Chapter II

Let out the beast

Kai's POV

The car hood was completely crumpled,some drops of blood splatter on glass.Who was the victim could hardly be alive now,this thought made me hold my breath.

In front of the car there weren't traces of a body,the left headlight was destroyed,implying,this was the main side of the impact.Surrounding the car,i tried to find the person,but no success.What left a last and scariest option:What if she/he was under the vehicle?

All my body was shaking,sweat dripping from my forehead, i,slowly,reached down and put my head under the car.

Nothing.

-What the hell happened?!-Covered my face with the hands.

 

Bash!

 

A sound,like something had dropped behind me.In a reflex,I turned my body and saw the trash can on the floor,it was in front of an alley,seeming like someone or something,before enter the alley,ended up bumping into the trash can.

Aish,did Sehun really have to live in one of the most dangerous place in Seoul?

Scared,i direct myself to the driver door,but ended up slipping in something slimy.I could feel my clothes dampened,due the substance,but didn't have idea what was it,the street didn't have proper lighting,letting it to some lights lit in the apartments around.

Today,definitely,wasn't being my best day.Quickly,i tried to stand up, supporting my hands on the floor and covering them with the substance,just then i was inside the car.Put the key in the ignition and sped up to get out this weird situation,the shattered windshield made the view terrible and,to top,i only had one of the front headlight,anyway i was already near Sehun's apartment,he would have to help me.

Spending the brakes,i arrived his place and Sehun waiting there with a shocked face.He was curious about what happened with the car,paralyzedo,Sehun just could look at my car with an open mouth.

It'd be hilarious,if it wasn't tragic.

He needed some explanations,so i leave the car to talk to him.His eyes widened even more,and each step i gave towards him,he step back.

Sehun,repeatedly,pointed at me,but i could understand the meaning behind this,then i stopped walking.

-What?-Now,i was as confused as him.

-Blood...your...clothes...-His mumble didn't make sense.In response,i frowned.

-I was in a weird accident,but as you can see,i'm alright.-I tried to pass with my words some tranquility to him,but it wasn't working.His face kept the same,adding a scream.

-Sehun,calm down!.-I was shouting back.-I'm the one who was in an accident,help me and don't freak out!.-It was unexpected to see my friend, who always had a cold temper,losing the control.

- you,Jongin!-I was caught in surprise,he had never talked to me in this tone.-Look at yourself!-Now,his indicator was pointed to the rearview.I followed to where he pointed and took a look at myself,being helped for the lights of his building.

My jeans,green tshirt,hands....all covered with blood..I was using the seat bealt,nowhere on my body was hurting,lifting my shirt there wasn't injuries.So was this the substance i slipped?

-AHHHHHHH!-My terrifying image in the mirror,no wonder he moved away from me,i was disgusted of myself.-T-this i-isn't m-my blood!.-I ran towards him,stammering.

-I will call someo...

-No police or ambulance.-I cut him off.-It could turn a scandal,my dad would kill me.-Shivered in fear.If the media caught it,i already could imagine the biased tomorrow's news:''Seoul's governator son involved in a murder.''The elections are about to happen,how would my dad defend himself from such a hard hit?He could even not be reelected.

-Ok.-Sehun agreeded,understanding my fear.-You can stay here.-He gave soft slaps on my cheek.

-And the car?.-I couldn't appear at home with the car in this condition.

-Take your personal things and leave it.-He walked near the car.-Even in this condition,let's say this neighborhood isn't very seletive .-Sehun gave a nervous smile.

I just could nod and follow his advice.

                                                                                                                 ...

D.O’S POV

Damn it!-The cut on my waist was bleeding,but i still have to end up this hunt.

How people like that boy are getting driver's licenses?It'd took some time until the cut recover,until there i'd have to press my hands on it,to stop the bleeding.

My target was running ahead,if it wasn't the accident and my injury,i could easily catch him.His soul was hopeless,anyway,it wasn't my intent find him.

Every afternoon i do some physical exercise,not only to keep my body,but also to chill out.Today was not different,i decided to do running,put my black shorts,a white sport shirt and my sneakers,however,while running on the streets i choosed an alternative path.

I knew this neighborhood was dangerous and that's why it was my choice.After gets dark,there aren't many people on the street and i appreciate the silence more than anyone else.However,i was doing my course casually,drinking my water to avoid fadige,i passed by the municipal school and that's where things turned messy.

Some women study at afternoon and when there is no choice,they bring their sons with them.The blonde woman was holding hands with her daughter,an adorable little girl,brunnete and with an adorable smile,the girl was happy,jumping the sideway.For a moment,she left her mom's hands and hastened the steps,while her mom tried to catch her pace,this man showed up face to face to them.

I was running on the other side of the street,my eyes weren't more on them,but i listened her scream.I kept running,i don't crave to turn a hero or some of these boring figures,many times i let some situations like these,pass.

Somethings have to happen like they were made to be,i can't take care of the world,even when my existence mean this.What I owe to God,after it took away what was more precious to me?

Even,firmly,believing in my thoughts,this situation was disturbing me.Don't need more explanations the reasons why my senses are optimized,why even if  being far away i could clearly hear all the disgusting things he was saying to the two of them and why i'm very sensitive when someone is violent towards children.

The angry hit me and my breath was irregular,at the point i had to stop my running.My hands were shaking fists,my eyes closed,trying to control the pain in my head,so i turned my body.

The beast wanted it,but i was giving my best to stop the transformation.Unsuccessfully.

When my eyes opened,my vision was in a burning red and i could feel his wickedness,about seconds i was with them.

He took both to an alley,gun in the hand and psyco eyes,the older woman was on the floor hurted by his punch,while the young girl was huddled in the corner,crying.

He pointed the gun to the child,unlocked it and...

-Psst!-I called his attention.

-Bang!-He turned and shot in my direction.Unfortunently for him,i was expecting it and swerved the bullet.

Impressed by my speed,he shot five more times,while i was in a zig zag in front of him.Desesperate,he ran away through the alley,leaving the the mom and the girl.How could i chase him and let the two alone?

I approached the little girl,since her mother was unconscious.Her head was between her legs,she was closed in her own world,sobbing.I had to lower myself to reach her weight.

-Shiii,it's ok.-I tried to gain her trust,but she was still scared.-If you help me,your mom is going to be ok.-As soon as i talked about her mom,she lifted a little the head and looked at me.

-I will catch that man.-Firmly,said.-But,i will need your help,right?-Her eyes shined.

-Mommy is gonna be ok?-Asked me in a low voice.

-Yep,if you do what i ask.-I smiled to show a positive image.The girl nodded and this was my chance.

I offered my right hand to her and,slowly,she catch it to stand up.I hold her hand and we went outside the alley,the school was near us and it was about time until she reaches there.

-Do you know mom's school,right?-She nodded.-You will have to go there and tell people what happened.-The girl listened me,carefully.

-But,you can't tell about me.Let's keep it as a secret,do you know how to keep a secret?-Smiling,i looked into her eyes.

-Yesss!-She smiled back,her eyes was still swollen,because of the cry.-You are like the superheros i watch in the movies...-She stated,admirated.

-Believe me,I have nothing of a superhero.-Gave her a sad smile.-Now,go there!

She left my hand and ran on the sideway,going to the school.I stay some more seconds to observe her path,when she was safe enough i remembered my target.He was far away,but his smell was rotten,i could feel him everywhere.

I followed his course,crossed some streets,looked in some alleys where he could be hid.When i was about to give up,the man appeared in the end of the street,he was so scared that he was running the neighborhood in circles and didn't even know.

He was static in the main crossroad,looking at all sides,as if looking for something or someone, in the case it'd be me.I couldn't hide a sarcastic smile,his fear makes ​​the game even more excitable, and I'd play with him before make a judgment.

Since it is summer,the heat was punishing Seoul,especially the suburbs,even then,my body couldn't get warmer.

The fire follows,seduces and,finally,controls me.It's a cycle i have been for centuries,i learned to improve my self control,but it can never been perfect.Time like this,when i witness a tragic injustice,it's hard to fight with the beast,then i let it out.

The sky was dark,avoiding others from going to the street,but me and him,we had something to solve this night.My steps were silent,horrible lighting helped my approach,he turned his back, looking north,a medium eagle's symbol on his black sweatshirt.

I admit,if i didn't have the advantage of this supernatural force,his muscular figure would smash me.The closer i was getting, his shoulders were becoming even wider,the man took a cellphone from his left pocket,while the right hand held a Glock.

Cursing,he typed some numbers and was shaking so much that couldn't complete the call.

-Where the am i?!-Mumbled at himself,throwing the phone on the ground.The streets were a desert,more rare than someone walking was a car passing by,Myeongdong is known as one of the most dangerous neighborhood,no one dare to visit this area at night,unless it's a criminal,like him,or fearless,like me.

Stopped a few feet from him,he,quickly,glanced at the left and that's when my presence was noticed.The man turned at me,staring me with horror,while he stepped back in a move to stay away.

His intention was cross the street to the north,in a hunt you should focus in your target and forget everything else,and that's what i did. Unfortunently,i couldn't count with the two lights that appeared on the right corne.A car.The speed was too much that i couldn't traverse first, the windshield broke with the collision and the glass cut into my skin affecting,mainly,my waist,on the right side.

An impact like this could kill normal beings,what was not my case,the pain didn't even come,but surprising,the blood did.The cuts were on the epithelium,but in a large extent,the reason why the blood was much,but the injury was not serious.

My body rolled to the asphalt,the heat from this summer day now was burning my back,put my hands on the mouth to hold the scream.

I better leave before the driver find me.

Crawling and taking advantage of the darkness,i could finally cross the street without been seen.Fast,i tried to get up,but after some steps my vision got blurry,making me take down a trash can.The smell was more than disgusting,I leaned against a wall,in the background of a store, the darkest point,i was in a alley and the driver couldn't see me,but i had a perfect vision of him.Well,not so perfect.Gradually,my vision was going back to normal,the driver was a boy,the bit i could see was his muscular and tall body,plus the tanned skin.His smell was amazing,different from what i’ve felt before,it was not a perfume,or any cosmetic product,it was different...unique.

According to his actions,he seemed desperate and keep looking around the car,his face was a blur,an unseen beauty.Rubbed my eyes trying to recover the vision and see him,but it took too long,he entered in the car and,quickly,went away.

The wind came in the form of hot steam,bringing not just Seoul's summer heat,but also his smell. I inspired the air,as much as I could,feeling him,first,running in my lungs,then in my blood,spreading inside me.Goosebumps,his scent was like chocolate,addicting,at the max, and that's why,for some seconds,i was lost in frenzy.

Couldn't enjoy too much,his fragrance came mixed with a rotten smell and it wasn't the trash on the ground anymore,but my target running away.

In a explosive action,i was in straight position and ready to catch him.The alley would be a alternative way to reach him,still dazed  I pressed the injury and kept my way.

So,here i am,climbing a rusty grid to go to the top of a business building.My claws were used like stakes to climb up the wall,the ripped shoes now were useless,but my paws were enough to keep the support on the wall and boost up my body.

In a jump,I grabbed the edge of a window and contracted my legs until get into it,soon i ran to the edge on the other side.There,i could clearly see the city,Seoul was amazing,not for nothing it was my favorite place to live.The lights shining,non stopping clubs and market, I went up on the balcony,anyone who saw me could think it was a young man trying suicide,but i was waiting him.

Eyes closed,the man's steps sounding almost under me,it was time.A step in vain and my body slumped 25-story,arms hanging down at the sides in an upright position,the adrenaline running in my veins,but it took seconds until i crash on the ground.

The impact left a mark on the sidewalk,when i opened my eyes,we were face to face. Shocked face,the gritted teeth was shown,he put the right hand with the Glock in front of my face,in a swift movement squeezed his wrist.His face writhing in pain,the sound of the bone breaking,followed of a agonizing scream,my other hand grabbed his neck and i looked into his black eyes.

To purify his soul,the evil should be replaced by the mercy,but his dark iris didn't seem able to give up,then i tightened more his neck.Slowly,his iris were assuming a lighter tone,however,i wasn't sure he would endure until the end.A movie passed in my head,he was the main actor and all his sins and glory were shown,before his last heartbeat,the gray iris turned a white,and his soul was lacking the proud and cruelty that i saw before.

I abandoned your lifeless figure,his body was lighter,empty,i knelt down on the floor and put my index and middle finger together leaning them to his neck in a cross sign.Once I touched his skin,a spasm was manifested and,just then,now i could go home and his death would be seeming as a natural cause.After a painfull stretching,i walked back home,the day was more tiring than what i expected,all my muscles and bones were asking for rest,the transformation was over and while the sun was coming up i was just a young man dressing ripped clothes,in the eyes of workers who were going to their services,someone coming from a wild party or just a druggie.

the judgments,around the sixth avenue,there was one of the largest market in Seoul,it was popular,no fancy,you can find everything you are looking for,to entertainment,food,up to some illegal things.The stores and bars all day opened,i sit on a wooden bench,the red lamp in front almost blinding me,asked one cheap whiskey dose and a chocolate bar,those were all i could pay with the remaining coins in my pocket.

Nobody was paying attention to me, the bohemian reigns in this place, I was just another one.The whiskey was horrible as i though,but the chocolate reminded me something,better,reminded me someone.