011

Sweet Nothings II

[we got married!au with actor!sehun and girlgroup!luhan]

 

With his arm on her shoulders, a bright smile on their face as they greeted their fans, Luhan could almost pretend that this wasn’t just acting. Those soft graze which was often directed at her and those act of thoughtfulness which made many of their fans squealed could almost convince Luhan that this wasn’t just a show.

But reality often wasn’t perfect because they were in a show and all of these were simply acting.

 

 

When she first heard that she was casted in ‘we got married’, Luhan had been hesitant to take up on it. First of all, she was afraid of the backlash from fans. Being in a popular girl group, Luhan was the face of the group and was often put in the limelight.

Not that she was complaining but she realised that each and every of her actions were scrutinized much more than the rest of the members. Secondly, she had no dating experience at all. Ever since she set her mind on becoming an idol, she had been working extremely hard toward her goal.

For someone who had a single track mind, Luhan’s focus was only on reaching her goal and everything else were to be put behind. Last but not least, she felt exposed in a way. Getting onto ‘we got married’ meant showing your so-called true self in a way and Luhan was someone who liked her privacy.

Despite smiles and often winks as well as those cutesy action, Luhan in real life, wasn’t someone with a lot of cuteness. She was quiet and could be a klutz at times, she liked football and when she laughed, she tend to hit the person next to her. She wasn’t even girly at all, showing no reaction at the sight of a cockroach or any insects for that matter.

Standing up, she stretched her arms upward. Regardless of her insecurities and her reluctance, the company had already made it clear that they wanted her to participate in this show. Not only was it free advertisement for the group, they wanted Luhan to venture out on her own since fans wanted to see her real side.

 

 

The cameras were focused on her as she packed her items for future use. Facing the camera, there was a smile on her face. Taking up her jersey, she pointed at the number on it. “I really like the number eight! Because Chinese believed that eight is for good luck.”

Humming a song under her breath, she continued with her packing when she suddenly stood up and brought out an album that her group had just released. “This is for in case if my future husband didn’t know which group I am in.”

 

Black Room Interview (BRI)

“EXO’s Luhan here! Thank you for giving me this chance to participate in this show. I will try my best to show sides of me that the audience hadn’t seen before.”

Q: Do you have an ideal type?  

“I don’t have a type specifically but I wanted someone who I can lean on when I am tired. I want someone who can joke with me – I want someone who is positive as well since I am someone who isn’t really positive.”

Q: So you are not really bothered about looks?

”Hmm, how do I say this? I won’t say that looks didn’t matter but compared to personality, I think what matter most is on the inside instead of the outside.”

 

 

Kai was laughing at him and would probably be rolling on the floor if it wasn’t for Sehun’s threats that he will film it and posted it on his SNL. “I – I can’t believe that you are going to get married – “

“Correction, it is a virtual marriage.” Sehun pushed Kai away. “They just agreed on my behalf without asking me. I know that this is good for my image and stuff but still – “

“What’s the big deal? You get to pair up with someone pretty and flirt to your heart’s content while earning money at the same time. I will take up on this chance – “

“I will tell Kyungsoon that you said that,” a sly smile appeared on Sehun’s face as he showed Kai that he had just recorded their conversation.

“You didn’t – “Kai reached out and tried to get the phone out of his hand with no avail. After another half hour of Kai trying to get his phone, the tanned male finally left Sehun’s house. He looked at the invitation letter that told him of the first filming date.

At the age of twenty six, he had been a fairly successful actor so far. But it still wasn’t enough, he needed a breakthrough and this was possibly the reason why the company had pushed him to go for this show.

Sehun was someone who made friends easily but he didn’t let anyone step past the line that he had drawn. His last relationship was three years ago but they had broken up because he couldn’t give what his ex-girlfriend wanted. He wasn’t able to give her the attention, the time nor those material goods that she wanted.

Back then, Sehun had been a no body in this entertainment business. He dropped out of the medical school because his parents weren’t able to afford it when his father’s business went burst. Shortly, Sehun was scouted as a model and through that he realised that he liked acting.

Starting out hadn’t been easy but he had gritted his teeth and he was where he was now because he didn’t give up. At least, his parents were having a better life. It wasn’t that he didn’t regret giving up on medical school but in life, there were other things to consider and he couldn’t be so selfish.