Scotty

Tale's For You

Washed Up - BangLo

 

Bang Yongguk left home at 15 to live the life of a hermit; not the most ideal life? Try telling that to Yongguk.

 

 

 

 

He lived in a shack – hut type, thingy. It had for walls and a roof and a bed, and it was good enough for him. He didn't really need a stove, and had a small fridge in there for drinks like water or tea. He cooked over a fire out on the beach and spent his day's walking along the sandy path. The reason why he chose this life, was because of how peaceful and calming it was. He'd seen his father buckle under the stress of running his company and that wasn't something Yongguk wanted. So he ran away.

 

Here he was now, about ten years later and living pretty well off. He'd spend his afternoon's on the beach and evenings stargazing. He'd cook fish and walk down to the local market where a nice boy named Jongup gives him free water bottles and tea. The kid was sweet. He would chat with the people walking by the beach and they were friendly enough to him. Because Yongguk didn't give them any reason to find him odd. He would smile and be polite and though his clothes weren't fashionable, he managed to look okay in sandles and sweats, a hoodie or a t-shirt on depending on the weather that day.

 

Today, was one of the afternoon's Yongguk would spend on the beach, he'd stare off into the wondrous blue ocean and wonder how it managed to be so peaceful. So quiet, almost – as if it was a gift from above.

 

But, Yongguk noticed something odd, wash up on shore that afternoon. Not a bottle or seaweed... But, a human boy?!

 

Yongguk scrambled up from his spot and rushed over, knleeing down and checking the boy's pulse... It was there, but the boy was surely going to die if he didn't do something. Yongguk knew basic CPR, and proceeded to count and he pressed against the teen's chest.

 

After a bit, the younger male coughed and wheezed up water, and Yongguk's heart slowed down a bit.

 

...Are you alright?” he asked slowly, the younger male – younger because with a face like that he couldn't he older than twenty, nodded, and cleared his throat.

 

I-I'm alright,” he whispered. Yongguk was taken back by how – nice the others voice was. It had been a while since Yongguk paid attention to something like that. His eye's also scanned down the others body, he was pale, and ...very tall. His hair was brown and his nose cute – he was very attractive.

 

I'm Yongguk,” he greeted.

 

Junhong, “ the boy smiled shyly, and looked around. “... How did I, well... Wait I know how but – “ Junhong sighed. “... I guess I fell off the boat.”

 

Yongguk tiled his head, “Boat?” he repeated. Junhong nodded. “My family was... we were on a boat, and I fell off. My mother, I remember hearing her screaming. But, I'm glad I'm alive, I just hope they know that.” he muttered, pulling his knee's up to his chest. Yongguk scratched his head.

 

If you want,” Yongguk trailed off, “You can stay in my hut for the night and I can take you into town, so you can call them.”

 

Junhong's expression brightened, “Really?”

 

Mhm,” Yongguk grinned back. This kid was cute. Junhong, without really thinking, threw his arms around the elder man. “Thank you Yongguk hyung!” he exclaimed and Yongguk felt his cheeks heat up as his hand slowly raised to pat the teens went strands.

 

You're welcome.”

 

 

Yongguk gave junhong a pair of sweats and a sweater his mom had given him a long time ago, it was too big on him now even, but it seemed to fit Junhong fine. Which was good. The younger was only 18, Yongguk has asked, and he was on vacation with his family from Mokpo. Yongguk listened intently, because he found it hard, not to listen to the younger. His voice was soothing, and cute and it reminded him of the ocean he came to love.

 

He told Junhong about his life, about what he was. Junhong said that was unique, and Yongguk had never felt so – happy.

 

They fell asleep that night happy with the company they shared.

 

But in the morning, Yongguk found his smile would slip away.

 

Junhong called his parents, and though he was happy the younger was going home, he was sad that the younger was leaving him. They didn't talk to much; or even know each other that long. But just – to know him, to be able to have Junhong near. It was more comforting than the ocean and he didn't know why.

 

My parents are coming in an hour, “ the teen sighed and gave a small sad smile toward the elder. Yongguk tried to grin back, but it wasn't his happiest.

 

Good.”

 

... Hyung,” Junhong trailed off. “You're nice, ya know?”

 

Because I saved your life?” Yongguk mused, Junhong grinned. “...Well there's that – but also. Something about you, just makes me feel... Happier. “

 

 

... Me too, Junhong.”

 

Junhong grinned and stepped closer to Yongguk. “... Is it weird? To be so comfortable with a person you barely know?” Junhong mumbled, and Yongguk slowly grabbed the teens hand.

 

He didn't pull away.

 

Yongguk shrugged and lead Junhong back to the hut, they had an hour before Junhong would have to leave and he wanted to spend at least some time with him.

 

I don't think so,” he sighed. “I believe things happen for a reason.”

 

Hmm.” Junhong squeezed Yongguk's hand.

 

... Hey, hyung?” Junhong asked, and Yongguk looked toward him.

 

What is it Junhong?”

 

I'm glad I almost drowned.”