered to Yeol’s face. “So what’s up with my boyfriend?

“He’s working in that security thing, right?” Jongdae asked casually, scratching his tabby behind her ears, earning satisfied purr.

Yup. In his friend’s company. And you know that too.

“I’d like you to ask him about someone.” Hell yeah, Baekhyun was walking Wikipedia of gossips. And they were friends with mysterious Kim Junmyeon. “So there is a guy, you probably know him…”

After about a minute, when he realized who was a subject, Chanyeol interrupted Jongdae’s monolog.

Chen. Don’t do this to yourself… Do you really want to be hurt again so much? He’d lost his wife. And have kids. He’s probably straight as an arrow…

Jongdae scowled. Not like every man he had fell for was straight or was going to use him and leave. After their night chit chat, he was pretty sure Junmyeon was straight, though. He just couldn’t help find man attractive.

“I know, I know. I just want to be sure. Can you ask Baek?”

Why won’t you do it yourself, man? He's your friend too.

“Okay, I’ll take it as rhetorical question. He laugh his at me and run to Junmyeon. So can you?”

I… can. But if he tell Junmyeon about it, don’t blame me.

Heeey~” Jongdae heard melodious voice on the other side of phone.

Oh, Baek’s home. I’ll ask him and call you back? Or you want to know answer immediately?

“No, no, call me back, Thanks, pal. Bye.”

And he hang out.


 


*

“You can’t be serious…” Junmyeon pinched bridge of his nose. “No, no, I understand… but where I find a babysitter, now?” He sighted heavily, when he started to drive again. Minseok was looking at him curiously, he could say just after one look into rearview mirror. “No, Beak is mad at me… uh, never mind, he just won’t answer my calls.” He navigated easily through the traffic. All three of them were dressed really nice, because they’d gone to cemetery. Now, after they managed to cross half of jammed city, Junmyeon was parking under the school and waggled to his boys to get out. “Listen, I have to go. No need to be sorry, it’s not your fault.”

“What’s up, dad?”

Junmyeon took Zitao on piggyback and helped Minseok with his backpack. Seriously, what the hell they ordered those poor children to carry in this backpacks? Stones?

“Ehh, aunty can’t take you from school today and I have that stupid meeting. You’ll have to stay in an after-school clubroom, okay?” They entered to school, it was eleven already and Minseok was just about to start classes. Boy winced a little.

“We were supposed to go on match with Lulu today…”

“I know, I’m so sorry, buddy.” Junmyeon really didn’t like to let down his kids, but what could he do? “I’ll try to find a babysitter, okay? But if not, just take Zitao to the clubroom and wait for me or uncle Baekhyun.”

Boy nodded and gave Junmyeon quick kiss on the cheek, when his father bent down, to put Zitao on the ground. Jun helped Minseok to wear his backpack and waved for goodbye. He took his youngest offspring’s hand and went down the corridor to the kindergarten part of complex.

“Have fun, baby.”

“You too, dad!” Tao wrapped his little hands around Junmyeon’s thighs in hug and run to his friends.

Jun sighted and got back to his car.

“.” He  hit his head on the wheel. He was still a little hangover, dealing with lost, painful memories, his best friend was mad at him, he almost started to cry in front of his kids and then he let them down because of stupid meeting. And realized he forgot his briefcase. Jun let out a dying whale sound, “What other amazing things will happen to me today?”

Whole his way back, he was on his phone, trying to find a babysitter.

 

 

*

Jongdae jumped on his phone, when it started ringing. He grinned like a mad.

“Chanyeol~” he sing-songed.

Yo! According to Baekhyun, he’s bi.

“Woah… great!” Jongdae was dancing around his friend place, watering the plants or rather poor imitation of plants, he was trying to save, since he’d moved in. The owner hadn’t been giving them a lot of attention. Jongdae supposed they were presents or something, forgotten in busy life of businessman.

Chen, don’t,” Yeol cried.

“Oh, c’mon. Not like I’m gonna make him going out with me. I’ll just hang around a little.”

You’ll asking yourself for trouble… I swear, if you come to me with whining, I’ll push you out of the window.

Jongdae chuckled, not really seeing it. Baekhyun? Maybe. But Chanyeol – never. “Okay, okay, I won’t. Pinky promise.” He put down watering can and moved to the kitchen. He still had some time before his classes and decided to make a good sandwich.

Chanyeol grumbled low but eventually let go.

For your record, he’s also rich.

“Well done Sherlock. So what he’s rich?” Jongdae frowned and earned a snort. If he didn’t earn in thousands per month, he couldn’t date a guy who did?

Chen, he’s not ordinary rich…

“What do you mean?” He was getting annoyed. Chen wasn’t about money. He didn’t care. He just found Junmyeon incredible attractive, was it a crime, for goodness sake?

Let’s just say, that he manages to spend a vacations in Burj Al Arab with family…

“Oh great! That’s suppose to ring a bell?” Jongdae rolled his eyes so hard, that he almost could look on the back of his skull. He took a plate and almost fell on his cat, drawing eights between his legs. He cursed a little, scolding the kitten and putting plate on the table. The keys noise drew his attention, so he sneaked to the door and looked through the peep-hole. Well, speaking of the devil.

One night is twenty k per person.

“Oh... Oh.”

 

 

*

Junmyeon leaned his head against his door, trying open them blindly. He heard the door behind him opened.

“Hi there! Bad day?”

“Uh… hello, Jongdae. Yeah, kinda.” Jun leaned his back on the door, to chat with his newly found neighbor. He looked very comfortable in his sweats, cat rubbing on his legs and phone in his hand. Smiling brightly as a damn sunshine. Totally opposite of Jun right now.

“Can I help you somehow?”

“That sweet, but if you don’t know any babysitter, who would take care of my two monsters, like… well now, I think you can’t.”

“Haven’t I told you yesterday, that in case like that, I can take care of them?” Jongdae grinned. He got a message from Yeol, who had been on the phone for a while, but Chen was ignoring him due to talk with Junmyeon, so he just hanged up. ‘Dude, that’s wrong, like stalking or sth…’ it said. But Jongdae didn’t care.

“Oh wow, really? How much do you take?”

