1/1

Let Me Know

“Okay,” Yoongi started as he handed the music sheets out to the rest of BTS, all sat in the Bangtan Room. “This is the song. Read through it.”

The room went quiet as BTS read through the lyrics that Yoongi had spent day and night over the past month perfecting; writing and revisiting, scribbling and scratching out, until he was finally prepared to show to group.

He watched each of their faces intently.

Jin was nodding, his hand on his chin and a serious expression on his face as though he was already committing the words on the page to memory.

Hoseok’s foot was jiggling to the beat he could imagine these words fitting already, his head collaborating with the beat his foot set.

Namjoon’s expression grew more and more impressed as he processed each line, and his mouth hung open slightly. His eyes kept flicking up to Yoongi, purveying his absolute respect for his hyung.

Tae and Jungkook wore mirroring expressions of open mouthed, silent “wow”s.

The frown Jimin wore shocked Yoongi. What was his problem? Yoongi shook it off; it had to be something else bothering him, Jimin had been the most openly excited member about this song.

Namjoon was the first to break the silence that continued to hang in the air after everyone was finished reading.
“Hyung… that’s incredible.”
Murmurs of agreement ran through the others.
“Yeah, hyung, I can’t wait ‘till we can start recording.”
“Whah, can I have your talent?”

“You’re really a genius!”

“The lyrics are so deep, hyung, how do you know about all this?”

Yoongi turned his gaze to the ground, focusing on his sneakers scuffing the carpet below them, pink dusting his cheeks in a rare show of humbleness from the usually cocky boy.
He cleared his throat, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. “Yah, stop that. Just go away and learn your parts as best you can so we can start recording.”
The group filed out the door, in an animated ramble of excitement.

Yoongi sighed and turned back to his computer, his tired eyes finding the bump in the track of the new song.
He was startled out of his absolute focus when he felt a tap on his shoulder. He spun around in his swivel chair, nearly wiping Jimin out with his outstretched legs.

Yoongi opened his mouth to snap about being interrupted whilst working, but shut his jaw with a click when he saw the shattered expression that distorted Jimin’s features. Yoongi stood up, running his hands down Jimin’s arms until he reached his fingers, holding them tightly.

“Jiminnie,” he said softly, waiting for his dongsaeng to look him in the eye. When he didn’t, he lifted a hand from its grip on Jimin’s to replace it with Jimin’s jaw instead. “What’s’ wrong?”

Jimin didn’t say anything, just lifted the music sheet Yoongi had handed out not fifteen minutes ago, and brandished it in Yoongi’s face.

Yoongi still didn’t catch on to what his problem was, and his crest fell. “Do you… not like my song? What bit? I can change it if-“

Jimin cut him off. “No, it’s… beautiful. So tragically beautiful. Is this what you really feel? About us?”

“What? No, Jiminnie. It’s for the concept, okay? I thought you would know that,” he leant in to peck the other on the lips, but Jimin retracted his face, still not appeased.
“Then why do I have next to no lead parts?”
Yoongi groaned. Of course, he should’ve thought about how Jimin would take not having nearly as many parts as the other vocalists. “Jagiya, your voice just didn’t fit the style of this song. Tae’s depth is what I needed. Plus, he rarely gets as many parts as you or Jungkook do.”
“Oh, so my voice isn’t good enough?”
Yoongi took a deep breath to keep calm and to remind himself of how insecure Jimin really is, even though his squishy outer-shell doesn’t openly broadcast it. Yoongi had been there for the worst of his insecure moments, when Jimin had been close to starving himself just to get that chiselled jawline, or was in body-wracking tears after he saw the A.R.M.Y.’s comments on his size. Yoongi never wanted Jimin to go back to those stages. He had been doing so well lately, and Yoongi didn’t want to be the reason for another depression. Jimin was far too dear to him.
“No, that’s not it. You know I love your voice,” he paused again, internally cringing at what he was going to say next, hating himself for speaking these mushy thoughts out loud, but knowing that Jimin needed it to be spelled out to him in the most obviously heart-felt way for him to believe it even for a second. “Your voice is the most wonderful thing on this world. It inspires me, and I don’t know how I lived before hearing it. I want to write a song with all the best notes, for you to sing. Just you. But, I need to have this song for the album. You’re in the background. You’ll hear it once you give this song a shot and it’s all finished. I can picture it so clearly. You’re going to add the dream-like quality to this song, the same quality that you bring to my life, because I still can’t believe that you being mine is real life. I have to be dreaming; I don’t deserve someone like you.”

While Yoongi had been speaking, his eyes had been boring into Jimin’s, and he couldn’t look away even after he’d finished. They were such a gorgeous colour, and so deep you needed a rope to get out and bring you back out to reality.
Jimin’s sniffles served as that rope, wrenching him back out back onto his two feet in the Bangtan Room.
“Hyung-“ came Jimin’s broken whisper, before he crushed himself into Yoongi’s chest, arms pulling his hyung ever closer – never close enough. “You know I love how you speak, right?”

“Probably as much as I love you,” Yoongi breathed into Jimin’s neck, where he had nuzzled his face.

 

 

So, when Jimin was on stage, floating his high notes over Tae’s alto in the dark, he didn’t feel left out. He felt nothing but pride, and honour to be a part of his Yoongi’s song. He knew Yoongi was talented, far beyond a lot of people in their industry, and now the whole world would know.

This was just the start, and Jimin would be by his side the whole ride.


Ooh there it isss

I know it's not very interesting, but I need more Yoonmin fluff in my life. OTP for sure jfc they're just too obviously infatuated with each other, not that I'd ever expect Yoongi to say anything like that ever HAHAH 

Anyway, if you stayed to the end, thank you so much I love you~~

OH and if, for some strange reason you really liked this and feel the need, please upvote. AND comment! Comments make my day, whether they're constructive criticism or just gushing your Yoonmin feels I LOVE  COMMENTS so please~~~ leave one xx