Prologue

Let out the beast

D.O’s POV

XVI century

-The weather is changing - He looked at the gray sky. - Let's do the harvest faster.

My feet were hurting as much as my hands, the raindrops joined with the sweat to wet,even more,my hair.Since early morning we were doing the harvest,kilos and more kilos of several vegetable,herbs and fruits, enough to feed our village.Different from other villages,the gender didn't set the activities,anyone could do anything as wanted, so,it was not uncommon see the men venturing cooking and cleaning.

The weather got colder, bristling my body hairs,somehow,it seemed more than just a storm was coming.Carrying the harvest,i was already far from the crops,almost arriving in our village,but every step i took a bad sensation grew up on me.

-AHHH! - An amount of different screams scared me.Leaving the crop on the ground, I turned my body to the direction of the screams.

A surprise attack,all my people were being tearing to pieces by their beastly figures.There were many of them,more than i could count,organized in groups and coming from different directions,circling us.The blood spilling together with the screams,in a counter attack our warriors also transformed,the imminent danger made it happen  faster,however,we were weakened.

Among the victims,i saw Zelo,my little cousin.Before be terrified by the image of his divided members,Zelo was running away and his innocent face,that earlier had a stamped smile,now it was frightened.

He ran through the deaths,averting and jumping the corpses,until fall on a vegetable bed.His arms supported while trying to stand up,when he was about to do it a figure catched his blond hair,lifted him like he was a piece of paper and turned to look at me. His overall visual was similar to our specie,but his eyes glittered in a tone of escarlet that  i've never seen before,his iris looked like flames.In the human visual,he would be a handsome boy,dark mid-length hair and pale skin,accentuated by his bestial shape.

Zelo used his last strength struggling to get out,but it didn't work. Without take the eyes on me,the scarlet eye boy put the other hand on Zelo's neck, suffocating him,painting his milky skin with a soft blue tone.An evil smile appeared on the boy's face,and with a fast movement Zelo's head was ripped out and thrown to the  ground,joining the others corpses..By far,impotent,i watched our misery.Actually,i could come back and try to help them,my body was almost ready to fight,i could feel their pain,despair,the hate in my veins and that already known burning sensation taking control of me.

-Kyungsoo,control yourself.-Suddenly,his voice echoed in my head.

-Appa?!Where are you?Are you fine?-My dad's transformation was already over,since we were relatives our conexion was more intense. Telepatia was just one of the benefits,we could also feel each other vital's signs and feeling,like we were one.

-There is no time for answer-His voice was rough.My dad exhaled bravety,a perfect example of a patriarchal figure,even into all this disgrace,he was a warrior.- Go back to the village and protect those who were left!-It was an order and i ran as fast as i could to accomplish it.

If i wanted to arrive there early,it would  require much more than my human legs and my weak cardio.Then,i let out the beast inside me.

Easier than i though, my foot were resembling paws, tougher,the maximum agility came when my back curved, the beautiful landscape viewed in red,the same color of my íris,the wind trying to stop me,coming against my body and hindering my race.                                              Maybe the gods weren't in our side,the legend says the transformation of our village men was a ''gift'',Gods' gift for the arduous work by our descendants who were part of the first civilization formed,an example of superiority.We would be angels in paradise,where peace was established,but in the earth,full of sinful men,we would be the beast,vigilantes and imponent.

More shocking than know there was another civilization like us,that also could assume a beastial shape,it was the difference between us,not only physical,but behavioral.It was notorious their violence,in combate with others,our mercy covers women and children,but looks like these types were their first target.An attempt to make it cruel and impactful,what was successful.

As soon as the path ended,i saw our village,or what remained of it.The entire scenery was shrouded in darkness,the trees i used to climb when i was a kid,now they were lifeless trunks,the house my appa building** for us,it turned ruin,like most of others houses around.Different from the field,there weren't screams,rather a disturbing silence that matched with the graveyard that had become the place.

Some people still agonizing, bitten, torn apart, the death would be a relief for them.My feet took me to where was my house,i observed the place trace of life,and even if the stones and shards were hurting my feet,nothing hurt me more than found her lifeless body.

-Omma!-Layed on the ground where used to be our kitchen,there she was in a endless sleep,the bite on the right side of her neck was the guilty. The blood staining her clothes,caressing her face i settled her head on my lap,the first tears coming out of my eyes.

-Do Kyung-soo,stop playing and come help me cooking! - I swear,omma's scream can be heard anywhere.

One of the first things my dad me taught was how to ride a horse,it is useful in many activities and also a transportation,when we need to visit neighbor villages.Anyway,for me and the other boys,there is nothing more fun than a horse racing and this time,i won.

After the ride,we come back home to treat the horses,giving them water,food and cleaning the ferradura..That was when i listened mommy's scream,here starts the boring part of the day.