Junmyeon focused his tired eyes on Jongdae, when he was eyeing him with amusement.

“No kidding, you want to pay me? Seriously?”

“Isn’t it like a babysitting is your job?” Junmyeon looked confused.

Jongdae was looking at him for a moment, before he realize that Junmyeon was totally serious. He burst into laugh.

“No. I’m a voice tutor. Or I’m going to. More like a student. But I’ve already working.” He smiled when Junmyeon looked at him even more confused because of river of information. “Whatever. I meant it as a friendly favor.”

“Oh no. I can’t just left you my kids like that. Trust me. After two hours, you’ll be threatening me with enormous rise of you payment or you’ll quit. I mean – Minseok is an angel. But Zitao is a true demon… And he probably even won’t talk to you.”

Jongdae was laughing again. With this sort of annoying, but somehow pleasant for Junmyeon, laugh, that cannot be forgotten.

“Oh you spread doom and gloom. He cannot be that bad!”

“He’s a kid…” Junmyeon winced on some memories in his mind. “He mistakes some things… Once he put a dead goldfish into his new nanny’s purse. Other time he made someone’s coat a canvas… He’s also only five and he gets into a fights!” Jun sighed, not really sure, what he should do with his kid. “And he don’t like strangers…”

“I’m not a total stranger, though.” Jongdae gave him a warm smile. “And he talked to me… kinda.”

“Still, I think it’s not fair not to pay you.”

“Well then, you can treat me a dinner, okay?”

Junmyeon was thinking about it for a second. He just saw an image of that goofy grin on Baekhyun’s face. Finally he nodded, “Okay.”

“Then we have a deal.” Jongdae gave him a handshake. Junmyeon just laughed a bit.

“Thank you. You’re saving my .”

“It’s worth saving,” Jongdae said, before he managed to bit his tongue. Fortunately Junmyeon hadn’t noticed and started to giving him addresses, numbers and instructions. Then it hit him, how bad he’ll be late and rushed to his car, needing to come back for his briefcase again. Jongdae couldn’t help but stare on Junmyeon’s , when he was walking away. Yeah, it was definitely worth of saving.

 

 

*

Junmyeon was surprised, when he came back home really late and his kids were in beds and flat wasn’t totally damaged. Honestly, since his wife had died, he couldn’t remember any of babysitters had managed to put his kids to sleep before he was back home. Jongdae was dozing off on the couch with some note sheets on his chest and book on the floor, which probably slipped there. Jun put his briefcase and the book on the table and peeked into both of his son’s rooms. Minseok had been reading a comics before he fell asleep, so the bed lamp was still on and book was in his hands. Junmyeon had loosen his tie before he took the book, set it on the desk,then he left butterfly kiss on Minseok’s forehead and he turned the light off. He closed door quietly behind himself. Zitao was also in dreamland, dug into a nest of blankets and his stuffed zoo, with soft light stars of night lamp dancing on walls. Junmyeon brushed his son’s too long bangs away from his baby face and leave a kiss as well. He felt so heart-warmed, so like home, that he wanted to stay like that forever. Like Jeonghae was outside, waiting for him to finish his every night ritual. Finally he closed these door as well and headed back to the living room. Jongdae shrugged, waking up from his nap.

“Oh, welcome back,” he murmured with raspy voice. “Sorry, I just…”

“Fell asleep?”

“Yeah,” Chen said, little embarrassed. “Sorry.”

“No sweat! As long as you put them in bed, it’s not a problem. How have you managed it?”

“What?”

“Put Zitao to bed?” Junmyeon was still amazed of it. Even Baekhyun couldn’t do that.

“He’s just ran out of stamina…” Junmyeon raised his eyebrows. Was it even possible? Zitao was like a walking generator. “Also all mine…” Jongdae whined. Yeah, that was possible. Jun chuckled.

“So he talked with you?”

“Not… exactly?” Jongdae pouted. Cute. “I bribed him with food, so he just told me like ten words by all day. He liked playing with my cat… We picked Minseok up and then we played tag game, not like I wanted but he looked to have fun running with my phone. He’s damn fast!”

Junmyeon was seriously laughing. Yeah, that’s totally sound like Zitao. “You are lucky, he didn’t throw it to a toilet or something.”

Jongdae’s eyes widened and he snorted, “Lucky me.”

“Haha, I’m sorry. But then – I’ve told you.”

“You’d better take me for amazing dinner, if I have to survive more this,” Jongdae teased.

“You’re not ‘quitting’?” Junmyeon was surprised.

“Nuh uh! I’m going to wrap him around my little finger. You’ll see.”

Junmyeon laughed. “I can’t wait to see it.”

They chatted for a while more and from word to word it happened that Jongdae declared to take care of Junmyeon’s kids.

 

 

*

It somehow happened, that Jongdae could call himself a full time babysitter.

Minseok was a sweet kid. He was shy but wise and when he started to talk about something he liked, Jongdae could sit and listen for hours. He would say, they found a bond. Sometimes the neighbor kid was dropping by. Luhan – Minseok’s best friend. Jongdae adored both of them, especially because they were interested in music. He was happy to teach them how to sing.

Zitao still wasn’t talking with him much more than ‘I want to watch’, ‘I want to eat’, ‘Can I play with a kitty’ and mostly in Chinese, but it was okay. He didn’t really mind.  At least he was approved enough that Zitao didn’t prank on him badly. Sometimes Jongdae brought Sehun with him and his nephew quickly became best buddies with Tao.

And he more than loved late evening chit-chats with Junmyeon. Jun often bought a really good wine and some snacks and they were talking about everything and nothing till late hours. It was nice but Jongdae felt a friend-zone and it irritated him. But he wasn’t about doing anything. He just couldn’t. Or in fact even when he tried to flirt with Junmyeon, other just didn’t noticed that. So he stopped trying.

“Do you have a suit?” Junmyeon asked one day.

“A suit?”

“Yeah…” Elder scratched back of his head. “It’s been a week and I still didn’t take you on that promise dinner, so I thought about Friday? So do you have a suit?”

“Uh… um, I do. Of course I do.”

Junmyeon laughed, seeing Jongdae’s puzzled face.

“Okay, I’m kidding. You won’t need one. But you have to be dress up nicely. Not like that.” He pointed at ripped jeans and long-sleeved grey-white striped shirt.

“What’s wrong with my clothes?” Jongdae looked truly shocked. “I’m not the one, who’s dressing like a grandfather!”

Junmyeon rolled his eyes. “No holes, no fancy patterns. Friday, okay?”

Jongdae laughed. It was just unfair of Junmyeon to be so cute.

“Aye, aye.”

 

 

*

So it’s a date?

“No, not really…” Ppang stepped into Jongdae’s lap, butted him with her tiny head, looking for attention. Jongdae petted her and she purred. “I wouldn’t call it a date.”

So how would you call it then?

Chen sighed, letting his cat to pet herself on his hand. “Well, payment? I refused to take money for babysitting and kinda extorted a dinner on Junmyeon. I’m pretty sure, he won’t see it in ‘date’ category.”

Chanyeol patted his cheek with a finger. Then pointed on Jongdae through the screen.

You never know.

“Yeah,” Chen was scratching Ppang behind her ears mindlessly.. “Yeah, I never know…”

Chen!

Jongdae made a dying whale sound, when Baekhyun’s face appeared on the screen. Lady gossip had perfect styled hair and really nice suite with loosen tie. Even if he came from work, he still looked fresh and stylish. In opposite to Chanyeol with his messy hairs, pj’s and box of tissues constantly in his hands. To confirm it, Yeol sneezed loudly. Probably because of his sniffing, they hadn’t heard when Baek came in.

“Baekhyun? What? How long have you been there?”

Long enough to catch ‘you’, ‘Junmyeon’ and ‘date’ in one sentence.

“Don’t misunderstand. It’s just a dinner for taking care of his kids. And that reminds me I need to make a dinner, so I…”

You meant reheat?” Baekhyun smiled mockingly.

“No, I meant cook.”

 “Don’t you dare poison my godchild!

“Hey, Kyungsoo’s giving me lessons!” he cried.

And it’s helping? Last I remember, you were quite hopeless…” Baek gave Jongdae skeptical look.

“’Were’, ‘were’ is a key word, Baekhyun. Soo says I’m pretty good,” he added proudly.

We’ll Baby Soo is always nice as long as you don’t destroy his kitchen or threaten his plants.” Baekhyun said simply as he was making a point. Jongdae shot him an unimpressed look.

“Nice? Like seriously? He’s a Satan… Anyway you’ll see. I’ll make you beg me for seconds!”

 

 

 

*

Baehyun came like a wrecking ball through the door.

“How dare you not tell me!” he cried.

“Good morning to you too, Baekhyun. Come in, closed door doesn’t mean you're supposed to knock at all.”

“Was it… a sarcasm? Oh my God, world’s going to end! Never mind,” he waved it. “You and Jongdae?! Why didn’t you tell me?! It was so embarrassing that Chanyeol knew before me!”

“You haven’t been exactly talking with me, lately,” Junmyeon pointed with a raised brow. It was a stupid paradox that thing which indirectly made them fight, was a reason, they were talking again. Although Baekhyun probably forgave him before he got to the first floor of Junmyeon’s apartment building that night, if he was even angry in a first place, but he needed his time to sulk and make Junmyeon miserable and begging for forgiveness, because it was Baekhyun. And Junmyeon knew him long enough, to dance to his tune – it meant a lot of effort to say sorry like thousand times with gifts and all that crap. It’s not easy to make diva forgive you even the tiniest rancour. “Don’t make a big deal about it, it’s just a thanking dinner…”

“It’s a date!” Baekhyun shouted with the biggest devilish smirk, shooting his arms to the sky.

“No, it’s not,” Jun cried.

“Oh yes, it is. Oh. My. God. You like him!”

“Okay, stop that.” Junmyeon winced irritated.

“Stop what?” Baekhyun’s grin got even bigger.

“You’re gonna blind me with those fangs.”

“Say that hyung, I’m waiting.”

“Okay ,okay, you were right. Now hide your damn teeth.”

 

 

*

Even though Baekhyun was a first person ship him with Jongdae, Junmyeon literally had to bribe his friend, to leave work earlier and made him a babysitter for the evening. So he managed to take his kids from school and spent nice afternoon with them. Minseok went to his room, due to his homework and Junmyeon was sitting on the couch with Zitao, watching Power Rangers. He just couldn’t understand how kids could like this, so he discreetly was reading a book, fortunately Zitao was too occupied with ridiculous show to notice. He almost thankfully welcomed the door bell.

“Is it Baekhyun, baba? Or Jongdae?”

Jun glanced on the watch. “No, I don’t think so. I’ll be right back, okay buddy?”

Zitao nodded not even taking his eyes from the screen, when Junmyeon went to open the door.

“Oh, hello Mr. Kim!” Little boy with the ball in his hands looked sincerely surprised, seeing Junmyeon home at this time.

“Hi Lu.”

“Can Minnie go out and play, Mr. Kim?”

Jun opened door widely and let Luhan inside.

“Well, only if he’s done with his homework. Have you finished yours Lu?”

The way how boy was avoiding his eyes was enough for answer but kid shook his head anyway. Junmyeon gave him a kind smile.

“So what would you tell about doing it together with Minseok? And if you’ll have any difficulties, I’ll help you both? If you finish quickly, you’ll be able to go out fast.”

Luhan looked up with wide eyes and smiled brightly.

“Okay Mr. Kim! I’ll be right back.”

And in speed of the lightning Luhan run through the corridor.

“Minnie, Luhan will be here in a second.” Junmyeon said loudly, when he was entering the living room.

Baozi like face picked above the stairs rail.

“Really? Can we go out? Pretty, pretty please?”

“Yes, after you finish your homework.”

“But daaaaad…!” Minseok puffed out.

“I invited him for studying together~” Junmyeon hummed.

In the other hand Minseok whined and rushed to the door, when the doorbell rang for the second time.

 

 

*

For a person who always like to make an entrance, Baekhyun was surprisingly on time.

“Baekhyunnie ahjussi!” Tao ran right into his arms.

“You little monster! How many times I have to tell you, ouch!” Baek whined, when Tao pulled his hair. “Rascal.”

“You have new hair, samchon!”

