two

Angel's voice

“Oh. What’s your name anyway?” you asked him.

“It’s Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun.”

"My name is ____. Nice to meet you anyway.” You smiled at him.

"____!"

You looked at Joonmyeon for a second before you looked back at Baekhyun. "Ahh. I gotta go now. My oppa is waiting for me. Bye, Baekhyun!" You waved your hand at him and he waved back at you.

"Bye, ____!" He smiled at you and for the first time you felt something in your heart. You just can't describe the feeling. Is this what they called love at the first sight? Do you actually believe in love at the first sight, ____-ah?

Do I?

You asked yourself. At last, you just left the question unanswered as you walked out of the café following your brother’s steps.

“Oppa.” You pulled the edge of Joonmyeon’s t-shirt slightly.

“Yes, little sister?” He looked at you. His left hand was placed around your shoulder in a lovely manner. Both of you were on your way back to your house. Since the café isn’t far away from your house – it’s just 10 minutes walking distance – so, both of you decided to walk back home.

“Do you know Baekhyun? I mean have you seen him before?”

“Baekhyun?”

You nodded. “He’s the new worker at Xiumin oppa’s café.”

“Ahhh. That Baekhyun…” Joonmyeon said with a tone that as if he already known this Baekhyun guy for a long time.

“You know him, oppa?”

“Well, I don’t know that much about him. But, I know that he’s Chanyeol’s friend. No. Scratch that. He’s Chanyeol’s best friend. They’ve known each other since they were kids.”

Your eyebrows twitched. O…kay. If Baekhyun was Chanyeol oppa’s best friend, then why’d I never saw him? Not even once.

“We never saw him because he moved to China when he was in middle school.” Joonmyeon explained further as if he could read what’s on your mind right now.

Your mouth made an ‘O’ shaped after you heard your brother’s explanation. You first met Chanyeol when you were in high school. No wonder you’ve never seen Baekhyun before this. “You said that he moved to China. So, what he’s doing here? Is he coming back for good or what? Where did he stay?” And there were so many questions came out from your mouth and you didn’t even stop until your brother put his index finger on your lips to shut you from asking him more questions that he didn’t even know the answers.

“Do you like him, little sister?”

Your eyes widen as you heard the most unexpected question from your brother. “Uhh… N-no. Why’re you asking such question, oppa?” Damn. Why am I stuttering?

“Because you’ve never ask so many questions about someone – especially guys – like that. In other words, you’ve never showed any interest in any guys around you.” He paused for a while. “But, you’re asking so many questions about this Baekhyun that you’ve just met and talked not longer than 5 minutes today.” He paused again. “Hmm. I wonder why.” He was caressing his chin with his thumb and index finger.

“I-It’s because I just want to be friend with him.” Damn. I’m stuttering. Again.

Joonmyeon chuckled. He gave you an I-don’t-believe-you look. “You’re not acting like this when you first met Chanyeol though.”

You were speechless. Even without looking at any mirror, you can feel that your cheeks have some shades of pink colour on it. Your brother kept looking at you with his I-don’t-believe-you look. You rolled your eyes at him. “Fine! I like him.” You said as you stared at your Converse. Why did I feel so hot suddenly?

Joonmyeon was trying so hard to not let out his laugh when he saw you staring at your feet and nowhere else. “Hey, little sister.”

“What?” you were still staring at your feet.

“You should tell him.”

“Huh? Tell him what?”

“Y’know. Tell him that you like him.”

You looked at your brother with a disbelief look. “I just met him and talked to him for less than 5 freaking minutes, oppa. Are you crazy?”

“Do I look like a crazy people?” Joonmyeon asked you.

You observed his face. “Yes you are.” And you were running away from him to save your dear life.

“Yah! ____! Come back here!”

 

***

 

“Oppa!” You were calling for Joonmyeon for the 153738363th times while knocking his bedroom’s door. Uhhh. Where’s this grandpa?

You were about to knock the door again when suddenly the door was opened and Joonmyeon’s face came into your sight. “Why’re taking so long to open the damn door, oppa?”

“Because I have something important to do, you silly little sister.”

“What’s so important than me?”

“Sun- uhhh. Nothing.” Joonmyeon grinned.

“I seriously think that what I said this evening about you being crazy might be true.”

“Yah! Aish this silly girl. What do you want anyway?” Joonmyeon leaned his body on the door frame.

You immediately showed him a few papers filled with mathematics questions in your hand. “Can you teach me, oppa? Since you’re a maths genius.” You grinned at him, showing your white teeth.

Joonmyeon took the papers from your hand and started to examine the questions. “You don’t even know how to do these simple questions?” he looked at you and the he looked back at the paper.

You rolled your eyes. “If you’re not going to teach me, I’ll just go and ask Chanyeol oppa to teach me then.” You took the papers from Joonmyeon’s hand and turned around to walk away.

“Who said that I’m not going to teach you?” Joonmyeon grabbed your wrist. “Come in and wait for a while. I want to go to the kitchen to grab some snacks.” He pushed you into his room and went to the kitchen after that.

You put the papers in your hand on Joonmyeon’s study table, next to his laptop. The screen was showing a photo slide show of your brother and his friends as the screen saver. Suddenly, you felt the urge to move the cursor to see the desktop background picture.

And you did.

And your mouth made an ‘O’ shape when you saw the desktop background.

Oh my… Joonmyeon oppa is definitely falling for her. Hard.

Suddenly, you heard footsteps coming towards the room. Quickly, you grabbed the papers next to the laptop, jumped onto your brother’s bed and sat on it. You took out your phone from your pocket and playing whatever games you have in it, pretending like nothing happened.

“You didn’t touch anything, did you?” joonmyeon asked you as soon as he stepped into his room. He was holding a bowl of popcorn and two cans of Pepsi in his hands.

“Nooo…” you shook your head before you took one can from Joonmyeon’s hand.

“Okay.” With that, he started to help you solving the mathematics equations.

 

***

 

After an hour of writing and punching the buttons on the calculator, finally you were done with your homework. Now, you were still sitting on Joonmyeon’s bed and playing UNO cards with him. It was only 10.00 pm and you don’t feel like going to bed that early.

“Oppa.”

“Hmm?”

“When’re you planning on confessing your feeling towards my best friend?” you could see Joonmyeon’s face became red suddenly.

“When I’m ready.”

“When?”

“Why’re you asking?”

“Because I saw your desktop background and I knew you’re head over heels for her and I don’t want you to lose the chance because apparently there’re a few guys in my class have crush on her.” You said that in one breath. You grinned when you saw Joonmyeon’s facial expression was changing at the mention of your classmates that have crush on Sunmi.

“Uhh… I’ll think about it la- wait for a second. You said that you didn’t touch anything. How did you know that her picture was my desktop background?”

“Err… hehehe.” You scratched your head lightly with your finger.

Joonmyeon sighed.

“Oppa.”

“Hmm?”

“Let’s make a dare.”

“What dare?”

“Ehem.” You cleared your throat. “If you lost to me, you have to confess to Sunmi tomorrow.”

“And if I win?”

“If you win, then I’ll confess to Baekhyun that I like him.”

“…”

“…”

“So?”

“Deal.” Joonmyeon answered and he began to distribute the cards in his hand.

 

 

 

After a few moments,

 

“I win! Yessss!” Joonmyeon started to run around his room, leaving you on the bed, still didn’t believe that you actually lost to your brother.

I can’t believe this!

“Good luck, little sister.” Your brother showed you his mischievous smile.

You blew your fringe and rolled your eyes. Congratulations, ____. You just dig your own grave.

 

 

 


 

A/N : finallyyyyyy /breath in breath out/ i'm sorry for taking forever to update this story ;A; pleaseeeee forgive meeeeeehhhhhhh T.T

 

 

 

 

moreeee puppy baek! >.<

 

damn baekhyun. why you so cute? asdgjfkfldjdkslshkshfgfkdl