Laying A Gaze Upon You

This Is Not My Obsession

I walked towards my locker, as usual my lovable boyfriend was leaning his back on my metal locker plugging his earpiece into his ear, booming into some music. He seemed to be in his own world.

 

“Hey!” I slapped his muscular arms, not too hard but not too soft either. Now that made him jumped. He quickly pulled out his earpiece and diverted his gaze to me. Although he looked so surprised with a mix of shocked, he still flashed me his infamous warm smile and slunged his arm onto my shoulder as I was busy combining my locker's key.

 

And there it is again... that letter.. everyday.. I will receive such letters.

 

It flew downwards which caught his eyes and his facial expression suddenly fell. “Its that letter again.” He sounded so serious which sent shivers down my spine. He picked it up and read it softly but enough for me to hear it.

 

Dear Jihae,

 

I just wish someday you will notice me.

 

“That's it?” He twitched his eyebrows after reading it. Seriously, this mysterious guy creeps the hell out of me. Everyday, I will receive the letter that he wrote, it is short but I know there are some deep meanings behind it.

 

“Chunji, let's just ignore this, we're late for class” I took away the letter away from him, crumpled it and throw it away at the dustbin near my locker. “Come on! We are going to be late” I held out my hand and he took it without hesitation.

 

Just in time the school bell rang and we went hand in hand to our respective class. I took a quick glance back towards my locker, I dont know why but I feel someone is watching over my every move, just by thinking of that gave me goosebumps which made me held Chunji's hand tighter. He looked down at me despite my short height and his eyes formed into tiny slits. “What's wrong?” He whispered to me.

 

I gave him a light nod as we continue walking to our class.

 

--

 

History class was as usual, boring. Why should we learn this, they are all dead anyway. Seriously my teacher sounded like my 60 year old grandma but my grandma is way more fun-er than her. I bite my pencil not concentrating my mind on the whiteboard, when suddenly I feel someone's eyes were on me, I turned back invited by my classmates writing down all of the important notes. What the hell? I am sure I can feel someone eyes were on me.

 

I turned back once again and again nothing, only my classmates writing down what the teacher had said. I guess it is only my wild imagination.

 

“Yes miss Kwon, why do you keep on turning your head back?” The teacher asked rather feeling annoyed.

 

“umm, nothing, I just want to borrow a ruler from Seungyeol.” I looked back at my classmate who sits behind me and gave him my eye signal, at first his eyes was full of confusion but he managed to understand me in the end.

 

“Is that true Mr Lee” I gave Sungyeol my please-help-me look.

 

“uh yes” he said a matter of factly and gave me his ruler to make the scene seems real. I mouthed a 'thank you', and received a light nod from him. I diverted my gaze to the teacher.

 

“okay back to our lesson.” The teacher announced. I made a quick glance at the back just to make sure. I can't help it but feel someone was looking at me.

 

--