Final

Sacrifice

a/n: this is the end ^^

 

-----

 

Sunggyu didn't want to think about it, he didn't want this to happen but even he shook the thoughts away, the glaring fact is right in front of his eyes. One of his seniors had his arm around Jinki's neck and the other was holding a gun that was pointing at Jinki's temple. Then he glanced at the police with raised guns directed to the two.

 

Sunggyu wanted to save Jinki, but what would be the cost? Maybe his freedom. Maybe his life. But is it worth it?

 

So with gritted teeth, he pointed the gun towards his senior and with the precision of a sniper, he shot the hand that held the gun. Jinki was freed and Sunggyu raised both hands up in the air as the police captured each and everyone from their group.

 

Jinki wanted to stop them, he ran towards Sunggyu but the police got to him first. They yanked the gun off of him and pushed him to the ground. Sunggyu looked at Jinki, their eyes making contact just as Sunggyu was being handcuffed and Jinki was being pulled to safety.

 

Sunggyu! Let me go!! Sunggyu!' Jinki was screaming loudly yet no one understood his predicament.

 

Sunggyu watched him being pulled away while he was on the ground and his eyes were shedding silent tears, maybe he'll regret betraying his family for this man, but the thought of saving Jinki was enough of a retribution on his part.

 

Sunggyu was shoved inside a cell, of men far bigger and more muscular than him. He was given punches in the abdomen, some on his face and others wherever their fist landed. He was a traitor and no one will let him live it down, but he consoled himself with the thoughts of saving Jinki. Before more damage was done to him, he fought back, his fist colliding with their jaws and stomach and wherever it could make damage.

 

I did what most of you will never do your entire life.” He uttered, breathing heavily as he wiped the blood from his mouth. “I sacrificed my freedom and my life for the one I love.' He said and the cell went silent, no one knew how to answer that.

 

Then they heard loud claps from a lad that was walking towards him. “Impressive.” the boy uttered and he offered a hand for Sunggyu to shake. “I mean no harm Newbie, I am Woohyun and you just made yourself a friend.” He said and Sunggyu scoffed and walked towards his bed.

 

Jinki visited him as soon as he could and he saw the poor state of his dearly beloved. He was tearing up as he held Sunggyu's hand tightly. “I will tell them that you did nothing wrong.” Jinki stated but Sunggyu shook his head.

 

Don't worry about me.” Sunggyu replied but Jinki doesn't want to hear that from him. “Jinki, please be happy. If you want to repay me, do this at the very least.” Sunggyu said and then walked away from him.

 

Jinki let his tears fall from his eyes, he didn't expect that from Sunggyu. He then stood up and took his leave.

 

Sunggyu and the rest of his gang was set for trial and Jinki pointed each and everyone but told everyone that Sunggyu took care of him and protected him. He pleaded for his innocence and in the end, he lowered Sunggyu's sentence to three years.

 

Jinki wanted to hug him, to kiss him yet the walls, both physical and emotional, restrained him and blocked him from getting to Sunggyu. He just let out silent tears while he awaited for the time of Sunggyu's release.

 

Six months into the sentence, Jinki visited him along with a girl he introduced as Luna. Sunggyu nodded and gave them a small smile.

 

Luna is the daughter of SanSan cosmetics, she..” Jinki said and Sunggyu sighed and cut him off.

 

I want you live a good life, be happy and congratulations.” Sunggyu uttered and then left the visiting room with a stunned Jinki and a shocked Luna.

 

Jinki oppa.” Luna uttered, concerned for Jinki. “You never told him?” Luna asked and Jinki shook his head.

 

----

 

Sunggyu heard of the news, of Luna and Jinki's engagement and soon their wedding and the birth of their son named SungJin. He couldn't care less about Jinki's life yet that was the only his facade to cover up the hurt he was feeling at the loss of his beloved. He questioned himself whether his choice was the wisest, or does he really not regret the decision he made.

 

Sure enough he always found himself crying silently as the hurt flooded his entire system and reminded him of his pathetic life. Woohyun was there as his friend and they both shared stories of the bitterness in their lives; it turned out that Woohyun was charged of homicide to protect his boyfriend who was being mistreated by his step father.

 

He visits you?” Sunggyu asked and Woohyun nodded.

 

He does, every week when he can.” Woohyun answered and Sunggyu nodded at that. “but he's been busy these past years, quite hard to reach him.” Woohyun added.

 

Is he working?” Sunggyu asked and Woohyun shook his head.

 

Internship. He's going to graduate this year.” Woohyun informed him and Sunggyu patted his friends shoulder.

 

And you're going to get your release papers this year too.” Sunggyu said and Woohyun grinned at that.

 

And soon Woohyun was released and he bid Sunggyu goodbye, a few more months and they will see each other again. Woohyun visited Sunggyu a few weeks after he was released, with a male too stylish for Woohyun but it was obvious that the two are very much in love.

 

hi hyung!” Woohyun greeted him. “This is Key, My fiance.” Woohyun introduced the male who bowed and smiled at him.

 

Nice to meet you Sunggyu hyung, I heard so much from Woohyun ever since he was released. I am happy that he found a friend like you.” Kibum uttered and Sunggyu smiled.

 

And I heard about you too. You said fiance?” Sunggyu asked and the two nodded.

 

He proposed to me during my graduation.” Kibum said while blushing and Sunggyu smiled at it. He was humbled by the sight of the two in love and both held on while they were far away from each other.

 

And that made him a bit jealous of the state of his life. Because both him and Woohyun made a sacrifice yet only Woohyun was gifted with such happiness even after all the trials they endured.

 

I know you'll find your happy ending too hyung.” Woohyun said as his parting words. “Would you want me to pick you up on your release?” Woohyun asked and Sunggyu shook his head.

 

I'm okay.” Sunggyu replied and waved them off.

 

He did not want to be reminded of his own failure but sincerely thanked Woohyun because somehow, it made him realize that his sacrifice would be rewarded somehow; Jinki will have a peaceful and happy life.

 

When Sunggyu was finally released, he saw a familiar face once again. He sighed and walked passed him but the man held his wrist. “Please Sunggyu let me explain.” Jinki pleaded and Sunggyu sighed as he nodded, maybe just this once he could allow himself a selfish whim.

 

Jinki led him to his car and drove to a restaurant. Jinki had ordered them a full course before clearing his to get Sunggyu's attention.

 

I missed you.” Jinki choked his first words and Sunggyu shook his head.

 

yeah, it's been a while, how's your wife?” Sunggyu asked and Jinki shook his head.

 

We're divorced.” Jinki said. “I don't love her.” He added.

 

pity.” came Sunggyu's short reply.

 

it was a marriage of convenience and we both had an agreement.” Jinki explained and Sunggyu sighed.

 

You have a family Jinki, let's not bring the ghost of our past.” Sunggyu said but Jinki shook his head. “I want you to live happily.” Sunggyu ended with a sigh.

 

You don't understand do you?” Jinki said, tears now brooding on the side of his eyes. “I won't be able to live a happy life if I don't have you. You are the source of my happiness!” Jinki said, not restraining the emotions that he had for the man in front of him.

 

I love you so much that I can't help the tears each and every time I think of you!” Jinki wiped the tears that fell down his cheeks. “I think of you every single day Sunggyu.” He confessed and cried some more.

 

I don't deserve you Jinki.” Sunggyu simply stated but Jinki shook his head.

 

You deserve me, perhaps it's me that don't deserve you.” Jinki stated. “You never heard me out that day, my plans for us.” Jinki said and Sunggyu looked at him quizzically. “Luna and I made a deal, the marriage was just a front for our family's merger and she agreed to have a child with me. Why would I name my son SungJin? Has it occurred to you?” Jinki asked.

 

I love you so much Sunggyu can't you understand that simple thought? I love you.' Jinki let out all the emotions inside him and sobbed. “I love you.” Jinki repeated and without knowing it, Sunggyu's tears fell down his cheeks.

 

I...” Sunggyu started, making Jinki look at him with hopeful eyes. “I..” He couldn't say it. “I love you.” Sunggyu blurted out and Jinki just couldn't help but stand up and pulled Sunggyu for a lip lock; a kiss they've been deprived for three years of separation.

 

I love you so much Sunggyu.” Jinki repeated and soon they found themselves in heated kisses with the lunch forgotten.

 

please marry me.” Jinki breathed out as their eyes locking with each other. Sunggyu smiled then laughed before locking their lips again.

 

We should ask your son first Jinki.” he replied and Jinki nodded and took out his phone. “What are you doing?” Sunggyu asked and Jinki grinned at him.

 

Asking my son for permission.” Jinki replied and soon the phone line picked up. “Luna, can you brink Sungjin?” He asked then quickly cut the line. Jinki gestured for them to sit down as their lunch was served and a waited placing two more chairs, the other was a high chair.

 

Soon Luna came with a baby boy and smiled at Sunggyu. She then placed the boy on the high chair and turned to Sunggyu.

 

Hello Sunggyu-ssi, I believe our first meeting ended a bit off.” Luna uttered and Sunggyu apologized for it. “I am currently engaged, this time to the man I love.” Luna said and smiled at Jinki. “I would like to thank Jinki oppa for making a deal with my father for this arrangement. And as a sign of my gratitude, I gave him a son for the two of you to complete your family. If you want, I could donate my egg cells if you want to have a son of your.” She said and Sunggyu took the information slowly.

 

Did I scare you Sunggyu-ssi?” Luna asked and Sunggyu nodded. “I'm sorry.” She said and bowed her head.

 

Sungjin-ah, would you like to have a new appa?” Jinki asked his son then took the kid from the chair and handed it to Sunggyu.

 

Sunggyu took the kid reluctantly but the 2 year old instantly hugged and laughed at him. “Appa!” Sungjin said and Sunggyu was wide eyed at the two year old.

 

He already like you.” Jinki was smiling and so thus Luna.

 

Maybe in another year he'll look for a sibling.” Luna said and Sunggyu eyed the two with questioning eyes.

 

so Will you marry me?” Jinki asked Sungjin happily screamed Yes unlimited times.

 

I guess?” Sunggyu replied and Sungjin kissed Sunggyu's cheek and repeated APPA

 

Sunggyu laughed as he kissed the baby's cheek and nuzzled his nose on the baby's tummy. Maybe his sacrifice was never in vain.

--- 

a/n: I ended it happily okay~ bye bye!