-Aigoo,what do you need? - To avoid complains,i,immediately,went to the kitchen,not forgetting on the way to take off my dirty clothes.

-Ah,these dirty hands.Did you wash them? - Strictly, she asked.

Our house was small,so the rooms were pretty close to each other.As she ordered,i washed my hands,my parents were disciplinarians,but it didn't make them less kind,their way to show love was like this,teaching me good things.

I returned to the kitchen having a frown on my face.

-Now,you're even more handsome.-Laughing,she hugged me tight.

-I'm hungry.-Play with the boys took all my energy.

-Guess what i am cooking?-She had a smile on her face,while messing with my hair.

-Oh... bulgogi?!-My favorite food,the smell is characteris,i was too distracted that i couldn't feel it.

-Yes!-Mom left the embrace to check the meal.

-Love you!-.I hugged her from the back,there is nothing better than eat your favorite food when hungry.

-Love you too,sweetie.

Her soft voice echoed in my head.Lost in memories and without my peripheral vision,i didn't feel his presence.

-Her blood taste like .- Outwardly my body froze,but inside a revolution was happening.In a jump,i left her body on the ground and assumed my beastial form,my fangs shown to him,the veins popping,my heart working on maximum due the angry.

He matched my actions,we stared at each other,while walking around the room.

- You're disgusting - My words were spat,in my vision his image was in a burning red.

-No more than your lovely omma.-His sarcastic smile was enough to make lose control. I threw myself on him,the old kitchen turned a duel camp,my claws hit his face,but in a fast movement he pushed me and stood up.                                                                                                      He was amazingly strong,my back slammed on one of the remaining walls, enough time for him mount on top of me and I squeeze my neck.My right hand reached his face,sticking my claws on his face i tried to make him reduce the tightening,but he kept it.

The blood trickling on his face,my irregular breath asking for oxygen.Luckly,he pulled  away pressing the wound,i took this chance to stand up and hit him on the stomach several times.He tripped and counter attacked with a scratch on my chest,his claws were longer and me perform profundamente

I didn't have any experience fighting with other beasts like me,the transformation optimizes my muscles,bones and skin,giving me a ''natural armour'', sturdy enough to support men's attacks with swords, spears and arrows,but his supernatural force made deep cuts on my chest,for the first time,i was feeling the real pain.

As much as he was a good fight,his actions were explosives,but he lacked training,what i had advantage.My blows hit him hard,and i knew if i pushed a little more,he wouldn't have cardio to keep this fight equilibrated.

His back curved and he ran outside the ''house'',i followed him.Our speed was something incredible,on his heels i barely could see his paws moving,it was like he was floating and i was using my all to keep the pace.

Suddenly,a trunk came towards me, giving me less than seconds to dodge,he was trying to evade.He was getting tired.

 We entered in one the trills to the forest around,the tall trees protected us from the heavy rain,but the ground was getting flooded each step we gave into the forest.The roots were jumped,he stopped running in a linear direction and made small curves,underpinning on the trunks.His image was in a zig zag,in one of the curves,he lost the control and slipped,running in mud.

To not follow his mistake,i jumped in his direction and mounted on his back,holding him in a rear choke.The mud let our bodies slippery,i supported my body on his back,pressing him on the ground, my legs around his waist to lock his movement.

Time for my revenge.

-Do you mind if i have a piece of you?-I asked him,in the most ironic way.

He shook his head desesperatly.I couldn't understand his mumbles,since the rear choke was tight.In fact,i didn't have any interest to know his thoughts,probably,he'd ask clemency,like many already did.

To bite was not something i was used,we don't do it in a banal way.The most experiente beasts have the technique,they do it to show superiority when there is a public to watch it and fear them.You don't taste your enemy's blood for free,if you don't know how to bite your preys in the right way,their deaths will be disgraced,so as you.

It's surprising that his beast specie have a habit of biting the targets without care.so,i'd show him how it's like and make it in the most hurtfull way.

Tired of shaking,his body touched the ground, he was handed over.I leaned my head to the right side of his neck and blew on his skin.

He shivered in fear.

My mouth opened on the widest way my jaw could support,my fangs ready to the attack.

A pain in my heart,my heartbeat decreased and it felt like i was being suffocated.My body fell to the side, straight into the mud,i put my hands on my neck trying to figure out the reason to my breathlessness,but this was coming from inside.

Panicking,i looked aside and saw him breathless crawling away.

My dad,i couldn't feel him anymore,countless times i tried to contact him telepathically.Nothing.His heartbeats lost,nonexistent and the pain inside me growing in a magnificent way.

I tried to stand up,but my legs were shaking.Even with blurred vision,i saw his figure already stand up,he was not in his beastial form,just a normal boy with weak muscles.

Our eyes met for some seconds before he ran away,and then everything turned black.