Baekhyun nodded and entered the living room giving his godson a piggy back.

“Baek, Minseok is going to sleep over at Lu’s and I won’t be late, have fun!”

Junmyeon fixed his shirt and went to the newcomer. He took Tao from his friend’s shoulders and gave him a quick spin, before setting boy down with an accompany of giggle.

“You couldn’t sent that monster away?” Baekhyun pointed at kid, who was happily grinning at him.

Junmyeon just patted his shoulder and left a kiss on Zitao’s forehead.

“Have fun, dad,” Minseok waved from his room.

“You too, kids.”

 

 

 

*

 

It was a very nice and elegant (for Chen’s standards) Italian restaurant. They were talking about everything and nothing, knowing more and more about themselves.

“So how did you fell in her?”

“Why?”  was the instant answer. Junmyeon started to play with his food.

“I need to know competition, right?” Jongdae laugh. Jun looked up from his plate and blinked blankly. “Geez, kidding. I’m just curious.”

“Hmm…  She was my father’s acquaintance daughter. They thought they match us up, as my father didn’t like my life… experiments. He’s life mission was make me straight or something.”

“You were gay?”

“Eh… yeah? I suppose. I thought I was. I had this FWB relationship with Baekhyun…” Junmyeon chuckled, when he saw Jongdae’s ‘no ing way’ expression. “Anyway, I’ve never believed in love of first sigh and things like this, but...”

“Your wife happened.”

Junmyeon laughed.

“Not at all. It was completely opposite. We’d known each other, with Baekhyun also, whole live. Our parents always thought that two of us three one day will end up together… Well, they probably didn’t expected that the two will be me and Baekhyun.” Junmyeon laughed, swirling wine in his glass. “She was pure and kind like angel but since I remember, we were at daggers drawn with Jeonghae. We had love-hate relationship and she was besties with Baek. What I meant to say was that I haven’t believe in love of first sight,” he took a sip of his wine, “but deep inside, I hoped it is true and I’ll meet one day right person who I’ll love in a beat of a heart.” Junmyeon poked his chest, pointing right on his heart. “So one day, when we was on a trip in Japan, I saw her in this golden-red qipao, bathed in the lights of street festival, helping some kid to fish a goldfish. And then I thought, I’d had to be blind all those years. I even took a photo but it didn’t get well.”

He chuckled and took it out from his wallet. If only there was a good photographer, it could be an amazing photography. It captured a moment when woman looked at the one behind the camera. It was really warm picture. Even if it was blurred, it couldn’t hide the natural beauty and kindness of woman on it. She wasn’t anything special – no top model or idol. Just rather average Chinese with same dark circles under her eyes as Tao’s, dark skin and  black, shoulder length hair. But her eyes were both with mischievously and kind. He could understand, why Junmyeon fall for her.

“I would like you to be my every morning.” Junmyeon whispered.

“What?” Jongdae finally  took his eyes from the photo, blushing.

“That’s what I said to her. Back then. We spent whole night on this festival and then watched sun rise. She looked back then even more beautiful…”

“Oh…” Good work Jongdae, that’s all you can manage to say? Not like you thought he’s talking about you. “So that’s why you called her Chen.”

It was a simple deduction based on  his little knowledge of Chinese (which Tao made a life goal to improve).

“Yeah. So what’s the story behind yours?”

Chen was thinking about the answer for a moment, not really sure, when and why he get this nickname.

“I don’t remember when I get it in first place but I think it was some transformation by my Chinese friend,” he pointed at Jun, “your neighbor, because I was a redhead for a while in high school.”

“Redhead?”

“Cheng zi – it’s orange. In short, Cheng and it sounds similar to Chen.”

“Oh… so you were one of that bad boys.” Jun also pointed piercing.

Jongdae laughed.

“You can say so.”

 

 

 

*

When they left the elevator, they were chattering like old friends. It was almost a pity, that this evening was running to the end.

“I had really good time,” Junmyeon admitted. He really needed that kind of getaway.

Jongdae curled his lips into a charming smile. He found his keys way to fast but he didn’t want to making it too long and uncomfortable for Junmyeon. He needed to play this carefully.

“Yeah, me too. We should repeated it one day. Have a good night, hyung.”

Junmyeon waited till the door closed behind his companion and got to his own.

 

 

*

“So? Have you kissed him?”

Baekhyun almost jumped on him, making Junmyeon choke with his very own heart.

“What?” he barely answered, realizing too late it was a mistake, so he added rapidly, “Baekhyun, I think, you should go home.”

“Why?” His friend narrowed his eyes in an accusing manner.

“It’s late and…”

“I meant a kiss.” This time Baek rolled his eyes, so tired of Jun’s pathetic tries to change the subject or, at best, kick him out.

“It wasn’t a date.”

“Of course it was. Tell me, that you’d at least asked him out  again.”

“Kind of.”

“Geez, what do I have with you.”
“I don’t want to date.”

“Well, you should. You are so rusty, that I can see holes in you.” Baekhyun waved in diva style, entering the hallway.

“It’s too soon. It’s been only a year.”

Junmyeon was changing his weight from foot to foot, obviously uncomfortable, when his friend was tying his shoes.

“It will always be too soon. She was love of your life. You won’t stop love her. Never. You won’t forget her. There will never be a right time, hyung. You have to recover and start living.”

Junmyeon clenched and unclenched his fist. Baekhyun was right. Nevertheless, he just pushed his friend through the door.

“You are probably right.”

“I’m right for sure. I’m always right.” There was a fake grudge in his voice.

“Yeah, sure. Whatever,” Junmyeon sighed. “Thank you and goodnight, Baek.”

And he closed the door on his face, before his friend managed to ask any stupid question. He heard muffled and very sarcastic ‘oh, you’re welcome, anytime’ and some litany of ‘jackasses’ and ‘ungrateful bastards’. He was happy, hearing him leaving and went to the living room. On the other hand there was a huge risk, that Baekhyun would go investigate at Jongdae’s, but, well, not his problem.

“Ohhhh bloody hell…” Junmyeon turned back and just to not feel guilty, checked the peeping-hole, to make sure, that his friend left for good.

 

 

 

*

“Dad, there are monsters under my bed.”

