one

Angel's voice

It was Saturday night. You were sitting in your study table, doing your homework – mathematics equations to be exact. Usually, you would wear your headphone and listen to the songs in your iPod while you were doing your homework. From English songs to kpop songs to jpop. From pop to country to rock. Just named it. You can listen to all of it.

But today, you don’t feel like listening to those songs while doing those mathematics equations. You started off by solving the easiest questions (it’s not that easy actually) first followed by the more challenging questions. After a while, you decided to take a break after you realized that you were staring at the same question for 15 minutes. You took a glance at the clock on the wall. 11.00 pm. Then, you stared at your bed. Or maybe I should lay on my bed instead? You closed the book while making a mental notes ‘I’ll ask Joonmyeon oppa to teach me tomorrow’ before you went to your bed and laid there. Damn. I just can’t resist my bed.

“Ahh. It feels nice to lay here.” You mumbled to yourself. You stared at the ceiling blankly, waiting for your eyes to closed itself.

The moment your eyes went to close, suddenly you heard a voice, a very beautiful voice, singing a song. It comes from your neighbour’s house. But, Chanyeol oppa’s voice is different. Hmm. Ughhh! Whatever! Lets just enjoy this, ____-ah. You continued to listen to the voice.

Baby don’t cry tonight after the darkness passes

Baby don’t cry tonight it’ll become as if it never happened

You’re not the one to disappear into foam, something you never should’ve known

So Baby don’t cry, cry, my love will protect you

It was very soothing. As if it was a lullaby for you. A lullaby that help you to go to sleep after struggling to solve those equations. From the bottom of your heart, you thanked the owner of the beautiful voice as you drifted to sleep.

 

***

 

You woke up a little bit early on the next day since you slept quite early last night – you considered 11.00 pm early since it’s weekend. After getting your shower and get dressed, you went out of your room to the kitchen.

“Good morning, mom.”

“Good morning, ____-ah.” Your mom took a glance at you and then her focus went back to the pan on the stove.

You went to your mom who’s standing before the stove, cooking something – scramble egg to be exact – and you kissed her cheek before you walked to the dining table. “Good morning, dad.” You did the exact same thing that you did to your mom a while ago to your dad before you sat on the chair.

“Good morning, princess.” Your dad gave you a smile before he went to read the newspaper in his hand back.

“Can you help me to wake your brother up for breakfast, sweety?” your mom asked you the moment she placed 4 empty plates on the table.

“Okay.” You nodded and got up from the chair. You went to your brother’s room.

Knock! Knock!

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

Knock! Knock!

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

You opened the door and peeked inside just to see your brother was still sleeping with his whole body under the blanket except for his head. You walked into the room slowly and stood beside the bed.

“Oppa.” You poked your brother’s cheek.

He groaned and moved a little but his eyes were still closed.

“Joonmyeon oppa.” You poked his cheek again.

“Hmm?” his eyes were still closed.

“Wake up. Breakfast is ready.”

“Hmm.” But he still didn’t move an inch.

“Oppaaaaa.” You shook his shoulder but he still didn’t open his eyes.

“Omo, oppa! My best friend, Sunmi told me that she’ll come over to have breakfast with us!”

Suddenly, Joonmyeon rose up from his bed. “Really?”

The moment you nodded your head, Joonmyeon already ran to the bathroom.

“Pffftttt. Hahahahahaha.” You just can’t help but to laugh. You knocked on the bathroom door. “Oppa, I’m just kidding. Sunmi is having breakfast at her house.”

“Yah!”

That was the last thing that you heard because you were already went back to the kitchen with a grin plastered on your face.

***

“Please, oppa. Pleaseeeeee.”

“No.”

“Please, please, pleaseeeee.” You kneeled down on your knees.

“Still no.”

“Oppa, why you so mean?” You pouted.

“Because you’re meaner.”

“Oppa, pleaseee. I’ll buy you a new pair of shoes.”

Joonmyeon shook his head. “Already have enough.”

“I’ll buy you a lot of foods.”

“I can ask mom and dad to buy it for me.”

“Okay. This is the last one. You better let me go to the café with you if you really want this.” You stared at you brother.

“What is it?”

“I’ll give you Sunmi’s phone number.” You can see Joonmyeon’s eyes went sparkle when you mentioned Sunmi’s name.

"..."

"..."

“Deal.”

You grinned. “Deal. Let’s go, oppa.” And both of you walked out of the apartment.

“Why you wanna go to the café anyway? It’s not like you never get to go there. You went there every Friday with Sunmi. Is that not enough?”

“Naaa. I just missed the cappuccino with coffee art on it that Xiumin oppa used to make for me. And I didn’t even get a chance to go to the café this week anyway.”

You and Joonmyeon kept talking and you gave him Sunmi’s phone number on your way to the café.

“We’re here.” Joonmyeon said before he opened the door for you, letting you walked in first before he followed your step.

You went straight to the counter next to the cashier and sat there. It’s your usual spot every time you came to the café. Joonmyeon already went to the other side of the café and sat there with his friends.

“What would you like to have in this lovely evening, miss?”

You looked at the guy who’s standing in front of you, across the counter. Well, he’s cute. And he has a sweet smile. And he looks like a puppy. Kyeoptaaa!

“Miss?”

“Oh.” Your cheeks went red, feeling a little bit embarrassed. “I-I’ve never seen you before. You’re new here?”

He nodded. That sweet smile never left his lips.

“Ahhh.” You nodded. “Is Xiumin oppa here?”

He shook his head. “He went to the market a while ago.”

“Oh. I’ll just have a cup of cappuccino then.” You smiled at him.

“Okay.” He said to you before he went to make your cappuccino.

After a few minutes, he placed a cup of cappuccino in front of you with that sweet smile still plastered on his lips.

“Enjoy.” He said to you before he went to other table to take an order.

You sat there, enjoying your cappuccino while you stared at the outside of the café, watching people passing by the café, there’re a few of them walked into the café and you saw that new guy and another worker – his name is Luhan – taking their orders and whatnot. You talked with Luhan oppa when he’s back to the counter to make those coffees. You’ve known him since the first time you came to the café. He’s friendly, just like Xiumin oppa. As far as you know, both of them were best friend since they’re in college.

“____, are you done?” suddenly you heard Joonmyeon’s voice.

“Yeah.” You stood up. Your brother already went out of the café. You searched for the new guy. Then, you noticed him walking towards the counter with a few empty cups on the tray in his hands. “Thank you for the cappuccino.” You smiled at him.

“You’re welcome.” He smiled back at you.

“Oh. What’s your name anyway?” you asked him.

“It’s Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun.”

 


 

A/N : i just feel like writing this one. hehehe. for those who're waiting patiently for me to update He Loves Her, She Loves Him, i'll try my best to update it tonight. i'm not going to promise bout it, but i'll just try my best, okay? :) i love you guysssssss <3

 

do follow me on my tumblr here :)

 

 

 

 

here,

pouting puppy baek for you guys! xD

he's so adorable i just cannot >.<

can i have him as my pet?