One - First Encounter

Trapped
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yes, I'm on my way there now," I sighed.

"Aria, you better not be lying to me,"

"Mum, I'm walking through the lobby now, I'm literally 5 minutes away,"

"Well last time you didn't show up,"

"Yeah, well if I didn't go you would send him to me room. Besides last time you were setting me up, and I did go, I just never went in. Wait, what do you mean last time? Is this a set up?" I hauled immediately.

"He was a nice man,"

"He was at least ten years older than me!" I frowned

"Well you were lonely, you needed someone,"

"And there was no one available in my age range?"

"You're not getting any younger, I just don't want you to be alone,"

"I'm fine mother, this better not be another one of your fix ups - you're not a match maker," I sighed

"No, this time it's different. My friend's son is in town and..."

"And you volunteered me to play tour guide,"

"I didn't think you would mind," I could basically see her frowning at me.

"I do have a life mum,"

"Why do you have to fight me on everything?" She sighed - she was good at the guilt trip.

"I'm sorry, I just would have been nice of you to ask, I'm about to walk in the door. I'll d the best I can okay?"

"Thank you, I'll call you later," she chirped - really good at the guilt trip.

I walked into the dinner, it shouldn't be that hard to find a tallish blonde boy, right? Thank you mum for such a detailed description. He might not even be here yet, I was ten minutes early. I walked over to the counter to order a drink - this was going to be interesting. If I know my mother - and I do - she has an arterial motive for having me play tour guide. How even is this friend of hers? I sighed when my phone buzzed in my pocket.

"Hello?" I answered when I didn't recognise the number.

"Um, Aria?"

"Yes, who is this?"

"Oh, haha, sorry, Hello, I'm Henry. Your mother gave me your phone number,"

"Oh, hey,"

"Um, I'm running a little later, I will be about ten minutes late, I'm sorry," He sounded genuinely apologetic.

"It's fine,"

"Uh, I'll be there soon," He laughed nervously.

"Okay, bye,"

 

I sighed again, and ordered a coffee before going and sitting in a booth by the window - it was so I could see him coming until I realized I have no idea what he looks like. Well except for the description that my mother gave me, but he can't be every tallish blond guy in america. My coffee was brought to my table - I placed my phone next to it and waited. How do I let her convince me to do these things? Seriously this has happened on so many occasions you would like I'd of learnt by now.

 

Fifteen minutes past and I was still sitting alone in the both, I was wondering if he was even going to show up - thanks mum. I drank the last of my coffee and continued to wait -  It must of l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter