(1)

Unnie

i'm dumb

 


 

 

Of course, on the first day of sophomore year, Jimin would run directly into senior Min Yoongi, causing her to drop all of her books and causing the elder to fall flat on her in the middle of the hallway.

To Jimin, it feels like the world stops, time grounding to a halt, freezing her where she stands and replace any and all thoughts in her head with “oh ,” and “why me?” and “I’m going to die today.” She’s too shocked and terrified to do much more than stare as the senior girl grimaces, gingerly rising to her feet and rubbing her now-sore backside as she readjusts her backpack and oversized headphones. Then her sharp gaze cuts over to Jimin, and suddenly apologies are spilling from the younger’s lips.

“S-sunbaenim,” she stutters, breaking out of her trance and kneeling to the floor, starting to recollect her fallen papers and textbooks, “s-sunbaenim, I-I’m sorry, I w-wasn’t looking where I w-was—”

“Watch where you’re going next time,” Yoongi cuts her off, grumbling bitterly, “some of us have classes to get to, yeah?” Her expression is so annoyed, so displeased that Jimin actually finds tears springing to her eyes as a sense of humiliation and disappointment crashes over her. “O-of c-c-course, s-sunbaenim,” she whispers, dropping her gaze and gathering the last of her things with shaking hands, “I’ll be m-more careful.”

Yoongi grunts in acknowledgement but doesn’t say anything more, and when Jimin finally gains to courage to look up again, the senior is gone.

---

“You what?” Jungkook half-shrieks, drawing the attention of several students around them before Jimin shushes her urgently. The other sophomore doesn’t close though, staring at Jimin with wide eyes and an expression that demands details.

“It was an accident!” Jimin mumbles, glowering at her lunch tray, “I was just distracted, and before I knew it I—” “You knocked over Min Yoongi,” Jungkook hisses, “on the first day of school. Park Jimin, do you have a death-wish?”

“Shut up,” Jimin moans, hiding her face in her hands and resigning herself to the fact that she’ll never be able to eat when she’s so stressed and Jungkook is so insistent, “I didn’t mean to…oh man, I’m gonna die.”

“Yeah you are,” Jungkook agrees unhelpfully, conveniently ignoring Jimin’s glare, “you know Yoongi-sunbaenim runs with that other girl…Namjoon or something. You know, the one in the grade above us with the short hair and the scary voice. They’re probably planning your demise right—”

Jimin fairly screams when someone suddenly drops onto the bench next to her, and when she turns to see who it is, she can practically feel the blood drain from her face. “Y-Yoongi-sunbaenim,” Jungkook squeaks across the table, definitely looking as pale as Jimin, “what are you doing here?”

“Shut up,” Yoongi growls, her headphones dangling around her neck, a heavy bassline pumping faintly out of them. She reaches across a frozen Jimin and grabs her lunch tray, moving it in front of herself and proceeding to eat what’s left on it.

Jimin and Jungkook stare in terrified silence until she finishes. “Thanks for the lunch,” the senior mutters, rising and wiping with the back of her hand, “we’re even now, Park Jimin.” Then she smiles, a horrible, sharp-toothed grin that shakes Jimin down to her core, before turning on her heel and striding away, her shorter-than-regulation uniform skirt swishing behind her.

“Holy ,” Jungkook breathes.

Jimin nods, watching Yoongi disappear into the crowd of schoolgirls. 

Yeah. Holy .