Shake It Off

Just a Feeling (Wenrene/Sonbae Collection)
A/N: Believe me, this is a very random idea. It's sort of like a writing exercise.
 
 
 
"Irene unnie!" Joy yells again before munching on yet another piece of chicken wing.
 
 
"Her food is getting cold. Is she still not coming out of the room?" Seulgi asks.
 
 
Joy gulps down her food and shrugs. "I don't know. What is she even doing right now?"
 
 
Wendy sighs and stands up from the dining table, knowing that neither Joy nor Seulgi would want to be spared a second away from their dinner.
 
 
"I'll go get her."
 
 
When Wendy arrives at their room, she knocks first on the door and calls out for Irene.
 
 
"Irene unnie? We're already eating dinner. Aren't you going to eat yet?"
 
 
When Wendy receives no response, she turns the knob and finds the door unlocked. She casually lets herself in their room, but her eyes immediately widen in shock when she sees what Irene is actually doing.
 
 
Wendy brings a hand to to stifle her amused laugh. It was definitely a sight to see because the pink haired girl was already in her purple pajamas, her earphones plugged in her ears as she carelessly dances on top of her bed like a clumsy child, strands of her hair flying everywhere whenever she bobs her head, making it look like a pink pom pom. Who would ever think that most charismatic member of their group actually dances like a crazed fangirl when she's alone? And to think that Irene was the eldest among the four of them, she was definitely the most childish. Even Joy acted more mature than her most of the time.
 
 
While the leader waves her arms and shakes her hands in the air, she hums and murmurs the lyrics of the song. Wendy recognizes it to be Taylor Swift's "Shake it Off" when Irene audibly sings the chorus loud enough for her to hear. She's dancing with her eyes closed, still so into the song that she still has no idea of Wendy's presence in the room. Irene starts rolling her hips and even headbangs along to the fast beat while she claps. With her arms above her head and her swaying body, Irene twirls and Wendy smiles at the sight. She just stays there without any plan to make her presence known to the oblivious dancing dork. She's happy to know that she's the only one who's able to see Irene being like this. And possibly, might be the only one to ever see Irene being like this.
 
 
Wendy is about to take a video of their leader for blackmailing purposes (and for her own personal entertainment), but before she is able to take out her cellphone, she trips on a blanket lying around near her feet. She slips and falls, resulting with a loud thud as her body hits the floor.
 
 
The dancing leader suddenly whips her head towards the noise and gasps in surprise when she sees Wendy lying on a heap of blanket. Irene hastily takes out her earphones and immediately steps down from the bed, fumbling and flustered.
 
 
"Wendy! What are you doing here?!" Irene asks.
 
 
"Wow, thanks for helping me get up," Wendy grunts as she stands on her own.
 
 
"I asked you, what are you doing here?" Irene asks again with more authority in her voice.
 
 
"It's already dinner and we were calling you!"
 
 
"Oh..."
 
 
Wendy rolls her eyes sarcastically. "Yeah, oh."
 
 
"I didn't hear..." Irene says weakly in defense.
 
 
"And I could see why," Wendy smirks.
 
 
Irene looks away, embarrassed.
 
 
"You're lucky that I wasn't able to take a video. That would have been priceless."
 
 
Irene stuffs her face into her hands and groans begrudgingly. When she lifts her head Wendy is still sporting a teasing smirk at her, making Irene want to stuff her face into her hands again.
 
 
"How long have you been in here?" she asks.
 
 
"Long enough. I came in right when you started shaking your cute little tushie."
 
 
A color that's close to Irene's pink ombre starts to develop on the older girl's cheek but it's certainly a much darker shade.
 
 
"I didn't know you were a Swiftie," Wendy edges on her teasing.
 
 
Irene shakes her head. "I'm not. I just happened to come across this song on the internet and I...liked it."
 
 
"It's a fun song," Wendy nods. "Have you heard Speak Now?"
 
 
"Of course. You sang it for an SM Rookies video."
 
 
"Do you happen to like that song too?" Wendy asks.
 
 
"Do you want an honest answer?"
 
 
"Of course."
 
 
Wendy isn't sure why she feels that it's important to know what Irene thinks.
 
 
"It's nice but it's not my style," Irene says with a slight shake of her head.
 
 
"Oh..." Wendy says dejectedly. But her dejection turns into flattery and delight when Irene continues speaking.
 
 
"I only like it when you're the one singing it."
 
 
Wendy's head lifts up and so does her smile. "Really?"
 
 
Irene smiles back at her. "I always like hearing you sing."
 
 
An overwhelming lightness spreads throughout Wendy's whole system and she's sure that she won't be shaking off this feeling anytime soon.
 
 
 
END
 
 
 
A/N: I don't know. I just thought about writing a quick drabble like this when I was listening to Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off". A dorky dancing Irene was the first thing that came into my mind and I don't even know how that happened.