Prologue

What I least expected about what I expected about expectations.

"I still can’t believe I will be riding on a damn plane, a commoner’s plane.” Allen muttered under his breath, silently sending the words to his manager, Miranda. Allen and his manager are currently at the outdoor staircase of Allen’s mansion, waiting for the chauffer to arrive.

“Don’t blame me your highness, your private plane is currently on maintenance. And unfortunately, the British flight were all full booked and the only available flight is the Korean Air. And you’re lucky that there’s still an available First Class seat in that plane. Because most of the seats were already booked to some Korean muchachos. So don’t give me that face young man.” Miranda glared at him like a mother scolding her child. Allen scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest like the stubborn boy he is.   

“Besides, I think the only thing that you need to worry about is your bag. Did you really pack all the stuff? What about your passport? Do you have your passport? What about cheque book, we need those cheque books!! Do you have it!? It’s important to have it because if we lose our credit card-“

“Shut up woman! I have packed it with me twice, scratch that, trice! So shut your bloody mouth! ”Allen harshly cuts off his manager’s paranoia. Miranda gasped at his choice of words.

‘This brat is getting sharper every day.’

“For an eighteen year old boy, you sure got sharp comeback to your elder.” Miranda flicks the lad’s forehead, receiving a deathly glare from the latter.

“I’m nineteen, not eighteen. Get that in your head grandma!” Allen huffed, tapping his finger harshly onto the female’s forehead three times.

“But you’re still not, am I right? It’s not your birthday yet.” Miranda reminds with a smug smile. Her arms propped onto the handle of Allen’s suitcase while watching the annoyed expression slowly form on the latter’s face. Allen rolled his eyes before putting on his sunglasses when he spotted a black Roll Royce Phantom entered the mansion’s property.

 

Allen and Miranda enter the car as soon as it stops while letting the chauffer handling their luggage.

“Why don’t you say goodbye to your mansion aye? You will leave it for one year after all. Sad to leave such a pretty gloomy mansion.”

“One and a half month. Get it?” Allen corrected, glancing sharply to his manager from the corner of his eyes.

“Aye, I'm just playing with ya', Of course I know.” Miranda rolled her eyes, sarcasm lacing her tone along with a smirk that starts to form on her face.

Closing the car bonnet, the chauffer enters the driver’s seat to start the car before exiting the woodland estate.


It’s not always crowded in Heathrow International Airport. Mostly, there will be a few people rushing like a mad dog to their terminal, some happy bunch of family and their planned trip, CEO's or reprehensive journeyed to expand their franchise, and last but not least, the airport staffs, all standing neatly at their stations, ready for another day of work. Nothing to be considered special at all.

But sometimes, some specific day, it will be loaded. Loaded with people, majority of them were youngsters, below thirty-five, above nine. All were shouting and cheering as if there’s no tomorrow. And the most wonderful –note the sarcasm- thing of all is that majority (97%) of them. . . Are girls.

They are here not for a nice relaxing holiday, not even for a business meeting nor for work -maybe for the reporters. To make it more precise, their activity is not even identically related on to fly in a piece of metal. If you ask them what’s the occasion is, you may have to plug on your ears because they will answer, more like scream;

“ALLEN!!!” “ALLEN MARRY ME PLEASE! WE CAN SNOG ALL DAY IF YOU WANT!!!” “HAVE MY BABIES!” “SIGN THIS ALLEN! AND WE CAN BE TOGETHER FOR BLOODY EVER!” “ALLIE! YOU’RE SO CUTE I CAN’T!!””MY SUNSHINE! MY BABYDOLL!!!”

Girls, he can see a lot of girls littered all over the airport driveway, all anticipating his presence. Allen groaned, the more he hear those –annoying- hyena squeals, the deeper he slumps onto his seat.

‘Hell I would just jump of the bloody cliff in Norway if I it's my choice to escape from here.’

 As the black car rolled down to the valet, fans began to crowd onto the car. Some desperately clawed onto the tinted window to get the boy inside the car outside.

Bodyguards, all clad in black suits appeared from a black van when the situation starts to get more hazards. They block all the fans from crowding near the car to make a way for the young idol to walk easily.

Seeing that the pathway is clear for him to walk, Allen steps out of the car which rising up the volume of cheer and flashes of camera from his fans and paparazzi. He cringed at all the attention he receives while the bodyguards struggling to block all the fans and paparazzi.

"Allen why are you taking a break from the entertainment?" “Are you tired of the idol world?” “Does this mean you want to quit singing?" “What will happen to your fans and everyone?" 

Questions from reporters to reporters filled Allen's ears but he ignores them like a bunch of flies fighting for rubbish. It's not that Allen will quit singing, he just want a damn break from the entertainment life for two months. He considers this as his vacation but his fans were too overreacting. Scratch that, they’re always overreacting.

Due to Miranda’s constant nudging for fan service from behind, Allen forced a grin to his fans, waving his hands around. He regret it, it only gains the volume of the hyena-like squeals; some faint due to his ‘charms’. Allen ignores it and continues on making his way towards the aiport gate.

It takes a lot of time but Allen and Miranda manages to escape from all the crowds and complete the security check from the airport without any disturbance.

“Thank you and have a safe flight!” The lady smiled as she hands back Allen his ticket. Allen nods as reply before dragging his semi-large Union Jack print luggage towards the First Class entrance with Miranda in tow.

“Now Allen, listen here.” Miranda taps Allen on the shoulder to have the boy’s attention. Allen stops and looks at the woman with one of his eyebrow rose, motioning for her to continue.

“The people inside the plane are not all English or even European. Most of them will be either Korean or Asian.” She paused; looking for any trace of expression at the latter’s confusing one.

“What I meant to say is that, I don’t know if I get to sit with you because like I said earlier, the seats are all fully book and we are the last passengers to have it. So whatever happens, I may or may not seat with you.” Miranda finished, patting the boy on the shoulder. Allen heaved a sigh before replying with a half-heart nod.

“I get it, okay? No need to worry, it’s not like I’m one of those social anxiety freak who can’t live without someone to hold him,” He paused, rolling his eyes. “Besides, I’m planning to chat with my peers all the time so I don’t think my ‘seatmate’ will disturb me.” He smiled in assurance. Smiling back, Miranda ruffled the boy’s soft hair; one of her undying habits.

“That's my boy. Let’s go then.”