Junmyeon opened one eye above the pillow and looked at the black figure in door frame. He could tell that Zitao wrapping his arms tightly around teddy panda.

“Come here” he whispered with rasping voice. He reached his hand and helped five-year-old child get into his bed. “There are no monsters, baby.”

He gently take long bangs from his forehead. Big eyes were full of tears. His son was so alike Jeonghae. So similar, that hurt.

“There are. I saw them.”

“Do you want me to go and check with you?”

Boy nodded. Junmyeon yawned, feeling last breath of sleep fade away. Too bad.

He got out of bed and picked kid up. Even though Zitao was quite tall for his age, he was light like a feather. But that familiar weight in his arms was somehow comforting. Jun felt tight embrace around his neck, when they were heading down the corridor.

 

They entered Tao’s room. It was a place full of love and warm, arranged by his wife. He knew, one day his youngest offspring grow up and surely would want to change it. It hurt.

Spinning night lamp was leaving soft and warm stars light patterns on walls. On the ceiling hundreds of optical fibers created night sky. There was even a falling star, crossing the room once in five minutes. On the floor was soft and fluffy white carpet. The room was filled with teddy bears and toys, neat arranged in the baskets and on the shelves.  On the round Totoro bed was collection of Tao’s favorite stuffed creatures: dragon, deer, unicorn, baozi, wolf, grumpy cat and phoenix. Above it was hanging a baby mobile made from crystal unicorns, which was shining every time lamp light laid on it. Even though boy grow up from the age, that kids play with mobiles, Tao decided to keep it. Jun was happy about it. Frankly speaking, if Zitao didn’t, Junmyeon had a secret plan to hang it above his own bed. He remembered, that it was Jeonghae’s favorite thing, which was hanging not only above their sons’ cribs but long time ago above her own also.

Junmyeon lit the light, turning off night stars on the ceiling and revealing painted clouds on sky-blue walls. Both of windows had window seats with bunch of white, light grey and sky-blue pillows, now hidden behind delicate muslin curtain.

He put his son down near to the bed and kneeled. He raised a duvet, picking under the bed.

“See? No monsters.”

“They hide, because you came.”

Tao snuggled into his panda. Junmyeon sighed. He rose enough to be on the same level with his son, propping his arm against the bed, to keep balance. Kid refused to look at him, hugging a plushie as tight as possible.

“Do you want me to sleep with you, baby?”

Kid nodded enthusiastically, not raising his sight from the toy.

“Okay.”

Jun turned off the light, leaving only dim stars dancing on the walls. He took his son on arms and put him to the bed, then followed by himself. When both of them were comfortable wrapped, Tao nestled into his chest, letting his father hug him closely. Jun inhaled the scent of his kid shampoo. Same that Jeonghae used to use. It was nice, warm and comforting. He felt the sleep was coming to him again.

“Dad?”

“Hmm?” he mumbled with a sleepy voice.

“Mom will never come back, won’t she?”

“I’m sorry, buddy. I’d want to have her back more than anything in this world. But it’s impossible.”

There was a long moment of silence, that Junmyeon thought Zitao would start crying. His baby easily got into tears. But not this time.

“Then… will you sing me a lullaby instead of her?” he whispered with tiny voice.

Junmyeon blinked in confusion. He hadn’t thought about this before. That none of his sons asked about lullabies since the accident. Even though it was Jeonghae ritual. And Jun hadn’t remembered till now.

“Of course, baby.”

And he started humming peaceful melody, that now he remembered, his wife used to sing. He let the melody flow in the room, watching how his son’s breath steadied. He was black locks and when he thought that Tao fell asleep, slowly quieting his voice, stopped.

“Don’t cry, baba” Tao whispered weakly, falling asleep for good.

Junmyeon touched his own cheek, to find out wet trail of tears.

 

 

 

*

EyelinerDiva: ChenChen, honey~ good morning (^ω^)

SatanSoo: U damn bastard, Y do U typing on chat room?!

EyelinerDiva: Ops, sorry BabySoo(^^")

SatanSoo: Just go away God damn it!!!

SatanSoo: I'm going to burn down all ur eyeliner supplies

Chen: WTF DO U WANT AT THIS HOUR ON SATURDAY, IN' ?

EyelinerDiva: Aish... I know U R not a morning person ChenChen, but it wasn't rly nice (;︿;)

Chen: Just tell me what U want already

EyelinerDiva: Y do U assuming I have any interest?(*>.<*)

Chen: …

EyelinerDiva: Okay, I have

EyelinerDiva: I need U 2 go 2 Junmoney’s and wake his lazy up

Chen: Wae?! no way!!

EyelinerDiva: Oh c'mon, I saw how U were looking at him *wiggling eyebrows* U'll thank me later~

Chen: Shut up! Like hell I do! Just call him yourself head!

EyelinerDiva: U think I haven't done it? I’ve called him thousands times but he doesn't pick up!

Chen: I can't blame him... what about kids?

EyelinerDiva: Minpie's phone is dead and Taozirella even doesn't have one

EyelinerDiva: And Minpie is sleeping over as no one answer their landline phone…

EyelinerDiva: Please, I'm doing my make up now and I can't go there and kick his out of the bed to work TT﹏TT

 

So typical. He could guess it from the beginning. There was no chance that Baekhyun would go out without ten tons of eyeliner on his eyes. Jongdae sighed defeated.

 

Chen: Okay, just this one time...

 

Not really sure, what he supposed to do, Jongdae pulled his Rolling Stones t-shirt and fixed his hair. He was about to choose some nice matching jeans, when it hit him, what he was doing. He facepalmed himself.

"What the hell am I even doing... It's not a date Kim Jongdae you idiot! Stop acting like a Baekwhore."

And that way Jongdae stepped out of his apartment in pj's bottoms. After minute of unresponded knocking, he took his phone out.

 

 

*

 

Baekhyun almost put brush into his eye, when he heard notification.

“Damn you Kim Jongdae,” he cursed, seeing broken line.

 

Jongwhore: He’s not responding. R U sure anyone’s home?

BB: Yes, I’m sure, cause I need his in the office in twenty minutes

BB: U destroyed my make-up b!tch!!!

