One Step At a TIme

Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunhyuk’s POV

Ryeowook’s going through an eating disorder. I wasn’t sure at first but I overheard Kangin and Leeteuk talking about it last night in Ryeowook’s room. I wasn’t sure at first since Leeteuk and Kangin did not mention anything to the other members and I thought that I could have heard wrongly but today looking at Ryeowook…. My heart hurts. Why couldn’t we have seen this? Ryeowook was as thin as a stick and although people said I was as thin as a stick too, this was totally different. I always had been small-built and even if I tried, I wouldn’t be able to gain weight. Ryeowook on the other hand…. Ryeowook had been a very chubby kid when he was younger. Gosh just thinking how long he had been silently suffering was making me sick.

We were all getting ready for a performance, resting while we waited in the waiting rooms for the crew to call us. Leeteuk had stayed by Ryeowook’s side ever since we arrived and I wondered if they have talked about it or was Leeteuk just observing Ryeowook first. There wasn’t a need to question why he didn’t tell the members though because I knew our leader and he always knew the right things to do. Ryeowook was resting against Leeteuk’s shoulder, looking at his phone while Leeteuk was reading a newspaper. A knock startled us and a staff popped her head, smiling politely at us.

“Sorry to disturb but we need a few members for a short interview.” She said and then looked at a piece of paper on a clipboard. “Leeteuk-shi, Heechul-shi, Kangin-shi, Shindong-shi.”

“As expected, the only want the popular ones.” Heechul joked, standing up.

“Or more like the old ones.” Kyuhyun muttered.

“I heard that!” Kangin yelled.

I saw Leeteuk whispering something to Ryeowook before getting up and following the others out of the waiting room. When the hyungs left, the other members continued doing their own thing, the silence filling the room. Earlier on with the hyungs or more like with Heechul and Kangin around, it was impossible to get silence. I continued staring at Ryeowook since everyone else was busy on their phones or laptops and then decided to approach him. Things have been a little awkward for the poor magnae after the fight last night.

“Hey Wookie, what are you up to?” I asked, plopping down next to him.

“Nothing hyung.” Ryeowook muttered. “Just chatting with some of my friends from the musical.”

“Did they say anything about our comeback?”

“They said that it’s really catchy and they’re going to buy our album once it comes out.” Ryeowook looked at me and smiled palely. “And they really liked the shirt stage.”

“Everyone likes shirt.” I said, nodding. “Anyway…. Are you feeling better? After you know… What happened yesterday?”

“Yeah, what happened anyway?” Donghae asked from the other side of the room.

“I was just really tired and I snapped.” Ryeowook answered, looking back down to his phone. “I feel really sorry.”

“Shindong hyung is still kind of mad at you, you know.” Kyuhyun added, not looking up from his laptop while he abused his mouse. “Goddammit! You did not just shoot my head, ! Take that!”

“Your inner geek is showing, Kyuhyun.” Sungmin laughed, shaking his head.

The other members started talking then but Ryeowook remained silent, looking at his phone. I spotted a packet of chocopie given by the staffs on the table and immediately something came to my mind. I reached out and took the packet, tearing the wrapper open.

“Here, Wookie, have this.” I said.

Ryeowook stared at the food in my hand and then to me and then shook his head. “Umm… No thanks.”

“Aish. You should eat this, Wook.”

I pushed the chocopie towards Ryeowook but he shook his head again, politely refusing and telling me that he didn’t want to have to brush his teeth again for our upcoming performance since he had already done that a few minutes ago.

“But you look really pale, Wookie ah.” I insisted. “Surely it can’t hurt right?

“I really….”

“Wookie,” I then say. “You’re having an eating disorder and this will just solve it, here!”

I didn’t know what in the world I was thinking saying that out loud. Without even realizing, I shoved the choco pie into Ryeowook’s mouth. Ryeowook eyes widened and the members were all too shocked by what I had just done and said to react. Ryeowook quickly grabbed a napkin and spitted his food out, wiping his lips with the back of his hands.

“What are you doing?!”

Ryeowook sneered and then stomped out of the room, shoving away Sungmin who was trying to hold him back to talk to him. The other members in the room looked at me with their mouth wide.

“What is going on??” Sungmin asked me worriedly.

I got up on my feet. “Wookie has an eating disorder!”

“What did you say??” Donghae jumped from the other side of the room. “Eating disorder?”

“Yeah!! I heard Leeteuk hyung talking to Kangin hyung last night. I was trying to make him eat something and he just snapped.”

“Idiot.” Sungmin slapped the back of my head. “You can’t just blurt it out and force someone to eat when they’re having an eating disorder!”

“But hyung, I was just trying to help!”

“I know, I know.” Sungmin then shook his head sighing. “Look, I’ll find and talk to him.”

“I kind of suspected he had one but didn’t say anything. I’ve read blog posts about eating disorders and I think I can try talking to him.”

“I’m….” I looked down, suddenly feeling embarrassed and guilty. “Okay.”

“You were trying to help, Hyukkie.” Sungmin smiled encouragingly at me and tapped my shoulders light. “No worries alright?”

I nodded although my heart was filled with guilt and I felt too embarrassed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter