EXO Forever!!

Write Me Into Your Fiction, Hyung

It was party time in Baekhyun's house.

His dorm room actually, which he shared with Chanyeol. So really it was more of a room party with only six invited guests, and Chanyeol was supposed to be in charge of alcohol but he got busy and forgot to buy it.

“So… we have some powdered lemonade under my bed, and… water from the tap… and two cans of soda which I don’t know how long they’ve been here, but they were sitting next to the window at least as far as last summer so… hey, we can flip a coin to see who wants to die first?”

Baekhyun was never without a contingency plan.

Sehun went immediately for the lemonade, Chanyeol clutched one of the sodas, staring at it, as if by giving it the look the drink would magically not be flat. Joonmyun sat on the end of Chanyeol’s bed as if he didn’t know what he was doing here.

Jongin gulped, his throat already feeling dry because of the lack of prospects. The only person seemingly unaffected by the drink crisis was Kyungsoo. He sat on Baekhyun’s bed with his back against the wall and his laptop perched across his knees cushioned by a pillow.

“Hey, Soo… what do you want to drink?” Jongin asked him quietly. He had succeeded in getting him here, but Kyungsoo was up against a very serious personal deadline on a fic he wanted done, and nothing - no party, no friends, no liquid, probably not even food, and certainly no boyfriend - was going to get in his way.

“Hang on… I’m in the middle… of this… dialogue…”

Jongin settled for sitting beside him. He accepted a paper cup of lemonade from Sehun who next jumped into attacking Baekhyun for being such a crappy host.

“Don’t blame me! This is Chanyeol’s fault!”

“We should have gone to my room,” Sehun complained. “At least I have an Xbox.”

Baekhyun turned his computer around on the desk and started an action movie, something with a lot of explosions and car chases, and which Jongin had no real interest in. He supposed party night had quietly morphed into movie night and was already lamenting the waste of an evening. He could be spending the night with his head in Kyungsoo’s lap listening to him type instead of feeling like he should behave in front of prying, curious eyes.

“Wait so you’re dating now??” Sehun had laughed when he first heard.

“Hey, congrats!” said Chanyeol jovially.

“Happy for you,” Joonmyun clapped him on the shoulder.

“It’s all because of me…” Baekhyun claimed dramatically.

And Jongin just let them heap on the praise and steal the credit, all the while knowing it had more to do with a certain pair of individuals Jongin had never met in real life but spent an inordinate amount of time thinking about.

Chanyeol ended up on the floor with his head knocking against Baekhyun’s knees. Joonmyun loosened up a little more as the movie progressed. Sehun sprawled all over the place and talked through every other scene.

Jongin just yawned.

He craned his head and rested it gently on Kyungsoo’s shoulder, curious about his fic.

‘This is boring,’ Jongdae complained, his foot poking Yixing in the side. ‘Don’t you guys have better games to play? I thought tonight would be fun, not a snooze fest. Hey, isn’t there any more beer?’

Tao pouted sympathetically. ‘Blame Kris. I told him we needed more, but would he get it? No… he’s saving pennies. He doesn’t want us to have any fun.’

Jongin laughed. Baekhyun immediately looked over to see what was so funny, and Kyungsoo hissed at him to stop.

“Nothing, sorry, don’t mind me.”

They were quickly distracted by more flashing explosions and a helicopter crash, or more specifically, the tinny sound quality Baekhyun’s speakers emitted. The crazier the movie, the more they lowered the volume. It became a competition between Baekhyun and Sehun for control of the remote and Jongin, like Kyungsoo, had no desire to get involved.


 

In the weeks following ‘Kyungsoo’s’ confession via foolproof Xiuhan methodology, not too many things had changed between them. Kyungsoo still spent too much time writing fanfiction. Jongin was still awkward and uncertain about the proper ways for stealing his attention. They still shared the grocery bills and exchanged bathroom cleaning duties, and the biggest difference in their dorm room was that Kyungsoo made his bed more often so that Jongin wouldn’t feel so uncomfortable when he came to sit on it.

Of course they did a few other things too.

The first kiss… far better than Luchen’s rockstar experience, a little more circus Layhan-esque.

The first week of cuddling… definitely on par with Xiuhan bed tales, although perhaps a tad less smooth.

The first time they shared a shower… well, actually, never.

And talk about soulmates…? When did couples actually progress to this stage? Jongin felt the need to consult a few more fics before he chalked this up to his woe-is-me-maybe-we’re-not-so-destined line of thinking.

At the very least, they hadn’t gotten to the assassin ex-lover stage of life, there were no dinosaurs trying to eat their heads, no one grew tails or cat ears in the night, and the ax-murderer horror villain had yet to make an appearance. All was swell, when you looked at the world like that. Fluff and kissing? Published. Horror or makjang? Draft mode only. Life was great.

 

 

“I’m definitely hungry!” Baekhyun pouted when the movie was over. “Who’s ordering the pizza?”

“Uhm, you?” Sehun suggested.

They squabbled for several minutes before Joonmyun offered to call it in, pay for it, and go downstairs to collect it at the door. In the meantime, Chanyeol and Sehun tried to outdo each other on Facebook as they hacked their respective accounts, and Baekhyun draped himself over Jongin’s lap.

Kyungsoo promptly angled the laptop screen the other direction, but not before Jongin got another sneak peek.

Were they really going to make Yixing pay for the take-out? Minseok shook his head and sighed loudly. His friends were really shameless, and if he wasn’t so into reading the latest steampunk trilogy he’d gotten his hands around, because reading was definitely more important than listening to his friends bicker. Only Lu Han understood… a testament to why he loved the guy.

 

Just last weekend Kyungsoo had put down his fics long enough to take Jongin by the hand, force him to put on socks, and then dragged him to the other side of campus to a coffee shop.

“I don’t come here so often because it’s too far to walk, but…”

A coffee shop. Kyungsoo was taking him to a coffee shop. Jongin grinned like a fool and Kyungsoo looked embarrassed, smacking him on the arm, but there was no hiding the fact that Kyungsoo was smiling too. Also, there was no disguising the inner workings of his brain, imagining things, setting up scenes. Jongin knew well enough now to indulge him.

“Alright, so who works behind the counter?” Jongin asked.

Kyungsoo frowned and his eyebrows squirmed. There was a middle-aged woman behind the register, a younger college age male working the blender, and a girl smiling sweetly as she passed customers their drinks.

“Definitely Chen at the counter. Kris can stay the guy, and Yixing’s the one asking everyone how their day is going and when he gives them their order. Look, that customer there is Suho - we can work him into this fic - and he’ll blush and almost drop the cup when their hands accidentally touch.”

The customer was a fifty-year-old balding college professor, but Jongin could easily imagine this otherwise. “I like it. And Xiuhan? Where are they?”

Kyungsoo chewed on his lower lip and gazed around. “There. In the corner booth. Look, Luhan’s sitting there hiding behind a large stack of books and he’s glancing out the window every other minute, pretending he’s not waiting for…”

“Minseok?”

“Yeah, he’s waiting on Minseok… who knows if he’ll actually come. They had an argument yesterday, but didn’t explicitly cancel their coffee date…”

Jongin was excited just hearing the story. There was a guy sitting at that booth and he looked nothing like Luhan, but he was staring out the window.

The bell above the door suddenly clanged, and both Jongin and Kyungsoo’s head swiveled to see who it was.

A haggard looking freshman boy, backpack pulled around to his front and he looked about to die.

“Not Minseok…” says Kyungsoo. “But Tao… Luhan will be so disappointed… Man, I really want to get back now and write this down.”

He looked back to his drink and chugged another sip, almost choking on the sweetness which had sunk to the bottom of his cup. Jongin took it from him and reached across the table, patting his shoulder.

“I thought we were on a date right now,” Jongin moaned poutily.

Kyungsoo finished coughing, and his eyes turned wide. “We… are. Sorry. I just, can’t help myself.”

“That’s okay,” Jongin reassured him. “

They continued their role-playing though, and ‘Minseok’ never did show up, but on their way back to the dorms, Jongin pulled Kyungsoo behind a large tree and kissed him there. And for a while, there was no Exo-M and no fanfiction. In fact, there was nothing fictitious as all about the way Kyungsoo’s hands stole around his back, pressing along his lower spine, or the soft gasps Jongin drew forth from the depths of his throat.

“Still want to write when we get back?” He asked dazedly a few minutes later.

Kyungsoo appeared to waver. “M-maybe… we can just make out a little more first?”

 

 

 

 

“Baekhyun, can I see your phone for a second?”

Chanyeol smeared the pizza grease off onto his pants before catching the device in the palm of his large hand.

“You’re sharing your cell phone now, Baekhyun? Wow, I’m impressed,” said Sehun.

Kyungsoo was sitting on the floor now next to Jongin, each of them stuffing their faces with pepperoni and cheese.

“I broke the screen a few days ago,” Chanyeol explained. “And my bestest roommate ever is letting me share his!”

“Yeah, so you can text your mom at the top of every hour.” Baekhyun laughed.

“Or maybe he has a girlfriend?” Sehun suggested.

“What girlfriend,” said Baekhyun, “he’s married to his Tao-inspired rap career, like Joonmyun is to Kyungsoo’s fics!”

At first, this didn’t appear so catastrophic. Kyungsoo swallowed the food in his mouth and raised an eyebrow, and Baekhyun’s phone slipped out of Chanyeol’s hands. It landed near Jongin’s leg where he picked it up. Baekhyun, however, continued chewing and talking with his mouth.

“What? You knew he was Suho, right?”

And that’s when it got awkward.

Sehun whistled, but the whole rest of the room grew quiet. Jongin was only thankful that Kyungsoo had nothing left in his mouth to choke on.

“What?” He asked simply, shocked.

Nobody answered.

“You’re… Suho? Suho, the ChenChen shipper, Lay-biased reader who comments on everything I write...?”

Slowly, very slowly, Joonmyun nodded his very pale white and immensely embarrassed face.

Kyungsoo seemed to muse on this for another thirty seconds. Then, with Jongin’s hand rubbing comfortable circles on Kyungsoo’s knee, he said, “Oh, uhm… Okay. Well, .”

Joonmyun looked like he wanted to melt into the floor, and after all the times Kyungsoo had made fun of him online, they were quite the pair of sad, miserable souls.

“I’ll write you anything. Anything you want, I’m…. really sorry…. For everything.”

The bait was offered, but would it take?

“Really?” Joonmyun was slightly mollified.

“Yeah, anything. I promise. I’m just…”

“Star Wars!au. Please? Any pairing. And… can I… can I be in it? I want to have a lightsaber and look cool, and Lu Han is the bad guy, and can Kris come in and save the day? Like, that would be cool right? Right?”

Jongin could already see Kyungsoo’s brain at work. Probably tomorrow he’d end up watching every Star Wars movie in one long giant marathon while Kyungsoo took notes. Maybe he could pick up some popcorn in the morning and cuddle-nap through the prequels? Yes, this sounded like it could work. He tuned out the rest of Joonmyun’s requests, starting flipping Baekhyun’s phone around and around in his hand. It landed with the screen facing up and the background picture visible.

“Uhm… Baekhyun?” Jongin asked, already afraid of how this whole thing would go.

“Hmm??” Murmured the owner of the phone.

“Since… when did you change your phone picture from Exo-M to…” Jongin wracked his brain to recognize faces, “Got17Friends?”

For that was the name of one of those newbie groups that Kyungsoo occasionally tossed his head at because, ‘So what if Exo is down to three members. They’re the best! They will be, forever!’ And here was Baekhyun already jumping ship.

“I… I can explain! I can explain!!!”

Even Sehun looked scandalized. Joonmyun pouted, Chanyeol sighed sadly, as if to say I knew they’d find out soon…

But nobody was more outraged than Kyungsoo.

“Baekhyun, you little traitor, you are so dead. You are so dying in my next fic, I can’t believe you abandoned your FIRST loves, you know what? Forget being dead. I’m writing you as a dog. You’re a dog boy, Baekhyun. I’ll write a Krisbaek dogboy fic because he’s your favorite idol, right? Favooorite idol. You love Kris, you Kris-biased piece of trash HOW COULD YOU ABANDON EXO SO SOON JUST BECAUSE TAO LEFT YOU THINK HE WANTED YOU TO BECOME A FAN OF ANOTHER GROUP? YOU THINK HE LEFT SO YOU COULD STAN GOT17FRIENDS?! TAKE IT BACK, YOU KNOW YOU STILL LOVE EXO-M! YOU KNOW THEY’LL BE HERE FOREVER AND WHEN YOU’RE IN YOUR GRAVE THEY’LL STILL BE THE BEST YOU’RE SO DEAD, YOU DOG I CAN’T BELIEVEEEE YOUUU!”

 

Needless to say, life as Kyungsoo’s boyfriend was always going to be interesting. Jongin couldn’t wait for more.

 

 

 

 

End.

 


2,330 words

 

Alright, so I say this is the end, but chances are... I could potentially add more scenes whenever, whatever. This has been such a loooong road! Apologies to the people who wanted plain Kaisoo here for the end, but this has always been a 'Kaisoo in the world of fandom' kind of fic. For this last chapter, I wanted to showcase Kaisoo how they are when they're together, and if it isn't all sparks and all-the-time romance (and still very ficwriter-heavy) well that's realistic, right? 

Thank you everyone for reading and for your comments, and for the people who inspired me with prompts and ideas. Don't unsubscribe yet just because I've marked this as complete! 

 

FYI- Here's Baekhyun as a dogboy in a Krisbaek fic: Mere Hospitality xD

 

 

♡ Rosie

LiveJournal | Twitter | Tumblr | Exo Tumblr