CHAPTER 18

Marrying A Creep

The wedding was moved due to your parents' busy schedule. And today, you're on your way back to your parents' place to stay there for awhile while Chanyeol's together with his parents in Japan. You sighed, stopping your car in front of the gate. You stepped out and wlak towards the gate before pressing the doorbell. The gate opened and you quickly enter inside, making your way to the living room where your brother is probably chilling at. You clapped your hands twice and your brother quickly stood up from the couch and he quickly ran towards you and huf you tightly. 

"Finally! I have someone to talk to!" He said, spinning you around. 
"Aish! They're still not home?? Where are they? They need to go home! It's been a week since they're not here! It's—"
"You just miss Chanyeol..." He said, cutting your words. You looked away, feeling terribly crazy. Your brother laughed, clapping his hands in amusement as he walk back towards the couch, throwing his own body on it. He sighed, grabbing the remote and calm his self by flipping through channels. 
"So what if i miss him, dude?" 
"...and you feel bitter because you're wedding got postponed." 
"Yes! It's a Yes!! A freaking Yes! How's that for you?!" 
"Wonderful..." He said. 
"Don't worry... Tomorrow's the wedding!" He sang, wiggling his eyebrows. 
"But they should be home right now!" You whined. 
"They'll be home! Don't worry!— oh, Ahjussi, please bring us some drinks..." He said. 
"I'm really nervous for tomorrow. Plus! Chanyeol's not calling me. And if i'm calling him... He's ending my phone call! I don't even know what's the problem!" You said. The maid arrived, handing you your glass of mango juice. You thanked her and you drink it, making your way to the couch adjacent to where your brother is sitting. 
"I don't know if he wants to back out..." You said. And after that, you felt a pain in your heart. 
"Ya... Don't say that—"
"Just what if... What if he backs out..." 
"He won't! Besides, you two are still married even he backs out!" 
"But it means that he doesn't like me anymore... What if... He—"
"We're home!" A familiar voice said. You look at your brother with wide eyes and you quickly stood up. 
"Eomma! Appa!" You said. 
"Oh! Namji-ah~" she said with a hint of tiredness in his voice. 
"Is... Chanyeol with you? Is he outside?" You asked and was about to make your way outside but was stop by your mother. 
"He's not outside." She said.
"Oh..." You said, forcing a smile.
"They're really busy, so i don't know if they will be back today." Your father said. 
"Is... Is there something wrong?" You asked, feeling something's different with the air they brought in the house. 
"Nothing dear, go to rest..." She said and you look at your brother, trying to ask if it's only you who can sense something. 
"What's all with you? Tomorrow's my wedding! I don't know what the heck is going on!" You said.
"Nothing's wrong dear... Nothing..." Your father said, patting your head. 
 
 
---
 
 
You were lying down on your bed, still not losing hope and still ringing up Chanyeol's phone. You took a deep breath, pressing the call button again but his phone turned off. You stare at the screen and you frowned. The door opened and your mother stepped in, shutting the door. 
"Why are you still awake? It's your wedding day tomorrow aren't you gonna have your beauty rest?" 
"What for? I can feel that Chanyeol's not even interested for tomorrow. He even turned off his phone." You said, standing up from your bed. 
"Maybe he's just busy... You know, he's going to handle their business soon." 
"That's not an excuse mom!" You said. 
"It is an excuse dear... It's for your future too... Plus... You too should know how to run my business since your brother will start learning under your father's care..." She said. 
"Don't change the topic. Tell me... Something's going on. Right?" 
 
 
---
 
 
"Can't we go back today?" Chanyeol asked his father who's still busy with the papers. 
"No." He simply replied. 
"And can i have my phone now? Why're you even keeping it away from me?" Chanyeol asked. 
"Because..." His father said, flipping through pages of the papers in his hands. 
"Because?" 
"Because you can't talk to her for today..." He replied. 
"But why?"
"Don't ask too many questions, son. You just can't talk to her for today. So you better get focused right now." 
"It's my wedding tomorrow. We should he back in Korea right now. Namji's waiting." Chanyeol said, standing up from his seat. 
"I'll go pack my things now--"
"Why? Is there something wrong? What's going on?" Chanyeol asked. His father heaved a sigh and he stood up from his seat, facing the huge window. 
"Because you and Namji is divorced. Your mother took care of it yesterday." His father said. 
"Mwo—mworago?" 
"There's no wedding that's gonna happen tomorrow, Chanyeol. You don't like Namji in the first place, right? Aren't you happy that you're free again?"