Jongwhore: Oh no~ Look how I care

BB: B!itch

Jongwhore: U already said that

Jongwhore: now, I’m going back 2 sleep, if U don’t mind

BB: Wait

BB: use the spare key above the doorframe

Jongwhore: R U out of your mind?! Like hell I’ll go into his house!

BB: I’ll give you his shirtless pic~

Jongwhore: …

Jongwhore: damn U Byun Baekhyun.

 

“That was my line” Baekhyun chuckled, very satisfied of himself.

 

Jongwhore: Go die

BabySoo: U R still here es!!! I’ll make U both suffer

BB: sorry Baby Soo (✖╭╮✖)

Jongwhore: Ops, sorry Kyungie~

BabySoo: … and how do U even have Jun’s shirtless picture?

BabySoo: Or nvm…

BB: Want one? (^▽^)

GoofyTower: Should I B jealous?>.>

BabySoo: U R all going 2 die, if U won’t stop sending those damn messages!!! I WANT GO BACK TO SLEEP!!!

 

 

 

 

 

*

Jongdae patted the key hidden on the top of door frame. Well, very safe place to keep the key, for someone who owns a security company. Chen took a deep breath and opened the door. He really felt like an unwanted intruder.

“Um… Junmyeon?”

There was no respond, so he decided to explore the house. There was nothing but a ruffled sheets in master bedroom. He entered Tao’s room, to find the cutest picture ever. He needed to support himself on the doorframe, because he would melt like a marshmallow. He made a quick photo before interrupting this image of paradise. Is little twisted mind suggested him to make a wake up prank. Yet as he walked to Totoro-bed, his features softened. It was just too cute. If it was Baekhyun or Chanyeol, Chen wouldn’t have a second thought. However it wasn’t, so Jongdae only shook Junmyeon’s arm gently. He watched like elder one shrugging a little, hugging his son closer and mumbling something. Jongdae smirked.

He leaned over him and whispered to his ear softly, “Junmyeon~” but no response came.

“Jun,” he tried a little louder.

“Not yet Chen…” elder mumbled, not even a bit awaken.

He blushed, even though he knew, the words weren’t meant for him. It took him another minute of almost violent shaking and repeating Junmyeon’s name, before elder’s eyes finally opened. Jun   back and picked himself up on his elbow, scratching back of his head. And well, he looked hilarious with his bed hair sticking in all possible directions. Yawning, he looked around, not really sure where he was, what was going on and, most importantly, what his handsome creature was doing there with him. Yet he hadn’t much time to debated over it, as his eyes landed on panda clock.

“Bloody hell, I’m so late…!” he jumped in panic.

“Yes you are,” Jongdae hummed. “Go. I’ll take care of Zitao.”

 

 

 

*

A paper ball threw through the living room and headshot Jun. He gave his friend long very unamused look, before he turned back to the TV.

“Remind me, why are you here again?” he asked with a sigh.

He was sitting on the rug, while Baekhyun stretched himself on the couch, holding a pillow in his arms. They had a big bucket of chicken and some soju for the evening but apparently Baek found his fun in making balls from napkins and mastering his aiming, not very interested in movie.

“Chen,” it wouldn’t skip Baekhyun attention, how Junmyeon stiffened on the mention of the name, “Jongdae and Chanyeol decided to have a girls night.”

“I thought you are the girl in that relationsh… hey!” the next paper ball bounced off his head. “Never mind. You are a part of that twisted trio as well…”

“I just decided I’ll spend a lovely evening with my bestie.” Baek poke Jun with his foot and elder pushed his leg away, annoyed. “So it’s been almost two months and you didn’t make even a tiniest move, why the hell, I’m asking, hyung?”

Junmyeon toyed with idea to ignore his friend or call Chanyeol to take him back but it wouldn’t solve a problem at all. He pinched bridge of his nose. And Baekhyun apparently wasn’t going to give up.

“Because you know, taking care of your kids isn’t really romantic and it’s only one sided date…”

“Okay, stop,” Jun cried. “Why are you have to be such an annoying brat? I told you, we are not dating.”

He was nudging him almost everyday, since that dinner with Jongdae, and this time, as always, ended pouting.

 

 

 

*

 

“Jun!”

He know he’d regret it later but he asked, “Yes?”

Baekhyun looked at him with witty flames in his eyes. It was nice accompany to bed hair and pj.

“There is a party at Kyungsoo’s and we are coming!”

That wasn’t a question. He looked at his friend above the paper like he was mental.

“No.”

“Oh, c’mon hyung! It will be fun.”

Baekhyun circled the table and started fawning to him, trying to act cute. Well, it always worked with Chanyeol but Jun was immune.

“No, I’m not a student anymore.”

“You graduated less than year ago!” Baekhyun pointed like it was a meaning argument.

“And I already have two kids.” He ignored the fact that Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “I don’t fit there.”

“Only because you are wearing your grandpa’s clothes” Baekhyun murmured.

“I-I don’t!”

“Oh please.” Baek eyed him up and down. “Hogwart’s cardigan and baby blue shirt? Really?”

“Just shut up.”

“C’mon, Jongdae will be there” younger said in awfully sweet and suggestive way.

“And how does it change things?”

“You like him!”

Junmyeon nearly choked on his Americano.

“No, I don’t!”

“Yes, you do. Do we really have to have this pointless conversation?”

Junmyeon was about to protest again but Baekhyun cut him off.

“Okay, if you don’t like, then prove it and come.”

“What kind of twisted logic it  is, Baek?”

“Admit it or come, hyung.” Younger grinned.

“Fine. We’re going.” There was triumph all over Baekhyun face. A danger triumph, so he added quickly, “… but don’t agree on any make up.”

Baek pouted but only for second, then he rushed in Jun’s bedroom direction.

“But! Let me take care of your outfit.”

“Byun Baekhyun! I’m warning you! Stay away from my closet!”

 

 

 

*

Well, Junmyeon was sulking. He had no idea, where Baek found that casual shirt, the slightly ripped jeans were for sure new (he wasn’t even sure if he had any jeans) and Converse hadn’t been used for a long time. All this of course was flavored with a talk about his boring closet, lack of style and jumpers as a only thing different than suites making it even more boring. Then he was dragged to Kyungsoo’s.

“This pants has more holes than material,” he stuttered.

Chanyeol sent him a sympathetic look.

“Well, at least your look hot in it, hyung,” Baekhyun waved it like annoying fly. His face brightened when he saw petite male in front of them. “Hyung! Do you remember Baby Soo?”

“Stop calling me that, hyung.”

The introduction wasn’t necessary. Kyungsoo was their friend for a long time, they were just busy and hadn’t much time to hanging out.

“But you are so cuuuute and innoceeeeeeeeeeeent Baby Soooooooooo.” Baekhyun hugged him close with a fake sob. Junmyeon shook his head chuckling. And Baekhyun even didn’t start drinking yet.

“There is only one year difference between us. And I’m manlier than you.” Irritated Kyungsoo tried to push him away. But eventually he ended in even tighter grip.

“Says who?” Baek’s iron tight arms were wrapped around his neck and face now, so he barely saw anything.

“Says statistics.”

“I’m gay, Baby Soo. Women’s statistics don’t count.”

“I’m still winning though.”

Junmyeon couldn’t help but giggle like a mad on whole this act.

“In your dreams. In men’s statistics you are cute little piece of pie to munch!”

“As I can’t imagine Chanyeol in the bottom, you are the same position, Baekhyunnie. Leave him, you’re gonna strangle him.” Jun pointed. He could saw gratitude in doe eyes when he unwrap clingy and very dissatisfied male from Kyungsoo. “Nice to see you again, Kyungsoo.”

“Hyung. Still a culinary disaster?”

Jun made a wince, especially when Baekhyun affirmed the statement. They went to exchange greetings with other guests. In fact there was a lot of people. He didn’t recognize at least half of them.

 

The party was going on with full force. Good music, a lot of dancing people, even more of booze, the house was filled with life. Junmyeon decided to do what he was best in, so being a wallflower with a drink, occasionally chitchatting with someone and letting Baekhyun filling his cup with alcohol. His life goal as always was to make Junmyeon drunk and he was pretty good at it. However Jun didn’t let anyone to drag him at the dancefloor, he wasn’t that drunk. He talk a little with Jongdae but Chen, same as Baek, was a soul of party. Junmyeon reminded himself, why he didn’t like to do such sort of things but he knew, if he went before Baek allowed him, he would have to listen his whining for next two weeks. So there he was, pretty drunk in ‘who cares’ way, more and more enjoying himself, feeling that his stiffness was cooling down.

And then Baekhyun rose from the ground in front of him.

“Come on, you are going to truth or dare game.”

“I am?”

His friend didn’t bother to answer this question, just dragged him through the crowd. Good for him, Baekhyun had better balance, because Jun had serious problems with walking straight right now. They entered another room, where was a big  table. Around it, boys and girls were sitting alternately, with glasses in front of them and few bottles in the center. The room was much quieter but muffled music was still audible.

“Soo, I have him,” Baekhyun announced, hugging the host.

“Take your hands off my ” Kyungsoo said warningly “or I kill you in one, two…”

“Oh Baby Soo but you love me!”

“Nice try, Baek, but no. I sincerely want to drown you in a cup of soju.”

 

Junmyeon was pushed on a chair between Amber and girl he didn’t know or he thought so and Baek sat on Amber’s left side. In front of them were sitting Chanyeol, Tiffany, Jongdae, Taeyeon, Kyungsoo and rest people just needed a name tag, if he was expected to call them by names.

“Let me explain the rules,” Jongdae started, when all chairs were taken. “We are spinning the bottle, one by one. The person who is chosen that way, can do truth or dare from the spinner. If you pick dare you had to do it, or you have to take a shot of somaek. If you choose truth, you have to answer truthfully. However if someone calls you on your you had to take a double shot. Pretty simple.”

 

They decided to pick person who starts with the one and only way to solve problems in Korea. Rock, paper, scissors.

After few rounds Chanyeol stood up with a triumph, hands in the air in ‘praise the Lord’ manner, shouting that real man wins with rock. Yet when he sat (with some troubles to aim into a center of his chair) , he passed the bottle to his right, letting Sunny to spin as first. She swirled the bottle and it stopped on Jongdae. Before she even opened , Chen said cockily ‘dare’. Sunny thought for a moment and pointed at him.

“I dare you to dance ‘Bo Peep Bo Peep’ with sounds effect!”

The cocky smile didn’t vanished. Jongdae stood up immediately.

“Boys? Wanna be my backup?” he asked casually.

“Make a fool of yourself without me,” Kyungsoo snorted.

Chanyeol stood up and almost crashed with a wall, but eventually joined his bestie with Kibum on the other side. Jongdae started the show and Jun saw with the corner of his eye that Amber was filming it with her smartphone, so it probably was going to be on Instagram, Twitter or something soon.

All three boys ended their performance with an applause. It was Chanyeol’s turn.

“Truth or dare, hyung?”

“Truth.” Junmyeon leaned back on his chair.

“Why does Jongdae’s nickname bother you?”

Junmyeon took a shot of soju and purred it into his bear. He decided to drink but his arm stopped in the middle when he realized, that every person he actually knew in this room was curious. And that meant, he would have to deal with that question more than once that evening. He growled unhappy and put the glass back. He could see that Baekhyun was smirking curious.

“Because of Jeonghae.”

There was an awkward silence in the room. Jun thought it was enough for answer. But not for Baek.

“What Hae has to do with that?”

“I just called her Chen,” Junmyeon shrugged, hoping to drop the subject.

“What? I never heard that. You should drink it.”

“That’s true,” he protested. “That was our thing. Our thing…”

Junmyeon was close to tears. He rubbed his face and pressed heels of hands to his eyes, trying to cool down. Tiffany took the bottle.

“Okay, I believe you. My turn.”

They had a few full rounds of truths, dares and drinks. There was a lot of laugh and accusations of fraud, some really stupid dares, some uncomfortable questions. By now everyone had at least one question, quest and much more drinks. Junmyeon was looking like the bottle set in motion by Taeyeon were slowing down and eventually stopped at him. Girl looked into his eyes with a challenge.

“Truth or dare?”

Junmyeon thought for a second. She was close with Baekhyun but she wouldn’t make him do anything that Baek would want, like interacting with Jongdae, would she? He decided to take the risk.

“Dare.”

She smirked, staring at him. “I dare you to…” she made a dramatic pause, “kiss Baekhyun. A real make out.”

There was a hum of approval around the table. He glanced at Chanyeol, who just shrugged like he didn’t care, he was tipsy anyway, so probably wouldn’t mind, even if they made love on that table. Then he looked at Amber, who was separating him from Baekhyun.

“Don’t mind yourself,” she answered unasked question.

So Junmyeon leaned around her, pulled his friend by tie to long, hot kiss. He didn’t have to ask him about permission. It was Baek after all. And hell, he was even better kisser than when they were together. If it was even possible. Baekhyun’s tongue slipped through his teeth asking for invitation and Junmyeon gladly fulfilled it. His fingers tangled with Baek’s soft hair, bringing him closer. Second latter they pulled away and both looked at Taeyeon, who was flushed and avoiding their sights. To his surprise, Jongdae was also red as tomato. Cute.

Both, Baekhyun and Junmyeon looked very proud of themselves, making Kyungsoo roll his eyes. Jongdae cleared his throat.

“We are run out of soju.”

“I’ll go,” Jun offered as he was sitting next to the doors.

“NO!” Everyone looked surprised at Kyungsoo. “Don’t you dare come near to the kitchen Kim Junmyeon!”

And as a little stormy cloud, Kyungsoo went for new supplies.

 

 

 

*

 

“Goodnight Jongdae.” Jun whispered, when he was fiddling with the keys.

“Yeah, sleep tight!”

“Never again!” irritated hiss surprised them both, when the door opened before Jun even touched a knob.

“Miss Choi…”

This cute girl now looked like a witch. Her hair was disheveled, sticking in all directions also had something what could be a paper in them, her makeup was ruined, Junmyeon could swear, that she had white blouse few hours ago… and she was furious.

“I…”

“Gimme the money and don’t you dare to call me ever again.” She reached her hand.

Junmyeon looked lost. But he put a double amount of money and gave it to the girl. She snatched it and run out. Both of men were staring on the empty hall with their jaws on the floor. Eventually Jongdae burst into laugh. He was giggling so hard, trying to be as quiet as possible, that even Junmyeon couldn’t resist. They both ended on the floor, rolling like a buffalos.

 

When they finally stopped to catch a breath, their stomachs were hurting. Jun barely managed to stand up, afraid, what he could see. But when he picked his head through the door, surprisingly, he didn’t see the remains of Armageddon. Emboldened with that, he left his shoes and stepped into the living room. Jongdae was on step behind him, peering curiously above his shoulder.

“It looks like a puke of the unicorn.” He started giggling again.

In the other hand, Junmyeon stood with his mouth open, looking at his very own living room, full of colorful scraps, balls, glitter, toys and probably everything he could imagine. Coffee table was on the side, like a shield. Behind it, he could saw his elder son, fast asleep. He looked pretty much like poor nanny. Even worst. He had panda eyes and mustaches drawn with the permanent marker. Zitao was sleeping in the bunker of pillows.

Jongdae, who wasn’t laughing anymore, put his finger under Jun’s chin and made him close his mouth.

“I suggest to move them to beds. You can hire an army of dwarves tomorrow.”

“But… they need a shower. Or washing machine” Junmyeon whined.

“… or iron maiden.” Jongdae chuckled, when he saw Jun’s face. He gently picked up Minseok. “They are kids. It won’t be any harm.” It took him a second, to realize it might refer to the wrong statement, so he added quickly, “I mean sleeping dirty, not iron maiden, of course.”

Elder one chuckled and nodded. He picked up Zitao, who immediately nuzzled into crack of father’s neck, clenching his little hands into fists on his shirt.

“What should I do with you, punks?” Junmyeon sighed, caring Tao in his embrace.

 

 

 

When they stepped into living room once again, Junmyeon felt somehow really sober. Too sober.

"I can help you with cleaning, if you want" Jongdae offered.

"No, no. You did a lot anyway. I'm sure, you are tired. I call my cleaning lady in the morning."

"But tomorrow is Sunday..."

"I'll pay her triple. But I need to clean it a bit anyway."

"Then I'll help! I feel really awaken with this Neverland around."

Junmyeon nodded with a warm smile. They were collecting papers, toys and pillows on their knees, putting things to right boxes. They both reached for last toy and hit with their forehead.

"Ouch!"

Chen backed a little, sitting on his heels and pressed palm to his head.

"I'm so sorry Jongdae, are you alright?"

Jun took other's fringe from younger’s forehead, to check reddening mark. He was rubbing his own meanwhile. The awkward tense rounded them.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm okay." Jongdae pushed his hand very gently, blushing hard in the same time. After a second of tensed silence, they both burst out laughing.

"Well, if you're not sleepy yet, I'm pretty sure I have a bottle of wine in my cabinet and really great view from terrace," Junmyeon suggested as a compensation.

Jongdae was looking at him for long second. Be smart Jongdae. Say no, say no, say no.

"Yeah, it would be nice."

 

So they ended with the glasses of wine in their hands, shoulders touching slightly, admiring the view of Seoul night lights and barely visible stars. Or at least Junmyeon was, because Chen’s secret glances were running to his companion's dreamy  face.

It took Junmyeon a while to finally caught him on that. Jongdae flushed but Jun only leaned forward him and left sweet, gentle kiss on his lips. Jongdae widen his eyes and his mouth dropped in surprise. His face turned even deeper red.

"I felt like doing it for a while" Jun hummed. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't. I didn't mean to assault you."

"You only will, if you don't repeat it" other whispered, when he got his voice back.

 

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N :: So that's it! Congrats if you managed that far! I hope you loved this AU, cuz I'm going to write more! you can consider it as a completed one shot, but beware! there will be a sequel xD I'll also link other parental!AU stories in the foreword.

I love Baek-diva here xD he was the best candidate... xD (but I'd written it before they announced he's with Taeyeon D: sorry guys)

Thanks the ones who already subscribed! I hope I didn't let you down, babies.
Let me know, if you liked it, down below!
Luv yah!!!


Bye!~