My name is Lee Sora

The Only Brightness In My Life Is You

Morning, the only time of my life where I am happy. Seems difficult to believe since most people aren’t a morning person, well, I am not ‘most people’ I am Lee Sora. I believe to myself that I am a person who is strong, can stand up for herself and I don’t need any friends to prove that. I’m guessing you are wondering how the worst time of the day can be my favorite time of the day. Mornings are calm, there aren’t any sounds of cars passing by if there is it would just be a few, I can hear the birds chirp beautifully, and I can feel the fresh air on my skin. After these few seconds of happiness it starts to be my worst nightmare. To be frank, I was an orphan, my parents died in front of me, when I was just 7. The horrifying memory still lurks in my mind. They died in a car accident which even at that young age, I knew for sure, was no accident. If you were observant you would have noticed that I said ‘was’, was because I am adopted now, by people that I don’t even want as parents, by the people who murdered my parents, the Parks. Before, I was young, so I didn’t understand why people would kill other people. But now, I am a teenager, and I know the reason behind the dark minds of people, jealousy. I also have a secret, one that nobody knows.

           After feeling the morning again, like I did for a thousand of times before, I head out to do my usual routine. I went to the kitchen to cook breakfast while the whole family is still fast asleep. I placed their food in plates and arranged it beautifully in the table, hoping that this time my cooking will fit their palates. Oh did I forget to mention, I am 17 years old now, so 10 years suffering with this harsh family. After a few minutes, the Parks suddenly started descending from their rooms and sat in their respective places.

“Ah, Sora, you cooked already. Good thing this time the food looks nice.” Ms.Park sleepily said.

“Honey, that’s just the looks of it, we still haven’t tried it now have we? Who knows, maybe it tastes like dirt again.” Mr.Park chuckled. Oh, how much I loathed them, and their children. But I can’t do anything when I am under their roof. After a few second I heard footsteps coming down the stairs again, this time happy footsteps.

“Morning omma! Appa!” Injung chimed, she is the oldest from the children of the Parks. She is a 3RD college student so I most of the time don’t see her in the house, following her suit came Sunyoung, the middle child.

“Whats the food for today maid?” she giggled. She was in college same class as me, a first year student.

“look at it and you’ll know dumb girl” I said.

“haha is that supposed to be a painful comeback? Tch, you’re helpless slave.” Jiyeon the youngest said. She was 4th year highschool student.

“Girls, girls, please stop this nonsense. You wil be starting classes after tomorrow so please get your things ready ok?” Mr. Park said as he ate his food.

“Honestly how do you cook these things? It still tastes horrible. Tch” Ms. Park mentioned. She is saying this while she devours the food deliciously. I seriously don’t like being lied to that woman needs to know what she says doesn’t go with her actions.

“Forget about food omma! I CANT BELIEVE IM IN COLLEGE ALREADY!” Sunyoung screamed.

“Hahaha yeah you are my little sis! Im so proud of you!” Injung said while taking a glance at me. “too bad she will be in the same class as you.” She hissed “why did you even take the same course as her huh?” she said.

“I was already planning to be in fine arts. Don’t blame me why she started taking it too.” I mumbled.

“Tch! Don’t lie, you were the one who followed me when I started saying how much I loved the fine arts.” She glared at me.

“Like I even care about what you say.” I returned.

“HEY! Why are you talking to my unnie that way huh?” jiyeon said while there still was food in causing rice to spill everywhere.

“Disgusting. I lost my appetite.” I said and stood up to leave the table.

“Its better that we don’t have you eating in the same table as us. So we wont see a face that is a gold digger. Just like her mother” Ms.Park said lowly but loud enough that I can hear. I stomped as went inside my room. Not that I care about how they think of me or anything but being called a gold digger and referring it to my mother too is just too much. If I could, I would stop all this, I would get out of this house. I did try that one time, and my ‘parents’ came running finding for me. They even went to the police and cried saying im their child and they love me very much. But as soon as we went home they threatened me, saying if I ever leave again, they would hurt my younger sister. Yes, I have a younger sister. Lee Hyora, she doesn’t live with me though. She is with another family, a happier one, but something happened to her 3 years ago and she still haven’t recovered. She is in a state where she cant move that much but not to the point where she is bedridden. I visit her once every week and we talk about a lot of things there.

Knock knock knock. There was a knock on the door, “hey! Slave! Here is a list of things that we need for tomorrow. Go buy these things for us ok!?” she screamed and pushed a paper under the door. I picked it up and looked at it my mouth fell when I saw how much things they needed. Are they travelling or going to school? Under the paper was some money but I doubt it will be enough for the things they asked.

I got ready to go out wearing my skinny jeans with a white top designed with black, and I placed a cap on my belt hole, wearing my converse shoes and placing my earphones on, I left. Heading out of the house I was walking along to the beat of my music. As I entered the shop, the first thing that caught my eye was a group of people, tall people to be exact.  I was short for my age so most of the people are taller than me. They were all guys too which attracted a lot of girls. I just ignored them and went to search for the things.

“Notebook notebook notebook…” I said as I was looking for it. “here” I took 10 pieces of notebook as written in the paper and for me I took 3. After few minutes of roaming around, I found almost everything except MCM bag. “Where is this, shouldn’t I go to a designer store for this?” I muttered to myself. I tried asking the counter lady.

“Uh, excuse me but do you have mcm bag here?” I said politely.

“Huh? What? I don’t know don’t ask me about that.” She said and continued doing what she was doing which was putting make up on. As I turned I found out the reason why, there were 3 good looking tall guys from behind me, who I am guessing was from that big group of people. I walked out of their way and started searching for that stupid mcm bag.

“Damn mcm bag where the heck are you” as I looked up, like a miracle I found that mcm bag. “Great now how am I supposed to get you” I said as I noticed how high up it was. I searched for a stand or something since I couldn’t find any clerk there. I placed my hands on my hips and stared at that bag for a while like I could make it fall down into my arms by just looking at it.

“Need help?” someone suddenly said. I turned my head and saw a tall guy who looked like a deer. Im thinking he is a clerk in this store so I replied back to him after bowing politely.

“Uh, yes please I cant really reach that bag can you help me with that?” as the words came out of my mouth I wondered if what I said even made sense. But nevertheless I still stayed cool.

“Sure, wait a minute.” He smiled and said then looked at how high up it was. After getting the bag he gave it to me. “here you go miss.” He smiled and left. I held on to the bag and went my own way, making a line to pay for the billion stuff I bought.

As I left the store and reached home I was drained out of energy. Placing the bags of stuff I bought on to the sofa. When I entered I didn’t see anyone’s shoes out meaning that they all left the house again without me. I rested for a while then stood up to on the the tv, playing was my favorite song BTS danger. I sang along to the song not minding even if I have the wrong lyrics. In the end it became night, because of singing and dancing too much to my favorite kpop songs I got so tired that I entered my room and slept after a few minutes. Not even noticing that the Parks finally came home. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i hope it is ok haha.. :)))