One

Circle

Hello everyone who took a look at this fic. I'm sorry I didn't meant to delay my update for such a long time, but this is it. Enjoy reading and I hope you like it.

 

 

 

Yuri's eyes sweeped around her classroom, looking for a tall figure that usually waits for her until she finishes her class duty. But the boy was nowhere to be seen. Yuri sighed as she put the broom at the corner of her class. She stuffed all of her things into her backpack and walked out, not forget to close the classroom's door.

School's backyard, Yuri thought. She quickly walked to her destination where Sehun, her best friend, probably was.

And she was right. Yuri let out a sigh in relief when she found Sehun sitting on a bench, eyes shot forwards. She reached him in a quick movement, making her place beside Sehun.

"Hey, I thought you left me." Yuri said while tilting her head, to see Sehun's face even clearer. There was a lonely glint in his eyes. And it was painful for Yuri to see Sehun like that.

She has been Sehun's bestfriend for two years, anyway.

"What's wrong?"

Sehun just shrugged and rose from his seat.

"Hey, I know something is wrong. Can't you tell me?" Yuri pulled Sehun's hand so he faced her.

"I... I just feel lonely."

Yuri raised her eyebrows in surprise. She didn't understand. Sehun doesn't have to be lonely. He has Yuri to talk to, so why?

"I saw Chanyeol and Kai. They looked so happy with their girls. I wish I could be like them, but I don't have any clue about a girl that may have a crush on me."

Yuri's heart broke apart in a sudden.

I don't have any clue about a girl that may have a crush on me.

Yuri likes him for months and he doesn't have any clue about that?

Well, that means I'm really good at pretending.

"Yul, I know you can help me, can't you? You have a lot of friends."

Yuri knew where was the conversation going. She sighed, half in confusion and half in pain.

"I'll try."

She could never do a right thing when it comes to Sehun.

"Thank you so much! You're really my best!"

Sehun's lips landed on Yuri's right cheek. He walked passed Yuri with a light and relieved pace.

"Hey, Kwon Yuri! Let's go home!"

Yuri tried so hard to looked as normal as possible. Because she didn't want Sehun to know that she likes him. Because she didn't want Sehun to see how embarrassed she was by his sudden act. Because, she didn't want Sehun to know that she was hurt.

 

 

---

 

 

Most of Yuri's girl friends were taken, that was a bit of relief. But still, "I'll try" is a promise that should be granted. Especially it's for Sehun's happiness. Because, Yuri is happy when he is happy. Sometimes love is as simple as that.

Yuri sighed and plopped her body on an empty chair in the school canteen. Sehun was still trapped in lunch queue, so he told her to go find a seat first.

Yuri was stabbing a straw to her milk box, when someone way too familiar sat in front of her with a fake frown.

"A pretty girl like you shouldn't sit here alone."

Byun Baekhyun--her classmate, oh no, it's better to be called a rival, or even an enemy. They are top two in the class, and managed to compete each other without even realizing. Sometimes it's Yuri with her hard-work on the top but sometimes it's the annoying and arrogant Baekhyun on the top with his fair brain--exclude his big-head attitude and his hobby of teasing Yuri all the time.

"Shut up and go away." Yuri said in a stern voice, but unfortunately Baekhyun is used to it. Instead, Baekhyun leant closer and spoke right 10 cm in front of her face.

"Where's your boyfriend?"

Yuri rolled her eyes. Baekhyun knows exactly how to get into her nerves. In a quick movement, Yuri hit Baekhyun's forehead with her spoon.

"Hey!" Baekhyun yelled in annoyance as he pulled his face away from Yuri and rubbed his forehead quickly. Yuri put on her flat face and sipped her favorite milk.

"Hey, Baekhyun."

Sehun finally arrived, made Yuri blew out a relieved breath. Baekhyun would leave her if Sehun's around. She found it weird, but it doesn't matter as long as she could be away from Baekhyun.

"Sehun, can I sit here? You know-"

"That's not a problem." Sehun cut off Baekhyun before he could blabber a dramatic story.

Damn it. Where did Baekhyun get a courage to sit with Sehun?

Sehun sat beside Yuri and started to dig in. She sighed, and before Baekhyun could eat, Yuri quickly switched her spoon with his because, she doesn't want to eat with a spoon that has Baekhyun's forehead mark.

"How is it?" Sehun asked. Yuri knew what he meant.

"How what?" Baekhyun said without breaking his gaze from his food.

"He talked to me, Stupid." Yuri kicked Baekhyun's leg under the table. "I haven't found any but I think I'll found it soon."

Yuri gulped and focusing back to her foods, avoiding eye-contact with Sehun. She doesn't even realize that Baekhyun stared at her for a long time.

"No need to rush. It's okay."

Yuri nodded.

 

 

 

 

What do you think?