The truth

Unexpected love: A SHINee and You story

 

You and Min Young ran from the fight scene as fast as you both could. At last, you found a small, empty alley, a suitable hiding spot.

 

"Phew," you panted, wiping the slight sweat from your brow.

 

Min Young was also panting and massaging her sore legs. 

 

"Min Young unnie … why did you come back?" you asked. Min Young stayed quiet.

 

"If you don't want to tell me, that's fine. I guess we just have to wait here for SHINee oppas -"

 

"I came here because I thought Sunggyu would be over me by now." she blurted suddenly.

 

"Unnie … can you explain that to me, please?"

 

"I thought … he gave up on me. It's not what you think." she added hastily. "It's just … I liked Sunggyu too. But I had my eye on Woohyun for a while." she rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly. "I wanted to tell him I had feelings for him but I was afraid I would hurt Sunggyu."

 

"So," you took up the mystery from here. "You staged the scene. You wanted Sunggyu to think that you cheated on him for Key, so that you two would break up and you could have Woohyun all to yourself."

 

Min Young laughed bitterly. "You really are a smart one." 

 

"But the plan went wrong. I went too far. Sunggyu was beyond angry, and ordered my execution. Thanks to Woohyun oppa, I lived."

 

"But why? Why did you go too far to hurt Sunggyu?" 

 

"I really liked Woohyun … back then, I was selfish. I only cared about myself. And back then, I didn't care who I hurt, just as long as I got what I wanted. Now I have changed. I learnt my lesson. And I will always regret breaking Sunggyu's heart." Min Young was on the verge of tears.

 

You patted her shoulder comfortingly. "There, there, unnie. The past was meant to be forgotten. Sunggyu should've moved on. You can't let this hold you back from Woohyun. That is, if you love him that much now."

 

Min Young tearfully smiled at you. "Thank you, dongsaeng …" 

 

Just then, Jonghyun found you. 

 

"Oh, there you are. Key's looking for you." 

 

You looked at Min Young. "C'mon, unnie, let's go."

 

Min Young allowed herself to get dragged away.  

 

Key was waiting for you ten blocks away. The corner of his lips were slightly red, but there wasn't any visible signs of bruises. 

 

"Key oppa!" you cried and jumped straight into his already open arms.

 

"Oof!" you squeezed Key hard. "You're all right!"

 

"I would be if you let me go right now! You're squishing me to death!" Key wheezed. 

 

"Sorry!" you bowed. 

 

Key chuckled. "Aigoo, so cute." he ruffled your hair.

 

"I hate to break up the romance, but can we go?" said Jonghyun irritably. Min Young sighed. 

 

"All right, come on, ~~~~~~. I'll take you home." Key grabbed your hand and took you to his car that was parked not too far away. 

 

Before you entered the car, you waved at Min Young. She gave you a small smile before disappearing.

 

"What happened to Infinite?" you asked as Key revved up the engine to his car.

 

"Nothing too drastic." Key made a face. "If they ever come for you again, tell them that Key will whoop their asses!" 

 

You had to chuckle at that. "That I will."

 

"I'm glad you got away," said Key. 

 

"Can I ask you something?" "Fire away." 

 

"Well … " you looked out at the setting sun. 

 

Just then, his phone rang.

 

"," he cursed. "Could you get that for me?" You nodded.

 

You answered the call. It was Taemin.

 

"Oh, hi Taemin … yeah we're all right, still in one piece … uh-huh, no wait, Key's driving  … are you calling later? Ok, bye!" You hung up.

 

"Taemin?" he asked.

 

"Yeah."

 

"All righty."

 

You arrived at your house. Your father wasn't at home. How unusual. Not.

 

You fished your key out of your pocket and unlocked the door.

 

"Bye Key oppa." you bid. Key smiled. *She is so adorable … how many times have I said that?*