Ch. 2

Pantheras' Prophecy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Melody:

*knock* *knock* *knock*

Waking up covered in a thick layer of cold sweat weighed me down in bed. The dream felt too real, and what creature looked like that?! Its body made up of a dense muscle yet had a lithe look about it as if it could twist any way it wanted to. . The pure strength that it had given had been beyond anything I had ever felt. That didn't seem to be all the animal was. In its eyes, a sense of unearthly intelligence showed through as if there wasn't a question in the universe that was not known to the animal. Even in the presence of the Leader of the Lions, sure his aura had been intimidating, but that was only due to the Alpha feel he gave that all Lions were born with. But this? It felt ... almost mythical..

*knock* *knock*

! Running to the door while nearly tripping over nothing my arms made it to the door just in time to open it for the person on the other side a full view of me face planting into the ground. Groaning in the pain starting to from at the bridge of my nose a snicker caught my attention. Looking up standing at my front door was none other than Daehyun, the son of the Wolf Tribes Alpha, and my best friend. Seeing me in a sorry state he offered me a hand up while he dusted me off. I could see the laughter trying to spill out from his lips, but to his defense he was able to fight the urge to laugh in my face.. Why me.

"I knew you were clumsy, but seriously Melody?" Rolling my eyes in frustration I closed the door behind him.

"To what do I owe the intrusion of the one and only Son of the Wolf Tribes Leader?" Mimicking a bow to irritate the boy.

"My mother wanted me to take you to the ceremony tonight, don't ask why since I'm not sure either." We both stared in thought of the strange things the Female Alpha liked to do..

"Alright just don't break anything." Turning around about to head back to my room only to hear Daehyun grumble something, causing me to giggle as I  closed my door.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Daehyun:

Strolling around the quiet town at dawn made my wolf guardian happy at the thought of patrolling its territory, and seeing how calm the place was in its care. Due to mother getting me up to make sure Melody was doing okay before the big ceremony would usually seem like a horrid chore, but since I've known her for years it only made me excited to get to witness her coming of age ceremony. Although I would never admit it..

Knocking on her door usually took a second before she answered, but after some time there still wasn't any sign of her causing me to feel irritated and a little.. nervous? She always answered.. A feeling of panic made its way up my throat before hearing some noise and the door opening caused a wave of relief to force the panic back down. Just before I witnessed her face plant into the ground. My first instinct was to break open into laughter, but I could smell the sweat on her, and it didn't smell right.. God I sounded creepy!! NOOO.. Her face looked up at me, and instantly my wolf went on alert. She was covered in sweet caused by fear now that I could sense it better. Why was she afraid? Could it just be ceremony jitters? 

As the sun set, Daehyun witnessed his childhood friend walk out in her white gown with her long black hair in soft curls around her small body leaving the framing around her face to accentuate her lovely violet eyes. She breathed the very essence of beauty. The wolf inside Daehyun let out a low growl of want causing poor Daehyun confusion at what it meant before dismissing it, and helping Melody to the ceremony where other teens would be with the same birthday. 

When the friends reached the ceremony Daehyun saw the shock in Melodys eyes. In front of them sat the Leaders of every tribe, and the Leaders sons to witness how the ceremony went. Leaving Melody to the other teens he went to his parents sides where he sat in wait. Little did he know what the universe had in store for his dearest friend.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Melody:

I cant believe Daehyun left me alone with these strangers!! Huffing at the act, but in reality she knew he couldn't stay with her since his place was up with the Leaders and their sons. The other birthday people tried to make small talk,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter